[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Formcheck squats & deadlifts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 2000px-Squats.svg.png (170 KB, 2000x1180) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Squats.svg.png
170 KB, 2000x1180
I am 18 yo , 5'10 and 140 lbs (65 kg ) In the vid im doing low bar squats with 185 lbs (85kg) and deadlifts with 240 lbs (110 kg). Is my form ok ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrxihwqDyCk
>>
>>36907421

Private video
>>
>>36907434
Sry
Fixed it
>>
>>36907421
GO LOWEEERR

You need to lower the weight and go much lower in your squats dude.

But the bar a little lower on your back as well.
>>
>>36907421
Your hips are too low when starting your diddlylifts, that's why they shoot up when you actually start to pull the weight. You also shrug your shoulders at the top, this isn't necessary. Instead, try leaning forward a bit and engaging your lats to pull the weight closer to you.

You can improve your form by practicing RDLs and remembering to keep the bar close to your thighs on the way up and down, this will strengthen your lats in that position, which is probably the main thing you could work on.

>Squats
Low bar squats are for fgts
>>
File: Godelli in PL2s.jpg (80 KB, 672x708) Image search: [Google]
Godelli in PL2s.jpg
80 KB, 672x708
>>36907421

Squats look ok but you should go lower.

Don't squat down when doing your deadlift.
There's more info here fitsticky.com/how-to

Get better shoes. Those are too compressible.
The Adidas PL2 can be found anywhere from 50-70U$ and makes a big difference.
>>
>>36907421
>Squat:
It's obvious which cues you are following
"weight on heels"
"sit back"
"knees not beyond toes"

You need to be tight.
breathe into your stomach (not your chest), then flex your abs
squeeze your glutes
flex your lats, think bending the bar over your back
keep your back straight, don't extend your back by pushing your butt out
Don't worry about your knees going forward, that's totally up to your limb proportions.
Keep your weight on the whole foot, not just the heel.
(The cue "weight on heel" works for some people, you are lifting your toes up)

Check out supertraining06, there are many different "how to squat" videos, different cues work for different peopl
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=kk_TGjbCZxo

My highbar squats. Only 1pl8. How's my form?
>>
>>36910283
you take far too long between reps

When doing high bar, you should keep your torso as vertical as possible. Yours is almost horizontal
That means your knees have to go forward and outward a lot.
Try to sink down between your legs, not sit back

work on your ankle mobility
change your stance (feet out more, wider stance)
>>
>>36910599
Thanks mang. I'll work on it.
>>
rate my diddies. no bully. 85kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjnAkUADYEA

Today I put a plate under the barbell because I felt it was a bit too low for me (6'1'', very not flexible), and I think that was why my hips shot up, today it went better imo, didnt film but I got the impression.
Also yeah, I'm looking into some weightlifting shoes, these ones stink, the heel is so fucking high
>>
File: 1438554896298.jpg (20 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1438554896298.jpg
20 KB, 200x200
>>36910722
That chick in the background looked so unimpressed
>>
>>36910722
someone?
>>
>>36907421

Pretty good DL for being as thin as you are. Good form on the DL, just remember to not round your back - you didn't in this video but just keep an eye on it.

You need to go lower on squat. You'll probably need to take off like 20-30lbs.
>>
Seems to be the general consensus, and i agree as well; You need to be squatting lower. It looks like your ankle range of motion could be a limiting factor, but idk. Either way you should be squatting MUCH lower than that
>>
>>36910722
take your shoes off, deadlifting with flat soles is preferred. weightlifting shoes are cool for squatting
>>
>>36910283
>high bar

Kek. The entire movement is low bar. You just placed the bar somewhere else.

First of all, squeeze your glutes throughout the entire movemdnt. You shouldn't be bent forward like that at the top. You should be standing up straight.

Second, stretch your ankles and hips. Your torso is nowhere near upright because your hips arent opening up and your knees aren't moving far enough forward.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.