[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain low carb to me pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: images (1).jpg (8 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8 KB, 184x273
Why are so many people saying you need to eat low carb to lose weight, saying your carb will only burn fat storages if you eat low carb. I get that low carb makes you lose more water weight which makes you more shredded, but if fat loss is all about cal in and cal out. Cant you just eat low carb when you're done with the fat loss and get the same effect?
>>
>>36989918
The only real thing about it is that a lot of people find it easier to reduce calories by cutting back on carbs.
>>
>>36989918
i am not a scientist but it also cleans up A LOT of chronic issues we develop from eating high density sweets, bread and processed foods.

Eating a clean diet for health. And it's an excellent tool for people to drop weight. It's my understanding that not everyone needs to use a ketogenic diet for their goals. But it's a really good way to achieve goals for health reasons.
>>
>>36989939
Wtf you have no idea what you're talking about. Google "keto diet" right now. Don't eat any carbs for a couple days then subsist on a fat/protein diet while intermittent fasting OP. Why don't magazines advertise this?
>>
>>36989939
>find it easier to reduce calories by cutting back on carbs

being how many over weight people got there from eating too much chicken and veggies over the years.
>well all I eat is chicken, veggies and rice
>I guess I eat too much of it?

no.. it's like nom nom nom nom chips nom nom nom cookies. You could give them a list that covers every item one by one. Like no frozen pizza, no chips, no garlic bread etc or sort of cover all of it by saying to cut their carbs..

the main problem with the low carb, low fat or any other diet idea is when people pick and choose from it. Like I have a friend who will randomly cut out some given carb like not eat bagels but will then gobble up a bunch of pizza.
>>
>>36989918

All body mass eligible to be used for energy is not fat. Your body holds stores of sugars and proteins to burn also. If you can get your body to avoid burning protein and have no carbs to burn, it must burn fat. It is faster and arguably easier and teaches superior dieting habits.
>>
>>36989961
>eating for health
>fucking up cholesterol levels by doing keto

pick 1
>>
How can you overcomplicate something so much

I don't even know what you're asking?
>>
>>36989961
These carbs you listed are simple carbs(I believe that's the term), what about complex carbs? Are they /fit cutting/ approved? Like whole wheat, dark bread and such..
>>
>>36990025

Not for cutting. It's so easy.

Cutting : lean protein, healthy fat, vegetables excluding carrots, peas, squash, potato, etc

Not cutting: same as above, add excluded vegetables, fruit, complex carbs

Bulking: eat more everything
>>
File: Taylor-Swift-06.png (1 MB, 705x917) Image search: [Google]
Taylor-Swift-06.png
1 MB, 705x917
>>36990021
I'm sorry, I fucked up my essay. I was just wondering what the benefits of low carb was according to fit,
>>
>>36989974
>Why don't magazines advertise this?

being it's not a good life style change sort of diet plan but does have a killer hook of being able to eat bacon and other shit while on a *cough* diet. So it baits fatties into thinking it's a diet they can do being it sounds way more fun then just less, eating healthy and cutting out 90% of the junk food in one's diet.

plus OP asked why so many diets say less carbs and it's the reasons everyone already covered. It's a nice way to wipe out tons of junk from a person's over all diet program. It's also an easy life style change if one is motivated where "zero carbs" is not even close to being something a person would be willing to do for the next 20+ years.

plus if fatties could be trusted with bacon etc they would not need to be on a diet in the first place. Some of the most glutton level eating I have ever seen has been delusional fat friends doing "Keto" plans, but clearly just the no carb part and not the less cal part.
>>
>>36990011
your body produces more cholesterol in the liver, than any amount of cholesterol you can ever ingest.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.