[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ROWS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
I'm sick of trying to use chinups to build my lats so I'm switching to ROWS

Only problem is I'm not sure which variety of row to use.

Bent over row
Pendlay Row
Yates row
Dumbbell Row
Standing row

What do?
>>
>>36932328
flare your elbows for upper back, tuck your eblows for lats
>>
>>36932337
Is that you Alan Thrall?
>>
>>36932328
I can only talk on my experience, but my back lagged for ages and it wasnt til i started doing high weight low rep pendlay rows that i really got thickness. Something to do with that activation and deactivation of the lats just blew my shit up. Make sure your form is good though or you will experience activation then deactivation of your vertebrae.
>>
>>36932328
Whichever row has your upper body as parallel to the floor as possible

Whichever you choose pull the bar to your waist, not your chest, it's a common mistake in my gym
>>
>>36932328
Row your boat gently down the stream
>>
>>36932328
Why not both?
>>
I've been doing DB Rows and Standing Rows forever, tried incorporating Pendlay Rows but they just feel super fucking awkward. Is it a problem with my form/flexibility or do I just need to get used to it? Also should my Pendlay Row be weaker than my Standing Row?
>>
>>36933438
>Whichever you choose pull the bar to your waist, not your chest, it's a common mistake in my gym

Seconding this. I only recently discovered it thanks to based Scooby, and sure as hell you can feel the difference in your lats.
>>
>>36932328
do proper wide grip pull ups you worthless manbaby
>>
>>36933922
Wide grip pullups for big lats is a meme.
>>
>>36933525
I will use both but which type of row do I do
>>
>>36932328
Bent over row. Don't let the weights touch the floor
>>
File: 1410158188257.jpg (7 KB, 250x245) Image search: [Google]
1410158188257.jpg
7 KB, 250x245
db (cheat) rows are GOAT, but not for sissies with weak cns and stamina
>>
>>36933987

I think your doing it wrong man. It is harder to re lift it every rep then just hold it
>>
>>36934213
Holding on forces you to do a slow eccentric rather than just flop the weight on the floor
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.