[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
Old ones are geriatric.
Easiest way to achieve otter mode? Swim 4x a week. Use pull up bar 3x a week. Eat at a deficit 7 days a week. Sufficient lads and ladettes?
>>
>>36995044
Is being a lifeguard a respectable career choice?
>>
>>36995123
Summer job maybe, career no.
>>
>>36995044
There are levels to ottermode. Your routine is sufficient for lower-level ottermode if you're going fairly hard on the swimming/pullup bar(you will want to work other calisthenics like push-ups, ab work, and some HIIT for a little legs).
If you're looking for something closer to ascended ottermode(eg. Tyler Durden) it isn't sufficient.
Either way no matter where you are you should have started months ago if this is for the summer.
>>
>>36995197
What would be an example of lower level otter mode? More like next summer
>>
File: DSCF0261.jpg (15 KB, 325x358) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0261.jpg
15 KB, 325x358
>>36995211
This is pretty much it. And if you're going for next summer you may as well aim for something between mid and ascended ottermode. The moment you get pic related or summer ends start lean bulking with a real weight training program and you'll be pretty aesthetic by next summer, although not big
>>
>>36995123
At a beach yes, in a local community pool no, unless it's temporary.
>>
>>36995253
Sweet. What if I just add OHP, goblet squats, hanging leg raises and make my chin ups weighted for the bulk part. What do you think? I could do all this from home and just go leisure centre to swim
>>
>>36995300
Beach tends to just be seasonal stuff though.. why not for pool?
>>
>>36995303
I mean it's an improvement but it's still not ideal for lithe aesthetics. If you can't afford a gym membership do all that and work in some tricep exercises, like wear a backpack with some weight in it for pushups with lower rep ranges.
>>
Are there any pros/cons of taking steroid asthma drugs in case of lifting and bodybuilding in general?
>>
>>36995841
They are a completely different steroids, corticosteroids rather than anabolic steroids. They won't enhance/reduce your gains at all.
>>
What are effective at home exercises to treat lordosis? I developed what I believe to be lordosis from hunching over playing vidya a lot as a kid.
>>
Looking into a PH stack..buddy of mine recommended Trifecta by LG Sciences, I can still find it for sale however it seems to be an older product. Anyone recommend something similar on the market now? Or could help me build a stack?
>>
What's harder, pullups or lat pulldowns with your bodyweight?
>>
Will taking MDMA or LSD affect my gains?
>>
>>36995044
Can a half blonde half redhead get a tan? I don't want to be pale skelly anymore and my skin isn't as bad as full on gingers. Tips, if so?
>>
Can you have a small waist if you have wide hips?
I feel like my hips are wide but I get told I have a nice shoulder to waist ratio. sorry if this is a stupid question
>>
>>36996890

You will dance all night and consume at a huge caloric deficit. so yeah.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 291x343
I've been seeing a girl recently but she told me she doesn't want a relationship. Last night she came over. Idk. Things went really well. We chilled, watched movies, cuddled, then I walked her to her car outside, tried to kiss her, and then referenced the text where she said she isn't looking for anything. So apparently since she isn't looking for a relationship, that means she can't kiss me.

What's her deal?
>>
Anyone here practice martial art? Want to get intomuay thai but kind of scared of injuries. Its probably hard to get seriously injured in a controlled environment right like that right?
>>
Is 100ug lsd a lot or no?
>>
>>36997069
Was in a similar situation about a year ago. She didn't mind kissing in public but she wanted an open relationship and I really didn't. In retrospect I wish I'd just sacked her off because if you want different things someone's always gonna end up hurt. I still haven't completely gotten over it desu

Be grown up about it. Tell her you are looking for something more serious and that if she can't commit to that that you should probably stop seeing each other. Sucks if you genuinely like her but there's not much else you can do. Just a shitty situation bruh
>>
I want to get into ottermode too. R8 my routine m8s

A
Turkish getups 3x8
Squats 1x5
OHP 3x5
Weighted Pull ups 3x5

B
Turkish get ups 3x8
RDL 1x5
Weighted decline pushups / or dips depending on the week
3x10 or dips 3x5
Rows 3x5
>>
>>36995166

Getting into rescue and lifesaving leadership and management can be a great career. Imagine spending most of your time up to retirement just driving around an ATV up and down the beach all summer. All the benefits of lifeguarding without sitting in the stands all day watching for tourists caught in rips. Endless seas of MILF pussy. Get paid full salary and have your own landscape business in the offseason for gravy, which provides even more stay at home MILF pussy all winter.
>>
>>36997069
walk away. give her a few months. DO NOT FUCKING FALL INTO THE ONITIS TRAP.

walk away, find someone else, THEN maybe text her in a few months and see if anything has changed.

but if you pursue while she's in this state of mind will lead to you becoming a beta-orbiter, and that never works out in the end.
>>
>drink pre-workout shake
>my nose, ears and hands start to itch like crazy
What is this? Did I drink too much of it? Is it unhealthy? Is it good and I should start working out as soon as it starts?
>>
>>36998000
It's just the beta-alanine causing vasodilation, you have more nerves in those body parts so you feel the effect more. Yes you should start working out as soon as you feel it.
>>
I just started lifting and pretty much limit myself to dumbbells. How do I make sure not to hurt my wrists? It feels like anything more than 10kg seems to hurt my wrists. Is my form horrible?
>>
>>36998223
What exercises do your wrists hurt on?
>>
>>36998338
Like ordinary bizep curls.
>>
What does the consensus think about GOMAD for skinnyfats?
>>
>>36998351
I'd say to check your form and switch to an E-Z curl bar for curls. But if the pain is really bad i'd see a doctor about it
>>
What should my grip width be for pullups? I'm doing weighted ones with +10lbs but I haven't made any progress and I barely feel lat activation. But I can't heavier without cheating during the movement.
>>
File: 1280x1280.jpg (269 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1280x1280.jpg
269 KB, 1280x1280
>>36997112

no

100ug is "One hit"

It is a good amount for a first time. You will definitely feel it but it isn't that intense. Just remember set and setting.
>>
>>36998359
if the word "fat" is in your body type, you should maybe not drink a gallon of whole milk every day
>>
Are front squats after dead lift okay to do?
>>
>>36998624

Why not just do them in the other order?

