[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/ I have 8$ a week for food, whats the cheapest food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 101453713-123934666.530x298.jpg (31 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
101453713-123934666.530x298.jpg
31 KB, 530x298
Sup /fit/ I have 8$ a week for food, whats the cheapest food I can buy?
>>
Beans and rice
>>
Ramen tuna and boiled eggs
>>
>>36972149
Mayonnaise
>>
You won't be able to buy any meaningful food items with just $8 - you have to buy items in bulk which will cost more money initially, but the cost per meal will be much lower than if you bought the food in lower quantities
>>
>>36972149
Tap water/beans/rice diet
Good luck anon
>>
>>36972149
8 1$ items from McDonalds?
>>
>>36972433
That wouldn't last me a week and there's nothing at mcdonalds in canada you can get for 1$
>>
>>36972149
potatoes, rice, pasta, carrots, onions, eggs, cabbage, beans...
>>
Learn from the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9HMej4NmBw
>>
File: 1451579673130.jpg (105 KB, 900x747) Image search: [Google]
1451579673130.jpg
105 KB, 900x747
>>36972924
but really though is it possible
>>
>>36972149
Brown rice - Where I live in the US it's sub $2 for 2lbs of the stuff, which makes a lot of cups of rice.

Black Beans - Same price as brown rice, will last you MUCH longer than brown rice. Calorie dense and high in macros and some micros. It's definitely a go to food for a lot of people here.

Eggs - Jumbo eggs are marginally more expensive than the other eggs, cost me about $1.68 for a dozen, but they're much larger than say, medium eggs. They're the largest commercial eggs you can buy without spending stupid money. 1 Jumbo = 2 Medium thereabouts.

Asparagus or another dark leafy green - A roll of asparagus or two will easily last you a week as well anon, and the price per pound is relatively good as well. High in fiber and various other nutrients. Wonderful veggie all around.

Your shopping list could look like this

Brown Rice
Eggs (2)
Black Beans
Asparagus

All of that should cost sub $8, allowing some wiggle room for taxes. Best thing is you can fry the eggs and rice together along with the beans and asparagus to create some sort of stir fry that would be be absolutely god tier.
I wish you the best OP. We're all gonna make it.
>>
Red beans and rice, and canola oil.
>>
>>36972149
Whole milk and potatoes.

Try to get some more money or try to find some gardener who you can trade labour for food with.
>>
>>36973131
this. though I'd probably go for green beans over asparagus. any green would probably do, I guess
>>
>>36973131
>cost me about $1.68 for a dozen

fug, where are you getting these from?
>>
>>36973307
Almost any sort of dark green shit would work, be it green beans, asparagus, broccoli, etc. I just eat asparagus myself and it's tasty AF.

>>36973348
I get them at a neighborhood/localized grocery store chain in my area, Hyvee.

Mediums run about 1.18, Large is 1.28, Extra large is 1.48, and Jumbo being 1.68.

I believe that's how the prices go.

That said, when a Jumbo egg = 2x Medium egg it's an obvious winner.
It's like going to the store and seeing a 20 OZ cost the same price as a liter, and a 2 liter costing $2. Don't drink soda anymore though but it's the best comparison.
>>
How much of a piece of shit do you have to be to only have $8 a week for food? Get a fucking job OP.
>>
>>36974194
he posted the same thing yesterday. Got good advice on food and finances, didn't listen to anyone, reposted instead.

OP is a fucking twit
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.