[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hairloss Thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13
File: Hairloss.jpg (20 KB, 550x324) Image search: [Google]
Hairloss.jpg
20 KB, 550x324
Anybody on this thread know anything about hair loss prevention/hair health? I recently noticed my hair was thinning on top, but no one in my family has any hair loss. I know it's kinda impossible to tell without any sort of testing, but I really think it's because of my diet. I recently switched over to diet coke and I think the aspartame is causing my hair loss. Anyone else in the same boat?
>>
>>36837437

> balding at 20
> currently skinny fat trying to put on some muscle
> increasing testosterone accelerates hair loss
> can't grow a solid beard yet

I've given up on hope. Best I can do is minimize the loss for the next few years before I shave it all off altogether.
>>
>>36837437
>>36837965
start taking propecia/finisteride right away. I started losing hair at 19 and now I have Matt Damon's hair now which isnt bad for what it could have been
>>
>>36838212
How do I get those?
>>
>>36837437
28 and have long hair, also on test. You guys have shit genetics.
>>
>>36838307
Why are you on test then?
>>
File: 1454896346336.jpg (95 KB, 724x720) Image search: [Google]
1454896346336.jpg
95 KB, 724x720
>>36838330
because I can afford it, feels good man.
>>
>>36838359
I can afford meth but that doesn't mean I run out and get it.
>>
>>36838359
Better hope the prostitute you hire doesn't see it in your bathroom or else she is gonna laugh at you and tell all her whore friends
>>
minoxidil 5% solution morning and night for the rest of your life.
>>
>>36838402
Not that guy, but I'm on test because I need it (I have one nut). Don't really care if my prostitutes find out, unless I'm also paying them to do my bloodwork.
>>
File: AsianBaby.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
AsianBaby.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
>he doesn't shave his head and grow beardage
>>
File: 1454894657285.jpg (117 KB, 1012x1088) Image search: [Google]
1454894657285.jpg
117 KB, 1012x1088
>>36838399
missing out baka senpai
>>36838402
>Lifting for women
>>
anyone have problems with erections or sex drive after taking hair loss drugs?
>>
>>36838583
So far with the lotion, no.

Orgasmed twice already today.
>>
>>36837437
lol I'm turning 20 in june and my hair is pretty much see-through. It's so sparse, and my hairline has receded quite a bit. You can't tell if I get a haircut, but I never let my hair grow out now. I really wanna shave my head.
>>
I'm also 28 and still have a full head of hair. Am I good or could I still go bald?
>>
>>36838610
just do it man, i did it last week and it's great
21 btw
>>
>>36837965
Just shave it now honestly. I am 23, and I have been noticeably balding since 18. I tried cutting it short and hiding it in a hat for a long time, and thought about shaving it since January. Two weeks ago I shaved it all off and immediately I got a ton of attention; a lot of it positive, some neutral, none of it blatantly negative (one of the managers saw me today and said "wow that's a shiny head", I wasn't sure of what to make of that). I thought I wasn't going to like it at all, but honestly I'm already used to it, and I'm probably going to keep it this way.

I say try it and see how it goes. If it goes bad then you know what to expect in a few years, or you might save yourself a lot of heartache by finally accepting your baldness.
>>
>>36838275
set up an appointment with your doctor then get then fill prescription at walmart/costco cause its cheap as fuck
>>
>>36838708
I have kaiser. Do I talk to a general doctor or a dermatologist or what?
>>
File: 1324887705459.png (3 KB, 209x215) Image search: [Google]
1324887705459.png
3 KB, 209x215
>Had thin hair when I was 10
>Had thin hair when I was 16
>Have thin hair now

All of those hints from the universe and I still embarrassed myself by insisting on growing long hair in high school.
>>
File: WP_20160417_002[1].jpg (363 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160417_002[1].jpg
363 KB, 720x1280
24 and I'm really bald, have extremely shit facial aesthetics.

Basically means I'll be a virgin forever but I'm ok with it because that means I can't spread my baldness to others and I'll atleast save my kid from getting this disease.

