[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your (future) profession? Can you combine it with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 13
File: most-attractive-jobs.png (155 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
most-attractive-jobs.png
155 KB, 525x525
What's your (future) profession?
Can you combine it with your /fit/ness lifestyle?
>>
I'm not sure what I want to do
Pilot sounds fucking nice though, banging flight attendands on the beach,sleep for free in top hotels in Paris, New York,..
>>
>>37009743
>Pilot

Pilots have miserable existences and are going to be automated soon.

Girls swipe right because they are literal infants who emotionally light up with any word related to their dumbass MUH TRAVEL love.
>>
>>37009776
true and also no gains
>>
>>37009711
Going to be a paramedic because it pays well and requires you to be fit af
>>
lel. wonder how software developer would rank on that list for men.

Dead last?
>>
Teacher, history and ethics
>>
>>37009711
>college student
wat de fak
cougars looking for fresh meat?

I'm finishing a degree in engineering and may add one in economic computer science. Going the economic path may include more travel, but i can always use bodyweight exercises so who cares.
>>
>>37009711
I teach special education. I'm the only young in shape male at my job.
>>
>model higher on the list for men than for women

And they say they aren't shallow
>>
>>37009711
Analyst at a big 5 consulting firm. Yeah I can since we have our own gym that is free to use. I don't care much about career progression as long as I make enough money where I can be comfortable enough. So in other words I don't work 20 hour days
>>
>>37009803
>pays well
>>
>>37009834

Or maybe Tinder is very popular among college students. Retard.
>>
PE teacher.
Yes.
>>
>>37009962
>retard
wew lad
most women want to date up -> not students
most men date down or equal -> students

10th for male students is weird af.
>>
Occupational therapist so yes.
>>
>>37010000

It makes perfect sense that college girls get with college guys, you fucking retard.
>>
>>37009711
Currently work as an 'intern' in a reasonably sized public service company but I basically do all the shitty bitch work and every day bores me to death. Won't be renewing my contract in the summer and will be returning to uni to get the postgrad qualifications to follow actual interests and become a history professor. Most academic are autismos so being /fit/ will make me stand out and command respect from students and cover up the fact I'm basically an autismo too. Hopefully.
>>
>>37010056

I can see your whole future ahead of me.
>>
medical school soon
>>
>>37009711

do you really think professions matter?

how many fat fuck pilots will get a match
>>
>>37009834
>wat de fak
Don't do this.
>>
>>37009711
Finishing up my 3rd year of finance undergrad, still debating between law school and just going straight into industry
>>
>>37010174
I bet fat pilots get more matches than average office guys
>>
>>37009711

>women all after money

>guys all after pretty stupid girls

list makes sense
>>
>>37010207
Being a physical therapist or a teacher makes you a "stupid girl". Right.

Lol get laid you fucking loser.
>>
>>37010000
Is no-one gonna check these quints? For shame.
>>
>>37010229

>physio

slang for rub and tug girl

>teacher

any idiot can read lecture slides

I stand by my statement.
>>
Medicine.

Yes, I'm far enough along in med school that if I couldn't it would've become apparent by now.
>>
> college student
> 10

> military
> 15
>>
>>37010300
>teacher
>professor

>reading lecture slides to a group of 4th graders

ruhtard
>>
>>37010363

any idiot can be a teacher, my example holds

not everyone can be a prof at a university, though

the list of female jobs are typically filled by hot, stupid women. it makes sense. the male list is high income jobs primarily. it shows golddigging.
>>
>>37009711
>7. engineer

no fucking way this is true
>>
I'm in law school.

I don't know. Get a tailored suit that shows off my sculptured torso perfectly?

Probably won't help me win any cases but fuck that.
>>
>>37010395
most enginners do boring stuff
>>
I don't see NEET on the list.
>>
>>37010395

engineers can make a lot of money

of course it's true, the list is all about money

>lawyer
>>
>>37009711
some sort of teacher i guess
no
>>
>>37010417
>list is all about money
>firefighter
hmm
>>
The list really just shows that men gravitate towards different jobs than women.