Deadlifts typical wear you out.
>>
Do you guys also feel euphoric when having a good time with a girl but real fucking shit and insecure when things don't go the way you expected?
>>
How trustworthy are the novice/intermediate/proficient etc level ratings on symmetric strength?

When I get to intermediate on all the big 4 is it time to move off stronglifts?
>>
12 sets, 4 exercises, 8-10reps each for chest.
Ok?
Also during this day, I do
10 sets 3 exercises 8-10 reps for triceps and
10 sets 3 exercises 8-10 reps shoulders.
Is this too demanding?

Should I split up my days?
I'm currently doing
Back/Biceps/Traps
Chest/Triceps/Shoulder
Legs
>>
My right lat is bigger then my left.
The only thing I did for lats were chin ups,and recently started doing pull downs.
Is it just because my right side is dominant?
Maybe I'm just not able to flex my left side as much as I can flex my right side?

If that's not the case,how to even them out?
>>
>>36996978
Pls respond
>>
>>36998771
Should I just move my shoulders so I can do
Backs/Biceps/Traps
Chest/Triceps
Legs/Shoulders? I don't do a lot of legs, I do about 10-12 sets anyways
>>
>>36997027
Yes. In women, waist to hip ratio is one of the most important features that create attraction. Supposedly, if you believe the evolutionary biology, a women with a nice WtH ratio is more likely to be fertile, so instinctually men find it desirable.
In men, however, it is considered feminine, and aesthetically displeasing; instead it is better to either have either a blocky torso ("bear mode"), or a V-taper in which both the waist and hips are of similar width, but both significantly narrower than the chest and back.
>>
I'm rarely able to take a productive shit. Would going vegan help me in that area?
>>
>>36996978
I'm assuming you're strawberry blonde, like me. My hair is blondish-red, and I'm pretty pale but not gingery (almost no freckles). If we are similar, the answer is pretty much no. You can go from white to a slightly browner shade of white (so better than gingers), but I've never been able to get actually tan.
You can spray tan if you want, but you gotta go realllll light or it'll look retarded. Honestly, I'd recommend just owning it; I used to be more self-conscious about being pale but I just don't give a shit anymore. It's actually a plus with latin girls and asian girls, so I own it.
>>
Is there anything I can do about elbow pain when I'm doing tri pushdowns? It also pops sometimes when I'm doing cable curls
>>
Is it normal for my biceps/triceps to be flat or do I just have big shoulders?
When I run my hand down from top of shoulder to arms, its like a big slope that goes up, then down to a flat field.
>>
>>36997069
Just tell her you aint bout dat life and give her an ultimatatum; either she fucks wid u or u leavin. Simple as dat familia play no games don't let her fuck wid yo head like dat. Be prepared to walk away doe if she really is a hoe and only wants you as a puppet or some shit my nig gl cuh
>>
Anybody have the Agile 8 and/or the Limber 11 infographic?
>>
>>36999116
Post pic

>>36999085
Warm up better
Use better form, post form check
Switch to free weights

>>36999030
Do you even fibre?
Tons of vegetables, oats, nuts

>>36998874
Keep exercising evenly
Don't favour a side, ever

>>36998668
They're just a general shot and tend to be generous

You should know this. When linear progress is no longer achievable. I swear, this is like the #1 or 2 indicator (with proper technique on lifts) of someone being a total fucktard about lifting

>>36998665
I always feel euphoric, for I am enlightened by my own intelligence

>>36998624
Yes
But I prefer front squats before deadlifts

>>36998555
Natural, ~neutral shoulder width or a little wider

>>36998359
GOMAD is for people who have trouble eating enough (or for people who perceive themselves as not being able to put on weight with the former being true anyways)

If you are skinnyfat, you shouldn't need it

>>36998223
Keep your wrists straight, don't be twisting them and shit during the exercise, which is very easy to fuck up when doing curls

Do you even lift? Do you cheat the curls at all? Sets/reps? 10 kg DBs may be heavy for a beginner, especially after your focus should already be poured into presses/pulls that already utilized the biceps

>>36997069
Fuck or forget
Don't be 'friends' with her if you are clearly interested and she isn't

>>36996684
Every machine has different efficiency and real vs listed weight
That being said, I was able to do a few pullups before I could strictly pull down my own weight

I don't see the point of asking this

>>36995899
Stretch and exercise the correct way to fix
The key is understanding what causes it
exrx.net/Kinesiology/Posture.html

>>36995044
Do the pull ups at least every other day
Can probably swim more often too but I know nothing about swim training

Anyways, would lift/10
>>
>>36999252
Just google them nigga wtf
I literally base my own little stretching routine and warmup off of DeFranco's guidelines and I've never even seen what you're asking for
Skimming a webpage is not any harder than looking at a picture, you could probably even find a fucking video on it
>>
Just hit my 4/3/2/1 on the Texas Method. What's the best routine for aesthetics (aka big chest and big arms)?
>>
>>36999449
Getting to that level should probably come before doing TM, some can get to this leve loff of just SS. Immediately makes me question everything else about you, but oh well.

Pick whatever the fuck you want man. PPL is popular
>>
Would I benefit more from a full body routine rather than a split?
I've been working out for about 2 months now, previous 2 years I'd work on and off for months.
>>
>>36999432
Thanks anon! I'll keep that in mind
>>
>>36999448
I know but I'm extremely forgetful and something I could print to have up in my gym would be nice. I guess I could just stop.being lazy and do it myself t.b.h.
>>
Anyone know a cure for excessive stomach noises and gas? Especially noisy, bloated, and crampy from holding in farts after a long day at work/uni. By the end of the day it's actually painful, I look 10 lbs fatter, and it's hard to move due to bloating. I eat pretty healthy, nothing super weird, not excessive quantities. I tried no dairy for a while and that did nothing, tried no grain and that did nothing. The noises are so loud and constant that other people comment on them. Sitting for long periods makes it worse, but it's hard to avoid that with an entire day of lecture or deskwork.
>>
>>36999492
Kept stalling on SS. Broke through on TM. Fuck me.
>>
does someone know why switzerland is IP range b& from /v/ ?

I feel quite insulted by that.
>>
>>36999537

Yes. Most beginner routines feature compound movements to take advantage of a newbe lifters natural ability to grow fast.

