[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
creatine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: creatine-powder-600g_1.jpg (90 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
creatine-powder-600g_1.jpg
90 KB, 1000x1000
Does it really help with gains?

ITT: supplements worth taking it
>>
No.
>>
>>36845746
I use it and I think it does. I usually mix it with my preworkout on low energy days or in my whey after every workout. It's cheap as chips and has scientific evidence behind it so why not?
>>
Yes, I'm noticeably smaller when I stop taking it.
>>
Yes it does, but the effect is not "noticeable" over a short term.

Every day, and every workout only happens once. Creatine might only add a 1% performance boost to each workout, which is imperceptible short-term. But that 1% will add up to more gains over a longer period.

This is pretty much the case with all supplements though. You don't "feel" them. You just get slightly improved results over a long enough timescale that does not give the opportunity to compare day to day.
>>
File: 1410704089040.jpg (151 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1410704089040.jpg
151 KB, 800x800
>>36845746

Enjoy your balding mate
>>
>>36845836
bullshit
>>
>>36845802
This is the biggest broscience ever
>>
>>36845863

I wasn't stating the numbers as fact, just an arbitrary number to illustrate the principle of supplement usage and effect.
>>
File: 1375110975572.jpg (99 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1375110975572.jpg
99 KB, 500x669
>>36845849

Do your research before posting here roach.
>>
>>36845836
> there is no balding my family
> tfw 60y uncle has a afro (mother's brother)
>>
File: young_mc1.jpg (17 KB, 200x225) Image search: [Google]
young_mc1.jpg
17 KB, 200x225
>>36845746
glutamine, creatine, some protien but only if you can afford it and you don't have the schedule for big meals
>>
>>36845802
>but the effect is not "noticeable" over a short term.
Maybe not for strength, but size definitely.
>>
>>36845948
sounds good
why glutamine?

luckily I have time enough to prepare my meals beforehand, so no protein powder needed
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 680x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 680x850
>>
>>36845992
it helps with recovery, I had it recommended to me by more than one college strength coach
>>
It helps, and a very quick survey of google and the wikipedia page on creatine ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine_supplements ) will show you that there's plenty of studies on humans that confirm this.

There are some side-effects, but they're largely harmless; hair-loss can be accelerated if you're pre-disposed for MPB (check if your mothers father is bald, that is the best indicator.)

Does it make a huge difference? No, creatine is not tren or test which will make you blow the fuck up. You will get a few % extra, nothing you will note unless perhaps you are already quite finely attuned to your progress and you're measuring and logging quite meticulously. Eating a good breakfast or having enough sleep will likely have a way bigger influence.

Whether it's worth taking is up to you, I think it is, since it's cheap and also has some positive side-effects.
>>
>>36845964
Are you baiting? Creatine produces little to 0 size gains, all it is, is a slight increase in cell fluid volume that is practically imperceptible
>>
>>36845746

No, it gives your muscles more energy which can maybe help you squeeze out some extra reps.

It does not directly increase your muscle mass, which is why people who use creatine are still considered natty by all but the most autistic.
>>
>>36846055
>>36846070
>A study of male college football players published in 2006 found a 22% increase in resting testosterone levels, from 20.0 to 24.4 nmol/L, after a 10-week resistance training program in the creatine supplemented group compared to placebo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine_supplements#Testosterone

I believe this would effect muscle growth.
>>
>>36846038
thanks, I'll look into it
better recovering is what I'm looking for, days been tiresome af

>>36846048
good, thanks
nice to know there are mental gains, I might take it just for this
>>
>In a study from 2010 it was found that 8 weeks of resistance training together with creatine supplementation resulted in lower serum myostatin levels compared to 8 weeks of resistance training and placebo as well as to control (no resistance training or supplementation), ~98 ng/ml, ~110 ng/ml and ~120 ng/ml respectively. In a study from 2011 where broiler chickens were fed creatine for 42 days, myostatin levels were significantly decreased compared to control.

>Animals either lacking myostatin or treated with substances that block the activity of myostatin have significantly more muscle mass.

>A 2009 study examined changes in testosterone levels in college-aged male rugby players receiving Creatine supplementation.
>levels of dihydrotestosterone increased by 56% after the initial 7 days of creatine loading and remained 40% above baseline after 14 days maintenance.

>dihydrotestosterone is used clinically as an androgen and anabolic steroid.

>A study of male college football players published in 2006 found a 22% increase in resting testosterone levels, from 20.0 to 24.4 nmol/L, after a 10-week resistance training program in the creatine supplemented group compared to placebo.

>One study done in 2008 showed that levels of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-I) in muscle increased by 15% with creatine supplementation compared to placebo after 8 weeks of resistance training.

>IGF-1 is a primary mediator of the effects of growth hormone (GH). Growth hormone is made in the anterior pituitary gland, is released into the blood stream, and then stimulates the liver to produce IGF-1. IGF-1 then stimulates systemic body growth, and has growth-promoting effects on almost every cell in the body, especially skeletal muscle, cartilage, bone, liver, kidney, nerves, skin, hematopoietic cell, and lungs.
>>
>>36846055
Water retention is massive with creatine. I've literally experienced it first hand.
>>
>>36846279
Nice
>>
>>36846279
Why do all these faggot trip with useless shit, but you anon remain anonymous?
>>
>>36847290
Cause tripfags ego post, they feed on you knowing it's -them- who is posting
The anon wants their post to be about the information, not themselves
>>
File: NOW-00162-0.jpg (240 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
NOW-00162-0.jpg
240 KB, 1600x1600
L tyrosine, 5 HTP, L theanine/ caffeine

highly recommend these for people with depression, anxiety or ADD
>>
>>36845746
what happens if you take creatine sporadically on and off, does it fuck your body or just not get absorbed as much
>>
>>36845849
I started to lose my hair after only 3 days of taking it. It went back to normal as soon as I quit creatine
>>
>>36847290
he's the hero we need but don't deserve. he also doesn't need to masturbate his ego
>>
File: why you should take creatine .png (156 KB, 1079x350) Image search: [Google]
why you should take creatine .png
156 KB, 1079x350
>>36846279
thank you for posting this.

please save this screenshot and post it in other threads when people say it doesn't do shit, because it does
>>
>>36847567
why for anxiety ppls?
pls teach me anon
>>
>>36847567
i want some brain gainz. im making the order as we speak
>>
used to take it saw some water weight gains.
Then I started putting 2 scoops in my shakes instead of one.
Then after a few weeks my toes swelled up and turned purple and i stopped and haven't had a problem since.
use at own risk senpai
>>
it will help if you already have everything in check, be it routine, diet, rest and all that shit.
If you half-ass your workouts, eat like shit and party like a motherfucker, creatine the least of your concern if you are trying to make extra gains.
>>
>>36847990
ashwagandha, rhodiola, bacopa, St. John's wort
>>
>>36848051
what
>>
So im on creatine and im starting to break out to the point i have to use acne products now. Has anyone else experienced this or are they unrelated?
>>
Started using creatine monohydrate and didn't feel any different 0/10 would not recommend
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.