[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
No question unanswered edition.

My memory fails me but what is the website where you enter your height weight and lifts and it shows you where on your body you're lagging or out of balance and if you're a novice,intermediate, advanced lifter etc?
>>
>>36982344
symmetric strength?
>>
>>36982344
If creatine allows you to produce more ATP, and DNP makes the ATP cycle more inefficient, bleeding off some of the ATP->ADP process as heat, does creatine act as a force multiplier for DNP?
>>
>>36982344
The pics for these threads are getting more and more awesome.
My question: in terms of training my abs, are hanging leg raises enough? To get simple, aesthetic abs along with low bf?
>>
>>36983198
i do the p90x ab routine every 2 days and it does define my abs, though my lower abs have a fucking 100 level sneak since they refuse to show up unless i flex.
>>
File: 1459459640813.jpg (49 KB, 700x540) Image search: [Google]
1459459640813.jpg
49 KB, 700x540
>>36982344
>>
>>36982344

Why should I bench?
>>
>>36983213
What does the ab routine entail? What bf are you? Also do you play elder scrolls? :D
>>
Sup /fit/, Just got out of Army infantry school, and just arrived at my first duty station in Colorado. Looking to really hit the weights hard and put some bulk on. I'm sure I'm going to be doing all the gay crossfit shit with my unit, but I also want to hit the weights later in the day if training allows.

Looking to get a good supplement plan together, although anything past your basic whey protein, Bcaa, creatine, and a multivitamin I've got no experience with.

Worth it to start a pro hormone cycle?
>>
Is walking around home on your tip toes to make your calves grow effective or just a meme?
>>
is gelatin good or bad?
>>
>>36983258

It's the biggest upper body push. Of course you can do OHP and dips instead, it's no problem, but bench is a no-brainer really.
>>
>>36983463
I have a friend who bounces a lot on his calves when walking and they are huge. His calves are as thick as his thighs. He is a lanklet but his calves are impressive
>>
>>36983463

Calves are the most unpredictable muscle in terms of growth so people often try weird shit if heavy raises don't work. Some do hundreds of bodyweight reps, some use funny walking techniques all day long.
>>
File: images (14).jpg (9 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
9 KB, 194x259
>>36983513
Thanks mang
What i dont get is, i boxed for years, was skipping, sparring, doing hill sprints-all the good shit people say makes them huge....and they were even smaller than now.
>>
File: tumblr_n5m8dm3f4j1sc29v9o4_1280.jpg (126 KB, 938x1250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5m8dm3f4j1sc29v9o4_1280.jpg
126 KB, 938x1250
>>36983544
Roger that dubsfriend
>>
Can i do 3 sets of low bar squats then last 2 high bar?
>>
>>36983590
I got my dick caught in a fan.
>>
I'm 5'8 , 72 kg . Around 25-30 bf .
I have fat around my lower back and it makes me look like I have a wide waist. I've read that when you cut, fat from around the lower back is the last to go . I wanted to ask , til such time that I burn that fat , is there anything I can do to make it less apparent? Like specific exercises .
>>
>>36983658
Wider shoulders can help so lateral raises and the like. Then again gaining muscle is a slower process than losing fat. You can lose a kilo a week but you can only gain 5-10kg in an year. I'd say don't be demotivated by this, keep lifting heavy and start eating right.
>>
I'm doing SL 5x5, do you keep to your macros on the rest days or just eat less in general? Or is it best to hit your protein macros everyday?
>>
>>36983553
Calves are a bitch. Good luck with your calves in the future.
>>
Is this workout optimal to do at home while trying to lose fat while getting some noob gains all over?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1r9toPQNkM&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>36983598
Stay away from groupies senpai
>>
I'm using myfitnesspal to track my diet

if I'm cooking some chicken breasts, do I put the weight of the breasts before I've cooked them or after?
>>
whenever I do lat raises, even though I'm doing babby weight (4kg at most for 8-12 reps) my left shoulder gives out

it's always my left, never the right, it just gives out on me

anyone know what could be causing this?
>>
Hit the gym for the first time two days ago, my body is still killing me but I would like to go again. Is it fine to go today or should I wait until tomorrow? Thanks
>>
>>36984170
go today
>>
>>36984114
>thinks being off by 10 or 20 grams is going to matter
protip - it's not
>>
I was horribly sick yesterday. couldn't keep anything down, sleeping intermittently throughout the day
How negatively will this affect me? Since I can eat today, should I eat at surplus to try and regain energy, or should I try and stay the course on my cut?
Also, are there any tricks you guys have for improving recovery after being sick?
>>
>>36983772
Thanks senpai Ayy :)
>>
File: LegCurls_NeilaRey.jpg (35 KB, 301x323) Image search: [Google]
LegCurls_NeilaRey.jpg
35 KB, 301x323
So let's talk about pic related.
What the absolute fuck?
Is this a thing?

>>36983463
>Is walking around home on your tip toes to make your calves grow effective or just a meme?
Probably works. I've never seen the inside of a gym but I pace back and forth like 6 hours a day, so I look like a SS meme.
Insanity is a hell of a drug.
>>
I recently had a heart problem. I can't do anything strenuous for the heart, for a while. My cardiologist is I'm sure a master of hearts, but he's a fat ass 320lb paki. But is there any way I could do some kind of lifting? Even if it's 10 lbs plz help me /fit/
>>
File: 8872903999518.jpg (27 KB, 524x600) Image search: [Google]
8872903999518.jpg
27 KB, 524x600
Is hand gripper a meme or not?
>>
hows everyone doing?
I'm a novice lifter at best, I have been going for half a year now and have made some beginner ganis (started at 121lbs bodyweight, now at 141lbs) only using dumbbells and a recommended program. I feel like taking it to the next step and am not sure what to do now. my main goal is aesthetics but would like more strength as well. I'm willing to buy all the equipment since the next gym is 45mins away and I have the money. I have looked into Stronglifts 5x5 and I like the simplicity of it but it seems to bemore strength-focused than I'd like.

tl;dr: dumbbell dyel has made some gains, what now for aesthetics?
>>
What should my % split be between carbs/protein/fat when bulking, how much protein should I be getting while bulking at 165lbs? What's the difference between a "dirty" bulk and a "clean" bulk?
>>
Would doing handstands with fists (instead of palms) help with wrist strength?
>>
can someone rec me a strength routine which doesn't rely heavily on squats? my quads are already too big. could i perhaps modify an existing routine in order to squat much less and deadlift more or something?
>>
>>36985410
While bulking, your protein matters less because you'll be getting enough calories to maintain regardless. Just make sure you get your surplus with a similar, but more carb loaded diet to your cut. You'll probably end up with about 15-20% protein.

