[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Squatting - High Volume training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1456123165414.jpg (83 KB, 414x610) Image search: [Google]
1456123165414.jpg
83 KB, 414x610
Recently i've been squatting heavy, usually sticking to triples, doubles, and singles. I used this method to achieve a new PR, which i've hit twice in a row now. Instead of going into the gym and doing the same rep scheme, triples, doubles, working up to a heavy single, i wanted to try some volume.

If i throw in some volume, such as doing 7-8 reps vs only 2 or 3 per set, while also performing 6 sets will this be a waste of time? My goal right now is just to increase my 1 rep max. I don't want to spend a week deviating from that, but I think throwing in a day like this would be beneficial. Can anyone give me some advice??

I've also been performing the same triple, double, single pyramid for many weeks now consistently.
>>
>>36971857

Take a look at any powerlifting program. candito, sheiko, nuckols...

fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs
>>
>>36971885
thanks for replying trappy - should i just jump on a program? i was gunna take some amp and just go balls out with volume for a fun day desu
>>
>>36971978
wait, what word changed to desu? i didn't type desu
>>
To be honest chamges to desu.

Try 20 rep/breathing squats, its an old school technique. A weight you can squat for ten or twelve reps, forced out to 20.
You can find programs built around it with a quick google or look on T-Nation m8
>>
>>36972068
*changes, fuck
>>
>>36972068
awesome, good site i like their stuff to be honest
>>
>>36971986
Get out.
>>
>>36973331
Great squatting advice thanks
>>
File: ssssdf.png (757 KB, 601x663) Image search: [Google]
ssssdf.png
757 KB, 601x663
>>36971857
I was reading pic related last night and the authors talked about this I think.. something about protein synthesis when high volume vs high weight.. something like if you do high weight and low reps or lots of reps but little weight.. sometimes you end up with the same thing because you are doing same volume.. i duno you need to read that shit it's all scientific and stuff.. the opposite of what you will find here of course.
>>
>>36973331
>being new is a sin
fuck off, dickhead
>>
>>36973916
lol i get what your saying
Squatting 1 rep of 300 vs squatting 3 reps of 100

both instances you squat 300 lbs, so the volume is the same however there are still many differences. Really im just curious to know if squatting similar if not equal volume, but with a different CNS stimuli will push me in the right direction to my goal or not... I'd like someone to give me some info about that from experience

I was thinking of doing 275 triples for as many sets as possible, or like 245 6x6 or 225 10x10
>>
>>36973639
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

GO BACK TO, REDDIT
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.