[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
Old one is become die.
What's wrong with using exclusively machines in my workouts?
Pros: Convenient, form is never an issue, no spotter needed. My goal is just aesthetics and I won't be competing or anything. So long as diet is in order and progressive overload is in place is there anything wrong with having a mechanic routine?
>>
>>36957217

Form is often an issue with machines. The inability to adjust the motion to fit your proportions/injuries/goals/etc can screw things up pretty badly.
>>
>>36957217

Stabilizers.

Just work with free weights.

There's nothing more lame than a guy who looks big but can't lift for shit.
>>
File: 1461393054316.png (338 KB, 739x558) Image search: [Google]
1461393054316.png
338 KB, 739x558
Is homemade fried rice bad for cutting? Ingredients are pretty much just rice (though I went a little light on the amount in it), chicken, a heap of random veges, s&p, egg and a tiny bit of worchestor & soy sauce.
>>
Never, ever mix your whey with energy drink.

I just wanted to share with you this awful experience.
>>
File: 55528193_p0.jpg (335 KB, 1153x1308) Image search: [Google]
55528193_p0.jpg
335 KB, 1153x1308
What does a girls armpit taste like?
>>
File: 2016-04-28 03.31.19.jpg (1 MB, 1060x1883) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-28 03.31.19.jpg
1 MB, 1060x1883
What the fuck is this
>>
>>36957670

That appears to be an ab crunch machine.
>>
>>36957295
IFFYM but rice is a shitload of carbs for a cut.
>>
So, I know about the yo-yo effect, basically a fatty loses a bunch of weight, goes back to their regular eating habits and gain it all back thanks to ignoring calories.

How long should I eat at maintenance for when I hit my goal weight before bulking?
>>
How bad can squat ass get?

I can't squat for shit but it's still happening. Don't really want to look like grill desu.
>>
>>36957758
It's bretty good girls pinch my butt a lot and laugh. Don't you want people pinching that cute little ass anon?
>>
File: 1454482373325.png (150 KB, 929x1157) Image search: [Google]
1454482373325.png
150 KB, 929x1157
>>36957791

Maybe if my ass gets swole enough, someone will love me.
>>
if you develop your muscles using machines you'll probably find that you create innumerable problems with your joints, tendons, posture etc from developing your muscles in such a random, unnatural and specific movement pattern.

additionally they are plain less effective than heavy compounds for adding mass and aesthetics. all the good physiques you have seen were probably developed largely via free weights.

also, you only need a spotter for benching, and even then only if you plan on going to or close to failure.
>>
>>36957274
What about the guides on the machines regarding proportions? Examle: Shoulder press machine instructs you to have the handles up to collar bone level. Still messes you up?
>>
>>36957756
If you're planning to bulk up after dieting down, your concerns are pretty much irrelevant. The yo-yo effect is only a problem for somebody who wants to maintain a lower bodyweight after losing weight.
Although of course you should just add 1500 calories to your daily intake from one day to the other. Just slowly reverse the process once you're happy with your bodyfat percentage.
>>
>>36957840
the chances of you fucking yourself up using a shoulder press are much higher than using free weights (which will build your shoulders better than the fucking shoulder press)
>>
I asked this before, but i dont think i got an answer. I went from 5'8 135lbs to 170lbs in the span of 5 months. Is this weight gain too rapid? I feel like i still look skelly
>>
>>36957845
How about I hit my goal weight, then shift to a bulk over a month? That way I get a little break from the half-year diet.
>>
>>36957853

youre underage, get the fuck out faggot
>>
>>36957853
Post pic. That is an awful lot of weight to gain that quickly.
>>
>>36957853
that's 1.7 pounds a week. not terrible.
>>
My goal: broad shoulders/v taper look and visible abs.

Routine to achieve this:
AxxxAxx

Shoulder press 3x6-8
Chin-ups 3xF
Seated rows (wide grip)
Weighted crunches and russian twists

Diet will be in order. Is this enough to achieve my goal? Will I look ok?
>>
>>36957879
according to BMI he's overweight now. Almost 2 pounds a week is about the dirtiest you can bulk.
>>
File: ephedrin hcl.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ephedrin hcl.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
where can I buy ephidrin in germany?
>>
>>36957217
There are several POTENTIAL problems with machines. Mainly that they're easy. There's truth to the saying "if it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you". The fact is that machine training does not disrupt homeostasis to nearly the same extend that heavy barbell lifts do. In other words, training on machines won't force nearly the same amount of adaptation i.e. GAINZ as training using heavy, free weights will.
On the other hand, for much the same reason, machine training isn't as hard to recover from either. This means that they can be useful for adding some extra volume to your training once you've kickstarted the adaptation process with some REAL training.

Potential issue #2 is that because the machines lock you into position and have very low stabilization requirements, the strength gains aren't very transferable to other activities. For example, you can be very strong on the chest press machine, but try to pick up a barbell and be completely humiliated. Whereas if you'd been training on the barbell bench press and never done the chest press machine before, you can pretty much sit down and still dominate it.

Potential issue #3 is that because once again you're locked into position, machine training CAN actually be quite dangerous on the long-term (although some machines are worse than others in this regard). How many individuals do you see who have the exact same anthropometry? Not many. For this reason, it can be a big problem when most machines aren't sufficiently adjustable to the individual - You'll be locked into a movement pattern that isn't ideal for you. The result can be that you'll begin to experience little nagging pains (just like if you'd been doing free weight exercises with poor form) that soon turn into actual injuries.

On a more personal note, in my opinion there's just no sense of achievement when training on machines. Because there's no skill component, and because it never gets truly hard (it really doesn't) it's just no fun
>>
>>36957885
It doesn't work like that. It's a common misconception that we can just pick and choose what muscles to develop and what to ignore. it's a shitty idea. As a physiotherapist I can tell you that this kind of training inevitably leads to imbalances, and that imbalances are always an injury waiting to happen.

Besides, trust me when I say that you WILL look a hundred times better when everything is developed in proportion. It's cool that you value the v-taper look more than other muscles that don't contribute to this particular look, but I guarantee that I person who's got the v-taper along with everything else looks so much better than someone who's only got the v-taper and nothing anywhere else.
Train the body in a balanced fashion, always.
>>
File: Plank.png (31 KB, 3085x1572) Image search: [Google]
Plank.png
31 KB, 3085x1572
What's the way to do a plank?
I've seen it recommended both ways online.
>>
>>36957985
Neither is necessarily more correct but there's a bigger chance to screw up if you're going for the bottom option.
It's important to ensure that your pelvis is posteriorly tilted during the exercise i.e. the front of your pelvis is pulled up towards your navel and the back of your pelvis is pulled down towards your butthole.
You can go even more extreme than the top version and do a so-called "hollow position plank". That's what gymnasts do.