A clean bulk is getting caloric surplus with quality, micronutrient dense foods. A dirty bulk is getting a surplus with whatever the fuck you can put in your mouth.
Clean would be something like a homemade lamb stew with barley or rice.
Dirty would be a fuckin big mac and french fries.
>>
>>36984155
>gives out
details, describe what you mean
>>
>>36984071
dumbbbell overhead presses

dumbbell bench presses

goblet squats

dumbbell one legged deadlifts

dumbbell rows

pull ups or chin ups

L-sits

handstands

there you go, 8 exercises that aren't men's health tier. bear in mind this is making do with the situation (ie only using dumbbells).

or you could do it properly and join a gym.
>>
>>36985501
they help when doing pushups, so i imagine it would help when doing hand stands. However, you're gonna be a lot less stable...
>>
Is not hitting the frontal abs and chest necessarily a bad thing? I really dislike the way most people who train look, with heavily defined frontal abs and a big chest. Is there even a way to structure my program around hitting my abs as little as possible while still being strong and healthy? Deadlifts and squats hit the abs a lot and leaving those exercises out seems like a bad idea.
>>
>>36985095
asking if something is a meme,
is a meme
>>
2 questions, what percentage of macros should be fats if I'm doing my first bulk
>Inb4 lurk more
And secondly, how much should I look to gain per week if I'm trying hard and don't care if I end up looking kinda fat.

5'9" 150lb
>>
File: 1448590048355.jpg (38 KB, 324x380) Image search: [Google]
1448590048355.jpg
38 KB, 324x380
Why do my legs shake when I use the leg abduction/adduction machine?
>>
>>36985812
you're probably getting blood flow to an area that doesn't get enough. Or perhaps your antagonist muscles are weak...

Don't really know to be honest....
>>
I started lifting a few months ago and haven't been doing Bench press, but i've been doing dumbbell bench with 55 pound dumbbells for 5x5, When I go back to doing Bench will my Bench be ok due to still training the same muscles, or will have I only made a starting point to get better from
>>
>>36985838
>you're probably getting blood flow to an area that doesn't get enough.
I swim twice a week and I've always done lots of sports with heavy running (soccer, tennis, etc.).
>>
>>36985736
Could I possibly able to use my barbell in addition to these or mix and match them together?
Thanks for it
>>
Do cable rows train mostly the traps or lats??I want to stop training my lats for a while and focus on my upper back so I will replace lat pulldown/chin ups with other upper back emphasize exercises.
Am already doing T bar rows,power cleans and deads
>>
>>36985785
really doesnt matter that much, get enough protein and the right total calories.
>>
File: 4 scoops.png (86 KB, 292x292) Image search: [Google]
4 scoops.png
86 KB, 292x292
If you were to pick 4 triceps exercises to do to get huge tris, what would you pick?

I can't settle on which ones to go with, besides dips
>>
how long should I wait with doing push ups, squats and crunches to see any visible change? (at home)
>>
>>36985990
fingering your mom
>>
Is it ok to dirty bulk and then to do a clean cut and eat clean at maintenance? Preferably a slow cut so I spend more time eating clean.
>>
>>36982344
>No question unanswered edition
>asks a question that can easily be googled through keywords in your own post
>doesn't know how ot use the catalog and find the other, still active, QTDDTOT
>>36983198
>that probable samefag and praise of the OP
KYS

>>36983258
Biggest upper body pressing compound
Not necessary though and definitely overrated by the average bro

>>36983590
But why? They are very similar movements
Your routine is probably shit if you made it yourself and think there's any reasonable benefit to doing this

>>36983658
Bigger everything else
Especially shoulders and lats

>>36983825
Keep diet consistent
It's best to hit every macro every day

>>36984155
>gives out
What?
It could easily be imbalance in strength and one failing before hte other, which is fine.

Elaborate. And describe your technique while you're at it.
>inb4 shitty description revealing no idea of how ot perform the movement well

>>36984170
Read the sticky
DOMS means almost nothing

>>36984254
Eating more and well always helps when sick, for obvious reasons.

>>36984301
Seems to be a shitty way to work biceps for people with no equipment

>never seen the inside of a gym but I pace back and forth like 6 hours a day
>I looks like a SS meme
You're a jackass

>>36984443
Ask medical professionals

>>36985095
They can help, but so can other things

>>36985114
>made some beginner gains
>121, not at 141
Gaining weight is not a beginner gain. Any fatass can gain weight without even working out

>muh aesthetics
Fuck people who ask these types of questions
Lift weights nad you will get bigger, stronger and more aesthetic

'Aesthetic' in this way is literally just size with low bodyfat and favourable insertions with some proportions. So literally just lift and watch your diet
If you're asking 'how do I lift more?', which you basically are, you don't deserve an answer

Fuck you for making me type that

>>36985501
Yes, but I would say that it won't do anything regular weight pressing will
>>
>>36985990
close grip bench, dips, tricep extensions are the 3 I can think of
>>
>>36985990
Dips, close grip bench, bench press and cable pshdowns if you have autism.

Compunds for eveytihng buddy.
>>36985863
Your bench will be higher. There is a small difference between DB and BB bench. With DB you have to do more stibilization work.
>>36985756
It will not be good for your health to leave out so very important muscle groups in your training. Muscle imbalance will cause bad posture and pain.
>>
>>36986063
>>36986049

How much does close grip bench work your chest?
>>
File: sandow.jpg (12 KB, 320x467) Image search: [Google]
sandow.jpg
12 KB, 320x467
>>36985689
>quads are already too big
Doubt. Post pic.

Jus do any proven routine and squat less
Since you're probably a beginner, Greyskull LP fits the bill

>>36985756
Big chests are more of a modern thing. Past (much older) BBs had big shoulders but smaller chests in proportion, pic related
You will not drastically change your ab size, even if you hit them hard with frequency, so I wouldn't worry about that

>>36985812
Unused to handling weight in such a way
Those machines are pretty pointless IMO, especially for the non-advanced

>>36985863
Better starting point and possibly faster progression
Really unnecessary to ask this, just go for it m8!

