[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bearmode/Strong fat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 7MRQ9.jpg (17 KB, 341x401) Image search: [Google]
7MRQ9.jpg
17 KB, 341x401
Hey /fit/, I've just started working out after becoming a fat slob (210 lbs at 5ft 10in). I played football all through highschool and was in good shape but have since let myself go. I've read the sticky and have been following it's advice (started a few says ago), however a few of my friends and family members raised a point that seems valid and is not answered by the sticky. If I workout using free weights (in addition to diet and daily cardio) will I become bear mode? Or maintain a layer of fat over muscle? My goal is to slim down and get a built, athletic body.

Tl;Dr : Does lifting weights while being fat result in a bear mode style physique?
>>
bear mode has never meant fat, it's always meant big, muscular and hairy.

whether you're labelled bearmode depends on frame, overall muscle size and how hairy you are.

if you lift while taking in a lot more calories than you burn you'll become muscular, strong and high bf% - if you lift while taking in only a little more than you burn you'll become muscular strong and your bf% will either stay the same or come down. This should have been answered in the stick, doesn't it talk about bulking/cutting?
>>
>>36843037
No because then every fat guy would lift weights and they would not end up looking like that.
>>
>>36843113
It does , but my fear essentially was that I would get stronger but retain a layered fat, so I would lack definition.
>>
>bearmode
a fat guy who lifts becomes a powerlifter
a fat guy who lifts on steroids becomes bearmode

there is some intersection between the two sets
>>
>>36843235
>bulk, make gainz
>not happy with fat? Eat less until desired bf%
>repeat
>>
>>36843288
Wouldn't cutting reduce muscle mass as well?
>>
>>36843235
you won't retain it if you cut - the issue is holding onto the muscle at the same time. I haven't been through that myself but there should be lots of resources to help you do that. Scooby has a video "How to lose fat and gain muscle" which made a lot of sense to me when I watched it.

It's entirely up to you how much definition you have - the only fixed aspect of physique is skeletal frame.
>>
>>36843376
Do you have a link to the video? I'm not sure who scooby is. As a side question, if I work out 5-6 days per week (cardio is everyday) and eat my TDEE -600 roughly how long should expect to see results?
>>
>>36843375

If you just eat less everything, yeah. You need to eat less carbs and fats, specifically. You'll lose muscle regardless if you're cutting, but the point is to lower your bf and weight, while retaining as much muscle as you can.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (181 KB, 746x1326) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
181 KB, 746x1326
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.