[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good workout with weights for boxing? My current
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1350165175959.png (1 MB, 685x873) Image search: [Google]
1350165175959.png
1 MB, 685x873
What's a good workout with weights for boxing?

My current workouts are mostly all compounds 6x8-10 split into PPLxPPLx because that's the easiest for me to maintain.
>>
>>36846998
inget bög
>>
>>36846998
Ask your coach instead of a lithuanian yak milk fermentation board
>>
>>36847026

I was wondering what more than 1 person did since some of you guys aren't complete non lifting faggots
>>
>>36846998
Well if you want to be a good boxer all you really have to train is boxing and do lots of sparring. But training forarms is generally good for a powerful snap. IF you work with weights try to focus on explosive strength, instead of large Volume, which will make you big, but slow.
>>
>>36847944
Yeah man just look at tyson. He was slow as fuck.
>>
>>36847987
>>36847553

But exlosive is right, grinding out slow max weight bench won't help punching at all as a punch is a fast snap and benching is a slow push, there is little carry over.

I know this because I lift and did boxing for a spell.

OP, do explosive movements with weights. Squats will be good.
>>
>>36847987
>>36848016
I dont think tyson trained to much with weights. In all his training Videos you just see him improving his snap and as well as training peek a boo style. And he was explosive as fuark.
>>
>>36848055
Tyson routine
"His daily routine consisted of 2000 squats, 500 triceps extensions, 500 pushups, 500 shrugs with 30 kilos and 15 minutes of neck exercises. But this was only part of his strength training. He also performed about 2 hours of daily aerobic exercise and between 10 and 20 rounds of sparring and training in the ring. An example of his daily routine includes the following:

- 4:00 am: 45 minute run.
- Morning: 10 to 20 rounds in the ring.
- Afternoon: 2000 squats, 500 pushups, 500 triceps extensions, 500 neck crunches and 15 minutes of other neck exercises.
- After dinner: Cardio (Bike, rope…)
- Evening: 45 minutes of technical training."
>>
>>36847987
His dash was fast as fuck
>>
>>36848094
ONE PUNCH
>>
>>36847944
And being slow and big is not good for boxing
>>36846998
Resistance training is what you want to do. You want to get lean and light. Not big and bulky. Since you're asking us i m assuming you don't have a coach and are doing this non competitively. Your workout should be a mix of sparing, resistance and roadwork.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.