>>36985965
Both
>stop training lats for a while
Terrible idea

>>36985990
Bench press
Overhead press
Dips
Lying tricep extensions
Close grip bench
French press

>>36986021
Anything you want to do is OK
Dirty bulk is never ideal
>>
Former tennis player here. Been lifting for 3 weeks but my right arm is still way bigger than my left arm. Do I need to focus on the left arm when lifting, or is it going to catch up naturally?
>>
Pasted from sticky
>Second, related to the first, good programs work out the entire body. You will never get the results you want just doing your arms or chest; it doesn't work that way.

Why? Is my body like: "sorry faggot, you skipped legs today, no gains for you regardless of anything else". My legs are huge due to years of running. I would enjoy my training much more if I could focus on my chest and arms only, cause it is them that do not match my legs, not the other way around.
>>
>>36982344
do i only need abwheel for my abs?
>>
>>36986097
Way less than it does your triceps.
Stop worrying so much dude. Just lift some weights man.
>>36986181
3 weeks is nothing. Keep training with the same weights to keep your symitry and avoid imbalance in muscle growth.
>>36986283
If you legs are already big thn it does not apply to you as much as it would to a newbie. Then thing is that the muscle does not like imbalanced growth.
BUT it is literally CRAZY not to do squats in ANY work out routine. You dont need to go super heavy or anything, but the squat is the king of strength. YOu work out your entire body, and keep your muscle fibers up to date in your legs.
>>36986321
You can, if you like, only do ab wheel. It works your entire core. It is the same to ask if you only need curls for your biceps. Sure, you hit the desired bodypart, but you are only preforming one excercise. Diversity is good, but doing what you find enjoyable is more important.
>>
>>36986181
Let it catch up naturally
Do your best to lift evenly and not favour the stronger side. Failing because of one side weakness will be natural for some lifts, just got to deal

>>36986283
>legs are huge to to years of running
Unless you've been exclusively sprinting, you did not actually add much muscle mass from just running. Lots of people say this nad htey are always wrong. Protip: legs are supposed to be bigger and stronger than the whole upper body

>Why?
Common sense. Any good exercise program will work everything for general proportion
>I would enjoy my training much more if I could focus on my chest and arms only
Lol
Do whatever the fuck you want to do man, but I sincerely hope you at least put equal focus in working your back. As for any advice, you literally only have to do 2 exercises to build appreciable legs. But nobody is going to hunt you down if you don't do them
>>
File: 71658492.jpg (13 KB, 226x171) Image search: [Google]
71658492.jpg
13 KB, 226x171
How much do you sleep, /fit/?
>>
>>36986408
so if it works my entire core what use would it be to have another exercise? and which exercise would that be ?
>>
>>36986485
Always try to get 7+ hours, 8 is actually great for me and what I aim for. Can live with 6

Sleeping in uni during stressful periods was a little fucked up though

>>36986321
Nobody's going to hold a gun to your head
I really liked anon's answer, above, though
>>36986501
This is just an infuriating follow up. Nobody is going to hold a gun to your head. You can do whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>36986122
>Doubt. Post Pic.
they are too large/heavy to hit my gymnastic goals as it is without adding more mass a la rippetoe's fetish.

not a beginner either (can OHP bodyweight and diddly 2.5x bodyweight). any recs?
>>
>>36986623
>gymnastic goals
Isn't there a specific routine that you should follow then? Or someone you can consult for one?

>strength routine
>not many squats
>doesn't want quads
Sounds like either a split or a PL routine that has squats butchered out of it. Considered PPL?
>>
Do hanging leg raises target the obliques too?
>>
I started to work out 4 weeks ago, and i have a question about deadlifts.

Do i need to change the hands sometimes? Do you guys change the grip sometimes?

I always have the right palm showing to my body and the left palm away from my body.

Also, does it actually make sense as a righthanded? Shouldn't my strong hand (right) show away of my body?
>>
I've been following some proana blogs for weightloss inspo. Many of them recommend honey in hot water for weight loss, reason being it satisfies cravings and apparently honey is a laxative. How can this be if you're drinking a cup of sugar? If you're imbibing more calories, how does that help you lose weight? I'm not saying it's incorrect since many of the girl reccing this are quite thin, but I'm confused. Honey has also never given me a laxative effect. Also, why hot water and not hot tea so it has flavor at least? Would hot tea with honey work?
>>
>>36986743
exrx.net/WeightExercises/HipFlexors/BWHangingLegRaise.html
exrx.net/WeightExercises/HipFlexors/BWHangingStraightLegRaise.html

>>36986767
>change hands/grip
Some people are autistic about this, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Imbalances created from deadlifts are way overstated, IMO.
So it's up to you, really. Some people never switch, some people switch every or every few sessions, some people switch every set.
Just don't switch every rep.

It's natural to switch the weaker grip hand to supination (underhand) and keep the stronger hand overhand. So if you are right handed, it's natural to keep your right palm towards your body
When using mixed grip, the supinated (underhand) becomes easier to hold, so that's why it's typically the weaker hand that gets flipped
>>
I spent about 8 months doing a dumbbell and machine routine, not doing real lifts.
If I go onto SS now have I 'wasted' my gains and will I make them much slower. Do I also still increase my lifts by how much SS tells me to for beginners or not, do I not adapt as fast?
>>
>>36986030
Hi, I'm >>36985114
My question should have been: what program do you recommend for my situation? I'm terribly sorry to have caused you this anger. Apoligies.
>>
>>36986803
>honey in hot water for weight loss
Post source
Protip: Not scientific = Not true

My rationale on this is that hot water/tea is a little bit satiating in general, so may stop people from grabbing a snack instead

Reading the rest of your post now, you seem to have your head on straight.

>>36986816
>If I go onto SS now, have I 'wasted' my gains and will I make the much slower
No. You will likely just be at a little higher starting point that you would have been
>Do I also still increase my lifts by how much SS tells me to for beginners or not, do I not adapt as fast?
Linear progression is linear progression
>>
>>36986814
Not found brah. So are obliques hit?
>>
>>36986862
Okay thanks, I'm still weak as shit (benching 35lb dumbbells), thanks for the reply
>>
>>36986909
>not found
Are you retarded?
>>
At what stall do you move off of Starting Strength? To my understanding it's when you're no longer adding weight every week, but do you stick on with it if you can add weight to squat but stall on bench press or overhead press?
>>
>>36986909
Yes they do, just be sure to engage your core
>>
>>36986803
>Would hot tea with honey work?
In many places people sweeten tea with honey rather than sugar fyi.
They probably don't mean a shit-ton of honey anyway, just a mug of tea with a teaspoon of it. Not that many calories. And it doesn't work as a laxative for me either (some teas are laxative, though). They're probably just using it as a food/sweet drink (soda) replacement, in which case it helps because it's a lot lighter than Fanta.