I wouldn't be surprises at all if the difference between 1 and 13 on this list is negligible.
>>
>>37010431

there are exceptions, firefighters have the "hot guy" stereotype from calendars

but one common thing is they are mostly high income professions

bitches want two things: aesthetics, and money.
>>
>I draw for a living
>>
File: 50640077_p24_master1200-1.jpg (67 KB, 270x245) Image search: [Google]
50640077_p24_master1200-1.jpg
67 KB, 270x245
>professor or industry researcher
Either way I'll have enough free time to lift.
>>
File: 38IR.png (727 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
38IR.png
727 KB, 720x540
>>37009776
mfw when I'm a pilot and it's the best job in the world.
>pic related
>>
>>37010394
Leave your basement. Just once at least.
>>
>>37010938

Is it true that you'll fuck up your spine for life if you ever have to eject?
>>
>>37010986
Most likely. You can expect to lose an inch off your height. Guys who eject can't get back in the jet for months. You can only eject 2-3 times in a career before you can't fly anymore. It's incredibly rare to eject period, though, so you'd have to be really bad or unlucky to eject multiple times. Ejections also dislocate shoulders, break legs and ankles, etc.
>>
>>37009711
>Jobs
>College student
How in the everloving fuck is that a job?
Is shitposting also a job but it didnt make the list?
>>
File: 1370649929613.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1370649929613.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>37009711
>implying any guy on Tinder cares what job the girl has
>>
>>37009711
I'm a swimming instructor. It's a pretty impressive title, although I instruct small children.
>>
>>37009711
I'm gonna be a nurse in six weeks but I really want to study law or medicine instead desu.
>>
>>37009803
Medic/firefighter master race
>>
>>37011012
>period
>followed by a comma
>>
Game warden
>>
>>37009711
Most likely gonna be a financial advisor or something related
Pay is good and lets me lift, which is all you should really care about in life

You really shouldnt pick a job to impress women because its like picking a career trying to impress someone with ADHD, sure it might work for five seconds but then a butterfly flies by and grabs their attention
>>
>>37009711
>Real estate agent

LMAO that's the common term for whore among IG sluts.
>>
>>37010938
I'm jelly. I wanted to be a pilot fighter when I was very little.
Then my vision turned to shit. Can't go far with -8.75 and -7.75.
>>
>>37011012
Because of the strong sudden pull? Why the breaking of ankles though?
>>
>>37011169
Im with the guy higher up, you cant really trust that list for girls because seriously...who the fuck cares what a girl does of a living?
>>
>>37011219
Very true.
>>
>>37011190
If you can get PRK, you can still fly.
>>37011209
Yes. It's such a violent movement that you blackout from the whip up. When you eject, the upward movement rips your legs back, they could slam into the seat and the whiplash on the ankles could break them. Also, depending the speed, sink rate, and angle you eject at, getting tossed about by the atmosphere could break the ankles. They train you for a proper body form to eject at, but it's often such a quick reaction that guys don't have time.
>>
what a guy needs for attention:

-good body

-job

-status

-car

-etc

what a girl needs:

-a working vagina
>>
teacher is that high up? Above model??
>>
>>37009711
>Entrepreneur
"I'm jobless."
>Social Media Manager
"I was in charge of thr fb of my club in uni. I'm jobless"
>Model
"I suck Qatari dicks for money and then post my stuff on IG. I'm jobless."
>Dental Hygienist
"I'm the girl that works at the desk for a dentist."
>Flight attendant
"I have the most common and depressing job among naive girls. I thought I would be sex and travel the world. I see jackshit of the country I fly to and I serve beer to middle aged men in low cost planes."
>Personnal trainer
"I learned yoga poses on internet and try to sell lessons to people. I'm jobless."
>Real Estate Agent
"See Model. I'm jobless."

