[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I overdo stretching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9
File: hgfddg.jpg (278 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
hgfddg.jpg
278 KB, 1536x2048
Sup fit. Been lifting for a year, but I've been slacking on mobility/stretching and it's catching up to me. My hamstrings are very tight, my hips and back are less mobile than I'd like them to be.

I've been looking into a bunch of stretching exercises, and I'm happy to do them every day. My question is, will doing stretches more often than that help? Is there a possibility of overdoing it? I work from home, so I could do them 3-4 times per day, easy. I want to get them mobility gains as fast as possible, and once I'm happy I would switch back to once per day to maintain.

How often does /fit/ stretch? Are you happy with your mobility?
>>
File: j.jpg (125 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
125 KB, 720x960
I know /fit/ will come through, so I'm rewarding you with "who do you lift for" tier girls from my Facebook friend list.
>>
I used to be pretty religious about my stretching. And I was more flexible back then, but I was also in pain constantly! Not pain, but like, I always felt tight, like I needed to stretch more even during the day when I was just sitting around.

Then I stopped stretching. And I'm not as flexible, but I also never feel tight. And I'm not so unflexible that it actually effects or limits me at all.

In short, I discovered that stretching is a meme and you literally shouldn't do it unless you actually need the flexibility.
>>
File: v.jpg (37 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
37 KB, 720x720
>>37059444
>>
You should never stop stretching I would say, what's stopping you from pushing your legs as far apart as you can when you are sitting right now? Nothing. If you're aren't stretching all the time you're never aren't doing anyaren'tthing
>>
File: a.jpg (62 KB, 690x960) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
62 KB, 690x960
>>37059452

I feel tight already, that's why I want to stretch in the first place. Lots of daily tasks are made uncomfortable by how not flexible I am.

>>37059462

>If you're aren't stretching all the time you're never aren't doing anyaren'tthing

wut
>>
File: t.jpg (24 KB, 518x625) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
24 KB, 518x625
>>37059462
>what's stopping you from pushing your legs as far apart as you can when you are sitting right now?

Technically, my armrests are, but I see your point.
>>
you can overdo stretching, i've done it when i started training kickboxing and was trying to become flexible enough for highkicks. Just stretch like 2 times a day but do it properly and do it every day and you will become a lot more flexible with time.
>>
>>37059490
Are there any vagina pictures of this girl? Or maybe something close to the anus?
>>
>>37059495
>girl
>>
File: t1.jpg (37 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
t1.jpg
37 KB, 479x720
>>37059494
>you can overdo stretching, i've done it when i started training kickboxing and was trying to become flexible enough for highkicks

What happened? Did you pull something, injure yourself?

>>37059495

Nope. I did hook up with her once actually, but it never went beyond a drunken kiss. She really is a beauty though.
>>
>>37059500
I've been on /fit. too long to care about what's in between the legs.
>>
>>37059495
Dude, what the fuck
>>
>>37059452
stretching is a meme?
ROFL what the fuck is wrong with u idiot

u cant over do stretching. just start reeally slow and u can stretch as much as u want.
>>
I hope your going to do anykind of passive stretching op...
>>
File: t2.jpg (76 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
t2.jpg
76 KB, 960x720
>>37059500

>implying my Slavic country is infested with traps like yours
>>
>>37059506
No, the muscles just got too stretched out too quickly i guess and my hips and hamstrings were sore and hurting. There's a name for it but i am too lazy to look it up. But it's pretty easy to understand that your muscles can only be stretched so much in a short period of time before you are doing damage do the muscle fibers or whatever.
>>
File: ad.jpg (103 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
ad.jpg
103 KB, 1280x960
>>37059526

Gotcha. I think I'll stretch every morning and then after each workout or run.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.