[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't the average American man lift anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
Why doesn't the average American man lift anymore?
>>
>>36829559
Because he'd rather eat cheeseburgers and watch the big game?
Eating shitty food is so normie nowadays.
>>
>>36829559
Complacency with being mediocre is one of the reasons.
Seeing videos like this makes me really sad tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fISgKl8dB3M
>>
>>36829559

What do you mean, anymore? The average man, worldwide, has never lifted. It's debatable that they've even tried and failed, let alone lifted for a good amount of time in their lives. This isn't new, anon.

I'd wager even the majority of people that come to /fit/ will (and have) fail within the first year of trying and never attempt again.
>>
>Fat acceptance
Also murica is a clown nation. Just look at their candidates.
>>
>>36829559
If anything more people lift now with crossfit shit than ever before
>>
>>36829583
Where did it all go wrong...
>>
>>36829618
>Based Bernie
>A clown
>>
>>36829583
I wish I was a qt twink in a rural 60's american highschool
No homo
>>
>>36829683
>basic understanding of economics
>being a clown
choose 1
>>
>>36829683
Grandpa Commie Cuck is the biggest clown of all
>>
Culture that promotes mediocrity
Strength no longer an important factor in modern society
Sedentary lifestyles for some; active, non-lifting lifestyles for others (hiking, climbing, biking etc.)
>>
File: 1460884391233.jpg (17 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1460884391233.jpg
17 KB, 313x286
>>36829855
people like to complain about the economy (even though it's been doing better, thanks Obama) and then accuse outliers (read: not the status quo) of "not understanding basic economics"

maybe the plebeian understanding of "basic economics" is completely wrong and laissez-faire capitalism might, just might have some flaws

>but the free market!
the free market is just a meme

I mean jesus christ people this is America in the year 2016 yet healthcare and education are considered *controversial* topics lmao just fucking lmao
>>
>>36829559
Feminism has made masculinity evil
>>
>>36829938

>cum on, its 2016

Know your place commie cuck, your kind is not welcome here. The only reason the free market is failing is because it is never actually free.
>>
>>36829583
Jesuschrist. I wish such program existed when I was in high school.
>>
>>36829938
I live in country with free healthcare and I rather pay a couple hundred euros for an instant visit to the doctor than first waiting in line 8 hours to see a nurse and then 2 weeks for a doctor. And despite not using that shitty service, I'm paying more than half of my salary taxes (when accounting the VAT).

Also, you're practically right about the free market being a meme, but you also don't seem to have a clue what the word means. It being a meme has nothing to do with it's effectiveness as a driving force for the westerns world.
>>
>>36829618
Fat Acceptance is actually a minority group, surprisingly. It's much less common than /fit/ would have you believe. The average American is just a lazy motherfucker.
>>
>>36829583

>bodyweight and cardio
>get shit on by this board
>>
Because it serves no purpose.
>>
>>36829602
This

The average man stayed in shape by doing physical labor and didn't have time for silly shit like going to gyms.
>>
Most American men have bellies like pregnant woman. What went wrong?
>>
The average American man never lifted. Lifting is a diet industry meme.
>>
Zero motivation due to SJW and HAES nonsense.
>>
>>36831575
Those movements are almost entirely for/comprised of women though
>>
>>36829559
The meme that masculinity is toxic and redundant and all athletic people are meatheads has taken hold.
>>
Less manual labor and more sitting at desks for 8 hours a day combined with an increase in fatty, sugary foods.
>>
>>36832904
When I started lifting my goal was (and kind of still is) for people to assume I'm an idiot meathead when they see me. I used to be a skinny hipster bitchboy so it's quite the change.
>>
>>36829559
Jews.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.