And always remember that at least half those girls are 100% sedentary so their BMR during total caloric restriction drops really low (that's why they faint all the time). If you're exercising heavily or taking stimulants (eg coffee), you should be able to easily eat twice or more of their daily intake. Thrice if you're a dude.
>>
Otter mode without abs definition. Going for a beach holiday in 3 weeks. Should I try cutting till I get visible abs or should I focus on getting bigger?
>>
>>36986918
Explain

>>36986931
Thanks
>>
>>36986924
Deload, work back up

It is natural to stall on the presses first though
Read the book if you haven't
Consider accessories for weaknesses/sticking points. Make srue you are doing back work. Consider eating more

For me, when this happened, I did the above and also played with my rep ranges to keep progressing. I did not want to move on from SS until my squat/dead stalled, so that was my solution.
You could also switch to DBs for a time before moving back

Anything for progression
>>
currently on a ppl bulk program. i plan on shipping to basic training in a little over a year. should i just do pushups on push days or nightly to increase endurance?
>>
>>36986814
Thank you.

So it's not possible, that if i lift heavy weights someday, my weak hand is not strong enough to hold it, right?
>>
>>36986952
3 weeks really isn't that much time to do anything

>>36986955
>Explain
Both links work perfectly fine, and both list obliques as stabilizers
This aroused the suspicion that you are retarded, because you either cannot read or you could not make the links work through a simply copy and paste (don't forget to hit the return key)
>>
>>36986967
Thank you. Now if I'm too concerned about doing form with power cleans, is there an exercise or set of exercises I can replace it with in SS?
>>
>>36986994
Kek excuse me. I had a blonde moment and copied the whole thing. Pardon me, it's been a long day.
>>
>>36986973
If you want to just increase pushup count, 'grease the groove'

>>36986990
>that wording
Mixed grip will help you get much further and should last you long enough to not really haev to worry about it
Chalk helps immensely too and should be supplied by any good gym that supports heavy lifting

>>36987039
Again, read the book. It goes over this.

IMO, even if the author disagrees, I think it's fine to replace the power cleans with rows for the average person looking to get stronger, pendlay rows being the favourable variation.

That being said, I did cleans when I did SS and I would do them again too, if I started over.
But it is also true that the description of power cleans in the book it not so great (you haven't even read it anywasy though)
>>
>>36987093
>pendlay rows
Is there a big difference between the third edition and second edition of the book? Or was it Rippetoe capitalizing on his popularity to make a quick buck? The different editions are only 4 years apart.
>>
>>36987116
http://aasgaardco.com/store/print

Any decent instructional book/textbook has updated editions to correct inaccuracies or changes in the opinion of the author

The 2nd edition is good enough for a trainee to read though
>>
>>36987150
Thanks again. Time to get reading.
>>
is it possible to deadlift someone's jaw off?
like lets say you need to dole out some righteous fury, preferably on someone who very much deserves it,
could you stand on a person's head, and just pull the thing straight off?
what would you need, a 6pl8 diddy?
>>
I know peanuts are good, but what does /fit/ think about cashews?

I think they taste better.
>>
>>36987307
your opinion is incorrect
peanuts are vastly superior in taste
>>
After you hit protein intake is it important to have a certain amount of fats and carbs or is it fine as long as you eat correct kcals?

Example:

Breakfast of:
-milk
-oats
-banana

Or:
-milk
-oat
-peanut butter

If you eat the amount of proteins needed (or more) and have the same amount of calories for both meals, is it fine or not?
>>
>>36987321
Opinions opinions, I'm asking more specifically about their nutrition.

I eat way more peanuts, and I love them. I'm just asking for variety's sake.
>>
Is coccoon mode a good idea given I only have online friends? I just get extended periods where I don't feel like talking to anyone.
>>
My shoulder span got bigger, Im developing some mild gyno, i have a voracious appetite, gained 10 pounds, have kneepain; all symptoms of a growth spurt... but i havent grown anything in height. Whats happening?
>>
>>36987306
Is the rest of their head bolted to the ground

>>36987307
IIFYM

>>36987393
It never is
>>
>>36987306
maybe if you had a bar surgically attached to their jaw otherwise theres no fucking way to have the grip strength, if you want to fatally fuck someone up blows to the head with knees/feet are the way to go
>>
Is honey actually more nutritious (i.e. richer in micronutrients) than table sugar?
>>
>>36987093
>Chalk helps immensely too and should be supplied by any good gym that supports heavy lifting

>go to golds gym
>tries to push its meathead venice beach bodybuilder image
>doesnt allow chalk
fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-
>>
>>36987408
how old are you?
>>
It's normal to lose sex drive, penis length (low bloodflow) and energy while on a cut, r-r-right?

also might be because my circadian rythm is shot to shit, falling asleep at like 8AM and getting up at 3PM usually, good tips on how to fix this?
>>
>>36987584
if my sleep is super fucked I sleep for 3-4 hours one night or just skip sleep altogether and then fall asleep at a normal time the next night and sleep a good 8-10
>>
>>36987619
I've tried that almost every night for like a month, I have no idea what's wrong.. mild insomnia maybe? my body does get the sleep it needs, but I can't seem to fall asleep at a decent time despite my best efforts
>>
>>36987551
20, but i also have to point out that I grew about an inch 1-2 months ago, so growth plates must be still open
>>
File: R6-2115-X500.gif (79 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
R6-2115-X500.gif
79 KB, 500x500
>>36982344
What's objectively the best tasting protein powder? I just got pic related and it tastes like stale milk. Regretting my purchase pretty hard. Thinking of BPI sports banana marshmallow but idk. Someone pls help
>>
>>36987584
>>36987619
so set an alarm for 11am tomorrow and then try to fall asleep by midnight-ish and set an alarm for 10 am
>>
>>36987619
One thing you can do is take an all nighter. Make sure the next day to eat at designate times. Ex. 8am 12pm 6pm and then go to bed the next night. You most likely will sleep throughout the night due to the lack of sleep before, and your body should wake up when you get hungry.
>>36987653
Then you could still be growing. Most people stop growing at 21.
>>
Gold standard is objectivvely the best whey.
>>
>>36987662
>>36987676

Sorry, meant to quote.
>>
>>36987673
doing IF tho, so I can only eat between 1PM-9PM
>>
>>36987647
stay up for 24-36 hours then

ie 3pm wake up time = dont sleep until next day at 9pm
>>
>>36987691
stop fucking your life up with a meme diet then
>>
My left tricep is failing before my chest on bench press, what can I do?
>>
File: FAownsFIT.jpg (107 KB, 700x495) Image search: [Google]
FAownsFIT.jpg
107 KB, 700x495
How do I get a /fitizen/ to be my total bottom bf?
>>
>>36987724
Keep bencing. It sounds like you have a slight imbalance between chest and tri. At some point your tri will be strong enough for your chest to also get some work done.
>>
>>36987327
Bump
>>
I've been doing a lot of push ups and pull-ups lately, but I had to stop today because I woke up with intense pain this morning.

