[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ignore DOMS, they said >go lift anyway, they said >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: doms_3-300x145.jpg (15 KB, 300x145) Image search: [Google]
doms_3-300x145.jpg
15 KB, 300x145
>ignore DOMS, they said
>go lift anyway, they said

>tfw fail catastrophically on the first set back
>tfw it hurts even harder and deeper than it previously did

I trusted you /fit/
>>
don't be a pussy, progress isn't going to come easy.
>>
>>36864466
Kill yourself, I say
>>
>>36864466
this is why they have split routines

if you are having DOMS its not like it would make a lot sense to train those muscles, as they are sore and unable to lift normal sets
>>
>>36864484
Probably couldve gotten quicker progress if I waited until the pain was gone then went back. Now Im gonna be out of commission even longer.
>>
>>36864528
nah, you gotta stick to your routine. i hope you're not doing a retarded one.
>>
>>36864568
SS
>>
>>36864466

It is completely possible to lift again with DOMS, I do it often. However your level or training and mental tolerance can be a big factor.

One of two things is happening.

1) You're being a bitch and are not used to working through soreness
2) You are under-recovered and fatigued greatly.

Since you said it was a catastrophic failure and your are even more sore now you're probably under-recovered. I suggest you do three things.

1) EAT, you need protein, carbs, and fat to recover your muscles. Chances are you are too low on protein or water
2) MOVE, get the blood flowing to heal your damaged muscle. Walk, stretch, jog, anything to get nutrients flowing to your muscles.
3) ACTIVE RELASE, foam roll, stretch, get a massage. This will help heal the muscles.
>>
>>36864593
gotta stick to it. don't be a puss. It's not an easy process
>>
>>36864870
basically this.

stretch and warm up, this is not a meme
>>
>>36864466
listen here faggot.

if you take a week off EVERYTIME you get DOMS, you will ALWAYS get it and it won't go away. stop being a little bitch and keep lifting, so you can get used to it

i've been lifting for about 1.5 years now and i miss that soreness. I only get it if i do crazy high volume like 5x10+
>>
>>36864873
>>36864917
You fags
Its not that I pussied out of it
Its that I did it anyway and came out worse for it
>>
>>36864941
no, you're a puss. DOMS are not an injury. You probably didn't roll out or stretch. Either way, they are not going to fuck you up that badly.
>>
>>36864941
You probably started at too high of a weight if you have debilitating DOMS.
>>
>tfw legs and chest are in constant doms
>>
>>36864941
Give yourself some extra time if you need it. Ease into lifting. It's serious business
>>
>>36865107
eat more
>>
>>36865163
train harder
>>
>>36865172
poop longer
>>
>>36864466
It might not be DOMS then.
>>
>>36864466
You're supposed to take ibuprofen, you tard
>>
>>36864941
dude, DOMS should never be that serious. i think you actually snapped your shit up lmao
>>
>>36864466
>still gets DOMS
it literally goes away after a couple weeks. i barely remember it anymore
>>
DOMS shouldn't result in a first-set failure. RICE it then work back up to you were, ideally slightly changing specific exercise/equipment during the rehab. No place you can get to in a hurry is any place you want to be.
>>
>>36864466
if you want to avoid doms you should do light aerobic exercise with whatever muscles you just heavily worked out.
doms is caused by muscle irritation from lactic acid build up. however, by doing light aerobic exercise the lactic acid will pulled back into the kreb's cycle by le chatlier's priniple reducing lactic acid in the muscles and therefore greatly decreasing muscle soreness.
for example, if you wanted help dealing with leg doms after squats walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes after should help prevent doms
>>
>>36865958
>implying he got doms.
>implying op didn't confuse DOMS with extreme fatigue
>implying op didn't load up his normal weight and grind while not recovered
>implying his form didn't go to shit
>implying he didn't snap his shit
Serves him well for being a moron and talking /fit/ advice at face value.
I bet he didn't cool down last session, and didn't properly warm up before the snapcity session; and eats under maintenance.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.