As a little bonus info, you don't have to hold the plank for time, if you happen to find that boring, you can hold it for "breaths" instead: exhaling completely causes an intense contraction of your abs. See how many times you can empty your lungs 100% before you collapse on the floor.
Another option that's good for strengthening the abs is the "RKC plank".
>>
from /fa/
want to start lifting
SS to start, obviously, but the gym i would be going to mostly has machines, not sure if they have any squat racks

so my question, can i do SS with just machines and dumbbells?

if not, what's a beginner routine i could do with the equipment available

125 lbs trying to get around to 135-140
>>
>>36958012
>Neither is necessarily more correct but there's a bigger chance to screw up if you're going for the bottom option.
Well that's good to hear, thanks anon
>>
Disregard half the bullshit in this thread. If your goal is to get a pump then machines are a tool that will help you do that. Use them to finish your routine once you've hit your preferred free weight exercises to failure or if you hit a range of motion with a machine that you like.
>>
File: 20160428_013002-1.jpg (654 KB, 1890x2645) Image search: [Google]
20160428_013002-1.jpg
654 KB, 1890x2645
>>36957867

Close. College kid

>>36957868

I dont have a full size mirror right now. My thighs are big as fuck though, but they've always been that way.
>>
>>36958035
>SS to start, obviously
Hahahaha
>>
>>36957217
this anon >>36957924 already put forward a couple good reasons. The main benefit of free weights is that compound movements (such as deadlifts, squats, etc) will release more testosterone in your body, equalling more gains.
The next advantage is that you are working out more muscles at once, helping you achieve an overall balanced, good-looking body.
Third advantage is that you are also working out a lot of small ancillary muscles which don't get targeted by machines (especially in the core). I know you're only in it for the look but think about your health.
Fourth, it's convenient. You can create your whole routine around basically four lifts: deadlift, squat, bench and military press. Those four target your whole body. If you feel lacking (e.g. in biceps), you can always add specific exercises for that muscle group. If you work with machines, you have to do a lot more different exercises to get the same effect.

Apart from that, I've made good experiences with machines, especially when one of my lifts was stalling. Doing a bit of curling really helped me get over a long military press stall.

P.S.: I forgot. If you only rely on free weights, you can very cheaply make your own homegym. Mine cost about $200 and I can listen to music as loud as I want and never need to wait for the squat rack to be free.
>>
>>36958067
i have no clue what the fuck i'm doing, anon
>>
File: InsulinHexamer.jpg (39 KB, 380x398) Image search: [Google]
InsulinHexamer.jpg
39 KB, 380x398
If it's simply calories in/calories out, what about the impact of insulin levels like on intermittent fasting?
>>
>>36958035
You can find dumbbell alternatives to basically any barbell exercise. Do you own googling. There's a decent program called the "Dumbell stopgap" which isn't as good as SS but is decent enough to keep you going until you get a proper GYM.
>>
>>36958035
>so my question, can i do SS with just machines and dumbbells?
Absolutely not. And as you might be able to gather from the rest of the thread, limiting yourself to machines is a mistake. Do you have no other options as far as gyms go?
>>
>>36958079
>You can find dumbbell alternatives to basically any barbell exercise
This is SORT OF true. But only for upper body exercises. You simply cannot replace barbell exercises for the lower body. Your strength will increase too much for it to be practical. Of course, if you have zero ambitions and don't really expect to make any progress longterm, knock yourself out and go dumbbells-only.

(Not hating on DBs - they're useful, but they're not a replacement)
>>
>>36958078
simply calories in/calories out is only a rule of thumb anyway. What do you think your body does with protein?
Protip: if you work out, it won't turn it into calories.
>>
Advice on my Routine? I'm just looking to be more stable, be able to plant myself like a tree ya dig?

Monday: Deadlifts

Bird Dog 10xf
Deadlift 3x5 70lb

Tuesday: Squats

Calf Stretch
ATG Hold
Squats 5x5 70lb

Wednesday: Cardio

Jump Rope 30 mins
Heavy bags 1 hour
Push-ups 10xf

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Cardio

Jump Rope 30 mins
Heavy bags 1 hour
Push-ups 10xf

Saturday: Squats

Calf Stretch
ATG Hold
Squats 5x5 70lb

Sunday: Rest

This routine requires a strict diet. We don't want the legs ballooning, we just want them strong.

-Get plenty of water
-follow the fist size rule
-no meals after 6
>>
>>36958085
>Do you have no other options as far as gyms go?
currently, no
my best option to begin weight training is to use the local community college's gym
however, in the fall, i'll be pursuing a second degree and that campus will have a proper gym

>>36958079
will proceed to look up

>>36958096
so what do you recommend?
i really can't confirm that they lack any barbells as i haven't gone in just yet, but from their website, all i see is cardio bunny machines, resistance machines, and dumbbells
>>
>>36957652
>tfw convinced last gf to let me lick literally whatever part of her body
>armpit was one of them
>she was actually turned on by it
It smells like an armpit but something about the actual smell during sex is fucking crazy and drives you wild. It turns you instantly diamonds. The taste is almost non existent though and your mouth may pucker if they put on deodorant. It was pretty 11/10.
>>
>>36958115

There is no world in which squatting 70lbs is a risk of your legs ballooning. Or getting strong, for that matter.
>>
>>36958096

Are DB upper body exercises necessarily inferior to barbell?
>>
>>36958115

Btw I workout at him if that isn't obvious yet. So when I do my lifts it usually doesn't end after the 5th set. I do it throughout the day and make sure I get comfortable with the weight before I decide to move up 10lb for the next week.
>>
Gonna be travelling around china for a month very soon, won't have access to a gym while I'm over there but will be doing a ton of hiking/climbing

How much of my gains can I realistically expect to lose eating a high protein/high calorie diet with no lifting (except some callisthenics) and loads of cardio in a month
>>
File: 1327693934501.jpg (102 KB, 459x624) Image search: [Google]
1327693934501.jpg
102 KB, 459x624
>>36957652
depends a lot on the girl. I've only tasted 3, and 2 of them were asian. Both the asian ones didn't taste like anything really, it was like licking her neck. The white girl was a bit more salty and I guess it was more of a smell than anything that I noticed. Kinda musty/heavy but in a good way.
>>
>>36957217
I feel really queasy today, should I skip my workout in case I over exert myself and throw up?
>>
>>36958117
>so what do you recommend?
I recommend finding a proper gym. Not just for the sake of the equipment and options, but also for the atmosphere. If you surround yourself with a bunch of weak, old farts, you'll get nowhere. Train alongside people you can press your deadlift weight overhead and you'll get somewhere. That's been my experience anyway.