The pain felt like it was at the bottom of the sternum, and in the mid/upper back on the right side.

What did I do wrong? It's just push-ups and pull-ups, how could I have fucked that up?
>>
>>36987724
do you do any tricep work before bench or the day before?
>>
File: 1345865891613.jpg (6 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1345865891613.jpg
6 KB, 184x184
I'm trying to make it so I'm reading the sticky and trying to get a good understanding of diets

I've noticed an inconsistency and I'm hoping you can help me out:

>For every meal, start with a protein base. A protein base can be anything that is mostly protein (usually, about 20g protein and less than 100 kcal per 100g - read labels):

>-Lean red meat
>-Fat free, low sugar dairy (no-fat cheese, cottage cheese, cottage/quark cheese, and protein powder)
>-Egg whites (1 yolk for taste)

but then it says

>If you are trying to build muscle, consider:

>-Fatty meats (Thighs instead of breasts, non-lean cuts of steak, etc)
>-Plenty of whole eggs (No, the yolks aren't bad)
>-Most dairy (especially cheese, plain yoghurt, cottage cheese, and whole milk)

Am I missing something here? don't these 2 paragraphs contradict themselves? I did not grow up in a family that promoted fitness so I don't really understand diets too well.
>>
So my stress levels are pretty high right now, with finals and cutting.
It seems to translate almost completely into aggression, no matter what I do it doesn't go away. Any advice?
>>
>>36987871
Just go for 1/3rd of each macro. You'll be fine.

I weigh 168lbs and I'm 6'0''. I usually strive for about 100g protein a day. The rest carbs and fats. I personally like carbs more than fats. People have all sorts of different theories on the subject, you won't find 1 agreed on formula for macros. Just don't eat processed foods and sugars, that shit is wack.
>>
>>36987913
Decide if you are okay with being agressive, if not, then stop cutting.
How are you this dense?

>>36987821
Is the pain in the muscles or the joints?
>>
>>36987871
no animal products, vegan diet has fastest recovery.
raw spinache best food ever for building muscle, you heard of popeye?
>>
>>36987926
The pain is muscular but it is more intense than regular DOMS. So much so that it wok me up at 4 in the morning.
>>
Is fish oil good for fat loss like people say.
I'm quite a poorfag so I would like a proper opinion before I fork out.

Love from anon
>>
>>36987913
Studies show a substantial decrease in corticosteroids (stress hormones) in rapists. Rape someone and you'll release all of your pent up aggression and if you're lucky she'll give you a stress-ball kid you can beat the shit out of for the rest of your life. Never worry again.
>>
>>36987917
isn't it 1g of protein per 1lb of goal body weight?

I'm trying to gain, not cut
>>
>>36982471
Creatine only lasts for ~6sec and then you have to wait 3min to get 95% recovery of creatine ready to use again (hence the 3-5min wait time on strength training). Your body isn't using creatine all the time for normal, day to day function. At rest, your body tends to use fats as it's main source of ATP production, as it can get a lot of ATP from fat over a long period of time

So to answer your question, creatine isn't a force multiplier of DNP.

Remember
DNP is speeding up your metabolism, which produces heat and ATP
Creatine turns ADP into ATP at a rapid rate, but for a short period of time

The whole short time thing is because your body can only store ~5g of creatine in the muscles.
>>
>>36987951
Could it be some sort of cramps? Any ways, if the pain is waking you up at night, you should seek medical help and not trust anything said on this website. You never know what kind of people are giving out advice.

>>36987956
Fish oil is god tier to keep your joints healthy. If your diet is not rich in omega 3 and 6 oils, then fish oil is a must when doing intense weightlifting.
>>
>>36987960
Some places say 1.5g/lb, some say 1g/lb, some studies say .79g/lb. Its also important to know that carbs play a huge roll hypertrophy (muscle growth). If you get all protein and not enough carbs your body will have to work harder to turn that protein into what the carbs would have provided. Protein is a meme.
>>
What sort of sleeveless vest and shorts should I wear to show off my gains this summer?
>>
>>36987676
thanks for the answer, any specific flavor recommendations? Just not in the mood to force anything down and since I already wasted some cash on this powder I want my next purchase to be enjoyable.
>>
>>36987995
why doesn't this page talk about carbs? http://4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh%27s_Worksheet_%28WIP%29
>>
>>36987995
1g/kg lean body mass. Just take protein until your shit smells like rotted eggs. Then back off. That smell is methane fermented from undigested amino acids.
>>
>>36987987
Thanks anon, my right knee clicks loudly when I squat. Its somewhat worrying but it never has caused me pain or worn out quicker then my left knee. The fish oil may help.
>>
>>36988016
>>>/fa/
>>
>>36988040
cuz harsh is a skelly
>>
>>36987676
For a second I thought you meant that Gold Standard was the best whey, rather than bets tasting whey.

That would be silly, considering Myprotein is the best.
>>
>>36988060
I figured I'd hedge my bets and ask both.
>>
>>36988088
fir consits of skinny fags, neckbeards and autist.Dont hope for much
>>
>>36988040
I wouldn't rely on 4chan for your fitness info. The sticky has some good information but there's a lot of shitfucks in this niggerhole.
>>
Fatty here trying to lose weight reasonably.

