[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else had shitty parents that raised them on sugar/fast food/candy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1453265516420.jpg (45 KB, 600x372) Image search: [Google]
1453265516420.jpg
45 KB, 600x372
Who else had shitty parents that raised them on sugar/fast food/candy and no exercise?
Pic related, I only drank these, orange juice, and soda every day until I was 14 I realized the harm I did to my body. I had a BMI of 31 and no muscle. My best friend never outgrew this and is now 19 with a BMI of 50
I hate how my parents knew how fat was getting and how damaging it was but didn't change anything. What finally turned me around was learning about the nutrition types and diet in health class
>>
>>36954603
I drank these everyday, they were fucking delicious 10/10 would reccoment the purple and blue flavor

I was boarderline underweight as a kid though
>>
>>36954603
Me not so much but my cousins definitely.
>BMI of at least 40
Me and my sister were the smallest in the generation even back when I was fat
>>
File: 1460866625826.png (173 KB, 706x777) Image search: [Google]
1460866625826.png
173 KB, 706x777
Ugh, this guy right here. I don't blame my parents entirely, but they got theirs. My mom is Type II, I'd be by now as well had I not made necessary changes.

She is at least trying to do lowcarb, it has been helping a lot when she sticks to it.

I was 325lbs at one point, down to a muscular 175 now. Lots of extra skin, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished.

What's crazy to me, with my perspective, is that people can be satisfied with life at 300+ lbs. For me, there was no option. I had to lose that weight, there was no giving up or accepting it.
>>
>>36954747
My mom is type II now too man, I know those feels
She hasn't changed anything though. I tell her all the time about diets, macros, bodily damage from a poor diet, and she shrugs it off as genetics and accepts it. It fucking hurts so much, my kids won't have a grandma
>>
>>36954603

the opposite

I ate amazing, good food. but with european parents you eat lots of it

it's ok, no regrets. although it would have been good to be thin as a kid. I missed out.
>>
>>36954603
My mom seemed to have a general sense of healthy food and talked to me about it. She just did nothing to stop me from eating like my father. He was also fat and never played a sport his entire life, so he never really advocated fitness. That said, they were not had parents by any means. I was raised with good morals. I learned how to respect a dollar. I became resourceful. I learned. They did more for me than I could ever express. Sure I was a tubber in my early years, but I love my parents and I appreciate everything they've done.
>>
>>36954804

In America, you don't get fat on good food. You get fat on shitty food. Pop tarts, frozen pizza, etc. I challenge anyone to get fat on steak and avocado, cant be done. Throw a few slices of bread in there, though, and you'll get fat in no time.

The bread by itself won't make someone fat either, though. I'm convinced it's the combination of fat and carbs, especially at the same meal, that is uniquely fattening.
>>
>>36954603
Little Hugs are only 10 calories. Stop blaming them and look at the man in the mirror.
>>
Oh yeah dude. My mom worked all the time and would bring home shitty food, go out, or microwave dinners. It was really bad and by the time I realized it I was addicted to bad food.

Thankfully that's over now.
>>
>>36954603
I was obese when I was eight or nine years old and my mother did absolutely nothing to help me.
Although she was an alcoholic, so she did a lot more wrong than just feeding me terrible foods and is slowly dying from destroying her liver.
I love my mother, but she ruined my body at a young age before I could take responsibility and she warped my mind with her alcoholism.
>>
>>36954603
> I had a BMI of 31 and no muscle
>obese
>no muscle

Unfortunately, your mental gains are still lacking.
>>
>>36954897
> I'm convinced it's the combination of fat and carbs, especially at the same meal, that is uniquely fattening.

I'm convinced its the combination of intaking too much energy and not using enough, thats all it is
>>
>>36955320

That advice really isn't helpful, though. The body doesn't know what a calorie is, and it will crave more calories than it needs. Don't fucking talk about calories until you've lost 250lbs of fat over the course of your life.
>>
>>36955219

The hugs are just a metaphor, but I feel like that's a recent change. Have they always been low sugar?
>>
>>36955404
Always been 10 calories. .. that's why they're so affordable.
>>
>>36955371
I have helped lose much more than that, just not my own because I wouldn't let myself become that, I'm a personal trainer.

It is possible to get fat on steak and avocado obviously but I agree with the top part mostly.

The bottom is just dumb though, lots of people agree eating fat helps them stay fuller for longer. Eating carbs as well as fat obviously won't make the fat gain any more than eating them separately if you ate the same total all together.

Also carbs aren't bad either, too much obviously they become bad like anything else. In some cases they promote leptin which will also help keep someone satisfied making the body crave LESS calories and helps with fat loss
>>
>>36955490

So everything you said, I completely agree with. I just feel that fat loss approaches are too often simpliefied and reversed. I don't feel that calories/energy are what should be focused on, but are instead the end result of improved habbits.

I think that's why so many people regain all or some of their weight after losing a bunch with calorie counting or extreme limiting. Neither are sustainable, need to teach new habits. Weight loss becomes more about avoiding hunger and cravings rather than fighting them. Willpower isn't needed.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.