>>36958127
Not necessarily, no. It depends on what you use them for. Let me quote Dr. Mike Israetel:

"Dumbbells are inherently unstable. This instability is detected by your nervous system and your top-end force production is capped. Like trying to jump high when standing on ice or trying to squat a lot from a bosu ball. The whole purpose of heavy weights is to generate high forces, and since dumbbells can't do that, why use them for it? Use them for volume. In addition, because of instability, heavy dumbbells can more easily misgroove and can get you hurt, never mind how annoying it is to get them into position. If you want heavy (which is great), they make barbells for that!"
>>
>>36957670
Medieval dentist's chair :^)
>>
What sport/cardio is best to supplement my lifting?
Basketball is a no-no thanks to shin splints, and I tried climbing but it's not for me.

Also, how is a PHUL/PHAT routine for strength training? I've grown kinda tired of TM, but I want to keep my strength gains up.
>>
>>36958125

I have problems with injury so I'm taking my time with the progressive overload. I know I can go higher, I've reached 140 with both before. But I've learned my lesson about ego lifting.
>>
>>36958142
Swiming>Cylcing>Running
>>
>>36958135
damn, okay
thanks for the advice
i'll most likely end up following a bodyweight routine to do over the next 3-4 months to get back into shape
>>
>>36958148
I cycle every day due to being a Dutchfag and a student, but I'll try swimming. Thanks m8
>>
How do I build my quads right above my knees?

The only squats I do are to the ground like this >>36947534
It seems that it primarily is working my upper legs.
Would bench squats help?

I stopped doing half ROM squats because my gym has no safety bars and once while coming down I didnt have enough strength to stop and I couldnt get off the ground.
>>
I'm looking for a video where they interview some guy/lifter/bodybuilder with a serious mental handicap induced by substance abuse.
I saw it before but can't find it anymore. The reporter basically talks to him while he puts in scoops of something and tells them he fucked himself up genuinely by taking all kinds of roids and what not.
He can't talk like a normal person anymore, probalby because some nerve damage but still he can't stop to do what he does and continues lifting and juicing.

Anybody got the link or even knows what I'm talking about? I know it has been posted here before.
>>
>>36958066
Looks like you gained a lot of fat. You need to make sure that you are getting the right protein and not just taking a ton of calories. But other than the fat thats good muscle gains. Just do cardio and eat cleaner.
>>
is an ABCABCx routine too much?
>>
>>36958745

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends what you're doing and how good your recovery is.
>>
>>36957217
machines have shitty ROM because all people are different
>>
One of my arms is stronger than the other. Is increasing my bench with one arm db bench a few reps at a time, until both arms are capable of 3x8 at the weight I'm currently using, a slow but ok way to progress?
>>
>>36957670
A unicycle
>>
>>36958780
Just make sure the barbell is level all of the time
>>
Can everyone get the full six pack abs? Also what are the king ab exercises?
>>
Can swimming alone with good diet give me a decent looking body? As in not skinny fat, sorry to use this word but 'toned'?
>>
>>36958701
Do some kind of squatting where you focus on maximum forward knee travel (the thing everybody always tells you to avoid) and completely upright torso. Narrow stance. Buttcheeks to ankles.
If your quads start burning so much you want to go home, then you know you're doing it right.
Be sure to warm up properly because it is stressful for your knees.
>>
>>36958986

Nah, depending on your insertions you'll have 4-8 visible pieces. Six is most common though.

>>36958994

Yes, but don't assume that you'll look like a swimmer. That's a false attribution.
>>
>>36957217
reposting from routine general
>So I've been put on anti psychotics and experianced weight gain - 2.5 stone in 2 months, I have access to an exercise bike and dumbells what should I be doing to lose weight? I can work out for 30 minutes every day.
>>
Im pretty new and when im doing bench press i dont feel the muscles of my chest, its more my arms, i think im doing the movement correctly, its normal or im fucking it up?
>>
>>36959136
Film yourself next time, and check it against youtube videos or ask /fit/ for a formcheck.
Also, try different grip widths, that really changed a lot for me.
>>
>>36959148
thanks, i will try that
>>
>>36959000
Thanks. I'll try some narrow stance front squats
>>
File: 1458504504485.gif (2 MB, 910x452) Image search: [Google]
1458504504485.gif
2 MB, 910x452
Is there a way I can reduce my doms quickly? I don't need them to go complete, just toned down a bit. I went a bit crazy when doing biceps and now I can't move my arms painlessly

Pic unrelated
>>
>>36959195
work out through it after one light workout it'll go away
>>
>>36959195
once you warm up the muscle during a workout with light weights it'll go away and you won't even feel it during the workout
>>
>>36959195
>>36959235

Yeah get that blood flowing and work it off. Faster than just resting.
>>
>>36957217
how do I leave humanity behind?
>>
>>36957217
you need too many machines to cover your body.

Machines that does compound movements, hacksquat, bench machine, etc all requires technique.
You still need to know the technique of the movement is similar. So if you dont want to learn any technique then you need to do isolations. And that requires to many machines

Other cons:
-Bad strength carryover to other movements.
-It doesn't give the same systemic stress as doing compound movements.
-Does not train coordination
>>
I keep getting a cramp in my leg when I try to bench with a slight arc in my back, what am I doing wrong.
>>
>>36959290
Your hip flexors are tight as fuck. Do mobility work for them (the psoas and rectus femoris mainly, possibly the sartorius also)
>>
>>36958078

IF is good in that it makes you skip a meal every day (Breakfast). Don't buy into the "body burns more fat during starvation period". Just condition yourself to skip breakfast and that's 400-600 kcal you don't have to worry about.
>>
>>36958129
None because you don't have any gains to lose.
>>
anyone got any experience with 5/3/1 and how to program assistance work into it?
>>
How quickly should I bulk as a skelly?

