[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
will vaping give me cancer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Suh /fit/

Been smoking cigs for 10 years and I'm too weak to stop.
Thinking of making the switch to e cigs..... But all the info about relative health impact of vaping is overwhelming and contradictory.

Anyone got any objective sources about health risks of vaping?
>>
>>36838530
so here is my thing, nicotine is a vasoconstrictor, even if you are not damaging your lungs by smoking, the people i know who vape set their ecigs to ridiculous levels. to a point where its way more nicotine than they would be if they smoked cigs. increase in blood pressure from vasoconstrictor increases risks for heart attacks and strokes.
>>
>>36838572
i have no idea about cancer though but i guess we will find out in a few years
>>
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4110871/

The general consensus is it's still not good for you, but it is significantly less bad than cigarettes. Best case scenario you switch to vaping and taper off over time to nothing, since you can't go cold turkey.
>>
why are people who vape such obnoxious fags?
>>
>>36838596
People who lack brain cells and have money to spend on (relatively) expensive fads usually are. It's been the same with ear gauges, tribal tats, making shitty mobile apps, and guys who buy test booster-type witchcraft supps.
>>
>>36838632
>test booster-type witchcraft supp

kek
>>
>>36838530
>way better than smoking cigs
>probably worse than not smoking at all
also it makes you a faggot but you are already on /fit/ so thats no problem
>>
>>36838596
>why are people who vape such obnoxious fags?
why do you think they are obnoxious faggots? because you've seen it on the internet? are people you have met in real life who vape obnoxious faggots, or is it an internet meme started by tobacco companies?
>>
>>36838530
We probably won't be able to say for sure (or with relative certainty) until about ten or twenty years down the road when the early adopters start dying or not dying. Chances are it's something along these lines: it's bad for you, but not as bad as cigarettes, and if you genuinely cannot quit without it it's a better alternative to continuing smoking.
>>
>>36838530
>will vaping give me cancer
no one knows yet, but cigarettes will definitely give you emphysema, COPD, heart disease, hardened arteries, and yellow teeth and may give you cancer. You have the will power to train your body and follow a nutrition plan then you have the willpower to quit poisoning yourself. Harden the fuck up and quit the cigs cold turkey
>>
>>36838530
>Been smoking cigs for 10 years and I'm too weak to stop.
Oh for fuck's sake if that's actually true then turn in your /fit/ card and turn in your Man card while you're at it, because you're not either one. Or you can man the fuck up and quit cold turkey. Or continue being a weak fag, IDGAF.
>>
>>36838530
Does social cancer count? If so, yes.

Fuck off with your mouth fedora
>>
>>36838530

I'm no expert by any means, but here in Australia, we don't sell E-cigs with nicotine in them.

But e-cigs are also water vapor I think, but with a few added chemicals. So..

It probably won't give you cancer, but there's no actual effect. You just get to blow out smoke.
>>
>>36838970
>Does social cancer count? If so, yes.
>Fuck off with your mouth fedora
how much do you get paid by big tobacco to post that, or do you do it for free?
>>
File: 291-jingle-bell-rock.png (303 KB, 800x385) Image search: [Google]
291-jingle-bell-rock.png
303 KB, 800x385
>>36838632
>(relatively) expensive fads
Compared to cigarettes, vapes are dirt cheap. Once you had your vape pen (50 bucks), the fluid is pretty cheap. Before I quit altogether, I was spending around 20 bucks every 2 weeks for juice. Compare that to the 7 dollars a day for a pack I was on and its substantially cheaper than cigs.

Of course it's easier to attack and defame others with an "us versus them" stereotype than it is to come up with a logical argument.

Fagget
>>
>>36838591
>Best case scenario you switch to vaping and taper off over time to nothing, since you can't go cold turkey.

This is exactly what I did. Vaped for a month or 2 and by then cigarettes tasted disgusting
>>
>>36838530
Doesn't seem like a hard choice

cigs - will definitely give you cancer
e-cigs - might give you cancer

Just quit you pussy.
>>
I live in Italy and here there's no negative stigma associated with people who vape. Occasionaly you'll get a random comment/question like "What does it taste like?" "Is it healthy?" "Did you quit smoking?", but none of this mouth fedora bullshit I see posted online. Granted, most people including me use basic penlike cheapo sets and don't go full autismo with flavours, most common ones are shit like mint or virginia tobacco.
Are vapers in Murka genuinely unsuffereable twats with cloud blowing mega sets who vape peanut butter cinnamon custard abomination or is it a meme started by le clever tobacco man?
>>
>>36838530
Look at it this way: whatever the risks are, it's still better for you than inhaling burning plant matter and aerosolized industrial pesticides.

But really the best thing to do is to switch to vaping and then taper off.

>>36839315
>Are vapers in Murka genuinely unsuffereable twats with cloud blowing mega sets who vape peanut butter cinnamon custard abomination or is it a meme started by le clever tobacco man?
Some of both, really. Plenty of people use them just to avoid tobacco while scratching their nicotine itch and some people vape as a hobby or because they find it relaxing but you have your fair share of obnoxious frat bro/chad types, DUDE VAPE LMAO stoners and pseudo-stoners as well as a fair distribution of fedoras who think they're being hip and mature.
>>
>>36838596
t. Cigarette Internet Defense Force
>>
> roids are cool nicotine vapor is bad.

Never change /fit/
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.