Seeing the pattern yet?
Honestly, don't expect to find hot women doctors or lawyers on tinder. They're smart, they know they can score anyone they want, no need to Tinder for that.
>>
>>37011260
Eh, I do law now, I was too bad in maths for that. Plus I'm not in the US, so sometimes even guys who are good enough to be jet fighters end up in bombers because of lack of funds. Feel sorry for them.
>>
Teacher here. Surprised to even be on that list.
>>
>>37011267
A non working vagina would be even better to some.
>>
>>37011028
this, so fucking much.
>>
>>37011322
>don't expect to find hot women doctors or lawyers on tinder.
Why does the job matter when picking a girl?
And why would we want a doctor or lawyer woman? are you a gold digger?

>no need to Tinder for that.
Well no girl anywhere needs tinder to get laid/find a bf/find a FWB but it expedites the process from taking about a week to an hour at most
>>
>>37011034

So you've spent three years doing something you don't want?
>>
>>37011372
No but I don't want my partner to be dependant of me. It's just not how I want my relationship. I want to be with someone that can bring something to the table, to challenge me intellectually, not some fucking doormat that fawns in admiration as soon as I open my mouth.

Earning a lot is good as well, I'd feel weirs if I heard way more than her. Feels like she has to rely on me.
>>
so this confirms what we already knew

a guy needs money, and it doesnt matter what the fuck a girl does

seems legit
>>
>>37011418
Girls bring sex to the table, quite frankly thats asking a fucking lot from them
You cant have such high standards on women, unless you want to be alone that is
>>
>>37011450

>spreading your legs

>demanding

lol
>>
>>37011450
Well shit, better than to get the first one that says yes and then wonder why you got dumped at the first occasion.
I'mwilling to bet that the divorce rate in higher classes is lower than in lower classes. Educated women are better on all grounds.
>>
>>37009776
Pilots are well groomed and confident. They have to be in their jobs. People don't look at the job when right-swiping.

Case in point:
>College students more popular than lawyers
Sure thing. It's just that college students tinder around a lot.
>>
>>37011534
Exactly.
>>
>>37011508
>Educated women are better on all grounds.
Oh good heavens
Im working on my bachelors right now and any girl with a degree or in college is an automatic pass for me, if i was only looking to get laid sure id give it a good try but i want a relationship

How, how are they better?
>>
>>37011552
Because they're educated. Generally speaking they're more likely to stick to some values and be more stable than the common raveslut that will end up a flight attendant.
Smarter, so thinking long terms as well, not just "I horny, and my bf is on a business trip for a week, I know, I'll call my colleague!"
>>
>>37011552

>he thinks and undergraduate degree is an accomplishment
>>
>>37011594
here is a list:
1. Smarter is harder to get, this is not a good thing since its already hard to find single girls
2. Smarter means she will plan ahead and if things go bad is more likely to dump you, dumber girls would most likely value you more
3. Smarter can hide things from you if she is smarter than you
4. smarter probably has much higher demands than dumber girls, which is bad

I dont really trust women because honestly i think they live and breathe only to fuck your day up and break your heart in every possible way they can think of but i do know i trust smart women a hell of a lot less
>>
>>37011692
I daresay the smarter the nicer. Or at least the most honest. If she plans on cheating on you, she might as well just leave you.