I'd like to not be kissless and hugless though, getting those two things done would be nice I have to admit.
>>
File: bald-guys-are-hot-comic.jpg (122 KB, 650x953) Image search: [Google]
bald-guys-are-hot-comic.jpg
122 KB, 650x953
>>36838555
You do realize there's more to it than "just shave your head and grow a beard bro", right? Sure it'll work if you're tall, handsome, fit and have a good head shape, but a balding dyel manlet is pretty much destined to use fin/minox ad infinitum
>>
>>36838715
not that anon, but I have kaiser too and have been on fin for 4 years with no negative sides. Go set up an appointment with your general doctor and ask for the 5mg finasteride prescription. It ends up being wayyyy cheaper than the 1mg version when you cut it up into fourths. Costs me $40 a year to get it filled from Target. I think you tell him where to send the prescription when you talk to him, dont remember tho.

Youll have to send him an email every year asking for him to renew your refills, but thats pretty much it. God speed..
>>
>>36839590
pics of face?
>>
>>36839590
You need to get a life anon. Start lifting and quit posting these depressing hair loss posts. Nothing good will come from it. Good luck
>>
>>36838617
You could still go bald for sure. If you're balding at any age past 27 it's not too bad, but when you're college age/ fresh post-college it's a huge blow to self esteem
>>
>>36839781
Fuck no only two people in my life have a recent face picture of me, one of which has passed away.

>>36839838
Yeah being 28 doesn't mean anything, balding could still start at basically any point at that age.

However past like ...30 it barely even matters and you could shave and you'd be fine.
>>
26 here and I have super thick hair and no one in my family has balding, but recently I've noticed that the corners of my hairline have retreated quite a bit.

Are these normal balding signs or will I just end up looking like Vegeta or some shit?
>>
>>36838583
I do two weeks of pills one week break to help fight the symptoms.

The pills stop hair from from falling out but regrowth is from whatever stuff you rub into your scalp(I just started Ashley and Martin, 3500AUD 8 month course)
>>
>>36839894
Hairline retractinc is extremely normal and it's impossible to predict how it will end up looking down the line.

If you're worried take fin but I wouldn't recommend it.

>>36839813
I missed this post sorry, I don't really have anything else to do because I spend all my time at home being depressed and full off self pity.
>>
>>36839912
>3500
what the everloving fuck

>>36840124
I have two things to say.ask you

1. Why wouldn't you recommend fin? Have you taken it? What's your experience with it?

2. Listen to me man, all you have to do is put yourself out there and throw yourself into something. Literally any type of social interaction is much better than none at all, so get a hobby that requires you be around other people.
>>
>>36840142
I don't like being in public because I'm socially awkward and I dislike when people look at me in general.

The reason I don't recommend fin is because it gave me sides so I'm biased against it.

However if you're actually worried about your hair give it a shot but absolutely drop it if you notice any sides, they can stick and it's generally not worth it.

Also both fin and minox are most effective for the scalp, not the hairline so while there's a good chance of retaining and stopping your hairline from regressing too much it also could do absolutely nothing.

Don't forget it's lifelong, you stop you lose anything you gained or held on to.
>>
>baldfags

Daily reminder you guys are as bad as cutfags
>>
>>36841012
how the fuck is it the same when balding cant be stopped lol
>>
>>36841078

>having a part of dick cut off
>can be stopped

You must be a non-ameritard
>>
>>36841225
rigth ill cut off one of my balls and stop my hairloss!
>>
Just wait like 5 years and get follicles produced ex vivo from autologous induced pluripotent stem cells and have them implanted.
>>
Does weigh lifting cause hair loss?
>>
Taking minoxidil atm

Will carry on for couple years just to keep long hair, then I'll shave it off. Got good head/facial hair for bald so yolo
>>
>>36842956

Even if it's cured (at a cost of, say, $5,000 for a one-time treatment) in the next 5 years?
>>
>>36843009
not the guy you're reffering to
but for a one time cure treatment i would be willing to pay much MUCH more than that, i can imagine taking like a big ass 100k loan if needed and a cure was avilable..
>>
Take care of your scalp and have good genes.

Anyone telling you otherwise is spouting memes or trying to sell you something.
>>
>>36841012
>being uncut
>>
>>36843009
It wont be cured in the next 5, even 10 years tho
>>
>>36837437
Lol imagine being bald AND a manlet lmao
>>
File: 1459380287650.jpg (1 MB, 1920x3300) Image search: [Google]
1459380287650.jpg
1 MB, 1920x3300
>>36837437

Pic related. It works, if you dont believe me, well then jump on finas and lose your boner
>>
>>36839602
lmao, that pic can be applied to basically everything in life. Its the sad truth. When hot people do stuff, its hot because they are hot. If an ugly dood does "hot stuff" its not hot anymore.

If that makes sense.

