[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK i'm going to preface this with i do not spend time on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: shoes.jpg (154 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
shoes.jpg
154 KB, 1600x1200
OK i'm going to preface this with i do not spend time on /fit/ and i am 50 lb. overweight

Whenever I walk semi long distances (like a quarter mile) my ankles hurt like hell is it the way I walk or is it possibly my shoes? because i refuse to believe that people walk for exercise through the pain I face. Can someone please help me figure out what im doing wrong

pic related these are my shoes
>>
get some nice shoes for walking and don't run cause ur gonna fuk ur knees
>>
Get actual walking shoes, and not cheap walmart shit. Do some research, it's worth it to pay extra up front if you know what you're getting

And don't run, just keep to walking
>>
Your ankles hurt because you are overweight you fat fuck. Lose some weight
>>
>>36837754
im not looking to run or walk for exercise necessarily but I find myself walking this far sometimes
>>
>i am 50 lb. overweight
okay there's your problem. you can delete your thread now
>>
>>36837740
your fatness and extra is slowly fucking up your joints.

better get it under control bro, sure you can get some new shoes and inserts... but you're only putting a bandaid on the problem
>>
>>36837740

No shoes will fix your shit. You're fat and your ankles are groaning under the weight of your disgusting gut. You know. Your shoes aren't the problem. You wouldn't have mentioned your weight otherwise.

Read the sticky on losing weight and fix it.
>>
>>36837796
>>36837773
>>36837754
50lbs overweight honestly should not debilitate someone that bad. I'm around 40 pounds overweight (should be 170 and I am 210,in the middle of losing it) and I run 5 miles 3 times a week no problem. I guess buy better shoes is the easiest fix.
>>
thanks for the input
>>
>>36837844
50lbs overweight doesnt mean jack unless he posts his current height and current BW
>>
>>36837740

You've got to swim for your cardio until you're light enough that simple walking isn't killing you.

Honestly though, you're probably more than 50 pounds overweight. I'm 280 at 6'3" and regularly run 3 miles with no pain. Even when I was at 330 I could walk 6 miles without much trouble. So either you're 30-50 pounds heavier than you think you are and your sedentary lifestyle has robbed you of the strength to move your bulk, or your bones are fucked.

My guess is the former. Everyone drastically underestimates their body fat.
>>
>>36837876
Seriously, fat people dramatically underestimate how much excess fat they have. I was 244, thought I'd be thin at 200. Currently at 175 and still feel fat
>>
>>36837740

Your shoes are not conducive to weight loss, go barefoot if you can or use some decent sneakers
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.