Just two different point of views, me being optimist and you pessimist. And we're peobably both wrong.
>>
>>37011728
>And we're peobably both wrong.
Yep probably but given my experience with women with a smart girl youre more likely to end up in the scenario from Gone Girl but with no mistress, just her getting tired of you and wanting to fuck your day up
>>
>>37011534
Dude most lawyers are unemployed/broke as shit
>>
File: saulgoodman.jpg (68 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
saulgoodman.jpg
68 KB, 570x300
>>37011780
If youre terrible maybe ;)
>>
Im a front desk guy at the county fire hq. Temp job, been there 6.5 months, ends Friday. Before that I worked for the forest service at a state park for the summer, and was a part time consultant for my dad's friends electrical company. Graduated in 2014 with a bachelors in environmental studies, got a job interview this week at a vets office doing reception
Tfw living at home feeling beta af
>>
>>37011821
Actually, it depends on the location in which you work and what other experience you have.
If you do your undergrad and go straight into law, you can be sure you'll spend at least a few years doing shitty work (document review, shitty document preparation based on a, template, etc) for relatively low pay and spending a lot of that pay on your student debt for a few years before you get a chance to do much real work.
I went to law school after working in a land title office (I have a geography degree and worked for surveyors during my undergrad) for about three years. I was immediately able to practice land title law and make real money when I passed the bar. Meanwhile, two years later, most of my classmates are still working in doc dungeons for shit pay.
>>
I have heard almost no positive reactions to active duty military on tinder. I think it mostly has to do with the SoCal area, but college girls are especially wary. Also the girls that do actively seek military members are either trailer trash or whores. I try to emphasize my job as an air traffic controller but most girls are clueless to what that is, still leads to convos tho.
>>
>>37012167
>Student debt
Thank god I won't have that.
[spoiler]Thanks mom and dad. [/spoiler]
>>
File: 1367713888106.png (466 KB, 604x602) Image search: [Google]
1367713888106.png
466 KB, 604x602
Software Engineer
yes
>>
Work as a software developer. Means I sit on ass all day collecting large pay checks. Fitness is completely up to me.

Benefits are good money for clothes and entertainment which attract women. That plus I'm the only fit guy in my office over 6 ft tall so I've got exclusive rights to mires.
>>
>>37009711
niggers
>>
>>37012183
Lucky you, so your low pay won't seem quite as low, but you're still likely to be stuck doing shitty work unless mommy and daddy also have some sweet lawyer connections too.
>>
>>37012248
I wish.
Everyone start at the bottom of the ladder in law, even with connections, when you start in law. You don't approach the client, let alone, god forbid, talk to him.
>>
Ex military, future engineer, current college student.
6 foot 1
240 pounds with a six pack
Not ugly
I should probably start using tinder.
>>
>>37012571
>6'1" 240 lbs with a six pack
>>
>>37009711
>engineer
>ranked at all on that list

surprised to be honest
>>
>>37009711
Eyyy male teacher here. Feels good.
>>
I'm a hereto man who's about to go to pharmacy school for my doctorate of pharmacy.
Am I a natty pharma beast?
>>
>>37010938

Yeah, but you're a cool pilot.

Being a commercial airline pilot would suck.
>>
Engineer.

No one cares or comments on it
Maybe I look like an ugly pussy or something
>>
But where does NEET rank

Must be on the secret list
>>
>>37009711
A video game developer.
It's not difficult to work it in despite sitting on my ass most of the day.
>>
>>37011692
You sound like a guy with a lot of self confidence....
>>
File: moralisierender schulz.png (41 KB, 204x203) Image search: [Google]
moralisierender schulz.png
41 KB, 204x203
>>37009711
>speech language pathologist
>social media manager

are these real jobs?
>>
>>37013251
No, they just correlate highly with large amounts of hot women. Dudes couldn't care less what you do as long as it's not stripping or hooking (and even then you'll get people into it if you're hot enough).

"speech language pathologist" = I took sociology & linguistics because it was the easiest degree to complete once I realized I'd never get good enough grades for pre-med.

"social media manager" = I "manage" the facebook updates for a local restaurant, in addition to waiting tables there.

Sure, there's the one-off employee that actually does that shit for legit companies, but most of them just have connections, it's not like they're real jobs or anything. It's basically dicking around on facebook for money.
>>
>>37013251
>>37013345
>speech language pathologist

Hey fuck you both, I couldn't pronounce R's until I was 18-19 years old and took speech therapy classes in college. The speech therapists helped me a lot in making R gains. They know their shit.
>>
>>37011552
>bachelor's
>educated
nah senpai. Vast majority of women in college are studying bullshit. Don't let that spoil you on the handful that are actually trying to study for good jobs; they're hard to find, but they exist. Problem is, they're typically not the kind you'll run into at parties, because they're introverted, and put more effort into classes than 90% of students, male or female.
>>
>>37013409
nobody cares about fucking speech impediments anymore fucko

unless it's heavy stuttering or full blown tourettes
>>
>>37012176
My ex liked that I am Ex-Military. Then again, she is an ex.
>>
>>37013459
>nobody cares about fucking speech impediments anymore fucko

