[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What body can i expect doing SL for 6 months? Please, for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: 1427224122701.jpg (86 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1427224122701.jpg
86 KB, 500x750
What body can i expect doing SL for 6 months?

Please, for the love of god, post an actual body not those t-rex shitposting images or the fat ones.
Something realistically.
>>
depends entirely on your diet, breh.
eat like a slobby hamplanet and do GOMAD and you will look like shit, no matter how much you work out.
and six months is not going to do much, as you will still be in your newbie phase.

diet>everything
>>
>>36843605
Let's say my diet isn't on point, i'm bulking only 300 kcal over my TDEE and most of the time i'm getting my daily protein intake.
>>
>>36843618
You'll be fine.
Just do chins and dips.

SS isn't a gains waster, it's a bodybuilding program that focuses on strength.
You can do more hypertrophy work when you're stronger at the end of the program.
>>
>>36843618
you'll end up skinnyfat but with some increased muscle mass, but just barely noticeable as your diet is shit.
there are more macros than just protein, you know.
focus on low carb intake and get your daily protein from actual food. whey powder is a crutch and is a waste of time and money if you don't eat right.
don't be afraid of fat, as fat is a great source of energy.
>>
>>36843680
Alright. All those shitty "SS got me fat" images have got me worried.
>>36843682
I'm already skinnyfat
Low carb? How am i supposed to get some mass from that then?
>>
>>36843618

You're going to look like you do now with some extra chub and muscle then. Beginning bf will greatly determine overall look. 300 kcals is not much if you figure even a 4:1 muscle:fat ratio gainswise.

I'm on the tenth month of SL + cut and down around 54 pounds and I'm showing some muscle groups decently, but still hovering around 18% bf. Legs definitely look better than my chest though I've gotten compliments on my back. Gut still looks like shit, just less of it.
>>
>>36843703
Hm, so did you start out cutting the whole 10 month? Or just eating?
>>
>>36843694

Don't ever bulk at low carb. When bulking aim for .8g/lb of protein. 30% of your calories from fat and the rest carbs. I eat about 350-400g of carbs per day when bulking and that's at a ~300 cal surplus and eating 3400-4000 calories per day depending on whether or not I lift and my activity level. I'm 6'2, 201 lbs and about 13-15% bf.
>>
>>36843742
My bulking cal are at 2300 because 5"8 150lb
>>
>>36843694
your mass comes from your total kCal. carbs from sugar is bad for you and doesn't do much positive on your body.
eat lots of meat for fat and protein, get your carbs from fiber like oats. eat your veggies for them vitamins and JESUS CHRIST, JUST READ THE FUCKING STICKY. you will NEVER make it.
>>
>>36843761
Thanks and calm down anon, i've read the sticky. Just opened up a thread because i wanted a realistic view on what body to get when going for SL/SS
>>
>>36843740

Started cutting. The way I figured it, never having lifted before, I can/could coast off newb gains while I got into the habit of working out. It's mostly worked out from there.

I'm still cutting, but should be down where I want to be before starting a lean bulk routine in roughly two more months. I expect after a year or two of that I should be right were I want to be.
>>
>>36843826
Alright, i just started lifting and continued just eating. Still flabby round the stomach and love handles. A cut wouldn't be good i feel.
>>
>>36843774
Its hard to determine.
When you start lifting you wanna visualize a realistic goal to shoot for, but it isnt that straight forward.
We cant give a realistic pic of what you could or will look like because we dont know what you look like, how your body builds muscle/ stores fat, or how effective a fullbody split is for you.

However, I will say that you will look better than you do now.
Throw in some dips/ chinups to hit the vanity muscles a bit too.
>>
>>36843861
Will do, i already feel better for sure, the looks might just come with it some time.
Just training for strength is all i want though, don't really care if i don't have a really visible sixpack or what not.
>>
I dunno how so many people go to the gym but just stick to solely SL/SS. Adding Isolation stuff and looking at your pump is the best part.
>>
>>36843890
>Just training for strength is all i want though, don't really care if i don't have a really visible sixpack or what not.
join the club senpai

Went from SL, to Greyskull, the Lyle McDonalds Upper/lower, Now Ive been on madcow for a while.
Do I look like my goal? No
Do I look better than I did a year and a half ago? not even on the same level

Keep going.
>>
>>36843948
You made me laugh anon, not sure why though.
>>
>>36843948
>Do I look better than I did a year and a half ago? not even on the same level
is that positive or negative
>>
>>36843982
kek. positive.
when I started I was at 195 ~ 25% bf. could barely squat/bench 1 pl8
Now im 192, 14% bf, squat 3 pl8, bench 2pl8

...at least I hope I look better
>>
>>36844064
atkeast yi feel better right
>>
>>36843982

it's a false-positive
>>
File: 1459294613450.jpg (475 KB, 1984x2048) Image search: [Google]
1459294613450.jpg
475 KB, 1984x2048
As a grill what kind of body can I expect with SL?
>>
>>36844095
oh yea.
But body dysmorphia is fuckin real M8.
Gotta remind myself what normies look like pretty often cause otherwise I feel that I still look like shit.
>>
Not OP
Would doing SL more than 3 times a week work as long as I have a rest day between?

So instead of AxBxAxx BxAxBxx, I would like to do AxBxAxB xAxBxAx
>>
>>36844149
that body?
>>
>>36844164

yeah2 do anything you want cant be arsed no more you cunt
>>
>>36844164
That's fine. It's only one extra day every two weeks.
>>
>>36843694
How about when cutting?
>>
>>36844255
How so
>>
>>36844263
How many grams of protein per pound and what macros should I aim for? I never figured that part out and I'd appreciate some insight.
>>
>>36843694
Don't worry about the low carb warriors.
Just eat a somewhat balanced diet.
Try low carb when cutting sometime, and see if it's for you, but now, just eat food.
>>36844273
Less than 1lbs per pound of bodyweight.
People will argue day and night about this shit, and the whole low carb/high fat vs low fat/high carb thing.
>>
>>36844375
>Try low carb when cutting sometime, and see if it's for you, but now, just eat food.
Will do anon
>>
>>36844375
this.

>>36844273
I try to go for a 30/35/35 carb/fat/protein split on a cut. I really ramp up the carbs on a bulk.
I try to shoot for atleast 150 g of protein no matter what. I try to eat more on a cut though. I thinks science shows that a bit over 1g/ kg of body mass is ideal. I prefer to err on the side of caution.
>>
>>36844435
how many scoops a day
>>
>>36844452
18 scoops per shake. 6 scoops per scoop.
>>
>>36844186
I wish
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.