So full body 3-4 times a week is great.
>>
I have chronic bronchitis. How am I suppose to bulk? The most calorie dense food I can eat without worsened symptoms is pasta.
>>
>>36999647
Immodium. 1/2 tab a day. It's been approved by the FDA for long term use if that means anything.
>>
>>36999659
Same here. I already know my main problem is not sleeping enough. Crossed over to 5/3/1 and been making gains since.
>>
>>36999537
Yes
Frequency with proper rest = More gains

>>36999659
Then why not carry on with TM? You're allowed to add accessories

>>36999860
Ask your doctor
Eat more of what you can eat
>>
File: C-401.55180619.jpg (24 KB, 495x385) Image search: [Google]
C-401.55180619.jpg
24 KB, 495x385
When I'm putting weight on a leg press at the gym (my gym has one very similar to the one picture) does the weight placement actually matter? Am I going to feel a difference more in my quads or calves say if I load all the plates on the bottom instead of the top? When I try googling this, all I can find is foot placement and nothing about where the weights go.
>>
>>36999919

Will that cause constipation? I know someone who takes it to stop himself up when he's traveling (shit-shy.) Thanks though, I'll look into it.
>>
>>36999961
>Then why not carry on with TM? You're allowed to add accessories
Good idea. Any recommendations for chest/arms? I'd like to look as big as I lift.
>>
File: 1460407274150.png (222 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460407274150.png
222 KB, 1920x1080
Can I do 3x8 on SL 5x5 instead of 5x5?
>>
I run a lot and I'm wondering if I can quit doing leg press. It's hella uncomfortable and I don't want fuckoffhueg quads. here's my routine

>Monday
bench
OHP
rows
dips
arm curls
>Tuesday
running (2 miles, gonna start sprint training)
>Wednesday
squat
leg press
pullups
rows
arm curls
>Thursday
running (same as Tuesday)
>Friday
deadlifts
rows
dips
pullups
arm curls
>Saturdays
running for distance (4 to 6 miles)
>>
>>36999432
lordosis anon here. I also have a bit of forward head caused by my slouching posture. Will sitting and walking with proper posture be enough?
>>
Anyone here cut on 1000 cal deficit, just wondering what it was like for you?

My maintenance is about 2500, so I'm cutting at 1000-1500 depending on how I feel. I've already decided so no 300 deficit!!! pls. (Only for a month)
>>
Guys what do you do on your rest days? I'm always hyped as fuck to hit the gym but rest days are necessary.
Can I just do cardio or jog on rest days?
>>
Is 1/2/3/4 considered making it by normie standards?
>>
>>37000902
No, big biceps and visible abs is making it for normie standards.
>>
What have I done to my elbow? It was between curls, bench, and skullcrushers.

When I rotate my wrist it clicks and has a little pain, when I fully extend or curl my arm (no weight) it hurts a bit. If I compress hold at the joint with my hand it doesn't do click or hurt.
>>
>>37000807
Absolutely, you can do cardio on rest days. Go for a run, do a routine of arms or abs. If your body can handle it do it.
>>
SL accessories?

Currently adding onto A (squats, bench, row):
Incline bench db press, cable flies, tricep kickback, bench dips
And onto B (squats, ohp, diddlys):
Lateral raise, facepulls, lat pulldown, concentration curls

Is that too much/too little volume? Should I replace any with other exercises?
>>
What are some good protein heavy snack foods?
>>
>>37001209
Almonds. Beef Jerky.
>>
I started somewhat-serious weightlifting in January. I'm up to 2pl8 squats and deads, but yet it almost feels like I'm struggling with 1pl8 bench. My best so far has been 140lbs I think? And I couldn't even finish, I dropped the weight back down to my average, 120lbs, and I was still having difficulties. What am I doing wrong, /fit/? Did I plateau?

How do I get over my fear of overhead presses? I can do the seated ones okay, but the standing ones scare me a lot. I don't wanna fucking die from this shit.
>>
>>37001635
Just stick to seated ones if you fear the standing overhead presses...
>>
>>37001662
I've done them two times in my entire life, and while I said I can do them okay, I was still scared out of my mind. I don't want to imply that they're part of my routine. I've intentionally skipped them for this long because of this fear. How much longer would it take to make bar=level-progress on a machine? I just wanna hit my 1/2/3/4 but I'm struggling bad..
>>
How do I get these t-rex arms to go away faster? I have a scheduled class and workout tomorrow.
>>
>>37000424
yeah you shouldn't be doing leg presses anyway. your legs will be going through enough if you're both squating and sprinting.

>>37000642
this one works well for me.
https://youtu.be/LT_dFRnmdGs?

>>37001079
i've done shit like that before too. just stop doing lifts that aggrevate it. or just stop lifting in general. a week or 2 of stagnation isn't worth a lifetime of discomfort just because of a small injury.

and if anyone can answer my question that'd be cool too. why are plate 45lb instead of 50lb? it would make so much more sense trying to quickly calculate how much weight you're lifting when you don't have to worry about carrying over a 5. just seems like an arbitrary number to me.
>>
bout to start sheiko #29, but am wondering what weight should I use for good mornings/ dumbbell flies/etc?
Most of the big lifts say "50% 1rm" etc, but what do I do for the ones that don't?

Pls respond
>>
File: abs.jpg (65 KB, 550x529) Image search: [Google]
abs.jpg
65 KB, 550x529
Best exercises for obliques?

Doing 2pl8 deadlift helped with abs and upper back. Also pullups (3x6 for now) and weighted dips (3x8 with 25lbs). My obliques are pretty much non-existent.
>>
How many sets is it good to warm up with? I usually go 1x5 @ 70%, 80%, 90% then new weight with little time in between, but giving myself about 2 minutes rest during actual new PR sets.
>>
>>37001890
Simplicity, 45lbs is approximately 20kg.
>>
When my weight goes up, do I have to eat more?

I've been bulking for a while and I think I've gained enough weight to worry about this.
>>
>>37002014
you need high reps and low weight for warming up.

1x5 isn't enough, do at least 1x10 with 50% or less weight.

>>37001972
hanging leg raises with straight legs for obliques.
>>
>>37002105
Thanks anon! I'll give that a try on Tuesday (next lift day).
>>
File: 4chin.jpg (127 KB, 625x922) Image search: [Google]
4chin.jpg
127 KB, 625x922
How long would it take to typically get this?
>>
>>37001890
Thanks for the reply.