5"7 132lbs atm, in the past 4 months I only gained 5 lbs or so it's pretty emberassing
>>
>>36960446
Same height as you but 180 lbs honestly I would sad try going for 2 lb weight gain/per week for the first 4-6 weeks and then tone it down to 1lb gains until you start looking fat.

The main thing is to bulk for at least 8-10 months dunno if it's just me but those 3 month bulk 1 month cut just don't seem to put on any mass on me.

Gl lad and be consistent at liftan so you wouldn't just become skinnyfat.
>>
What happens to an expired protein? Is it just usual precaution or I should avoid using it? Would be a damn shame
>>
>>36959290
You're just needing more practice with it do some volume work, I used to get cramps in legs and also some soreness in back when I first started benching with arch after 4-6 weeks no issues now and doing 112 kg 3x2
>>
>>36960492
Usually expiry dates on food are somewhat conservative. If it's been in a cool environment throughout its life and you haven't fucked with it leaving it out or something you should be fine unless it's been months since.

Check the smell and taste. Worse that could happen is a bad stomach, in which case you should throw it out.

>>36959675
I question your need to do 5/3/1 if you have to ask here about it. Unless your progress is down to monthly levels you shouldn't have to get on it. If it's still warranted I suggest asking /plg/ instead.

>>36960446
You should be eating like a motherfucker on every meal. Make sure you are eating well above your daily caloric intake everyday. Also do SS.
>>
How long does /fit/ recommend resting between sets? When I do 8 exercises with 3 sets for each, I finish in about 45 minutes. But most people say something like that takes them 75-90 minutes. Do I need to do more warmup sets, rest longer, or both? I usually rest 1-1.5 minutes between sets of the same lift, I go straight to the next lift when I finish the last set. I do one warmup set for OHP, bench, squat, and deadlift, I don't warm up at all for anything else.
>>
so ive been not lifting for a month had some minor surgery, im itching so bad to go to the gym. i can go on saturday, im worried im gonna go to hard and fuck my shit up. any bros that had an experience like this got any tips.
>>
>>36961248
Never did warm up, resting 30 seconds between sets of the same lift, 45 seconds for different exercise. And increasing the weights every week.
>>
>>36957217
Does anyone know any UK supermarkets that sell the /fit/ type of oats? (pinhead/steelcut) I've not been looking very carefully for them, but whenever I've passed through shit like Aldi, all I can find is fucking porridge oats.
>>
>>36961310
Take a good amount of weight off each lift before you do your sets. Do a rep, add some weight if it's too easy, repeat. Slowly build up to a good weight to make sure it isn't straining wherever your surgery was and you'll be fine. Don't try to finish a set or anything if it starts hurting, just go home and take a litte more time off. Better to miss a few workouts than to miss months of workouts.
>>
today is upper day and i wont be able to workout tomorrow - lower day. should i do fullbody today or whole upper and lower day today, finish in 2 hrs + cardio? still got time.
>>
>>36961248
Depends on what you're doing. If you're doing isolation for volume, maybe 1-2 mins rest. If you're going heavy in compounds, 3-5 mins isn't unheard of.
>>
>>36957840
i think you misspelled shoulder snap machine
>>
>>36961248
Rest as long as necessary but not more. You shouldn't be waiting long enough to be letting your muscles and joints go cold. Max effort sets can take up to 10 minutes to recover from. Light isolations shouldn't take more than a minute or two. Generally your waiting period should allow you to do the next set without being bothered by fatigue from the last one.

You absolutely need to warm up, just for whatever compounds you're doing on the day is fine- at least to get the movement right and the muscles warm. Progressively build up to your working set. You shouldn't be doing as many reps that you get fatigued.
>>
I have for every muscle a day in the week. Bis, tris, shoulders, back, abs, chest, legs.
If I wanted to focus more on increasing one muscle, to which day should I add extra excersises. For example, on abs day I do calf raises too. How will it affect my recovery for both of those muscles?
>>
>>36958079
i'd call them backups rather than alternatives. barbell squats and deadlifts cannot be substituted.
>>
>>36961789
>ABS DAY
>bis and tris on different days
>question is about recovery

Praise kek for we have a winner. You should also having a day for taking it in the ass.
>>
> been on a steady cut and exercise program, and weigh myself weekly
>lost about 8 pounds during the last few weeks
>this week, scale says I haven't lost anything, and may have even gained a bit

Did I just hit a weight loss wall? What can I do about it?
>>
>>36961854
what's bad about having bis and tris on different days?
>>
>>36961909
Now I just feel sorry for you. Read the sticky you sadcunt.

>>36961902
AT LEAST fucking post your height and weight you dumb fucking shit. Do you think people here can read minds?
>>
>>36961959
I've read the sticky already. I understand the >abs, but why wouldn't you just brosplit tris and bis?
>>
does anyone have that 14 photo imagur album in a thread like 7hours ago? the one with a blond grill and a microcosmos or whatever tumblr halp guys
>>
>>36962005
I actually had to go check the sticky because of your bullshit.

WHERE on the fucking sticky does it say it's okay to do a brosplit?

For your added clarification, training a bodypart a day (in your case almost a muscle a day) is pure idiocy. Complete recovery takes only 24-48 hours so training once is week is a fucking waste of time. Supercompensation is a thing but you don't need to worry about that.

Do SS you faggot and don't fall for the memes (goodluck).
>>
>>36962217
So you'd recommend a full body workout every 24-48 hours?
(I'm not going to do SS, I've seen some controversy about it, which scares me)
>>
>>36962239
>So you'd recommend a full body workout every 24-48 hours?
Yes which is exactly what SS is.
>>
>>36962255
Thanks
>>
Once I've recovered from my chest day, will it significantly accelerate my gains on the bench if I supplement it with 2-3 days of pushups spread out across the rest of the week?
>>
>>36958994
You'll get some definition. Ottermode at best. You get out what you put in though.
>captcha, select all the salad, kek
>>
>>36962492
You may be better off supplementing your bench with DB flies or incline bench if you don't do those on chest day. Otherwise, I don't see the harm in doing some pushups when you're recovered.
>>
>>36962239
Just do SS and work on anything lagging, either supplementary exercises or isolation. After that you could switch to Texas Method or PPL.
>>
I am on a cut with 1300kcal

Its been 2 weeks and now I don't feel hungry. My stomach has been shrinked. I feel like I am not counting calories correclty but I use myfitnesspal and I am counting every little shit I ate.
lost around 4 pounds.
I am not sure if everything is ok or not : (
>>
Is a few sets of crunches and lying knee/leg raises every night going to strengthen my core a decent amount?

