[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /fit/ understand that in order to get bigger and more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: itsworking.gif (1 MB, 400x170) Image search: [Google]
itsworking.gif
1 MB, 400x170
Why does /fit/ understand that in order to get bigger and more muscular, you have to lift hard, eat right, avoid temptations, etc. and generally do things that are unpleasant for a large reward (looking good and being /fit/) but they don't understand that in order to stop being socially autistic and get a gf (or whatever other goals you have) they just chalk it up to "I'm too retarded, I can never do it, girls only want Chad, blah blah blah." That's the equivalent of blaming your genetics for being a fat slob even though you don't do shit all day and eat a shit ton.

My point here is that in order to stop being socially retarded, you have to do things that may seem unpleasant or terrifying in order to make social gains. Even saying "hello" to a few strangers a day or complimenting them can build up over time, just as doing 10 minutes of exercising a day when you're just starting out. Just apply your knowledge of fitness to social situations and you'll be golden, there are a lot of people here who have a lot of willpower. Show it off brehs, there's more than just physical fitness y'know.
>>
Because many anons have a really hard time getting over the anxiety barrier, its too easy to pussy out. There's nothing to be scared of eating and lifting, there's no hurdles besides physical ones.
>>
Because anxiety and depression are real things where as you're shit genetics is not real.
>>
OP makes a good point. I'm barely DYEL but I'm a really social person only because I forced myself to be in order to impress highschool Crush. At the time I was about 30 lbs overweight and super depressed because of it. Combine that with crippling anxiety I pretty much was a complete failure in life except for school grades. Upon throwing myself forcibly into situations and getting weird looks for it, I eventually made my way out of retard mode. Now I'm trying to do the same with fitness and hopefully be able to one day compete with Chad thundercock
>>
OP has a really valid point here. Never thought about it like this desu. How are you ever going to hit a social PR if you don't make an attempt? How are you ever gonna achieve 4pl8 social "chad" status if you're not even interested in doing the linear progression necesarry to get there. In response to the question it's probably like most normies who go to the gym one time and expect to be huge within a week they let their expectations get in the way of the work and then they simply give up. The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
>>
>>37044386
But you actually become Chad by being /fit/, almost all your problems can be solved with going to the gym since it gives you not only physical benefits but mental ones such as: discipline, motivation, keeps you busy, good place to socialize, teaches you humility, patience, etc...
>>
>>37044589
don't fall for this guy's memes
>>37044386
really good point OP, never really thought of it that way. I'll give it a try, I guess the fitness dogma can be applied to a lot of things
>>
This is pretty naive. What makes CHAD an alpha fucking CHAD are his genetics.

We're talking HEIGHT
FACE
and
FRAME.

You can't work at that.
>>
>>37044709

lol alpha is all mental... of course it's easier when you have attractive features, but "alpha" is simply a mindset
>>
>>37044402
>>37044416
If you do what I said in the original post like giving out a few compliments or saying hello to complete strangers who you will never see again can build up your confidence little by little and eventually you'll be socially /fit/. Like I said, blaming depression or anxiety for the reason you're so anti-social is like blaming your genetics on being a fat slob. It's a vicious cycle because the lonelier you get the more depressed you get, and the more depressed you get the more lonely you get. Just grow a pair and say hi to a few people, it can even be one person a day, hell, one person a fucking WEEK just so long as you're consistent with it. I had horrendous social anxiety in high school and was depressed for a very long time, so it's not like I'm talking out of my ass. I applied the same reasoning that I learned from fitness to my social life and now I have a gf who I'm planning on marrying in 3 months, and I'm only 24. Just 6 years ago I was a total mess, now I'm flourishing. You can do it brehs, I'm trying to fucking help you here.
>>
>>37044386
shortcuts exist
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.