As long as you are hot, you can get away with everything.
>>
>>36844019
Except "hot" is 75% personality to girls. You could be a greek god and sperg out once and you're an instant 2/10 wouldn't fuck.
>>
File: uOESBh2.png (269 KB, 450x325) Image search: [Google]
uOESBh2.png
269 KB, 450x325
>>36844092

Lmao stop spreading this bullshit giving false hope to ugly mofos.

pic related
>>
>>36844092
Fucking bullshit. Hot guys can be autistic and spill spaghetti, and it will come off as cute or whatever for girls.

Not saying ugly people are lost, but being attractive makes the game 500x easier.

How do you think do douchebags get away with their bad behaviour.
>>
lol fucking baldlets, when will they learn?
>>
>>36844176
Imagine the guy on the left told a really awkward unfunny joke at a party and nobody laughed, he would be literally unfuckable after that
>>
>>36844256
No he wouldnt. Dont fucking fool yourself.
Obviously a bad joke is still a bad joke, but the difference is:

Guy on the right will be made fun of even days after that party, and people will mock him for making that bad joke.

If the guy on the left cracks a bad joke, it will be awkward for the moment, but people will forget about it after just a few minutes.

Facelets dont fool yourself, it only makes it worse.
>>
>>36844092
Not sure if trolling. This is completely wrong and the worst advice anyone could possibly give.

Looks are MORE important to girls than they are to guys. The only time this is not true is when a guy has an insane amount of money/status.
>>
>>36844256
Everyone is a little awkward at times. How you handle your awkwardness is the true litmus test. A person with zero confidence will be mortified and stifled the rest of the night while one that is truly confident will drop the awkward comment, joke etc. and move on without skipping a beat. People notice.
>>
>>36843009
Yeah I'd probs go for that desu (I am the original guy you posed the q to)

5000 is really inexpensive to be fair, although like I said it's not an absolute necessity for me. There are guys who literally look like shit bald and I cri 4 them
>>
>>36843988
0/10
>>
Never really understood why men (or you young-uns on /fit/) are so insecure about baldness. For most it looks perfectly fine.

I'd be worried if you were a woman going bald.
>>
>>36839894
more answers on this SVP if anyone else has had this experience.

I'm the same, dad and his brothers as well as his dad, also moms dad and brothers all have hair, but I used to have a straight hairline and at only 22 Im noticing more of a peak...
>>
>>36844381
Exactly, and if he did the latter he'd be lucky to get a fat chick.
>>
>>36844641
*the former
>>
I have a gray spot on an otherwise full head of hair. Thanks Houthis
>>
>>36844176
I just lmao in public. People are looking at me wierd as fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 780x871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 780x871
You can stop it!
>>
>>36844555

Thick, healthy looking hair is like the first sign for a strong male.

Balding is a sign of decay, a sign of low testosterone. A sign of weakness.

What is it that makes lion's so faboulus and majestic? Its the mane yes. But not only for us humans, for other lions too.

If woman didnt care if a men was bald or not, we wouldnt care either. But they do care, a fuck ton.

And woman who say they dont care about it, are either lying or 40+ year old. And we are young handsome men. Young and athletic, we want to attract tight and wet pussys.
>>
>>36844176
Prime Gandy was a fucking God. I mean he still is now, but fucking hell. Just imagine looking like that for a day. This is why I support eugenics, people NEED to be made more beautiful.
>>
Is there a link between mastermabating and balding?
>>
File: stupid.png (43 KB, 613x481) Image search: [Google]
stupid.png
43 KB, 613x481
>>36845217
>balding a sign of low test

confirmed for knowing nothing, pic absolutely related
>>
>>36843541
Fin works for retaining, but the sides are also real.

Just depends on the risks you want to take really.
>>
>>36844555
I started balding quite young.

Let me tell you that women care, holy fuck they do.

But depending on facegenes it might not be the worst thing, being really short in the west is arguably always worse.
>>
>>36845831

> HUUR BALD MEN ARE HIGHT TEST

Fuck off idiot.

Also roids dont fucking count, they give testosterone levels that will never be found in a natural male.

>>36845475
Yes.

Fapping a lot = low test

low test = weak and thin hair

weak and thin hair = prolly gonna fall of

hair that prolly falls off = a bald head.
>>
>>36840142
Yeah it's expensive as fuck and I keep having to buy that shit to rub in even after the 8 months but I'm 20 now and by the time I'm 30 I probably won't care if I'm losing hair and will stop then
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.