Will drinking too much water hinder weight loss in any way? I usually drink over 3 Liters per day and I see that the recommended amount is 2.
>>
>>36988140
Nothing wrong with it, of course your going to have water weight when you come to the scales but ignore that shit.
>>
>>36988140
Count calories. Drink water. Keep your eye on the prize.
>>
>>36988140
It will not. It is a superb habbit you got m8.
>>
My shoulder snaps crackles and pops wenever I elevate and depress my clavicle. What the fuck?
>>
>>36988199
>>36988204
Thanks friends. I think I'm going to make it I'm about 1 month into my diet and cardio and starting to see real results. That's all I need to keep me motivated.
>>
File: IMG_20160430_165703.jpg (127 KB, 735x980) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160430_165703.jpg
127 KB, 735x980
do I look dyel yet? Started lifting two months ago, hit lmao1pl8 bench today.
>>
I feel some pain inside my right elbow when I bench press. What is this, and how can I correct it?
>>
>>36988261
Dont worry about how you look m8, worry about how you feel. Normal fags dont know shit about what a strong body look like, so they are not going to give a shit if you got a lot of confidence.

>>36988267
You can video your lift and check form, also stretching can cure a lot of joint pain. I can also be from over use. If you are more focused on adding wewight to the bar than keeping good form, you might be damaging your joints. The only way to cure that shit is to rest.
>>
>>36988267
Check your form is the first step
If your form is fine, rest it for a week or so.
If it continues, seek medical
>>
What are the negatives of a mainly high carb diet?
>>
>>36988341
Negatives can be fat gains if you areexceeding your caloric limit. Thats it.
>>
File: keniskill.png (133 KB, 300x258) Image search: [Google]
keniskill.png
133 KB, 300x258
My lat insertions are so high and it ruins my back width

My lats are crazy strong and thick for my level of training (somewhere between 12 or 14 months after a year long hiatus from sport conditioning lifting), and as a youngster I intend to delve deeper into natural body building

However, I understand that back width is key to the aesthetics of the back and I train my back well enough 3 days for back and 3 days of legs that contain diddies, but my insertions make anywhere below my middle ribs have almost no noticable width during a spread because my lats end like half way down my ribs

this gives me a nice y-taper but as I've said no width

any ways to fix this or am I fukt

also i can post my lifts and shit if you guys want
>>
>>36986938
>or taking stimulants (eg coffee),

Only way I can think coffee would help is that it makes you want to be more active. Stims with no exercise would do nothing, correct?

I get only light exercise usually.

>>36986862
>satiating
>>36986938
>replacement

Explains it better I guess. Thanks. Only other thing I've seen them recommend is ridiculous rates of water consumption.
>>
>>36988372
So for example, if Anon were to eat mostly carbs all day but stayed below their caloric limit nothing bad would occur?
>>
>>36988317
>>36988327
All right, will do thanks
>>
How do I stop wasting so much time? I quit playing video games three months ago because it was hampering my life and that got me back into the gym and more focused on studying but I still find myself sitting around with a lot of time. Would it be safe to play vidya with this time? One can only study so much.
>>
File: 0242762_l.jpg (48 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
0242762_l.jpg
48 KB, 1000x1000
>>36982344
How often do you do preventative maintenance on your barbells? I sprayed a little light lubricating oil into the revolving bits and it made a noticeable difference. Much easier to handle, even on the slow lifts.
>>
>>36988709
If you're getting shit done, you don't have to feel bad about having down time. But yeah, vidya is cancer.
>>
>>36982344
Any good routines if i can only workout once a week?
>inb4 not gonna make it
>>
>>36989272
How much time do you have that one day?
>>
Is fresh made bread at home any nutritionally different than that bought at stores?
>>
>>36988709
Everything in moderation my friend.
>>
How long would i take for a 6'2 207 pound bro to lose weight only by dieting?

Is it a bad plan to first lose weight then build muscle?
>>
Should I devote an entire day to arms? I feel as though it is superfluous, given that I hit them up after chest and back day. Would you recommend it for huge arms /fit?
>>
I'll give it a shot, fuck it.

Is a 5 to 5.5 inch dick big enough?
>>
>>36989591
it depends on how much is fat or muscle, look for around .5 lbs a week (you will lose water-weight at first, so shed like 3 pounds the first week). It would'nt be too difficult to do 1 lb a week if you were already fat, but it would mean being a nazi about nutrition and cardio.
>>
>>36989677
in the dark yeah. Just get good at eating pussy and no one will care.
>>
I used to be able to do 20 pullups/chinups a while back ago, but now I can only do like 5. I haven't gained any weight and I've been lifting steady progression, anyone know why?
>>
>>36984155
Shoulder problems with lat raises comes down to three issues
Strength (too much weight)
Imbalance (work on stretching, towel pulling etc for like 3 months, look up that shit dog)
tightness(look up shoulder tightness test, and try out foam rolling etc)
>>
>>36989699

Use it or lose it buddy. Isn't that fucking obvious
>>
>>36989665
Absolutely not. That is stupid dudebro logic. Arms need a lot of frequency with moderate intensity and volume.

Just hit your arms at the end of every workout. Try to progress with reps and weight but remember that it'll be slow.

>>36989591
>Is it a bad plan to first lose weight then build muscle?
Not really. You'll just be going about it the long way around I guess. Rather than just going by the scale try to gain muscle while losing fat slowly- if that's what you want.

>>36989699
20 pullups is way into endurance territory. So if you're not doing them 'fresh' you're going to cap out sooner.
>>
>>36989761
>36989665
That's what I've been doing, so that's good. Thanks for answering!
>>
Just got in the mail, normally a 13 - but these feel a bit tight - will they break in at all or should I send them back and size up?
>>
>>36989917
They will loosen up but it's not that big of a difference in my experience. Tight around where specifically?
>>
>>36983463
Well, I have precisely that habit and my calves are fucking massive.

On the other hand, my toes are fucked up six ways to Sunday. Fairly frequent ingrown toenails and people sometimes comment on my fucked up feet when I wear sandals.
>>
>>36989937
Little bit on the top and sides, perfect length though so I'm hoping a little wear will make these perfect
>>
is there any downside to working out throughout the day instead of all at once? I've been doing it spread out over a few hours. I'm also never sore/fatigued the next day so I just go at it every day. I know overtraining is a thing but if I'm still adding weight and not hurting myself is that a problem?
>>
>>36989966
The top being tight is quite normal. The sides- not so much that it should be uncomfortable. It shouldn't hurt your feet to squat in them hopefully.

