[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Cardio General/ ITT: Cardio and running thread Just finished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 640x1136
/Cardio General/

ITT: Cardio and running thread

Just finished my daily 6 mile run. Training for my college's cross country team

Pic related: dog running pal
>>
Thats cool, I rode my bike at almost race speed for an hour after the gym today and I hit a 55 mile, 3 hour ride yesterday. I only got like 60-70 miles last week but the week before was closer to 200 miles with 135 of it on saturday and sunday
>>
Out of curiosity how do you get your dog to keep pace for that long? Both of the ones I owned would tire very quickly. Dogs in general seem to be more speed oriented than distance.
>>
I like to run a mile every morning before lifting to keep my heart healthy, however I am actually starting to enjoy it again (used to run half marathons, never got up to a full).

I would like to run more, but I have two problems:

1) I already am pushing 2hrs per day at the gym, and I don't want to spend too much of my time exercising

2) I don't want to lose the muscle mass I've put on

Any advice on these 2 problems? Much appreciated
>>
>>37029447
>cardio
>>
>>37029447

cute doggo!
>>
>>37029478
Damn wish I could ride that much. I dont really have anywhere to ride that far. Do you live in the mountains or something?
>>
>>37029447
Cool man. I ran 3 miles yesterday, and will do so again tomorrow
>>
>>37029522
I live in denver, I ride the hills from time to time but I am not a good climber. I hit the flats today and yesterday which is why I was able to hold a decent speed for it. Do you go to /n/?
>>
>>37029508
Do what makes you happy. If lifting all the time is what you want to do then do that.. personally I start to get kind of depressed if I dont do any cardio for a few weeks, therefore I hit cardio pretty hard in the summers because I enjoy being outside and lift more in the winters... I am also not trying to get huge, just well defined and decent is fine for me. I can pass for ottermode+
>>
>>37029552
>Do you go to /n/?
No I just do a little light cycling here and there sometimes mountain biking on trails. But I only do maybe 10 miles. I cant imagine getting out for 3 hour rides.
>>
File: 800px-thumbnail.jpg (116 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
800px-thumbnail.jpg
116 KB, 800x500
Hit a 4 mile run in 29:45, 1 mile swim in 23 min flat, and did some squats and deadlifts. Lotta calories. Anyone got any tips for improving shorter distance run times such as a 1.5 mile?
>>
>>37029688
I am currently training for a 100 ride that will circle the city and head up into the mountains and back so spending time on the bike is really beneficial over doing squats and deads.. in fact I havent done either in a few months as they actually hurt my performance on the bike, wrong type of muscle to build.. I just built more miles over time. 10 years ago I was hitting 10-15 miles on a mtn bike and slowly I just switched over to a road bike. The 1st time I hit 40 miles it probably took me 4 hours but now I can do 70 on the flats in just a little longer than that. I think the 100 miler is going to take me around 6.5-7.5 hours if I dont stop at the rest stations
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.