[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/izens I need some help. I want to gain muscle without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Hey /fit/izens I need some help. I want to gain muscle without going to the gym. Also all I have is the pull up bar in pic
>>
ok so use it
>>
this, a cheap (preferrably used) set of dumbbells, an elastic band, an exercise mat and an ab roller is all u need
>>
The pullup bar and a backpack is all you need. Now you can do squats, weighted pushups, curls, situps, pullups, dips with chairs etc.

So pretty much most things you need. Not all, but most.
>>
Kettlebell Alternative: T Handle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=427hjj0ZRDc

Sand bag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afPtHunMPnE

6-10 10lb standard weight plates

2 standard adjustable spin lock dumbbell handles

sprints
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWoQS_JDHoU
>>
File: GOCowPusAD.jpg (11 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
GOCowPusAD.jpg
11 KB, 600x599
If you don't wanna buy weights, get two milk jugs and fill them with wet sand.

Back & Bi: Neutral and Regular Pullups, chins, milk jug reverse flys, milk jug kettlebell swing.

Chest & Tris: Pushups, Incline Pushups, Chair Pushups, Chair Dips, jug kickbacks.

Legs & Shoulders: Prisoner squats w/jugs, jug lunges, jug step ups, jug lateral raises.
>>
>>37025062
Go ahead and just do this till failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAvGEWhNTkw
>>
>>37025062
Startbodyweight.com
>>
This is the only serious reply in this thread.

Torrent "Building the Gymnastic Body" by Coach Somner. It's a book on the movements gymnasts use to build strength, and the progressions range from blatantly easy (push-ups, pullups, handstands against a wall) to borderline impossible unless you've been training for years and would be able to bench 315 for reps.

All the progressions provided can be fairly linear, the only downside is not a lot of leg work. If you have the room, I suggest sandbag work or something.

The one downside is the programming in the book is really bad, but just balance horizontal/vertical pushing and pulling, give yourself enough rest, and be consistent and you'll be fine.

From an old /fit/izen with love.
>>
File: 1460004127637.gif (1 MB, 382x222) Image search: [Google]
1460004127637.gif
1 MB, 382x222
Great info ITT, way to be /fit/.

I'm in the same boat, OP. Broke as shit. You'd be surprised how shredded you can get with calisthenics. You'll have to work longer/harder (cardio style) but your muscle will be more dense and you'll have the coveted functional strength. Calisthenics master race.
>>
OP, read a book called Convict Conditioning.
It was written by some dude who claims he went to prison, but it sets you up with some solid bodyweight exercises, all of which can be done with little to no equipment.

Fair warning, the author is like the calisthenics version of Mark Rippetoe, i.e. "if you don't do calisthenics you ain't worth dogshit", but some of the advice is pretty solid. I also see the book mentioned in >>37025348 brought up a lot, and while I haven't read it myself, it might be good as supplemental reading.
>>
>>37025450
Honestly, I've read both and convict conditioning is pretty shit. Most of the progressions are very unbalanced or nonlinear (for example, most start stupidly, stupidly easy but make huge jumps in difficulty later on) and the exercise balance is very poor. However, the push-up, ab, and pullup progression isn't absolutely awful. His programming is absolutely stupid though.

Coach somner is by far the better author.
>>
>>37025543
I'll take your word for it.
I pretty much just picked up the book to find a nice pullup progression since I had only focused on barbell training and never did anything notable bodyweight-wise - It was ridiculous, I could row more than my bodyweight for 3x8, but couldn't do a single pullup.

Would you mind telling me if Somner has a better approach to learning the handstand pushup than Wade? It's the thing I had the most trouble with.
>>
>>37025313
>Pick up chair and lower 1 x failure
>Pick up weighted chair and lower 1 x failure
>Rip dolls 2 x failure.
>>
>>37026832
>>Rip dolls 2 x failure.
whoa, you don't want to get too shredded bro.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.