[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to squat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
When I'm coming out of the hole from a squat it becomes harder for me to keep an upwards torso the more fatigued i am, so my ass ends up moving up faster at first, the angle at my hips becomes more acute, and so my torso leans a bit more forward than usual, until i come out of the hole.

IS THIS NORMAL OR AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG
>>
>>36980762
suck in your stomach and find a good stance with your feet
>>
>>36980854
oh shit it's exactly like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXGsdUyVbEM
you see how his ass moves up much faster? The other squat videos that i find ppl dont seem to be using as much weight as they can so they don't show this pattern, only happens when im fatiguing myself like that
>>
Yes, this is a thing, I've had trouble with it.

Helps a bit to slow down the movement some, with less bouncing at the bottom. I find that if I stop thinking about my back, then my hips allow it to dip a bit too far forward and this happens. It's fixable.
>>
>>36980949
but like, is it bad? or is my body just adjusting for the center of gravity or some shit?
>>
>>36980762
>>36980915
SL says to do low bar and with low bar the form is different from high bar. With high care it strictly up right. Watch video of All Things Gym and look at their squat.
Lower the weight until you mastered the form. And increase weight from there-on.
>>
>>36980961
Yea it's sorta bad. You can strain your back. It's a degenerate form and so it's most likely to occur when you're tired, like you say.

Strengthening your back will help this, as that's probably the point of failure for this (do back extensions as an accessory after squat or something).

Especially if you're new it can kind of take your low back a while to catch up to your legs, and squat and DL can feel unbalanced until you hit the groove.
>>
thanks anons
>>
>>36980985
Yea; with low bar the back should move forward a bit (but not too far). High bar you're pretty close to vertical the whole way. I'd suggest low bar.

Low bar back angle explained in like three minutes, from none other than Rip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvEn6ZbfqT8
>>
this might be helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C7WDDx7LwU
>>
>>36981028
yes perfectly accurate thanks
>>
Is either version better for shorter people? I'm 5'8 manlet mode and i'm still kinda fat and not that flexible. Should I be trying to get both down or is one easier/better for smaller legs?
>>
>>36980991
hips shooting up actually means your legs (mainly quads) are weak so they are extending the knee without actually moving the bar much and then the back has to do most of the work. Strengthening the back will only extenuate this flaw.
>>
I've had this problem for more than a year. Do front squats as an accessory, it helped some
>>
Use less weight. You should never sacrifice form.
>>
>>36981103
Yea if it's firing out during a high bar squat or something, like in this:
>>36981028
Then you're probably right. I was assuming something else low-bar-wise.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.