And before you say it I already do front and back squats and deadlifts
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-13-21-16-54.png (255 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-13-21-16-54.png
255 KB, 1080x1920
Got asked out by my trainer yesterday.
I'm pretty nervous as I've had a bit of a crush on him.
Am shy but want to ask for confirmation because of reasons.
How can I ask him casually for confirmation?
>Pic obviously non related
>>
>haven't had a doctor in 10 years
>recently got insurance
>call around to some doctors
>"sorry we're not accepting new patients at this time"

how do I find a doctor /fit/?
>>
Are low carb diets a meme?
>>
>Be 240, 6'
>Get stomach flu
>Decide im tired of being a fatty from eating too much shit
>Hit around 225
>Gut still feels like it hasn't changed
>Man tits still there
>No need to want to eat anything

I-is this normal?
>>
>>36962616
Readjust your caloric target after every 5lb you lose. To me it seems you're eating way too less in order to lose fat faster and unless you've trained continuously for an year that's a futile goal and you'll end up looking like shit. Lift hard and eat at maintainence and do your cardio.
>>36962793
Low carb is good for some people. Of all macros carbs are best to cut back on as most of us have a huge quantity of refined carbs
>>36962619
Try going for excercises that hold your core stable instead of high rep stuff. So heavy compounds like you're doing, planks, side planks, hold the leg raises instead of going high rep etc
>>36962852
You'll just go from fat to skinny fat if you cut calories a lot instead of exercising them away. Use body tape measure, the scale, and maybe body fat calipers to measure progress. Take pictures too.
>>
where are you supposed to do OHP in the gym?

i've been doing it in the power racks after i get done squatting

also where do I do rows too
>>
>>36963000
Nice trips
I'm >>36962793
Should I worry about how much protein/fat I'm intaking while cutting? I've cut my carbs to 100g but I think even that is pretty high still. If I cut it to 50, or 30, I will have to increase my protein and fat in order to keep myself going through the day. Sorry for the newbie nutrition question, but I want to be as effective as I can be with my diet and I know jack.
>>
Grabbed a punching bag for free off a job site. Will hitting at this thing impact me negatively if I'm just using it for some extra cardio?
>>
What's the limit on the amount of eggs you can eat in a day / per week without affecting your health negatively? I'm talking about whole eggs here.
>>
File: homosex undertones.png (820 KB, 862x641) Image search: [Google]
homosex undertones.png
820 KB, 862x641
>>36957217
How 2 enter fridge mode?

I've got an hour glass figure, smallish waist and large hips, would doing oblique work help to fill in the gap a bit?
It's not a huge problem when I'm lean, but I don't plan on staying lean because of my goals.

Anyone here like landmine 180s for obliques?
I'm not too worried about it, but I like the blocky core look.
>>
>>36963101
Find out your RDA for cholesterol, and eat less than that.
>>
>>36963101
As many aggs as you want as long as you aren't exceeding your calorie or protein maximums.

Cholesterol in eggs does not directly translate to cholesterol in your body.
>>
>>36963057
watch videos on how to punch and mYbe invest in some wrist wraps and training gloves. barehanded will just tear your knuckles open, and poor form will wreck your wrists. fun af cardio tho
>>
Does working out and eating healthy actually help with depression?
>>
5'10" fatty on a cut here, currently at 277.

Is it normal to go through peaks and valleys during weight loss?

My weight wasn't changing holding through all of March, then I lost about 8 pounds over the next 4 weeks, and now I'm not changing again, even though there's been little to no changes in my diet and exercise routine.
>>
>>36963197

I'm curious about this too.
>>
Is it okay to work out every other day (so 7 days every 2 weeks instead of 6)? Asking because I have the time and want to maximize gains although I get I might need weeks to fully rest/recover
>>
>>36963197
working out definitely helps with mood
>>
>>36963202
When are you weighing?
>>
>>36963197
yes
>>
>>36963197
>>36963219
exercise is proven to make people "feel better" or "happier." at least that's the general consensus. idk about eating healthier but cutting back on sugar probably does since coming down off any high is depressing. also stop drinking alcohol.

I believe it at this point since I always end a workout feeling clean and rejuvenated. like I emptied my tank of all gross old energy. also I still get depressed and sick after eating McDonald's anything now
>>
>>36963197
>>36963219
Yes, not only chemically, but when it comes to ego and will as well.

Watching yourself progress by getting larger, stronger and leaner helps a whole lot with confidence. It gives you something to look forward to, and it feels great once you hit those milestones. Bettering yourself in one way makes it easier to better yourself in others.
Keep with it, and it will do you good.

Check out some of George Leeman's videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhw2jcoxQgk
>>
Are there simple keto meal plans out there? I don't want to overcomplicate this, I just want to know what my meals should be and be able to scale amounts for my current weight and current goals.
>>
>>36963239
so long as you are fueling your body and giving whatever muscles you worked the previous day a break you should be fine. it's tougher to do with compound lifts because you really need to recover. spend enough time on this board and you'll hear enough people talk about how they broke through a plateau by actually dialing back their workouts and focusing on recovery
>>
>>36963278
Literally just don't eat carbs. That's it.
>>
>>36963288
k thanks, i'll stick to 3 a week then and try to be less autistic
>>
>>36963290
Can I just stock up on whole milk, broccoli, spinach, coconut oil, eggs, chicken, and peanuts and be good then?
>>
>>36963278
just eat at a deficit man. don't get caught up in the meme diet nonsense. keto is just a carb crash with a fancy name because kids with seizures benefit from it. if you want to benefit from low carb pick one day a week to carb load or you'll be miserable I guarantee it. eating 1600 calories of just fat and protein isn't going to make you lose weight any faster than 1600 calories with carbs.
>>
>>36963258

Twice a week, during my weekends. I weigh myself after waking up and going to the bathroom.
>>
>>36963312
NO CARBS DUMBASS

WHAT DO YOU FUCKING THINK KETO IS
>>
>>36963312
milk = sugar
>>
>>36963343
Alright, cut the milk. Water and tea should be fine then?
>>
>>36963312
it's more like meat, cheese, and nuts.

have fun not shitting
>>
>>36963362
If you seriously want to do Keto, it's simple.