Would taking two weeks off lifting to do just cardio be safe? I'm doing lifts on a cut to avoid losing muscle mass, would I lose more by not lifting for a couple weeks than if I hadn't stopped?
>>
>>36995044
I accidentally went way overboard with sodium today (1800mg, roomate had pizza and I can't fucking resist)
Is there any way I can tyr and make up for this?
>>
>>37002105
>hanging leg raises with straight legs for obliques.
Thank you. Here's some nature, hope you like it
>>
>>37002162
depends where u are now negro
>>
>put in excessive work at gym
>thread still open
OK

>>37000096
No, the 'sled' part only moves in 1 direction and can only exert force in that one direction, so it won't matter

>>37000273
Depends on the rest of your template
I suggest reading Practical Programming and Lascek's TM book

As for exercises, preference and the obvious (i.e. flies/incline/DB work, lying tricep extensions/skullcrushers/close grip bench/french press, curls, etc). Can also serve the purpose of helping with sticking points/weaknesses

>>37000341
You can do whatever the fuck you want mayne
But strength gains will come faster and longer with sets of 5. With big lifts like squats and deads, there will be muhc more form breakdown with higher rep sets.

Firstly, you should alreayd know the SL advises you to taper down to 3x5 after 5x5 stalls.
That being said, You can start with 3x8 or whatever and just taper down from there to 4x6 or 5x5 or 3x5 or whatever you want once you run into difficulties. This is a valid method for progression (progressing reps before and with weight)

Personally though, if I was training someone form scratch, I would just have them stick to the 5 reps and try and get strong fast

>>37000424
You don't really need to do much legs past squats and deads to build big, balanced legs.

Your routine is kind of all over the place though. I don't think you should be making your own routine, rather stick to a proven one.

>>37000642
Forward head is probably the trickiest one to deal with
Forcing posture always helps. But the video anon linked to you is very good as well. Doing neck retraction stretch can be beneficial as well (tucking your chin a bit and literally just bringing your head back, as a stretch)

>>37000749
There is not enough good research on the subject, but it can be manageable for some time, not for long term. And you can pretty much forget about any gains.
1000 is probably too low though for any man

Just remember, it's not a race.
>>
>>37002219
you won't lose any muscle mass if you don't lift for 2 weeks, your body will actually keep building muscle for a long time. even on a cut as long as you have fat your body won't eat up muscle if it needs to repair it.

>>37002162
1 year from skelly with proper diet and exercise.

>>37002241
drink a lot of water, take a cold shower to instill discipline you weak willed faggot.

>>37002103
you think you need to progressively eat more the fatter you get? read the sticky again ya dingus. cut down on your calorie intake if you're gaining too much fat. or lift more.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
Long time runner, started lifting last year
>>
Has anyone else found that using a shorter bar makes OHP a little easier? I have a 5 foot long bar at home, and I seem to be about 10lbs stronger with that bar than when I use the 6 foot long bar at the gym I go to. And yes, I'm accounting for the fact that the bar weighs less.
>>
>>37000807
I like to foam roll and stretch on rest days, sometimes cardio.
>>37001195
>do a routine of arms or abs
Not a good idea. Exercises should be kept on exercise days and your routine should ahve them frequent enough to have no benefit to doing them on rest days

>>37001202
I think you've gone a little overboard on A. Your order of exercises if all fucked up too. Also, I think bench dips are a shitty exercise. How about:

A
Squat
Bench
Row
Dips OR a chest accessory and tricep accessory
Curls

B
Squat
Press
Dead
Chinups/Pulldown
Lateral raises
Face pulls

For triceps, dips could be a good enough addition alone. If you go the other route, stick to lying tricep extensions or skullcrushers or french press or just cable extensions.
You could also add calf raises and ONE non-taxing ab accessory wherever you see fit.

>>37001635
You shouldn't even be able to let go of an OHP and have it crash down. Learn how to do it properly. Squeeze them glutes and tense that core, grip the bar as tight as you can ALWAYS

Also, if your squat is as high as your dead, you're not squatting with proper depth.

This basically just sounds like a technique nightmare everywhere. Learn how to do it right. Knowledge is the best tool a beginner can bring with them to the gym.

>>37001882
The fuck?

>>37001916
Post lifts
Medium intensity. Use a challenging weight that won't fuck your shit up (as with any exercise)

>>37001972
exrx.net/Lists/ExList/WaistWt.html#Obliques
You don't need to worry about specific muscles if you can't even deadlift 140kg, and 140 is not even a good deadlift

>>37002103
As your weight increases, so does your TDEE. Not drastically, but it does. This should be obvious

>>37002241
Drink water
Continue living
I ate a whole large yesterday too, still alive and got a squat PR today
>>
Dropped like 30 pounds over the span of a few months down to 220 just counting calories, still obese as fuck though.

My question is should I start going to the gym now while I've got a ton of weight to lose or hold off until I'm a more healthy weight? I only ask because some people in another thread said to hold off until you're somewhat healthy.

Also, free annual membership to Planet Fatness or $35 a month out of pocket for a real lifting gym?
>>
>>37002425
Good question. Awesome pics. Great size. Looking thick, solid, tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

>>37002483
It probably weighs different than you thinkor something else going on. Maybe you're just shit at pressing.
Longer bars should make it easier to balance

Also
>6 foot long bar
>at the gym
Shit gym and/or not a real barbell
>>
>>37002518
I don't see why you shouldn't go to a gym if you're 220. Also, real gym.
>>
>>37002526
>>37002518

Oh forgot to say height if that makes a difference, 5'9ish

I know 220 at like 6'3 is nowhere near as bad
>>
>>37002278
hnnnnnnng
>>
>>37002521
>It probably weighs different than you thinkor something else going on.
Could be that the plates weigh less than their labels say. Pretty sure the box said the bar weighs 15lbs and is 5 feet long, and I doubt it weights 5 lbs. I've never actually weighed any of it. Also the bar is thinner than the ones at the gym, and I am pretty shit at pressing.

>6 foot long bar
Though I remembered hearing that a regular barbell was 6 feet, but I never measured the ones at the gym so I guess I'm very likely wrong.
>>
>>37002518
220 (lbs) is not morbidly obese. You can start lifting. Take time to figure out what the hell you're doing in the meantime

If you want to actually lift, go to a real gym
>>
My cousin wants to start cheating, I'm telling him to just stick to creatine and caffeine but he's not satisfied.

