[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the best sport and why is it wrestling?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: 23dake-superJumbo.jpg (317 KB, 2048x1290) Image search: [Google]
23dake-superJumbo.jpg
317 KB, 2048x1290
>>
Boxing

/thread
>>
Former college wrestler and high school coach here. Wrestling and MMA are my favorites. So tough on your body though. Tore a hammy and it is a drag to do legs now
>>
>>36818953
Wrestling because of the nice outfits
No homo
>>
I'm from Mexico and I never did wrestling
Is wrestling a common thing in US school?
>>
>>36818970
yeah i wrestled in high school and it was the best

i also did cross country and got pretty good cuz i have long legs

do you still do and mma as a hobby?
>>
>>36818953
I wish I would have known how much a simple exercise program of compounds could have push my strength without making me put on weight.
>>36818997
In the midwest regions it is. Ohio over to Oklahoma. Not so much in other places.
>>
Hockey, how can you beat a sport where you literally strap razors to your feet and travel at up 45kph while shooting around what is essentially a giant rubber bullet?
>>
File: illiois-martinez-012216.jpg (168 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
illiois-martinez-012216.jpg
168 KB, 640x360
>>36818992
super rewarding too, you track your individual progress

>>36818997
yeah americans are very competitive about it especially in the blue collar midwest
>>
I'm in the Marines and I shit you not like every other guy I know was a wrestler in HS. Definitely a top tier sport for /fit/.

I'm going to encourage my kid to do track/cross country and wrestling. Dem general fitness gains.
>>
>>36819047
The only problem with Wrestling is it produces 2 kinds of kids. Generally cool alpha guys and weird smelly wrestling autists. Be warned senpai.
>>
>>36819047
cross country was super fun, just running in the woods with friends
sometimes we would swim in rivers when it would rain and overflow
also turned me into a leg rider

where are you stationed in the marines?
>>
Wrestlers are so sexy it's crazy.
I used to hang out with like half the guys on the wrestling team waiting for them to offer to plow my twink butthole but they never did ;-;
>>
File: images (1).jpg (10 KB, 195x259) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
10 KB, 195x259
>>36819069
this is true, and a third kind
the one who cries when he loses because his dad is going to beat him
>>
>>36819069
>The only problem with Wrestling is it produces 2 kinds of kids. Generally cool alpha guys and weird smelly wrestling autists.

So, pretty much it produces the same type of people lifting produces?
>>
>>36819095
because despite the rumors, they are not gay
:(
>>
>>36818953
damn, that stance is FUCKING LOW,must be hell on the quads. mirin
>>
>>36819118
Oh god, that kid. I remember those kids. Those post match temper tantrums

>>36819132
Similar but different. You def have those SSJ autists but they're even fucking weirder than that kid with a hoodie who lifts at 2 am every day.
>>
Hockey.
>>
>>36819091
I'm in the reserves now, but when I was active I spent most of my time in lejeune.
>>
1. football
2. baseball
3. wrassling
4. basketball

Hard to compete with the brotherhood you form with your teammates in football and baseball is just fun af. Wrasslin is the best test of athleticism.
>>
>>36819373
I always loved hockey as a kid. Then all the ice rinks got shut down in my area, pretty much at the same time. I couldn't even play casually anymore without travelling 4 hours, and my parents sure as fuck didn't want to do that.

Was heart breaking desu
>>
>>36819444
did you not have frozen lakes?
>>
>>36819383
Football fucks up your brain. I will never let my kids play football, and that's coming from a guy who played for four years in HS.
>>
>>36819527
nah, was never cold enough for them to be safe to skate on
>>
Wrestling is god-tier conditioning. Absolutely exhausting on your entire body.
But, I still love football and I play rugby now. Not nearly as many head-to-head hits in rugby, but shit happens.
>>
>>36819025
>>36819040
well its also pretty big in Pennsylvania and Connecticut. It's probably the biggest in Oklahoma or Iowa though.
>>
>>36818970
Same wrestled in highschool and got hammerlocked my shoulder blade aches when it rains. fucking best workouts ever though, spin drills are no fucking joke
>>
>>36818953

Hockey is the best sport.

>team contact sport is literally integral to becoming an alpha adult
>sportsmanship throughout the sport that is non existent in pretty much any other sport

I don't even play or really watch, but ice hockey is a legit 10/10 sport
>>
>>36820685

>sportsmanship

>known for, and by many only watched for the violence and fighting between players
>>
>>36820704
The vast majority of hockey leagues ban fighting. The NHL is one of the few leagues that allows it. I love the NHL, but I'm not a fan of the fighting.
>>
>>36820704
>not realizing fights are between the two teams
>implying watching your enforcer beat the teeth out of the guy slammin you into the boards all night wont cause the other team to be more sporting
Hickey is goat and the fighting is essential
>>
>>36820704

Fighting is just part of the NHL, and in reality even the fighting is pretty tame. And fighting has nothing to do with sportsmanship. Sometimes men just need to blow off a little heat. Dudes who fight still respect each other.