Does it have carbs?

Yes? Then don't eat it.

No? Then you can eat it.

Now stop asking stupid questions.
>>
>>36963335
autism?
>>
>>36962217
>not training 2 to 3 parts of body a day, doing an ABCABCx every week
Not gonna make it.
>>
>>36963329
That's a pretty good timing of measuring progress. What deficit are you cutting at?
>>
>>36962239
>I've seen some controversy about it, which scares me
you're full of shit.
>>
>>36963388

The MyFitnessPal app says I should be eating about 2300 calories a day to lose weight.

I've been eating usually around 1900-2000 calories a day, though.

I also recently started doing SL 5x5 3 times a week and C25K on a treadmill twice a week, if that helps.
>>
>>36962239
>(I'm not going to do SS, I've seen some controversy about it, which scares me)

It is just a meme.
Run the version in the fit sticky.
>>
>>36963444
wel it's a meme that it'll turn everyone into a dinosaur but it can happen to those with a genetic predisposition to building a fuck ton of mass on the legs
>>
>>36963502
>notice legs get big
>stop squatting so much.

dont forget to add the accessories that ripp recommends.
>>
>>36963436
Exercise is good, though lifting may not really help your atm since you're going to hit a natural plateau. Calories burned are calories burned, but in how much you're losing it may be negligible. Good progress though.

According to your TDEE (something you should start to learn) you burn 2700 calories a day. And since you're obese, you can eat at a 1000 calorie deficit safely since you're still intaking plenty of calories. I'd recommend going to 1700 cal/day. I'd also recommend making sure your macro ratios are 30% Carbs, 30% fat and 40% protein. Personally I've noticed a smaller intake of carbs seriously helps with loss. Always try to stay within a 50 calorie range of your daily goal.

If you haven't already, buy a food scale. It helps tremendously.
>>
>>36963511
yeah I just meant it's possible and if noobs don't realize that and just keep following the program as normal they end up like eggplants
>>
>>36963502
Squatting and working legs will cause them to grow larger, yes.
But you know what?
You can stop squatting so much, or cut when you think they're getting too large for the time being.

SS alone won't give you fuck huge legs.
Some people just suck with upper body compounds, and don't progress well, causing the lower body to look super large.
Being fat from the bulking also doesn't help with leg size in most people who hold a good percentage of fat in that area.
>>
>>36963527
So if someone doesn't read the book, they don't progress properly

who would've guessed
>>
Tips to fix forward head posture?
>>
>>36963577
geez relax. can't we both be right?
>>
>>36963520

Thanks for the advice. I've lost almost 40 pounds now since I started in September, and I've been going through these periods where my weight just will not budge.

It's frustrating because I've been fat since high school. I just don't want to be fat anymore.
>>
>>36963641
no. fuck off
>>
>>36963657
I know that feel bro. Something that will help is measuring ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. It's really easy to report you ate 300 calories of steak when in actuality you ate 500. Same with snack foods.

If you are persistent, weight loss will come. After all, you didn't balloon up to your weight in a month, you definitely won't lose it in that time.
>>
>>36963527
>if noobs don't realize that and just keep following the program as normal they end up like eggplants
This is a meme too really. If someone simply sticks to SS they are just going to stop progressing eventually. They aren't going to keep gaining bodyfat, muscle and start squatting 600lbs

>thinking you can some accidentally grow huge legs
This thinking is on the same level as women believing they'll all turn into Ronnie Coleman the moment they pick up a dumbbell over 5kg.
>>
>>36963706
well as I said earlier they'd have to be predisposed to developing large legs. i never said it was a common thing
>>
Is milk actually bad for you? Mum's talking stuff about how its intended for calves and will wreck you.
>>
>>36963768
>listening to your mum

Do you listen to dr. oz too
>>
>>36963757
You aren't going to magically grow 5x the muscle on your legs due to genetics unless you have fucking elephantitus or gigantism. At that point you have more to worry about than lifting weights.
>>
>>36963768
step 1: read the nutrition info
step 2: draw conclusions
>>
>>36963768
Milk is fine, even though it contains a lot of hormones.
Just drink it boy.
>>
Does volume ultimately matter? For example, If i am going 3x5 or 5x3 using the same weight, will I get the same results? For strength training purposes mainly.
>>
Are all bad opinions about milk just bollocks? Is there anyone who believes milk is bad for you? I'm asking because have eccentric mum who was saying it's intended for mass-gaining on a cow scale not a human one.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 379x735) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 379x735
>>36963832
idk. this seems typical and is pretty unaesthetic
>>
>>36963905
Fuck forgot I already asked, forgive me please hahaha
>>
>>36963845
for Christs sake do some fucking research. any hormones given to dairy cows are broken down during digestion. you'd have to inject milk to be affected by the hormones in it
>>
>>36963905
>>36963918
autism

milk is milk. if it works for your needs then it's beneficial. If it doesn't, then it's not beneficial. read the nutrition info and determine if the calorie content weighed against nutritional benefit is something you could use in your diet.

stop listening to fucking retards like your mom and then come here and say "guise my mom said I should only eat kale to build big muskles. thoughts? XD"
>>
>>36963910
You're full of shit, that is not a guy who progressed regularly on SS. You've been brainwashed by memes and idiots.
>>
>>36963962
Damn, my first time being on the receiving end of a post with a hostile tone.
>>
Is MMA a good form of cardio? How injury-prone is it (with regards to fucked knees/rotator cuffs/etc, stuff that will keep me out of training for some time)?
>>
>>36964005
use your brain before you post.
>>
>>36963965
whatever you say
>>
I've been using dumbbells to increase my arm strength over the last 6 months, I started off weak as fuck struggling to lift 3kg but after a short while I started getting stronger and stronger.

Now I'm stuck, I'm doing 11kg and I can't seem to get any stronger.

I can't increase the number of reps in a set because my arms get tired and I lose my form.

I can't increase the weight because I become exhausted after 10 reps.