What can I suggest to him that's more than creatine and caffeine but not steroids? If there's no such thing what's in between creatine and tren?
>>
>>37002580
Tell him to eat clen and tren hard
>>
I have seen places suggest that I warm up before lifting by doing sets of light weights, how bad is it if I don't warm up like this? What if I do 20-30 minutes of cardio instead before? Should I do any cool down exercise?

Is it necessary to eat enough protein on rest days as well as gym days? It's hard getting enough protein while still trying to maintain a deficit. I'm 220 lbs (mostly fat), I was aiming for 150g per day.
>>
File: SI_20160501_195715.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
SI_20160501_195715.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1920
Hey guys, I've been cutting for about 2000kcal for about two weeks now. I was wondering if this is not enough or, is if too little. I'm 5'11" 160lbs currently. I train about 8hrs a week. Here is my progress over 1 year and 4 months.
>>
Realistically speaking what are the cons of eating at a deficit but still eating some unhealthy shit every 2 or 3 days? today I ate 1200 Cal's of chicken, veggies, and egg whites. but also 3 snicker bars for a total of 1900 cals, my tdee is around 2500 and my cut is anywhere from 1700 to 2000
>>
>>37002578
Will do then. Also free gym sounds appealing but at the same time I know I wouldn't really build muscle there in addition to weight loss so yeah real gym does sound better. Probably going to start with SS for a few months then
>>
I am trying to give up sugar (mainly Pepsi and other sodas). Can I get away with still enjoying pasta? People tell me there is sugar in that.
>>
Help mates, been lifting for about 10 months. Went from 145-173 lbs.. i'm 6'2 and im still a stickly skeleton. WTF. Wish I was a manlet so I looked like I lift.

What am i doing wrong fit.
>>
>>37002490
>The fuck?
t-rex arms is a euphemism for DOMS and reduced range of motion that come from arm exercises especially biceps.
>>
>>37002615
Is your goal to lose weight? If so, then you'll know if it's enough if you're losing about 1lb each week.
+/-500 cals is just a rule of thumb. Take some time to see if you're progressing like you want to be, and if not, adjust it until you are.
>>37002619
You're not giving your body what it needs to optimally burn fat/build muscle so if you're trying to lose weight you'll still get smaller but you'll just end up small and flabby.
>>
Doing no fap. Got to 5 days and blew a huge load into my girlfriends mouth.
But for the past few days iv had this feeling in my prostate that iv sat on a golf ball or something and I tried getting hard after but it started to hurt when I got closer to orgasming.
Is this normal when someone's has been fapping twice a day for a year?

Also will it start to hurt less? I'm aiming to keep going on no fap
>>
In a full body workout like Starting Strength, or Stronglifts, or Fierce five, what happens if you don't increase the weights as much? Would you still be able to gain mass/strength?
>>
>>37002973
Probably, but not as much. Depends on how long you're going without increasing the weights. Gonna be pretty easy eventually if you never increase the weight.
>>
>if you lift too much weight while under 20 you will decrease in size

Is this meme real?
>>
>>37003105
no
>>
>>37003105
>under 20
sounds like a thinly veiled attempt to mask that you're underage
>>
>>36995123

If you're in schooling or training, it's one of those good options. Especially on a cut to show off your body.

Is plumbing respectable?
What's the most respectable trade like that?
Construction, electric wiring, welding?

I can get the training for free in a few trades, which sounds like a great idea before going to college for nursing. I don't want to be in too much debt, and it's a really nice deal to get some better work and skills that I'll have for a lifetime. The question is, which one?

Welding would pay the best after a year of training over here, then it's plumbing.
I've heard bad things about welding and lung health, and with shit asthmatic lungs, I don't know if that would work well for me, though it does seem to be pretty cool.
>>
File: brain_candy.jpg (28 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
brain_candy.jpg
28 KB, 600x338
Do yous guys eat more protein on the days that you workout?
>>
>>37002607
Read the fucking sticky

>warm up before lifting by doing sets of light weights
This is absolutely necessary if you ever lift heavy
Can't jump straight into a 400 lb squat without using lighter weights first
You can get away with it if you're weak as fuck or doing a smaller lift while already warm, but can't get away with it forever

30 minutes of cardio is too much before lifting weights. Don't drain your energy before lifting. Just warmup, cardio after

Keep your diet consistent. Rest days exist for a reason, you are still recovering
150g isn't even that much, 400 calories. You are eating way more than that faggot

Read the fucking sticky

>>37002619
IIFYM
Although obviously not ideal

>>37002615
TDEE

>>37002706
There''s sugar in almost everything, anon. Just do the best you can. Dropping soda is already a shitload of sugar

>>37002764
Eat more and lift properly
Your lifts better be good after 1 year already

>>37002949
Nofap is retarded

>>37002973
Pretty much the whole point of beginner routines is linear progression, adding weight. Pretty much the whole point of lifting in general.

Why don't you want to progress?
>>
>>37003329
I'm doing no fap because iv spent years jacking off so it's not easy to get off with an actual person.
I'm not surprised you've never encounter that issue
>>
>>37003329
>>37002973

I'm doing this routine:
Workout A
Cable Squat 3x5 2-3min
Cable Bench 3x5 2-3min
Bent Over Cable Rows 3x8 2-3min
Reverse Flies 3x10 60sec
Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset
60 sec
Workout B
Cable Dead Lift 3x5 2-3min
Cable Overhead Press 3x5 2-3min
Leg Curl 3x8 60sec
Wide Grip Pullups 3x8 2-3min
Ab work 2x15/Bicep curls 2x10 Superset
60sec

Cables don't move in increments of 5. more like 10-15-20
was thinking if I could stay at a specific weight for 2 weeks, then move up.
New apartment only has a cable machine at their gym.
When I finish moving apartments and get settled in for a bit, i'll find a proper gym, then I'll follow the guide properly using free weights.
>>
My gf is insisting that 6 hours of sleep is enough and that when I'm with her 8 hours of sleep is selfish.

