[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
shitty hamstrings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: standing-half-forward-bend.png (707 KB, 517x521) Image search: [Google]
standing-half-forward-bend.png
707 KB, 517x521
So a while back I found out that I apparently have "short hamstrings" which is why I can't deadlift with proper form. I can't even reach the fucking bar without arching my lower back. I've been trying to do forward bends like pic related with my back kept straight but I literally can't even reach parallel, let alone touch my toes. Can stretching really fix a problem this severe? Am I going to be stuck doing bitch exercises forever?
>>
>>36839554
Shiiiiiet you're spose to be able to reach the bar without rounding?
>>
>>36839554
>will stretching improve my flexibility?

Faggot
>>
>>36839554
>Am I going to be stuck doing bitch exercises forever?
>im too cool for stretching
>im a 16 year old idiot
>>
>>36839554
Such a faggot you are.
>>
>>36839554
fuck this board... no one helps worth shit

I have the same problem, I'm just trying to stretch as much as possible
>>
>>36839554
stretch your hips, hams and calves everyday
that'll take 30min of your day and yes, it will fix your problem
>>
>>36839554
wow what a bunch of assholes on this thread.
Just like someone with "normal" hamstrings starts stretching until they get flexible (every gymnast, martial artist and yoga practitioner out there is probably more flexible than they were when they started) so can you increase your flexibility to a degree.
your "shortness" is probably less genetic and more from a lifetime of not stretching your legs properly.
I highly recommend Alan Thrall's video on warmups, very extensive.
also supplement your deadlift with other lower back exercises until you can use proper form.
Good luck OP, shit's not easy.
>>
>>36839843
kek
>>
>>36839554
>>36839982
I had a hard time with my hamstrings until I started doing RDLs. Doing RDLs makes the hamstrings stronger, and as you progress, you'll be able to stretch them more and more. I'd recommend them as a replacement to deadlifts until you can place the bar on the ground without rounding your lower back. Good luck!
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.