[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When trying to shred, is it better to lift with light weight/high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 399x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 399x399
When trying to shred, is it better to lift with light weight/high rep or just minimize lifting and just do cardio and body weight workouts?
>>
Lift the same you do as when bulking.
Just reduce number of sets by ~30%.
Do plenty of cardio too.

The "high-rep lightweight for weight loss" idea is wrong.

You are aiming to lose fat, not scale weight.

And of course, diet is by far more important than all the above points when it comes to losing fat.
>>
>>36840865
disregard this retard OP.
go light weight/high rep/high volume.
both to achieve hypertrophy and more calories burned per workout.
low volume and low reps & high weight is only good for strength gains.
do cardio at least 3 days a week.
>>
>>36840881
I usually do a half hour on the stair master and then a 20 minute run. Should I increase? Or is this good?
>>
>>36840847
That guy could look really good if he juiced a little. Mirin those insertions
>>
>>36840887
try doing 45 minute runs on one day and bicycle on the other.better to focus on duration to increase your aerobic capacity as well.
>>
File: keto.jpg (131 KB, 800x516) Image search: [Google]
keto.jpg
131 KB, 800x516
>>36840881
disregard this nonsense.

lift at a high weight to retain muscle mass, and even make strength gains. (Yes, strength gains are possible on a cut). Your deficit is achieved through dieting, not by curling for 3 more reps. I'd recommend doing cardio frequently but not necessarily for longer. It'd be better to do 10 sessions of 20 minutes as opposed to one 3 and half hour run. Reduce the catabolic effect of cardio
>>
File: dumbells.png (45 KB, 565x253) Image search: [Google]
dumbells.png
45 KB, 565x253
>>36840929
>lift at a high weight to retain muscle mass
you are stupid.even eugen sandow realised 1 hundred years ago that its not high weight that gives hypertrophy,its volume and time under tension.he advocated using 5lbs dumbbells for 130 reps and increasing the weight when you can do the next weight for 130 times.please kill yourself.
Others such as maxick used muscle control to achieve their muscular looks,not even weights.
>>
>>36840865
>>36840881
>>36840929
disregard these imbeciles

Just lift
work out for longer
eat more protein while eating less calories
>>
>>36840847

Heavy weight, low volume (3x5 instead of 5x5), frequency depends on where you're at (beginner 3x a week, intermediate 2x a week, otherwise dat deficit & freq will make you sick asap).

Cardio is additional, I notice I get the best results doing fasted LISS, but it's all about dat dere diet.

Also cold showers are beastly if you can hack them, over a year you can add like 9lb of fat loss in because of how they activate brown fat.

Sure 9lb of fat isn't much, until you think of it in terms of having a whole family pizza once a month.
>>
so many fucking memes in this thread. why don't you google it instead of listing to these retards. The general view is to continue to lift heavy and reduce the total volume
>>
I mean if you really want the scientific approach you should still be doing a hypertrophy routine e.g. 60-120 reps a week of 70%-80% 1RM with an 8-12 rep range

you need to be blasting your muscles to keep IGF-1 high so you can maintain as much muscle mass as possible

you'll probably be closer to 60 reps than 120, though, because you'll have massive CNS stress/burnout on a major deficit + cardio unless you sleep 10+ hours a day, can get a proper massage a few times a week, or are on test
>>
>>36840847
there are alot of retards ITT, just read what Lyle McDonald has to say about this. He knows his shit better than random shitposting anons:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/weight-training-for-fat-loss-part-1.html/
>>
>>36842563
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/weight-training-for-fat-loss-part-2.html/
Forgot to attach part 2
>>
>>36841358
That cold shower thing sounds like a meme
>>
>>36840847
Just cut on tren. Makes your question obsolete.

This is my first time cutting with tren and let me tell you. I went with the "less volume, more weight" idea... Ended up doing more volume, more weight.

>tfw accidentally did 10x10 on lifts I usually only do 3 sets of... at the same weight. On a -700 deficit
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.