[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any bros with a clavicle plate have issues with benching? I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: F8.large.jpg (133 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
F8.large.jpg
133 KB, 1280x960
Any bros with a clavicle plate have issues with benching? I can't get over 230x5 without my shit feeling like it's gonna snap.. what do?
>>
You have a basically metal bone how the fuck is that gonna snap? If anything you should be able to bench more.
>>
>>36836349
the plate just makes the bone stable during healing. the bolts mean there are holes in the bone.
>>
>>36836349
Bone is 5x stronger than steel.
>>
>>36836724
My bone is 5x stronger in your mom
>>
>>36836724
Why don't they build buildings with bones then?
>>
>>36836751
Jet fuel melts bone
>>
>>36836751
>build building with bones
>look at that giant erection!
>>
File: image.jpg (210 KB, 728x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210 KB, 728x484
>>36836751
>>
>>36836724
There is no way you are this retarded
>>
>>36836823
not him but
>Weight for weight, bone is five times stronger than steel, but it is very light. The skeleton makes up only one-sixth of an adult's weight.
>>
>>36836761
I laughed way harder than I should have
>>
>>36836242
Op, I shattered my collarbone and had a plate installed too. When I got back into lifting there was a lot of related popping and some mild discomfort (especially with dips). But the more you lift the stronger the tissue around the plate gets and exercise becomes less painful.. After about month 5 I was lifting with almost no pain at all and now I'm doing 90lb weighted dips. Basically, work through it and the discomfort will go away. Obviously if it becomes excruciating or you feel it is causing you injury then slow down and give yourself adequate rest time, or consult doctor if it seems to be getting worse
>>
>>36836242

I have a severed AC ligament, which I suppose is a similar handicap to what you're dealing with.

Couldn't push out 185 without suffering tremendous pain. What got me through was the spoto press. Work with 70-80% of your 5 RM, pause it an inch or two off your chest for ~2 seconds (on the last rep you can pause longer if you'd like). Best to go with 6x4 or 5x3 - good luck, brah.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.