[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A WEEK OFF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: strange-sleeping-places-03.jpg (57 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
strange-sleeping-places-03.jpg
57 KB, 600x449
So lately I'm feeling completely exhausted. No energy to do anything, despite eating and sleeping properly.I've been doing PPL 5 times a week for over 4 months and I feel like a dead man walking. Should I rest a week, will it help at all or will I waste gains?
>>
Deload. Do all your sets at %50 of the weight
previously used
>>
File: lol.jpg (69 KB, 468x683) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
69 KB, 468x683
No problem in taking a break dude.
The only people who have problems taking breaks are the people with motivation problems.
There was a period for a week where every time I would do a set of anything i'd get light headed. Took a break and I was fine.

Also you don't deteriorate muscle for about 4-6 weeks I think?
>>
deloading or even taking an occasional week off is okay as long as you can get back into the routine.

all the serious lifters deload or take time off occasionally (though the latter is usually before comps or something)
>>
>>37024525
Confirmation on muscle deteoriation? I've read somewhere that you use 50% of your gains for a week without training, and on the next week 50% of the remaining gains etc.
>>
>>37024552
que
>>
>>37024552
yeah dude you lose all your gains in a few weeks
jesus christ are you retarded
>>37024470
take it easy at the gym for a week, deload to 90% the next and go at it
>>
>>37024575
just uninformed
>>
>>37024586
man i feel bad now, sorry m8,
it will take a while for your muscles to go away, depends a lot on how you eat etc.
I stopped lifting for a few months and went back to my skelly diet. goodbye gains
>>
>>37024552
http://www.livestrong.com/article/435701-how-long-can-you-go-without-exercise-before-your-body-starts-to-lose-muscle/

This is what I was paraphrasing from memory. Read through that, it'll ease your psychi
>>
>>37024611
iktf
i have an issue with consistency, but this time I'm serious about it
>i've said that before
>shoulder injury that didn't let me lift for almost two weeks
w-well at least i'm back at it and my lifts went up from before that shoulder thing, so my lost gains are back baby
>>
Take a break or take it easy. Listen to your body
>>
>>37024656
tl:dr
> cardio earned muscles can take up to 12 weeks to start degrading
> strength earned muscles could start degrading at about 2 weeks
>>
>>37024734
>http://www.livestrong.com/article/435701-how-long-can-you-go-without-exercise-before-your-body-starts-to-lose-muscle/

Only in professionals
>>
>>37024734
The article explicitly says amateurs can last 31 weeks without any sort of physical activity before even starting to lose strenght...
>>
Taking a week off when you feel burned out is completely fine and don't even worry about loosing gains, 2-3 workouts and you're back on your wheights, keep protein high during your rest week.
PPL 5 days a week for 4 months burned out though? I do it 6 days a week for...2 years? Maybe need to lower your volume.
>>
>>37024656
>>37024611
>>37024734
thanks
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.