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The speech therapy worked. I think you should do something about that reading impediment.
>>
>>37009803
Paramedicine is actually a pretty low paid field, especially considering how difficult the job can be.
>>
File: 3zqhe6v.jpg (154 KB, 512x439) Image search: [Google]
3zqhe6v.jpg
154 KB, 512x439
>>37010000
that would be true if tinder were a marriage app. It's not though. It's a hookup app.
>>
>>37013515
point me to the specific section pls
I think you're seeing ghosts
>>
>>37012497
It depends on where you want to practice. Culture matters a lot.
Like I said, I was lucky enough to have already worked in the industry in which I now practice, so my professional network was pretty crisp and well established, and having done good work as a land management officer, I was already looked at favourably in the business of land title preparation here.
I also know several people who went to law school from here who have certainly skipped a step or two on the shitty side of the career path by knowing people.
>>
>>37009880
Big 5? Let me guess, you work for Accenture, right? Good shit though, I would love to work there. This summer I'm doing a consulting internship at a pretty reputable firm and that's what I want to do out of college.

Hella bank, but 60-70 hour work weeks and I'm barely gonna have lifting time :(
>>
>>37009711

>college student
>job

Sums up the average tinder user perfectly
>>
>>37010248
those are quads bro. iktf though. it's hard to count zeros with no commas to break them up.
>>
>get marketing degree
>start my own business in the fitness industry selling meme clothes
>shill via YouTube/Faceboo/Instagram/Twitter
>23 years old living alone with a nice car

Comfy life senpai
>>
>>37011450

Having sex with your partner brings a lot to the table? What the fuck am I reading

You must be a fucking female for even saying something so moronic
>>
>>37013967
He's clearly not interacted with many quality women.
>>
>>37012039
>unemployed
>Bachelor's in environmental studies
There's your problem right there. Who would have paid you to know that?
>>
>>37009711
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner

I think so. Hardest part will be sleep desu. I'm gonna have to do overnight clinicals and shit in grad school or work weird fucking hours so I'll have to be flexible with my schedule. There's a gym on the med center campus tho so I can hit it up.

Once I'm in my real job should be easy. I basically do what a psychiatrist does so my hours will be normalized by then.
>>
>>37010938
no you're #15 as in military
>>
>>37010431
well, money and/or aesthetics.
>>
>>37009840
Yea only cause the rest of the young males can barely understand shapes... You're a cut above anon...
>>
File: 1455304706432.png (587 KB, 625x918) Image search: [Google]
1455304706432.png
587 KB, 625x918
Elementary teacher.
I think I should be able to, just there is a lot of time commitments I will have to put in front of being /fit/.
However, I am joining the Nat. Gaurd upon graduation so I should be able to keep fit.

Gonna sound like a ass here, but I just want to be a big military motherfucker that teaches kids.
Kids won't give me no shit and then the parents won't either.
>>
>>37009711
>tfw no qt physical therapist gf to massage you after a workout
>>
Being doing Air Conditioning service work for 2 years now. I like it.
>>
>>37009803
>losing all your gains to shiftwork
>>
>>37009711
Men: high profile and/or well paid jobs
Women: all jobs associated with females in their 20s

So women value prestige and money, and men go for anything young and hot? Who'da thunk it.
>>
>>37010000
What a waste of quints.
>>
>>37010229
Confirmed for never having met a pt or pre-secondary teacher.
>>
>>37010412
All the NEETs describe themselves as "entrepreneurs"
>>
>>37010938
Thank you for censoring your nipples, I was almost triggered.
>>
>>37009711
i put all of this list on tider

thanks bros gonna get sum pussy
>>
I do cataloging/archiving/exhibitions for an art gallery. It isn't very /fit/ as I am mostly at a desk all day, but I do lift artwork now and then.

The hours are long but I am able to go to the gym before work four times a week.

