[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't men's physique show legs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (332 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
332 KB, 1920x1080
Why doesn't men's physique show legs?
>>
because otherwise it would be bodybuilding
>>
>>36858263
what legs?
>>
It's supposed to be "beach body" competition

Classic physique is the new category that shows legs, but doesn't require growth hormone and insulin to win.
>>
>>36858263
Those boxy boardshorts look like fuck. I bought a pair of diesels and 2eros and havent looked back.

Please tell me those long, rectangular pieces of shit are only popular in the states.
>>
>>36858263
wow, that fake tan looks fucking disgusting, why do people do this to themselves? Does anybody srsly think this is aesthetic in any way? Look at the second guys (from the right) hairline-tan.
>>
>>36858263
Its against the rules!
http://scoobysworkshop.com/2015/06/27/mens-physique-competitions/

Quote from above:

Why the shorts?
Many people have asked this, its because its in the rules for the men’s physique! There are VERY specific rules about the shorts. You must wear surf shorts that go to the knee cap, you cant show crotch, you cant be an advertising billboard with all kinds of logos. If you want to wear a speedo and show leg, that is the bodybuilding category, not the men’s physique. I think the whole idea initially behind mens physique was to draw in larger crowds of both spectators and contestants by having a “beach boy” category so to speak. Competitors who look like they are very fit beach lifeguards, hence the shorts.
To make this more complicated, each organization has its own “Men’s Physique” rules with different requirements for the shorts. NPC and IFBB are similar but I have seen other “smaller than bodybuilder” type competitions where they were wearing boxcut speeds, no idea which organization that was but there are a lot of them out there. Anyway, thats why the knee length shorts, its in the rules.
>>
>>36858563
guy second from left looks like he fell into a mud puddle.
>>
>>36858563
plz be b8
>>
>>36858682
no, totally serious. Also meant the second guy from the left, not from the right.
>>
>>36858406
That actually sounds awesome.

What they should do is bring back the "athletic feats" category of judging.

Back in the day, performing some kind of athletics was required in bodybuilding competition. Think like the "talent" portion of Miss America. Often but not always they'd elect to do Olympic lifting. Witness John Grimek and Steve Reeves.
>>
anyone that unironically tans their skin like this should kill themselves
>>
>>36858786
It's for the stage light you autist. They don't look like this other than the day of the comp.
>>
>>36858406
Of course it requires both of those to win...
Just not as much as bodybuilding.

Even physique guys take GH
>>
who even watches bodybuilding competitions? Is this just a closet homosexual meet or something?
>>
>>36859281
That doesn't make it look any less stupid, faggot
>>
>>36859281
>>
File: bodybuilding-cycles.jpg (65 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
bodybuilding-cycles.jpg
65 KB, 800x533
Why do bodybuilding competitors tan their skin to look like shit? It looks unnatural and totally unaesthetic
>>
File: big-lenny-5[1].jpg (241 KB, 1772x909) Image search: [Google]
big-lenny-5[1].jpg
241 KB, 1772x909
>>36859281
all except one...
>>
>>36859400
>90s
>current year
>>
>>36859419
Because dark skin accents the muscles better than pale skin. This is also why black people look more ripped than they are.
>>
>>36859374
Theyd be washed out and all lose to blacks without it.
>>
File: frauds-when-will-they-learn.jpg (45 KB, 729x423) Image search: [Google]
frauds-when-will-they-learn.jpg
45 KB, 729x423
>>36858263

Please tell me that's natty bodybuilding. I'm all for the
>roiding for this
meme but that's just sad
>>
>>36859490
So? That's how it should be. Black men are objectively physically superior to white men
>>
>>36858263
when is lotus going to compete in mens physique?

someone post the pic of him on his fixie bike, dude is GOAT
>>
>>36858406
who tf wears these boardshorts to beach baka
>>
>>36859419
makes your muscles look more defined.
>>
>>36858745
>Back in the day, performing some kind of athletics was required in bodybuilding competition.

This would really bring some credibility back to bodybuilding. Nobody looks at a modern bodybuilder and thinks they are athletic.
>>
>>36859484
>>36859614
Why is this?

ive heard people say its creates shadow, but it seems as though shadow would accentuate pale skin even more?

not disagreeing btw I totally know that thats the way it is im just wondering why
>>
>>36859762
Probably because in competition there are bright lights on them and that would wash out all the shadows unless it is on a dark surface. Think about when you take a photo of bright sunlight and the exposure gets blown out and it's all just a flat white. The same happens with your eyes as well.
>>
>>36859802
Interesting cheers good explo
>>
>>36858411

I don't live by a beach, but at lakes and the pool and shit, no one wears those in 2016.
>>
File: SBj49.png (738 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
SBj49.png
738 KB, 1152x864
>>36858263
>ripped spongebob mode
>>
>>36858263
damn, 236 is dwarfing all these boardshorts faggots. mirin'
>>
>>36858563
I'll tell you, b8 or not. The darker the skin tone, the more definition is revealed. That's the source of the black genetics meme. Arnold figured this out in an early competition when he lost to an Italian he knew he was better than. The next year, he didn't change anything other than getting a tan and won.
>>
>>36859574
At lower level competitions, natties can compete, but I'm fairly sure none of the guys in that picture are natty
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.