Am I taking crazy pills? Am I literally dating a gains goblin?
>>
>>37003441
If there's a 5lb plate anywhere you could just add that to the stack. But yeah, find a real gym.
>>
>>37003441
>only cables
What the fuck
Better than nothing, I suppose

You should do more than 5 reps.
And progress in reps before weight instead of doing the same amount of work each time

Also, strict rest times don't really matter

And if you're stuck with just cables, best look into other movements and maybe some calisthenics
Cable squat just sounds ridiculous

>>37003468
She wants you to survive, but with suboptimal gains
Sounds like a goblins to me
>>
>>37003558

I can't fucking stand her. She's smothering me and I can't get away.
>>
Monthly check-in with you guys. I'm down 15 pounds since February. I'm still a weakling who can't squat LMAO 2pl8, but at this rate I'll be rid of my gut by September.

You're all great folks, I made Shrimp Gumbo tonight for you all but unfortunately they won't let me ship any of you gumbo through the post.
>>
>>37003590
This is like a CBT post, not QTDDTOT
>>
>>37003610
I usually hang out in these threads, sorry. I feel more of a connection to you guys. No homo.
>>
>>37003621
Post asshole
>>
So I think I'm p much done with linear strength gains. My stats are:
190lb 6' ~18% bf
Squat 315lb
Bench 205lb
Deadlift 405lb
Barbell Row 205lb
Weighted Pull up 35lb

What's a good power/bodybuilding program to move on to?
>>
Can bodyweight squats give me a nice butt or is that just a meme?
What are good bodyweight exercises to make my butt nicer?
>>
>>37003673
Hip thrusts
Glute bridges
Single legged variations of the two aforementioned exercises
>>
>>36995044
Is it weird to eat a banana next to a person of African American descent in a locker room
>>
is fullbody AxBxAxx better than PPLxPPL or PPLPPLx for someone fairly new to lifting?
>>
>>37003673
yes it can.
my friend has been doing mostly body weight shit, lots of squats, pullups, pushups, on the daily.
he has the tightest ass ever, but it's not big.
it's like medium but really chiseled
>>37003718
1. KYS
2. theoretically everyone is a monkey you dumb shit
>>
>>37003673
>>37003765
I had a pretty big ass before I started going to the gym. A year of heavy deadlifts and squats made it slightly bigger. I think it has a lot to do with genetics even for men, and I don't believe bodyweight squats will give you a nice ass. Also, being "chiseled" is more about being lean than anything else, as long as you have a decent amount of muscle to begin with.
>>
>>37002949
That's not normal bro, go to a doctor.
>>
Currently following a full body workout
AxBxAxx

Would it be wrong to do
AxBxAxBx ?
Because I really want to workout my chest more, but benching is only on A.
Just stick to the routine?
That extra day off is killing me
>>
I hurt my outer left knee today while squatting. I still finished but didn't go ATG w my working sets. Advice? Will suck if can't lift heavy
>>
>>37004196
There's only one way to find out.
>>
How long does it take for a muscle to start athropying and when will completely athrophy?
>>
>>36995044
Whats a good, progressively overloadable tricep exercise that isn't dips or cgbp?
>>
>>37004926
>How long does it take for a muscle to start athropying

Two days

>when will completely athrophy

Death. Could be tomorrow or could be in 90 years.
>>
>>37002764
Eat more. Even more.
Are you doing fullbody with accessorizes? If not, do it.
>>
>>37002949
No clue.
Ask a doctor if you're man enough to talk about your cock with a man in a white coat.
>>37003105
No. Not even close to true.
Just don't get into super-duper heavy PL shit as a pre-teen, and you're golden.
>>
I need halp /fit/, see, recently I've been tired all the time, every night I wish to work out, I'm simply so sleepy, that I crash on my bed and practically die until next morning. I used to take caffeine pills to take me through the workouts (I'd still die on my bed after them, but at least I could workout) but as of recently, in this damned country, the only manufacturer of pure caffeine pills stopped making them. So I need to know how to stop being sleepy all the motherfriggin time. Also I workout at night because is the only time of the day I can do it.
Help plz?
>>
>>37002949
Medfag here. Sounds like prostatitis. Does it hurt on the base of your balls?
>>
>>37005114
Stop taking caffeine, maybe taper off to not withdraw
Sleep well
Eat well
Move/Work out in moderation

Find your normal. Caffeine is a drug and perhaps you are just fucking strung out from a socially acceptable shitty lifestyle.
>>
>>37005140
I have a shitty lifestile. I am a medical student on my last year. I do hospital watches which means no sleeping whatsoever every fourth night for a year. But still that's a lifestyle I am going to be having for the next years so I must learn to live with it. I try not to make that an excuse for not working out, although is becoming one.
>>
>>37005161
>>37004839
Any advice here? Thinking meniscus tear or lcl tear or maybe I'm a pussy?
>>
>>37005197
Are you having difficulties moving at all? Like your knee being wobbly? Or is it pain alone?
>>
>>37005114
Is coffee or tea cheap there?
Any chance of ordering online?
>>
>>37005197
If you could finish your workout, it is probably not a tear, still, tissue is most likely inflamed which means you should take a rest no matter the case. Pump some NSAID's like ibuprofen 400mg every 8 hours for 3 days and see if it is better. Also, bear in mind that without a physical examination and proper tests, this is at best a wild guess.
>>
>>37005220
Pain alone and really only when squatting.
>>
>>37005245
Yeah, coffee and tea are cheap, I mean, like average priced, like almost anywhere, I believe.
>>
>>37005197
Hard to say. I tore my ACL and meniscus. I didnt realize how bad it was and kept playing soccer. When I planted on that knee again, then I knew... fucking sucked but didnt get it repaired for a few months because it was only a problem when aggressively pivoting on it and I had shit to do. Its your call on getting it checked out, but if you keep having problems I would recommend it.
>>
>>37005248
Will do. Thanks for the info, was worried but less so now, will check at doc.

