[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice for switching from bro-split to strength programs? What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1459392525286.jpg (89 KB, 634x721) Image search: [Google]
1459392525286.jpg
89 KB, 634x721
Advice for switching from bro-split to strength programs? What's good, what's bullshit?
>>
Read the sticky. You're gonna want one of the myriad beginner routines listed there
>>
>>36864837
Any advanced strength routines?
I am not a new lifter, I just need something to help make my lifts go up.
>inb4 fraud
>>
Until you know your rep maxes and have done a strength routine, just ride a beginner routine for as long as you can

Most strength lifters would trade a testicle to be able to do SS forever. 30 lbs on your deadlift every week? Fuuuuuark
>>
The 8/6/3 variation of 5/3/1 is fucking glorious.
>>
>>36865054
This. On the Texas Method now, but only because SS got to be too difficult to keep up the rapid progression. If you can increase the weight every workout, you should fucking increase the weight every workout.
>>
>>36864808

He's like 5'08", how much do you guys think he weighs? Is it maybe 180's? I'm not good at guessing
>>
>>36864857
How "advanced" are you?

How long have you been lifting?
What are you stats?
go to symmetricstrength.com and input your stuff, then report back
>>
>>36864808
is it his short neck that makes him look a bit odd? can't figure out what it is
>>
>>36866752
I've just been stuck on a brosplit and just became complacent but want to get my strength up.
>>
>>36866752
And i've been lifting for about 1.5-2 years now
>>
>>36864808
Something about this seems shopped. Why are his hands so tiny?
>>
>>36864808
>Advice for switching from bro-split to strength programs?
Don't unless you plan on doing powerlifting. Bro splits are vastly superior when it comes to gaining mass.
>>
>>36867134
You could probably still make decent strength gains on a "novice" program like SL or SS. Probably not for as long as a real novice, but still.

You could do either of those for a few months.

You're definitely not yet advanced enough to warrant a real "advanced" program.

One of these:
http://fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

is probably best for you.
Depends on how often per week you lift.

I've done Candito's Linear Program (http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/) for a few months, can definitely recommend it.
(And in general, an Upper/Lower split is the best for non-competing lifters imo)
>>
>>36867206
Yeah, but i've been stuck at a 3plate deadlift for what feels like forever now.
>>
>>36867244
The Candito program looks really interesting, i might follow his Strength/ Hypertrophy linear program. Thanks
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.