[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'M NEVER GOING TO MAKE IT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: statue[1].jpg (62 KB, 265x318) Image search: [Google]
statue[1].jpg
62 KB, 265x318
Please help.
I've been on Starting Strength for almost 4 months now and the only real gains I've managed to make have been on my squats. (40kg -> 90kg)

My bench has barely moved from my original 40kg. It fluctuates from 45kg ->50kg depending on the day.
I feel nothing on my chest when I do it; only my arms.

My The Press has not even reached 1-plate and has been stalled on 27.5/30kg

My Deadlift has gone from 60kg->90kg and also stalled.
It also kills my legs and doesn't effect my lower back at all.

I'm so close to giving up at this point, /fit/. What the fuck do I do?
>>
How much do you weigh, what is your height, what is your diet, and how much sleep are you getting?

How would you rate your form on your exercises?
>>
File: nevergonnamakeit.jpg (73 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
nevergonnamakeit.jpg
73 KB, 507x338
>>36977609

sounds like you're not eating enough
how do you stall at sub 2pl8 deadlift
>>
>>36977609

Read the last part of http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs
>>
>>36977609
you cant do a 60kg+ deadlift? i brought in a 100% newbie and he could do that
>>
>>36977609
>tfw the first time I ever touched a barbell, I lifted more than you do now

Thanks for the ego boost, op
>>
I know this has become a meme, but a lot of this shit is either down to crappy form or crappy diet.
>>
You won't see progress of you just bench for your chest. Throw in flies or cable flies and incline and flat dumbbell press.

When I started I did the SS meme with only flat bench and I didn't feel it. Wasn't until I added more shit that I actually felt a burn and was sore the next day or two
>>
>>36977632
>Weight
65kg
>Height
5'8"
>Diet
Vegetarian (can't budge on this I'm afraid) Lots of soya milk, peanut butter, oats, broccoli, sweet potato, peas, sweetcorn, cauliflower, rice etc.
Haven't been counting macros since the starting strength philosophy seems to be: "Just eat everything you can" although I'm not doing that 5000 calories GOMAD shit.
>Sleep
6.5-7.5 hours per night. I'm working a lot at the moment; around 55 hours per week with late nights and early starts.
>Form
I would say my squat form is excellent beyond a doubt and I always go just below parallel. Feels like a very natural movement to me.

Deadlift seems fine but for some reason it kills my quads and does nothing for my back. I've tried doing a narrower stance but it hasn't helped. Not an enjoyable exercise but not an unnatural movement.

Benchpress is hard to tell since I can't see myself in a mirror. I will say I have trouble arching my back. It feels like a very unnatural exercise to me. No idea why it's so popular.

Overhead press seems fine. I rest it on the collarbone and almost graze my nose on the way down. A couple times I've given it a bounce because I'm so frustrated that I can't lift more weight. I hate this exercise.
>>
>>36977693
this
and work your triceps
>>
>>36977773
Count how many kilocalories you are getting for the next week. Measure everything you eat using a scale. I do not think you are eating as much as you claim to be.

Try and get more sleep too, preferably 8+ hours. Nothing less than 7.

How long are your legs when compared to your torso? Are you just squatting the bar off the ground when deadlifting?

Try adding in incline bench 3x5 on the days you flat bench. This might help you with your press.
>>
>>36977873
>How long are your legs when compared to your torso?
Anatomically? My legs are what I would call disproportionately longer than my torso. As for squatting the bar off the floor, I'm not sure what you mean.
>>
>>36977773
Count calories and eat more lentils and buy some brown rice/pea protein. Vegetables add barely any calories to your diet.
>>
>>36977609
>My The Press

Fuck off you meming little spunk stain, you've been lifting 4 fucking months.

EAT MORE, LIFT MORE CUNT
>>
>>36977909
What kind of calorie count should I be aiming for?
>>
Are you gaining weight? If you aren't, why did you wait 4 months to fix it, this is quite literally the #1 thing SS tells you to do: gain weight

>>36977773
>65kg
spooky
>>
>>36977609
Don't do starting strength. Its bullshit.

Make a simplified Push/pull/Legs (or push/legs/pull) program tailored to the exercises YOU want to do.

Make sure flys and DB presses are included as they will develop the fuck out of your chest and boost your bench.

I'm new to lifting but in 50 days I've gone up almost 30 pounds on my bench press.

Try to do an extra set of bench with just a tiny bit more weight (even 2.51bs) every week or so. Get as many reps in as you can. Even if its only three reps, do them like they're your last reps on earth.

Eat right. Hit your macros.

You don't need to focus only on compound exercises that don't even fully target the chest. DB presses are essentially for building the stabilizing muscles that help you bench better. Plus, only doing bench increases the chance of uneven development. Do both.

Fuck the SS meme. you're an adult and its okay to train like one. there's nothing wrong with doing isolations as a beginner as long as you take your own pace. Train like the lifter YOU want to be.

SS might be good for some people but I'm sick and tired of it getting recommended to every beginner. Like what? Just because I'm weak and skinny I can't benefit from doing tricep extensions? Fuck off. Even if you're using 5 pound weights, if its a good workout for you do it.

You will swell the fuck up.
>>
>>36977926
Scoobys workshop has a good tdee (total daily energy expenditure) calculator. This will tell you the bare minimum you need to eat. But at your size I would estimate you need about 2800 per day, and you need to be mindful of protein.

It's easy for vegetarians to not get enough calories and protein so they will work out for years and never progress. An entire head of cauliflower is only 144 calories and has 11 grams of protein. Do you really think you eat the equivalent of 20 heads of cauliflower per day, every single day without fail? I doubt it. I hope you do dairy and eggs because those will be great sources for you. A 24 Oz glass of milk has more than twice the calories and protein of a head of cauliflower, and being liquid it won't fill you up.
>>
>>36977773

>Vegetarian.

How in the actual fuck do you expect to make gains?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.