I've been stuck like this for a month, how do I get through this wall?
>>
>>36964159
deload.
>>
I understand spot reduction is a myth but are there any abs exercises which tighten your core inwards thereby reducing the size of your belly?

Do all/zero abs exercises do this?
>>
>>36964262
Stomach vacuums have been known to do this I think. Not sure if it's bullshit, but it's worth a try.
Look it up on youtube, there's a couple of good videos on it.
>>
>>36957217
Nice pic choice OP.

How do I into otter mode? Is it literally just a low bodyfat? Do I even have to lift or can meager calisthenics and diet get me there?
>>
>>36964368
Genetics and bodyfat. It's more of something you stumble into and not something you achieve.
>>
>>36964159
>I can't increase the weight because I become exhausted after 10 reps.
Increase weight and do fewer reps, then. Eventually, you'll be able to do more reps with that higher weight.

This is how progression is typically done.
>>
>>36964262
Although spot burning/reduction is a total sham, you should totally exercise the areas you want to look good AND lose weight through diet & cardio.

Like for me I was (and still am, but less) a fat cunt, and I wanted biceps, so I started doing curls and dieting alongside a bit of cardio.
I've lost 30lbs and gone down from an XL size to either a generous M or a tight L, but my arms are still huge, but instead of being pure fat they're mostly muscle.

You can't turn fat into muscle, but if you lose weight while also training you will gain muscle, so you'll achieve your desired look sooner.

So for you, do ab excersies every other day (No idea about how to do abs, don't care for them myself) stop eating shit, start eating healthy and before you know it you'll be crushing mad puss
>>
>>36964081
bump
>>
>>36957217
>What's wrong with using exclusively machines in my workouts?
>Pros: Convenient, form is never an issue, no spotter needed. My goal is just aesthetics and I won't be competing or anything. So long as diet is in order and progressive overload is in place is there anything wrong with having a mechanic routine?

Absolutely nothing wrong.

The only thing to look out for is boredom and injuries.

The easiest way to get injured on machines is to just try and lift too much weight when you're not well rested and ready.

Poor form can still hurt you too, its a myth you don't need perfect form on machines, in fact you absolutely do, more so than if you had a free weight exercise.

If I had to pick between injuries from heavy/tired lifting and injuries from poor form on machines I'd pick heavy/tired any day. Machines cannot and will not compensate for poor form.
>>
>>36964081
I'm not quite sure what you mean by MMA.

If you mean learning several martial arts by going to classes, then you'll have a great time and it'll be decent cardio but not the best.

If you mean doing UFC style fighting then you'll burn fucking millions of calories but end up half dead.
A friend of mine went to a taster session at a local MMA fighting club and got his arse handed to him because he didn't have peak physical fitness, and I doubt you do too.

If you want a violent method of cardio, learn how to strike (go to some sort of fighting class, you decide what style) then go get a punching bag and some protective gear, strike the bag as fast as you can for as long as you can, it is absolutely exhausting.

Not much can get the heart going as much as striking a heavy bag, that being said if you fuck up you could break something.

If you want a safe method of cardio, just use cardio machines like treadmills, bikes, crosstrainers, rowing machines and those bikes where you do it with your arms.

so in short, don't try to fight people fitter than you, buy a bag if you're confident you won't do stupid shit, if you're prone to fuck ups just use machines.
>>
>>36964653
Yeah, by MMA I meant UFC-style stuff. My uni has an MMA club, so I thought I might try that.
I want a fun supplement to lifting. Swimming is kinda boring, and running and basketball are no-goes due to shin splints.
I'm just looking at possible options.
>>
>>36964094
Sorry for being a novice you FUCKING PRICK
>>
>>36957639
Wow. Just fucking wow. Being that strapped for time lol. Grow up and drink coffee and mix in your choco whey and make gains hot cocoa.
>>
Is there a calculator for auschwitzmode? I'm 6'1" and 170 pounds. Can usually see my ribs, but there is a fat on the stomach.
>>
>>36964567
So the difference in aesthetic results vs those from free weights aren't huge? What you said makes sense. Will keep it in mind anon
>>
File: tails.png (83 KB, 260x246) Image search: [Google]
tails.png
83 KB, 260x246
How worried should I be about meal timing? I ate at midnight, then again at 4AM, then again at like 8AM and went to bed. Woke up 7 hours later hungry as fuck but I'm concerned about getting too many calories in the same day. How many hours should I wait after my first meal to begin my feeding cycle again? Surely my body isn't autistic about needing exactly 24 hours before it processes all of the day's calories
>>
>>36964931
Calorie intake is more important per week than per day.
>>
I'm 18. I have a bit of high blood pressure doc told me to do 40 mins of cardio at gym. I'm bulking will cardio fuck my bulk up at more intensity
>>
>>36964979
just eat even more to make up for the lost calories
>>
File: 1055685582.jpg (35 KB, 171x168) Image search: [Google]
1055685582.jpg
35 KB, 171x168
>>36964778
>durr is milk good for you

you can literally google that. It's not like something specific that you need an experienced lifter to tell you
>>
>>36964839
>6'1"
>170 pounds
>can see my ribs

yeah fucking right. My roomie is 6'2" and 165 lbs and you can't see his ribs. Post pic.
>>
>>36965014
Man shit a bummer I'm wasting more time and I can't get any equipment
>>
>>36964778
Just stfu
>>
>>36964979
>I'm bulking will cardio fuck my bulk up at more intensity

Just walk for like an hour and you'll get all the benefits without burning as many calories. Good way to start your tan too if you do it shirtless
>>
File: WorkHardAndBeNice.png (727 KB, 1079x806) Image search: [Google]
WorkHardAndBeNice.png
727 KB, 1079x806
>>36957217

How do I reduce neck fat/loose skin without surgery?
>>
File: IMG_0001.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>36965054
I can't figure out how to put two images side by side. Here's me standing still. The following is me breathing in.
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>36965054
>>36965351
Perhaps I was too generous in my description.
>>
>>36957217
I've got DOMS. Push through it or take a rest day?
>>
>>36959136
how wide is your grip? it should be wider than shoulder width. if it's close-grip that's more triceps
>>
>>36965362
>>36965351
You're not a skeleton. You're average weight.
>>
>>36965366
Do whatever you want. Most people will say just to push through it but if you want to take a rest day go right ahead. As long as you keep going back it doesn't matter, as DOMS will go away.
>>
>>36965477
Ok screw it, I'll go.
>>
>>36965466
That's good to know. Based on my physique do you think I should go straight for bulking?
>>
>>36965551
The top picture isn't particularly flattering, but I don't think it's bad enough where you need to cut first. Go ahead and bulk while doing SS. Aim for gaining half a pound per week.
>>
>>36959195
stretch and foam roll can help a lot.
>>
>>36965575
Is it possible to do a cardio program like couch to 5k at the same time as SS? I'm overall pretty weak and inflexible, and cannot do even a bodyweight squat with good form.
>>
>>36965631
It's completely possible, but you'll have to eat more to compensate for the calories burned.