In case you have naturally wider feet, the Nike WL shoes run a little wider by the size I have heard.
>>
>>36990040
I do have wider feet than most, but I don't always have to seek out the shoes specifically marked wide

Oh well, I'll break them in during the return window and see what happens
>>
File: StartBody_Rear_PossLumbarHernia.jpg (312 KB, 829x1069) Image search: [Google]
StartBody_Rear_PossLumbarHernia.jpg
312 KB, 829x1069
Does pic related look like herniation through space of grynfeltt? (only seen drawings of it in anatomy class so far). Only visible when flexing back.
Aches sometimes (crampy), especially after lifting shit; aches a lot right now since I just took a shitton of pics to compare against when i make some progress.
>>
>>36984114
After, thats the state its in when it goes into your mouth.
You dont eat your chicken raw do you?
>>
Part of my routine is planking every gym day and I recently hit 3 sets of 90 seconds each. should I keep increasing the time as a way of progressing, or should I start putting weight on my back instead?
if I should start putting weight on, how would you recommend doing that if I only have access to dumbbells?
(I go to the free gym in my apartment complex, so no barbells)
>>
>>36987307
Pistachios is where its at.
Cashews are good too, I dont eat them salted though
>>
Any way to fix my binge drinking problem without having to abstain completely?
>>
>>36991555
drink less

buy smaller bottles
>>
i'm 6'1 250 pounds, down from 339. I've been struggling to go below 240-250ish range ive been stuck here for a long time. I've been having trouble eating at a deficit because im hungry all the time

Is keto adviseable here or is it better to just REALLY buckle down and count calories better. Seems like even when im strict on the deficit the scale isn't budging.
>>
Any body weight routines. Pretty sure I've seen some pictures around here.
>>
If you are to the tomorrow then where the today?
>>
these threads are always dead :(
>>
File: 1410059413386.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1410059413386.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>have good facial hair, broad shoulders, good gains, wide joints etc.
>have very little/sparse and blond body hair
What did I mean by this?

23 years old btw
>>
File: SS-PL.png (7 KB, 791x194) Image search: [Google]
SS-PL.png
7 KB, 791x194
What are the rear raises for?
>>
>>36991867

Upper back strength and shoulder health.
>>
>>36987327
Bump
>>
>>36991888
Could I leave them out/swap them for something?
>>
>>36991919

Some sort of row could be used instead, but that's about it.
>>
Is a low fat diet bad?
>>
>>36991982
If you're a man, yes.
>>
>>36991581
pls respond
>>
>>36991812
It means you're a homosexual
Not even kidding
>>
>>36991982
Yes, fat is an essential nutrient. You should avoid heavily processed fats, like vegetable oils and hydrogenated fats, but animal fats and lightly processed oils like olive and coconut oil are beneficial.
>>
>>36991993
Is 40-50 g per 2400 kcal considered low?
>>
Can I get Liposuction every week instead of cutting?

Maybe some sort of device that automatically scoops out fat like the reverse of the insulin auto-injectors

Perma-bulk mode with no downsides.
>>
>>36992037
You can donate blood platelets every 2 weeks. Best I can do.
>>
>>36992021
I would say so, but again, I eat almost only fat and protein.
>>
>>36992013
>Coconut oil
>Literally 100% saturated fat
no
>>
>>36992054
There's nothing wrong with saturated fat. It's the trans fats that kill you.
>>
>>36982344
I fell for /fa/'s anorexia memes but about three weeks ago I started eating like a human being again and lifting. The only thing that startles me is that I've put on over 20lbs in that 3 weeks.

I don't understand how this is possible. Am I dying?
>>
>>36992059
Saturated fats are less stable in the cell membrane
biology 1
>>
File: 1460694509059.jpg (9 KB, 250x196) Image search: [Google]
1460694509059.jpg
9 KB, 250x196
>>36992010
But I don't like men.
>>
>>36992064
clinical > theoretical
>>
How do I decide if I'm eating enough fats. What's a rule of thumb for that.
>>
>>36992151
When your poop turns pale yellow you're eating enough :^)
>>
>>36992151
black greasy diarrhea -> too much
urge to eat lard with a spoon -> not enough
>>
>>36987662
I think its lava from universal
>>
>>36992075
You have all the signs pointing towards homosexuality
Might as well give it a try
>>
Does 1/2/3/4 pl8s mean you can 5 rep those weights or is it a 1rm number lads?
>>
>>36992285
1rm

When the number of reps is not specified, you can safely assume it means 1 rep so they get to use to quote the biggest most impressive weight possible.
>>
File: 1428604933933.jpg (33 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
1428604933933.jpg
33 KB, 436x436
>>36992176
No, that sounds too gay.
>>
>>36991581
pls respond
>>
Nearly each time I run, after 20-30 minutes I get a weird pinch behind my right knee. The my lower leg becomes mildly numb, and it hurts. Thing is, it prevents me from running the complete duration I would like to (between 40 minutes to an hour). Like today I had to only run 30 minutes because of that.
Any idea what causes that?
>>
File: 1461420526893.jpg (226 KB, 737x601) Image search: [Google]
1461420526893.jpg
226 KB, 737x601
>>36992886
Sounds like it might be caused by running, you should probably cut that shit out and see if it improves. Hope this helps.
>>
>>36992886
Try cycling instead and see if pain is still there.
>>
>>36983825
i eat less protein on rest days
>>
>>36984114
before
>>
>>36992970
I don't have a bike... I'll try this summer but I won't be able before. But when rope jumping (my alternative cardio when it's rainning) I don't have that pain.
>>
>>36992984
Why? If anything you should be eating less carbs.
>>
>>36992321
Ah, I see. In that case those numbers are far from amazing. Unless you're a <65kg woman.

Is this the /fit/ standard? Most somewhat athletic non-manlets could reach this inside of a year natty desu.
>>
I've been doing 40 second sprints but can't anymore bc my wireless headphones broke. Is there any good alternative?
>>
Took me 8 months to go from 160 to 180 did I do good
>>
>>36987584
>It's normal to lose sex drive, penis length (low bloodflow) and energy while on a cut, r-r-right?
Energy loss? Of course, you will always feel like shit while cutting unless you're on stimulants (they take that feeling away temporarily, but because of that you can and will get addicted to them, so don't).
Libido loss? Not so common, but low sex drive/ED is absolutely a consequence of being tired and strung out (that's why stims don't help with it unless they're SNDRAs like MDMA). It's also an effect of sleep issues, see below.