Is it bad form you think or improper warm up or maybe some cardio I did?
>>
>>37005250
>>37005248
If it was a tear (of any of the surrounding soft tissue) you would have a very hard time moving around, let alone finish a heavy squat workout. Do the nsaid thing and rest for at least 5 days. Don't push it. If you still have pain after that or any other symptom, go get checked by an orthopedist, you might need a CT scan of the knee to find the underlying cause.
>>
>>37005303
Most likely a slip up with form. When going heavy (whatever heavy means to you) getting distracted for just a second can cause a fuck up. I should know, I've been there.
>>
>>37005288
Thanks, will get it checked it out.
>>37005306
Ok so you recommend no physical activity at all then?
>>37005325
Makes sense
>>
>>37005342
Yup, take a rest dude. I wouldn't risk it. Just my humble opinion.
>>
>>37005436
I appreciate it. Will take this into consideration although it will be hard
>>
Does it make sense to do negatives if you can do 5-7 regular pullups? My goal is to reach 10 and then perhaps add weights. I've been stuck on 5-7 for quite a while now.
>>
File: 1425272386700.jpg (169 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
1425272386700.jpg
169 KB, 1224x1632
>>36995044
I won't have a incline bench for the next few months, are there any good upper pec exercises that don't use a incline bench?
>>
>>37004196

I did AxBxAxBxAd-Infinitum for a long while. It is a very good way to make progress. It also allows you to be flexible with your schedule since sometimes you can work out on mondays or tuesdays and you can plan your training around stuff, rather than planning stuff around your training.
>>
>>37003306

I work out 6 days a week, so not really appliceable I guess.
But my routine is;

U/L/R/C/U/LC

C is cardio.
SO that means on every Thursday I'm not recovering from any lifting on the previous day and I'm doing cardio on that particular day. So on thursdays I don't mind if I miss my 150g protein goal.
>>
I sprained my wrist on the day before my 2 rest days

rest days are over now, and today is leg day so I can sort of get around using my wrists, but its still kind of sore. Should I wait with lifting and let it heal properly or go fuck it and lift tomorrow?
>>
A:
Diddy 5/3/1
Front Squat 4x8
Calf Raises 3x15-20
Hanging Leg Raises 3xF

B:
Push Press 5/3/1
Weighted Chins 3x5
DB Row 4x8
Dips 4xF
Face Pulls 3x12-15

C:
Squat 5/3/1
Snatch Grip DL 4x8
Calf Raises 3x15-20
Hanging Leg Raises 3xF

D:
Pendlay Row 5/3/1
Weighted Dips 3x5
Military Press 4x8
Pullups 4xF
Face Pulls 3x12-15
>>
>>37005841

What's the question?
>>
>>37005889
r8 h8 mastrb8

>inb4 no binch
>>
>>37005900

It's a good routine, but I'm just curious as to why you're not doing any chest excercises (except for dips).

Do you get sore in your chest after upper day?
>>
>>37005905
I don't compete in PL
I don't particularly like bench pressing
I don't want a huge chest
I get good chest involvement on Dips
>>
>>36995253
Though swimming can do a much better work for upper torso(chest, shoulders, back etc) than shown in pic.
>>
File: yourmomcen.jpg (73 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
yourmomcen.jpg
73 KB, 500x667
Is Disturbed the ultimate lifting music?
>>
>>37005972
hows being 13 going for you
>>
What do people mean when they say 'dirty bulk' and 'clean bulk'? I see these terms thrown around on /fit/ all the time and have no idea what they mean?
>>
>>37005985
Dirty is whatever food you can think of where clean is only healthy foods
>>
I have a skinnyfat build; incredibly thin arms and legs with no muscle mass, but a really chubby midsection. In a situation like this would it be better to bulk or cut?
>>
>>37005996
Or: dirty bulk is without counting calories, simply eating a lot and clean bulk is counting calories to ensure the surplus isn't too big
>>
>>37005996
>>37006025
I have a similar naive question, but what does 'hitting your macros' mean? More terminology I see on /fit/ that I don't understand.
>>
>>37006025
That's a dreamer bulk or a prema bulk
>>
>>37006035
macronutrients are proteins, carbohydrates and fats
You "need" to eat a particular amount of each per day to have a balanced diet, be healthy and gain/keep/lose muscle and fat
"hitting your macros" simply means you reach your daily recommended amount of Protein, Carbs and Fat
>>
>>37006035
Meeting your carbs, fats, and protein numbers for the day.
>>
Are legumes a good food source?
Also should I avoid soups? I like lentils or chickpeas boiled, maybe with some tomato sauce thrown in.
>>
So I hurt my shoulder the other day, probably while benching but I'm not sure, in any case it hurt when I moved my arm forward and backward. Took some diclofenac to help with the pain until I could call my doctor today, but now my shoulder seems fine. If the pain stays away, would it be safe to hit the gym and OHP today or should I call a doctor anyway?
>>
>>37006057
Idk man, could just be the pain killer blocking that pain.
>>
>>37006057
Depends on the intensity of the pain. If it's really bad and sticking around, I'd call the doctor. If it's only mild and has cleared up I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>37006052
Lentils and shit are a great food source. Good amount of protein, nice slow digesting carbs. Damn near perfect desu, and tasty. Good job anon.
>>
I've got red stretch marks on my biceps, they've faded recently but they come back after lifting. Looks kind of like pregnancy stretch marks. How do I get rid of them?
>>
>>37006052
>>37006071
Though lentils are not really used as veggies but as starch. You might want to add some "green" veggies (broccoli, zucchini, cucumber, eggplant, bell peppers, those sort of things. Low calories, high in vitamines and proteins)
>>
>>37006079
You can't. No really anyway. Hydrate your skin before and after lifting. Then fade away with time (they become white). Dermatologists came make them fade away even more but shit is expensive.
>>
>>37006084
Alright thanks the comments anon
>>
File: 1460430283552.png (19 KB, 714x657) Image search: [Google]
1460430283552.png
19 KB, 714x657
What are good exercises to balance my arm strength ?
>>
What exactly is a frame and how does it work?
>>
>>37006092
thanks anon
>>
Any food and supplements to promote healing injuries such as nerve damage and tendonitis?
>>
Diarrhea, doctor said there's no cause, anyone know how to get rid of it?
>>
>>37006052

Soups aren't great if you're bulking because they are usually low in calorie. It's a general rule of thumb tho, of course there's deviations.
>>
>>37006267

Fibers.
>>
If I deadlift 1x5 but take about 30seconds rest between each rep, can I still claim 1x5 or is that more like 5x1?
>>
What the fuck can I do about shin splints?
I have orthopedic insoles, I run correctly (midfoot strike), I've been to two physiotherapists and followed all their advice (helped for a while, but they came back), I have super-cushiony shoes, I foam roll my calves/glutes/hips, I started doing calf raises, I started with C25k.

They keep coming back. Do shin splints have anything to do with bone structure (I have bow-legs), or bodyweight (220lbs)?