As for your form, work on a bodyweight routine, then the bar, and then start adding weight.
>>
>>36965654
For a bodyweight routine, is there a good marker for when I should transition to barbells? Say 25 bodyweight squats and 25 pushups? Or is it more for getting the form down?
>>
>>36965704
It's getting the form down. Jump right into barbells if you like, but don't start doing weight until you're 100% sure your form is correct.
>>
Has anyone here heard of whey protein causing an itchy asshole? I'm asking for a friend...
>>
>>36965761
Thanks man, you've helped a lot. One last question: is it okay to do one of the variants on starting strength if I am worried about doing power cleans? The ones that add pullups?
>>
>>36965799
Just do powercleans. They're no more dangerous then climbing a flight of stairs
>>
I'm at 18%bf, can I get to 10% until december with a good calorie deficit? Already lost 6lbs in a month.
>>
So I have a question about training chest I guess.
Specifically flies:
I just dont seem to get any decent feeling of working my chest when I'm using dumbbells for flies... On the machines its fine, I feel the resistance and I'm able to judge the weight/reps to get failure at the right point.
However when I'm using dumbbells it always feels like I'm either not working my chest at all and could rep for days, or I can't get a decent rep if I go too high with the weight...
Is this a form problem for me or am I missing something?
>>
What's the best intermediate routine that heavily features progressive overload?
>>
Is it possible to drink too much water when you're trying to lose weight?

It's 7 PM here and I've already had more than 2 Liters today. I'm sure by the time I go to bed I will be close to 3.
>>
>>36966091
Also, the routine needs to be focused around the main 4 lifts - Deadlift, Squat, Bench, and OHP.
>>
Poorfag bulking shoping list
Whatever I can buy in volume at low price
What should I prioritize?
>>
File: 1457805691051.png (22 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1457805691051.png
22 KB, 300x188
To any bros using the fitness pal app
I recently got the app pacer to sync in my steps and ever since the app is giving 600+ calories i'm able to take in
New to fitness/calorie counting, does walking really add that much for calories I can have or should I just take it out?
>>
How do I approach the subject of TRT with my doctor? I had my test levels checked a few years ago, the first was 241, re checked and ended up at 316 total.
>>
File: justsittinghere.jpg (10 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
justsittinghere.jpg
10 KB, 220x165
How do accessory exercises work and how often should I do them?
Also, do I do them on the same day as the main lift I want to improve?
>>
I've bought some protein powder. Until now I just drank it whenever the fuck. Is there an optimal time to get a high amount of protein? Like before workout? After workout?
>>
>>36957217
form is still an issue with machines if not more so

if you do a lift with a barbell too wrong it won't work right and should be easy to fix

you're just hiding mobility and imbalance issues by using machines instead

spotters are rarely needed anyways

stop being a pussy
>>
File: The Body of Christ.jpg (8 KB, 219x250) Image search: [Google]
The Body of Christ.jpg
8 KB, 219x250
I'm gonna be /shittyhomegym/ or/planetfitness/ for the next few months since I won't have the college rec

What do I do without muh squat rack?
>>
Anyone here have high blood pressure?

I frequently get readings of 140/80. BPM is normal though usually.

How the fuck do I get my systolic down? Even the doc was telling me I could have problems later on. More cardio? Sodium? Water? Wtf do I do lads I don't wanna pop when I'm 30.
>>
File: 1456153886398.jpg (619 KB, 1959x1469) Image search: [Google]
1456153886398.jpg
619 KB, 1959x1469
If im on a cut what would be the problem of doing machines and free weights other than an injury?
>>36967651
i had it as a younger lad because of my high sodium diet of crackers and microwave food
just cut your sodium down and eat clean
>>
File: confuse09.png (160 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
confuse09.png
160 KB, 350x350
I play piano and want to know if hook grip will affect my hands or playing ability.

I've done powerlifting for a while and just hit ~1100 total with no issues mixed gripping deadlifts. Anybody have experience with hook grip and some hand-related technical skill?
>>
>>36966128

Not really. You'll just piss it out. Avoid creatine and salt/sodium tho as that will keep water in your body.
>>
>>36967624

Pistol squats, etc. Etc.
Just youtube your way to a decent leg workout.
>>
What's a good serving size for:
>chicken breast
>ground beef
>tilapia

Is 8 ounces good?
>>
So this week i changed from doing full body 3 times a week to splitting it up, my dad helped give me the routine which he said basically helped him make gains back in the day. Though Im definitely not nearly as strong as he is. Im wondering if this seems like a decent routine to do after beginner-full body routine. Basically day A : chest / tricep / bicep . Day B : Back / Shoulder . Day C : Legs.
This week has so far been AxBxC , so today is legs. I'm thinking ill start again tomorrow with day A, but im not fully sure. I've seen a lot of routines that don't have a rest day between every workout so i'm thinking maybe i could go even harder and take out the rest days?
Thoughts on this would be so highly appreciated.
Also I'm not lifting extremely heavy weights or anything yet but I've definitely come a long way by eating and doing that full body lifting routine I mentioned for quite a while, when I started I was literally bone and skin.
>>
>>36967624
Learn the Steinborn squat
>>
>>36968656

12 oz for chicken breast - 375 calories, 75 g protein
8 oz for 80/20 beef - 450 calories, 65 g protein
12 oz tilapia - 430 calories, 85 g protein
>>
How much weight should I start with for weighted chinups? 5kg?
>>
>>36968709
If one where to eat 3 meals with fish, beef, chicken breasts using those portions, do you have a guess on around how much it'll cost?
>>
>>36968783
Per week **
>>
>>36957217
If I add hot water to protein powder will I fuck it up by denaturing the protein?
>>
>>36961248
Rest until your heart rate normalizes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.