>my circadian rythm is shot to shit, falling asleep at like 8AM and getting up at 3PM usually, good tips on how to fix this?
Sleep hygiene first. If that doesn't work, add light therapy. If it still isn't improving, add melatonin as well. You're going to need to shift your cycle back to when you want/need to be falling asleep. Google these things, they're not simple. But your diet and routine probably aren't very simple either, so you can handle it.
If you can't manage to get any improvement (or it gets worse), ask here or on /adv/ with your self-treatment strategy. Then go to a doctor (especially a sleep specialist): they'll build you a custom treatment plan, then prescribe medication if that fails too, such as agomelatine for circadian reg and modafinil for daytime as a last resort).

And yes fixing this is important, circadian dysregulation fucks with reward pathways (interfering with your enjoyment of food, lifting, and sex: hence the ED), hunger regulation (leptin, ghrelin, orexin), and HGH secretion (only during SWS, which is suppressed when sleep is disturbed).

Frankly everyone should think about this, i'm always surprised at how many people have OCD-tier diet and exercise but neglect their fucked-up sleep.
>>
should i buy lecithin supplement pills or is there enough in flax seed?
>>
>>36991581
Buckle down and count calories, do cardio and the scale will budge, Stay hydrated.
>>
>>36992075
maybe you like to be liked by men
>>
>>36993252
thanks man.
>>
>>36993210
>tfw taking NDRI and getting the worst sleep I've ever had every single night.
Besides sleeping by an east facing window, what can be done sleepanon?
>>
>>36988389
>Stims with no exercise would do nothing, correct?
No, all stims raise BMR. Pound a few espressos and watch your heart start beating faster, notice your rougher breathing, hear your stomach churning, feel your mind tense up and worry.
Sitting in a chair like that for 2 hours will burn more calories than doing the same thing after drinking water.
Depressants, on the other hand, lower BMR (except in cases of paradoxical reaction/NMS): Valium/Xanax/etc calm you down and slow your heart, breathing, etc.

Taking stims to cut is unnecessary, though, not to mention dangerous. It's like taking a pill of the shittiest cardio ever, with tons of side effects and high addiction potential to boot. Better just do the best cardio you can, it's much healthier in the long term and preserves muscle mass better.

>>36988393
>if Anon were to eat mostly carbs all day but stayed below their caloric limit nothing bad would occur?
No, biggest effect is that they'd lose muscle mass unless they were juicing or had little to begin with (too little protein), plus a bunch of other shit.
But they won't gain wait if that's what you're asking.

>>36989513
>Is fresh made bread at home any nutritionally different than that bought at stores?
Not that much. Micro stuff mainly. Unless we're comparing to wonderbread or some shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-01-11-07-50.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-01-11-07-50.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
What should i do?
>>
I kind of want to try and do a month without having my protein shakes after I train each day but I am struggling in what to fill it within as I don't want to end up eating excess amounts of the other protein products I eat.
>>
>>36992886
>Nearly each time I run, after 20-30 minutes I get a weird pinch behind my right knee. The my lower leg becomes mildly numb, and it hurts. Thing is, it prevents me from running the complete duration I would like to (between 40 minutes to an hour). Like today I had to only run 30 minutes because of that.
Be extremely careful about this, it's one of the types of pain you should never ignore/"run through" (since it may be pressure, nerve entrapment, or claudication: running through these things tends to make them worse). When the pain comes on, stop immediately, use standard massage and RICE if needed.

First of all, try changing your shoes. Go to a podiatric-type store if you can find one (try checking local malls), and hop on the machines they have that test your stance/gait: they can help you pick a good shoe and tell you directly if you have a problem that needs orthotics (like flat feet).
Run in the new ones for a few weeks or so and see if it improves.

Then try running barefoot. If it's ok like that, you're doing something seriously wrong on the shoe side and should ask a friend to help (they'll notice things like laces being excessively tight, feet rolling badly when hitting the ground), or see a prodiatrist.
After that, try with compression stockings (the kind that cover the entire calf). this will help if it's a vein drainage problem, and may make it worse if it's the start of compartment syndrome (which means see a doctor ASAP).

If it doesn't go away with this stuff, see a doctor, since it's probably nerve entrapment (everything from sciatic down has that tendency). You're probably too young to have major claudication due to deposits (my grandpa has it since he's a hardened alcoholic in his 70s with a liver so fucked-up it can't control calcemia so his arteries are full of chalk).
As for compartment syndrome, pray to whatever God you believe in that it's not that.
>>
>>36989478
Like 1-1.5 hours
>>
>>36993531
please respond
>>
>>36993645
Well, at least it's not cancer!
Joke aside, thanks for your answer! I guess I'll go see a MD. Never seen podiatric shops, and anyway they'll tell me to go see a doctor first (and I can't run barefoot).
>>
>>36985719
>>36986030
>>36989730
It's more to do with the joint in my shoulder I feel, like in my armpit it sort of pops outwards, it's honestly so hard to describe

don't worry lads, I appreciate the effort anyway
>>
>>36991481
>>36992994
okay so which one is it
>>
File: Methylphenidate_LevelCurve_2.jpg (31 KB, 516x333) Image search: [Google]
Methylphenidate_LevelCurve_2.jpg
31 KB, 516x333
>>36993474
Guessing you're taking it for ADHD?
First thing you gotta do is stop taking it anywhere near sleep if you aren't narcoleptic (and even if you are it's often a bad idea), remember that it fucks up sleep for longer than its peak effect since the brain has to adjust both during the rise and the drop, and the drop is much longer. Just look at the scale on this chart. If it's prescribed by a doctor or nurse they probably told you this shit already. What are you on, how long, and how close to sleep are you taking it atm?

If it's causing abnormal sleep disturbances (eg night terrors, vivid and disturbing dreams, waking sleep paralysis events, sleepwalking, wet dreams, etc) then those usually go away in a week or so, if they don't then see your doc and they'll switch you to a different one.

Keep in mind that unless you're taking it for pure dopamine increase (eg adjunct for parkinson's) then the sleep disturbance is fucking you over in one of the worst ways possible: it can even make your condition worse over time. The last thing someone with a sleep disorder needs is worse sleep, the last thing an ADHD patient needs is fatigue, poor concentration, and memory issues, and the last thing a depressed person needs is more irritability and lower mood. If this doesn't improve quickly, you gotta change meds.

>>36993501
Chest, looks small compared to abs
Delts and lats for better V, you need it
Back, probably (people forget)
Glutes
>>
5'10", 275 pound fatty here.

I've lost about 40 pounds since September, and I honestly haven't felt this good in years.

I started just by cutting. But at the end of March, I started going to the gym and more accurately counting my calories, and so I've lost almost 10 pounds during April.

Am I losing weight too quickly?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.