Any advice? I'm at the end of my fucking wits, and I just want to play basketball again.
>>
>>37006331
I thought fibers made your shit easier to go down? Like from too solid > less solid? How would that help with diarrhea
>>
>>37006593
I'd say it's still 1x5, but try taking less rest. Just get your breath, maybe fix your grip, focus, tighten, and go.
Try working on reducing the rest between reps (i.e. try 25 secs next time, 20 the next time).
>>
>>37006123
I think you mean frame as in bone structure, i.e. the frame of your body.

>>37006145
Maybe Omega 3?
>>
>>36995123
I pool lifeguarded for 4 years part time, the full timers all hated it and were going nowhere in life staying in that job. Worked at 2 pools and was the same at both

Part time is ok but pool lifeguard is no career
>>
>>37006638

No man. It's the complete opposite.
>>
File: 1460963442686.webm (659 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1460963442686.webm
659 KB, 480x480
>>37006104
help
>>
>>37006628
bump
>>
>>37006647
>frame of your body/bone structure

How exactly does that affect lifting? Don't we all have a similar bone structure?
>>
>>37006895

Similar, but not identical. Different ratios and thicknesses and such between people. Doesn't usually make as much difference as people will tell you but it does exist.
>>
So does calisthenics work for a regular guy?

I'm 5'8, 67kg. So not a stick, but not a lard ass.

I swim regularly, but really hate going to the gym so don't. Would pressups, crunches/situps be worth it?
>>
What kind of oats do you guys recommend?
>>
>>37006895
If you're not gonna compete at a high level in bodybuilding/powerlifting/oly lifting/strongman, it doesn't really matter
>>
>>37006673
oh fuck you're right, going to eat some more soluble fiber (oats etc) and hope it gets better. Thank you.
>>
>>37006902
Is there a guide for it or somewhere I can find some more information on it?

I kinda want to know what the whole deal with those differences is.
>>
>>37006941
It's mostly common sense. Longer legs=harder deadlift, longer arms=harder bench, small wrists=more risk of wrist injury and the like, wide clavicles=easier to look broad as fuck.

Btw, if you're referring to the HEIGHT/FACE/FRAME thing, that's mostly a meme made by some neckbeard faggot.
>>
>>37006909

Calisthenics can.

Thing is, that involves learning more than just the absolute basics like pushups and crunches because they're so fucking easy that you stop getting any benefit from them quite early on.
>>
>>37007040
Well I'm just looking for some muscle definition really, not looking for gains.
>>
>>37007050
>just looking for some muscle definition really, not looking for gains.
You're confused. Muscle definition is the result of muscle mass i.e. "gains" combined with a reasonably low bodyfat percentage.
>>
>>37007069
Well minimal gains I guess then. Which I expect pressups and stuff will achieve.

Soon as I get cycling to work I expect to lose the last bit of stomach fat I still can't seem to shake from swimming.
>>
>>37006936
Did some research, steel cut oats or rolled oats?
>>
File: 1460327163538.jpg (63 KB, 563x604) Image search: [Google]
1460327163538.jpg
63 KB, 563x604
>>37006731
JUST
>>
>>37005136
Not really my prostate feels full but now that it's been two days it's hardly noticeable. It isnt a blinding pain but when I was getting closer to orgasm it was enough to stop me. And it was kinda like from my prostate to dick.
Iv heard about prostatis and I think it's likely, iv heard it'll clear up on its own tho so how long will it take?
>>
Lots of regret, anger, having trouble channelling it into my lifting. How can I do this?
>>
>>37007443
You don't want to channel regret or anger into anything. Regret and anger are bad things. Lifting/exercise may help alleviate feelings of anger if you let it. You never want to focus on your anger or regrets. Move on instead.

Trying to "use your anger" to fuel your workout is a terrible idea that only keeps you angry, and in my experience doesn't even lead to a very good performance. I get that it works for the bad guy in Star Wars, but try to focus on the good things instead.
>>
>>37004969
I'm probably going to but the first thing my doctor will do is organise a blood test. Then if the results come back fine he'll tell me to come see him if it's not better in a few months
>>
>>37006991
Tfw I have pretty much everything, even 20cm wrists. Going to kill myself soon.
>>
>>37007563
That's above average bro.
Just stop whining about shit you can't change and work on the things you can. Get swole as fuck and stuff
>>
What are good exercises to balance my arm strength ?
>>
>>37007679
what the fuck do you mean?
>>
Aya or nay?
>>
File: 1418783990660.jpg (35 KB, 533x399) Image search: [Google]
1418783990660.jpg
35 KB, 533x399
>>37007710
>>
>>37007710
Nay, dont like that pro boxer looking nose
>>
File: image.png (311 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
image.png
311 KB, 440x440
>>37007749
Oh shit i didnt even realize that was a tranny for a second
>>
>>37007710
ebin spurdo spora :----D
>>
>>37007697
My right hand is stronger than my left.
I can feel it greatly when I try to do OHP. My right hand does all the work and my left hand is left trying to keep up with it.
>>
File: finnish_defense_forces.jpg (47 KB, 437x620) Image search: [Google]
finnish_defense_forces.jpg
47 KB, 437x620
>>37007765
ebinn xdd
>>
>>37007776
Dumbbell shit and start your moves with your left hand, shit like hammer curls and what not
>>
>>37007776
You're probably on SS/SL, so add curls at the end of the workout. Do more curls with the weak arm than with the strong one (i.e. 8 reps with right, 10 with left)
>>
If I'm too tired to finish my routine, should I return on my rest day to finish or use lighter weights to finish?
>>
>>37007894
Use lighter weights. Rest day is to rest and recover, especially if you were too tired to finish your shit.
>>
>>37007919
ok, but then if being tired at the end of my routine is a chronic thing, should I just lower all the weights across the board?
>>
>>37008001
Yeah, probably. If you're too tired to finish your training properly, it might be best to deload or take a serious look at what you're doing.
>>
What software would you guys recommend to keep track of nutrient intake? I've had a pretty hard time keeping an accurate log, especially when it comes to more involved dishes.
>>
>>37008016
alright thanks for the advice mate.

>>37008030
I use my fitness pal. For more involved dishes you just have to put in the time to record everything. It's just the way it is.
>>
>>37001972
hanging knee side raises or whatever they're called.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.