NHL isn't the only hockey entity in the world either
>>
File: tx.sanderson.jpg (38 KB, 300x401) Image search: [Google]
tx.sanderson.jpg
38 KB, 300x401
>all those natty physiques
>having a killer drilling partner
>teaching work ethic
>getting to show off in a singlet and catch girls miring

Wrestling is GOAT

Where my wrestling /fit/izens a?
>>
California state runner up reporting in.
>>
File: Lovato.jpg (13 KB, 272x272) Image search: [Google]
Lovato.jpg
13 KB, 272x272
>wrestling
>no submissions

Step up senpai
>>
>>36820919
>>36820919
theres actually more sportsmanship because of the fighting, if you know someones gonna punch your lights out if you make a dirty play you're gonna think twice about making a dirty play. unlike football or rugby where guys jam their thumbs up other guys assholes and make a point of stepping on or kicking other players while getting up
>>
Best for establishing superiority in a violent situation - wrestling
Best for establishing who is faster - Track
Best for reflexes/coordination - tennis
Best for overall athleticism - Bellball
>>
>>36818953
Its Sports Entertainment dammit!
>>
>>36818953

Why did you start this on pol?
>>
>>36818953
wrestling because its the toughest sport mentally
>>
when I think of athleticism, I think of taking a player from one sport, and putting him in any other sport and seeing if he can compete in the slightest. I.e taking a wrestler and putting him up at the plate to try and hit at least make contact with an 80mph fast ball.
>>
>>36821261
>sport
>baseball

really curious how strongly you think hitting a ball out of the air with a stick is a good determinant of athleticism
>>
it's the hardest thing to do in sports, you dip shit.
>>
>>36821300
>>36821278
>>
>>36821300
gonna assume you failed to respond to me and youre as smart as baseball is athletic

nah the hardest thing to do in sports is to actually do a sport and win
>>
File: 1445897949712.gif (1 MB, 199x166) Image search: [Google]
1445897949712.gif
1 MB, 199x166
>>36821315
>nah the hardest thing to do in sports is to actually do a sport and win
I shouldn't even be replying to this but I just want to point out that you're actually retarded.
>>
>>36818953
This poster, almost everyday, makes the same thread on both /fit/ and /pol/

>>>/r9k/71243488
>>
>>36821374
oops lol

>>>/pol/71243488
>>
>>36819034

Yeah see you're arguing that it's a riskier sport

wrestling still takes the biggest toll on you mentally and physically
>>
all these manlets lol , basketball is best.
>>
>>36820665
this. in my town in iowa, HS wrasslin was big, especially cause our school finished ~top 3 every year. i wish i had tried out. my senior year, my P.E. coach was the wrestling coach, so we got to do mismatched bouts, and a few m vs f ones too. coach even said i could of been bretty good.
>>
>>36818953
yes
>>
>>36819118
I have two wrestlers who have fathers like that. Dbags also come to matches wearing polos so they look like coaches and scream like morons when their kids are wrestling
>>
>>36821789

>lanklet detected

I was 6'2" when I graduated and wrestled heavyweight.

Other sports play with balls while wrestlers have them
>>
>>36821005
What year was that in?
Central section master race reporting in.
>>
>>36821261
So probably a thrower is your best bet in most cases.
>>
File: rowing shells.jpg (140 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
rowing shells.jpg
140 KB, 1136x640
rowing.
>>
File: tightest shit.png (250 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tightest shit.png
250 KB, 500x375
unpopular opinion but Lacrosse
>>
>>36825294
where I live, lacrosse is the biggest washout sport there is.

meaning the team's are always comprised of guys who got cut from other sports.
>>
That's not calcio storico.
>>
>>36818953
can confirm. I played 3 sports a year from 1st grade on up. I was in the best shape when I wrestled and I talso has a but of a bonus of helping with a fight.
>>
File: 1459815520254.jpg (261 KB, 656x732) Image search: [Google]
1459815520254.jpg
261 KB, 656x732
Basketball is GOAT for fun sport among friends

Wrestling is probably the best sport overall

MMA is absolute best sport to watch
>>
>>36818997
My nigga im surprised you even went to school
>>
File: Jordan-Burroughs.jpg (52 KB, 654x368) Image search: [Google]
Jordan-Burroughs.jpg
52 KB, 654x368
Wrestled in HS for all four years here in Florida and I miss it so fucking much. My coach was an NCAA champ at Purdue and an All American so he turned his athletes into Alphas. Only the strong survived his practices and conditioning. FUCK I MISS THE SPORT SO MUCH
>>
>>36819444
>wanted to play hockey as a kid
>grew up in hawaii
there was a single rink on the island but my parents couldnt afford for me to play anyway
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.