[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stupid gym superstitions you believe >never masturbate before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: GymFails.jpg (28 KB, 400x223) Image search: [Google]
GymFails.jpg
28 KB, 400x223
Stupid gym superstitions you believe

>never masturbate before going to the gym
>always keep the barbell symmetrical
>>
>ILL GET GAINS IF I LIFT

lol have beta genetics
>>
>always keep the barbell symmetrical
this is a given, you stupid fuck
>>
I always have to have the same clips if I use them
A lot of times one will be the L-shaped handle and another the straight handle. I search until I find matching pairs
>>
>>36956200
>Only take 2 scoops
>>
>>36956231
as long as it's the same weight what does it matter?
>>
>>36956245
Oh, you meant the plates? I thought you meant something completely different.
>>
>>36956245

It throws off the weight distribution if the plates aren't the same, meaning that the center of the bar and the center of gravity end up in slightly different places. That'll throw the movement off.
>>
>>36956245
it actually does imbalance it a bit, because its a fulcrum, so if you had like 20 2.5lb weights, and then 1pl8 vs 1pl8 then 20 2.5lb weights you would be really imbalanced. If its asymmetrical it happens on a smaller scale.
>>
>>36956272
>>36956283
well excuuuuuse me
>>
>>36956231
>>36956245
>>36956256
>>36956272
>>36956283
It is not clear at all what OP is talking about. Same weight on each side is obvious. Arranged the same way is also pretty obvious, albeit perhaps somewhat less so. I thought he meant the same "style" of weight or whatever. My gym has two sets of weights made by different companies that look different, and I always try to use one or the other exclusively rather than mixing and matching because it soothes my OCD.
>>
>>36956200
>>always keep the barbell symmetrical

>mfw gains goblins spend all my rest days at the gym neatly rearranging the brands and ages of the plates at the bottoms of the trees and pegs so I always have to mix and match unless I want to spend half my workout poaching plates
>>
>>36956294
Yes, excuse you for not have a basic understanding of physics. You don't even need to do the math, it's just common sense.
>>
>>36956365

trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.