Also the pay is amazing for the arts industry.
>>
>>37014850
I censored my name tag and MAJCOM badge
>>
>>37009711
Personal Trainer. So, yeah.
>>
>>37009711
Interior crocodile alligator
I drive a chevrolet movie theater
>>
>>37009711

somehow i question the methodology of this study

did they correct for the number of these people in the overall tinder population? maybe pilots are just a bunch of sleaze bags who literally fuck a different fat girl in every town
>>
File: 1383247371314.gif (174 KB, 299x240) Image search: [Google]
1383247371314.gif
174 KB, 299x240
>>37015038
why am I laughing so hard?
>>
>>37011692
You sound like you're intimidated by an intelligent woman
>>
>>37015142
Here you go anonbro
https://youtu.be/kqaQAhLJF2k
>>
>>37009803
Do not do this for money. It's a great job, but working nights and the pay does suck after some years. Super exciting in the beginning and then you start periods of boredom, wishing some interesting accident will happen when you're on shift. Fit as fuck you can forget about that. If you do this right you won't break a sweat more than once a month. Half my colleagues are not what you would call fit. Good luck!
>>
>>37009711

I get a lot of matches, I'm an author. Even so it doesn't get me laid all that much, maybe once a week.
>>
>>37015427

>once a week

>not that much
>>
>/fit/ taking statistics from what tinder thinks is cool to be.

Sometimes i feel the world becoming cuck before me, feelssadfam.
>>
>>37009711
Im a pilot, I go no pussy, this is bullshit

>Maybe its just me thats a faggot
>>
>>37010938
how would I get into this?
i don't have a degree and i'm thinking about going in the military
>>
>>37013409
Wow look at this retard who can't talk right
>>
Welder here.

Don't think I've ever had a grill legitimately ask me about what I do.

They don't really talk to me at all come to think of it.

Prolly cuz I'm fat, kek
>>
>>37015592

Most girls probably don't realize how much welders make. If you lost weight some of them at least would bite.
>>
>>37015495
There are a few routes. If you're still in high school, you could go to a service academy or go ROTC and get a pilot slot. I went to the Air Force Academy. Or, after college, you could go in through AF Officer Training School. If you go that route, I'd definitely recommend a STEM degree, even consider a masters to be more competitive. Fuzzy degrees are not competitive at all right now.
>>
>>37015607

Working on it thanks to /fit/.

300 down to 223 and still going stronk. Being fat really made me bitter to women though, so I imagine there's still a lot of work to do after the weight is gone.
>>
>>37015628
i'm still in highschool (senior) so that's helpful
thanks
>>
>>37015631

Good job. Yeah a large part of them are cunts but even where you are now you can find a nice girl. If you're using Tinder though it's gonna take some time. The key is just to not get eager or expect anything out of them until she's proven herself. Something I've been learning myself of late kek.
>>
>>37015250
Sucks to be American.

Here in Canada I'll be making $36 an hour as a BLS medic. BLS medics have about 10 months of school here though.
>>
>>37009776
Mfw im a pilot
Never had to use tinder to hook up
>>
>>37011322
>>Dental Hygienist
>"I'm the girl that works at the desk for a dentist.
You do realize a dental hygienist and a receptionist are different right? Dental hygienists clean the teeth, administer x-rays, look for abnormalities to report to the dentist.
>>
was a med student. hated it so i dropped out.

now im starting an accounting masters program.

>tfw went from sexiest career to lamest career

oh well, at least i wont fantasize about killing myself every time i step into the classroom. :^)
>>
>>37015587

