[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gym - Muscle Gain [ Please help ]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
So, my friend that is pretty much obsessed with gym, he wants to become a giant muscle guy, i don't. I just wanna get fit.

His program is :
Monday - Biceps, Pecs, Shoulders
Tuesday - Free (He doesn't do anything)
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - Free (Nothing again)
Friday - Abs, Back and triceps
Saturday - Free
Sunday - Free

I really don't like his 1 day break after every gym day... He says you HAVE to do it, is he retarded? Or am i just wrong by going everyday at the gym??
>>
>>36932535
>not working out 6-7 days a week
>making it
Pick one
>>
Maybe the sticky gas something on this.

That being said my workout is 6 days a week with one rest day.
>>
>>36932535
No you're better off having 2-3 days off
XXxXXXx usually works the best
>>
>>36932535
unless he is huge as fuck he should be lifting 5 days a week and doing at least cardio on the other 2
>>
>>36932547
What?
He goes to the gym a day yes a day no, week-ends free, and he keeps calling me an idiot for going almost daily (I take like 2 days off) What the hell?
>>
>>36932580
it appears youre pretty new here, don't bother with the first comment its a funny meme
>>
>>36932535
To get big, you first have to get strong.

Benching 40kg isn't going to make you like like benching 100kg will.

Do starting strength, properly, until you can't make much more progress on it. Then do 5/3/1. After than, maybe think about doing a split; but for now, stick with the basics, which thousands and thousands of others have done before you. Don't be put off by the testimonials of people who didn't do it properly, or for long enough, or didn't have their diet right.
>>
>>36932589
Memes aside how many days should you lift a week?
>>
I don't wanna be some muscle man, i just wanna get fit, i don't wanna be fat, just good looking. That's all i'm asking for. But this guy is really really bothering me since he is brain washing everyone going to the gym with us, "Oh you need to take 1 day break between" Holy fucking shit dude, and whenever i ask him about his source he says "You should know" or "It's a fact" It's really annoying... He is like these feminists with no facts..
>>
>>36932535
what a stupid anodine thread.

your friend is doing a brosplit and, unless you are roiding, common consensus is it will yield suboptimal results.

I can testify to that, btw. I switched from SL to a brosplit and my lifts immediatly started going down. If you want to make decent gains, you want to be hitting each body part twice a week.
>>
>>36932601
3 on SS/SL (enough for a beginner, just do accessoires if you want to do more).

After that, you may as well do some sort of split (e.g. push/pull going 4 times a week or PPL going 6 times a week).

Ultimately, the goal is to hit each body part 2 times per week.
>>
Thanks bros, i will ditch him and go with another friend
>>
>3 rest days
Holy shit
>>
File: How to bench.jpg (349 KB, 1534x1085) Image search: [Google]
How to bench.jpg
349 KB, 1534x1085
>>36932535

fitsticky.com/novice-programs

All the answers, and more, are there.
>>
>>36932595

>recommending 5/3/1 for someone to do after SS/SL

You're a fucking idiot. Do candito's linear program or TM after SS/SL.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.