[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I read the sticky and according to this: Cutting Diet: Calories:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_o4asvtfdDZ1ukb6wyo4_250.png (62 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4asvtfdDZ1ukb6wyo4_250.png
62 KB, 240x240
So I read the sticky and according to this:
Cutting Diet:
Calories: TDEE - 500 calories
Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight
I should be consuming 331.5 grams of protein?
How does that make any sense or is my math wrong?

Thanks for any reply
>>
>>36979856
Well now that you a valid point all the sticky worshipping cucks (most of fit) will try to avoid this
>>
Duh just eat 2.5 lbs of chicken everyday come on bro
>>
>>36979856
1.5 grams per kilogram dude
>>
eat -500 calories and try to get your macro ratios at around 50% carb, 30% protein, and 20% fat
>>
>>36979856
Eat that in lean body mass.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lbm_calculator.htm

There are better ones, cbf looking.
>>
>>36979892
what if I follow a 5% carb, 55 % fat and 45 % prot?
>>
>>36979913
Just eat a balanced diet unless you've got doc supervision.

Keto diets are good but fuck up your T3 if you use it too often. Those extreme diets work better if you're not natty and supplement T3 or AAS in order to maintain metabolism and muscle mass.
>>
1 g per lb lean body mass
>>
File: tumblr_o4asvtfdDZ1ukb6wyo7_250.png (62 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4asvtfdDZ1ukb6wyo7_250.png
62 KB, 240x240
>>36979935
what if just want to prevent myself from going catabolic?
>>
>>36979913
Too few carbs means more protein going towards those functions rather than builing muscle, slower gainz.
Too much fat will kill you.
>>
>>36979913
fear of carbs is a scam for soccer moms. Carbs are energy - your body needs them if you're gonna be working out. And honestly fucking everything has carbs, the only way to get so few carbs is if you're intentionally cutting them out. Like the other anon said if you just eat normal foods like a normal human you'll be fine.
>>
IT SHOULD BE 2 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER KILOGRAM OF LEAN MASS!
Your fat storages dont need protein. Your muscles do.
If you are average height, everything between 120g and 180g is okay.
>>
>>36979856
"read the sticky"

From the sticky
>You want around one gram per pound of bodyweight worth of protein (e.g. if you weigh 150lbs, eat 150g protein. If you get a little less, it won't matter, but 1g/lb of bodyweight is a good rule of thumb)[1] [2] [3] [4][5]

Boom. Now you only need 221 grams. I just saved you 110.5 grams per day.

But wait! There's more! Clicking on some of those little numbers in the sticky leads to primary sources. Reading them:

>Initial findings support use of dietary at levels above 1.5 g/kg . d during weight loss.

>Our consensus opinion is that leucine, and possibly the other branched-chain amino acids, occupy a position of prominence in stimulating muscle protein synthesis; that protein intakes in the range of 1.3-1.8 g · kg(-1) · day(-1) consumed as 3-4 isonitrogenous meals will maximize muscle protein synthesis

It seems the sticky's summary is actually wrong. Most studies conclude an average of 1.5 grams per kilogram, not pound.

Now you only need about 150 grams. Or less than half of what you first thought.
>>
>>36979948
You're catabolic in a caloric deficit.
If you don't want to be then eat surplus or take unicorn piss tren.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.