[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DDP Yoga. Is it worth the time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: DDP-Yoga-1.jpg (59 KB, 537x480) Image search: [Google]
DDP-Yoga-1.jpg
59 KB, 537x480
So I've got a jacked up lower back. Tried to do numerous weight lifting workouts but the pain always stops me from making it a routine. Stretching and cardio are activities that I'm actually able to do. So my assumption would be that this would be something I could also do.

They claim to do no weight lifting in this program but all looked ripped. Is this actually possible or a pipe dream?
>>
>>36829570
buyed the pack few years back. in my closet since then... never really used it
>>
>>36829993
i mean bought, english isn't my native language
>>
>>36829570
This shit won't get you ripped, but it might help with your lower back. Fix your back first, then lift weights.
>>
>>36829570

> no weight lifting in this program

No shit, Sherlock. It's yoga. No one in the history of mankind has ever gotten ripped doing just yoga.

Read the sticky and go find a yoga class in your area where someone can actually teach you what to do. Don't waste money on celebrity workout horseshit. You need personal guidance considering you have a back injury. As an added plus, you'll be in the presence of women in yoga pants and bare feet contorting their bodies in aesthetically pleasing ways
>>
File: 1429108077086.png (297 KB, 846x716) Image search: [Google]
1429108077086.png
297 KB, 846x716
>this is real
>no one seems horrified
>>
>>36829570
I thought that guy was Guy Fieri without the hair for a second.
Is he gonna take me to Yogatown?
>>
>>36829570
Just. Do. Deadlifts.

They are literally the most effective rehabilitative exercise for the back known to man..

Just pick up an empty barbell and deadlift it (too easy? Add a 25 to each side)

No shame in baby weight to clear up an injury.
>>
>>36829570
get Stuart McGill's book Back Mechanic
>>
Holy shit, all the autistic passive aggression in this thread...

This all depends on what you mean by "ripped", OP. Everyone should do yoga because it keeps your back healthy and flexible. The human back is very poorly designed for what our species does from day to day. Our back have not evolved to suit the rest of our body. Lifting weights and building muscle in the back is good, but, when it comes to back health, despite how much the angry autistic children who don't even do yoga in this thread will argue -- yoga is better for your back than lifting weights. There are 70 year old women on tv doing yoga, bending in positions, living healthier than the tryhard, "spartans never quit", "do it for Zyzz" could ever hope to live.

I love lifting weights or I wouldn't be here, but honestly, every human being should do yoga.

That said, watching your diet and doing any full body exercise can make you "ripped". You won't get enormous, but by social standards, when you drop enough bf and develop enough muscle, people will consider you ripped. Yoga will develop your muscle, not as fast or ever as big as lifting weights, but it WILL develop muscle.

If your goal is to get jacked asap, lift weights, do cardio, hit your macros and get some sleep. But at some point I strongly recommend you get into yoga.
>>
>>36830785
I've only heard great things about this program actually. DDP has had a lot of success training those who are unable to weight train right now
>>
>>36830898
Deadlifts are probably how he fucked up his lower back. Don't be a retard
>>
It's actually pretty good.

Gets your heart-rate up and helps with flexibility -- and it's goddamn DDP.
>>
>>36830957
Flexibility/mobility training is far more fun and effective.

Just 3-5 mins a day and I am more flexible than most yoga faggots, and I don't have to do faggy yoga.

Not even worthwhile for cardio, compared to anaerobic cardio like barbell complexes.
>>
>>36831023
The only retard here is you, nonlifting faggot.

The only way you could injure your back is by deadlifting with improper form. And the best way to fix an injury like that?
Deadlifting with correct form, starting with babyweight.

They did a science, and found deadlifts more effective a rehabilitative exercise than everything it was compared against.
>>
>>36831096
>They did a science
>>
>>36831104
They did, you know.
>>
>>36831104
study, obviously.

and I remember that one. ranking was something like

strength training > yoga = chiropractic = massage > bed rest
>>
File: 1455744035243.png (498 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
1455744035243.png
498 KB, 600x665
>>36831096
>The only way you could injure your back is by deadlifting with improper form.
>>
File: ya.jpg (22 KB, 300x286) Image search: [Google]
ya.jpg
22 KB, 300x286
>>36831056
>faggy yoga.
>>
>>36829570
>They claim to do no weight lifting in this program but all looked ripped.
DDP Yoga never claims to get you ripped. What you saw was the old YRG videos which had already fit people in it. The DDP Yoga videos have older people who used to program to lose weight and/or recover from injury in them.

I used DDP Yoga for about 4 months. I had lower back pain and couldn't even sleep because my back would seize up and hurt in the middle of the night. By the time I was done my back pain was gone and I got my flexibility back. I hadn't been that limber since high school. I had lost about 35 lbs too. The program works. It's a good low impact way for someone with injures to recover and for someone just starting weight loss to get motivated. I will say this: It can get repetitive and boring. Even with mixing up the different videos so it's best to use it as a supplement to an existing regiment.
I never felt better while doing DDP Yoga. I think a lot of guys should give it a shot.
>>
>>36829570
The only torrent I could find took weeks to fully download. I did 1 or 2 videos. They were each like 5 or 10 minutes long and didn't raise my heartrate at all.

He checked his heartrate throughout and ended up at like 120 bpm. I don't understand it, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone looking for a hard workout. The thing is, after you do a video a couple times, that's all there is to it. There's no progression to be made aside from maybe doing the video twice. His advice to 'make it your own' is literally just 'squeeze your muscle harder without any ACTUAL resistance.'

I doubt Eugene Sandow truly got his body by doing that, as the rumors say.
>>
I've done this and p90x yoga.

I fine DDP is easier and I think it has had really good marketing. p90x gets your legs a lot more flexible that DDP. DDP is definitely more traditional. further DDP has a lot more yoga progression. but in terms of a routine it's purely supplementary. as is all yoga.
>>
>>36831056
>annon's survey included his mom, dad and cousin Zeke.
>>
>>36832422
You didn't do the full videos then. The full videos run over 25 minutes.
By the time you do one of the 30 minute plus routines you'll be feeling something.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.