>I had a problem
>I put the work in to fix it
>I got results

Do you make fun of fat people at the gym too?
>>
Current medfag. Can't wait to be a doctor. I haven't gotten any action since starting this shit because I am so goddamn busy. In a few months I am gonna be in the hospital and hopefully I can start smashing nurses/PT/OT/Pharmacy 7.5/10s. That is the only thing keeping me going.
>>
>>37014732
until you try to big-dick a parent who's a veteran of the regular military and you get your shit pushed in
>>
>>37015718
do you really fuck all the stewardesses?
this was like urban myth back in the 70s or whenever the golden age of air travel
>>
>>37015592
lel chef here
girls sort of light up when they hear i can cook, but in the end none of them really care
ive even had some guys think that being a chef "gets the ladies". its quite the opposite in my experience
>>
>>37009711
Police in a major city. Have to be fit if I want to remain effective at my profession
>>
File: 1460773841591.jpg (3 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1460773841591.jpg
3 KB, 236x236
I WISH I HAD A FUCKIN TITLE BUT IM JUST A SECURITY GUARD THATS GETTING OLDER BY THE DAY REEE NO REEEEEEEE I HAD DREAMS AND ASPIRATIONS FOR GREATNESS REEEEEE
>>
>tfw programmer
>>
>>37009711
Got my emt and fire tech quals, trying to become a firefighter. Don't really care how silly it seems to these fags kicking back with plush 6 figure jobs, it's what I wanna do.
>>
>>37016920
Who's stopping you?
>>
>>37016568
Man you military fags are all alike talking about being so fucking tough and shit. It's pretty pathetic.
>>
>>37009803

Where are you? Don't fall for the meme. Overtime is great, but EMS is shit unless you climb to the top. It was a 10 year road for me, but literally I was 5 years in and $50,000 USD in debt between Paramedic school and my bachelors degree in EMS, working for $10 bucks an hour in a crime and poverty ridden shit hole to build up a resume, prior to landing a half decent job.

From there I moved on and am now finally making decent wages (with some mandatory deployments in the field and some overtime, I pulled 6 figures last year) as a Firefighter/Paramedic.

It hasn't been easy though and I am seriously one in a million when you consider how many people start and bail along the way. I know currently in my state the testing networks and state academy have stated that for each career Firefighter/Paramedic spot there are 4,000 applicants. That is, folks who are already qualified and have been involved in the field of EMS and maybe even fire to some degree. That isn't entry level stuff.

Good luck buddy.
>>
>>37009810
it's most likely grouped under "engineer" on this list.
>>
>>37010938
Dr anon im pilot
>>
>>37010938

pilots are manlets tho
>>
>>37015654
I'm in DEP for the AF and you have a little over a 1% chance of becoming an AF pilot, hate to shatter your dreams

Go for it, but have a backup plan
>>
>>37017580
I'm 6'1"
>>
>>37009776
>Pilots have miserable existences
My dad is a pilot about to retire. Pulls in over 200k a year. A bonus point with his career is he got to get the fuck away from his wife and kids a few days every week and have peace and tranquility.
>>
>>37015688
thats like 10 american dollars an hour
your money is worthless canada
>>
>mfw biochemistry major
I'll probably just get a job in the beer industry. I don't even drink
>>
>>37011034
I hear the nurse to physicians assistant train isn't bad if you don't want to go full md.
>>
i don't really do professions?

it'd be cool to keep making music and except get paid for it i guess
>>
>>37009711
Gonna take up hydro welding in trade school next year
>>
>>37017833
Get a job hippy.
>>
>>37017697
Except I use my Canadian money in Canada. Doesn't matter what the exchange rate is.

Being a paramedic is a real job here in Canada. Same with fire and police. They're all 100k plus potential. And that's before supervisory roles. Easy upper middle class, even if the exchange rate sucks.
>>
>>37010406
Civil engineer here and yes it's boring as fuck most of the time, just double checking your work when someone jn the field comes to a problem.
>>37010417
I'm only 2 years into the field and I'm almost pulling in 6 figures.
>>
>>37010938
At least you don't have to wear that faggot camo the other branches wear.
>>
File: 1460920575950.png (12 KB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
1460920575950.png
12 KB, 246x200
>>37009711
>tfw no React / AngularJS developer on the list

FUCKING NORMIES THEY PROBABLY STILL USE PHP AND JAVA REEEEEE
>>
>>37017893

i have a job, part-time. pays enough for me to live, lift, and enjoy a few nights out. all i need really.
>>
>Nurse

Working long days/nights is going to fuck with my routine but my dad was a nurse and he stayed shredded so it's possible.
>>
Computer Engineering.
Other than the fact that staying fit keeps my brain operating at optimal levels, no connection.
Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.