[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ help me Me and my friend are gonna compete in 3 months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1379902489708.gif (390 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1379902489708.gif
390 KB, 250x188
/fit/ help me
Me and my friend are gonna compete in 3 months to see who can squat, deadlift, bench press the most and also race and armwrestle. I know this seems childish but if I win he will finally admit that his dumb fuckin routine that has gotten him stuck on 110 bench for the past two months doesn't work and he doesn't focus on anything else long enough to make progress.Hes been going to the gym for like four months now. I've started to do SL for 4 weeks now and I've been making steady process but I feel like I can be doing more and going to the gym more than 3 times week to improve my strength. Any routine that you guys can recommend that builds upon and helps the lifts that I am doing right now? The part were I need help the most is the biceps and abs/back. Also need a running routine that I can do that will also help me with running but wont kill my legs so that I can recover properly. I'm just trying to help a bro out by beating him because I know he won't learn any other way and he is truly wasting his life away because he is using so much of his time and money doing something that doesn't work.
tl;dr Routine that will help lift heavier on squats, deadlift, bench press, and be good at running.
>>
block of text hurts my eyes?!?!?! xD
>>
>>36810851
who is this semen demon
>>
Powerlift w concept of progressive overload in mind, eat in a surplus, do lots of back accessory work because it will help in the big 3, and ab accessories
>>
If you can get in the gym 5-6 times a week I would reccommend partitioning muscle group to days of the week. Like this week for me was:
>Monday, chest; flat bench, incline bench, incline DB flies, middle press, decline press
>Tuesday, shoulders; seated OHP, lat/front/rear delt raises, DB press, BB shrugs
>Wednesday, back; Deadlifts, lat pull downs, BB rows, weighted pull ups, DB rows, DB flies
>Thursday, arms; CG bench press, BB curls, French press, standing alt DB curls, skull crushers, hammer curls, isolated preacher curls, lying tricep extensions, reverse grip curls, single arm rope pull downs
>Friday, legs; squats, front squats, BB lunges, leg press, calf raises, smith calf raises
Saturday/Sunday; one of these is rest day. I alternate. On Saturdays I'll do auxiliary chest day and rest Sunday. If I rest on Saturday I'll have ab and HIIT day on Sunday. I also do about six sets of ab work every other day. This is just an example routine and it works for me.
>>
>>36811032
Also what >>36910950 said. I always put my heavy compounds first and move to isolation after
>>
>>36810939
you better be asian you race traitor
>>
>>36811052
God damn it. Meant >>36810950
>>
>>36811032
Post pic and lifts
>>
File: dogsmirk.jpg (150 KB, 852x1041) Image search: [Google]
dogsmirk.jpg
150 KB, 852x1041
>>36810851
>stuck on 110 bench
>armwrestle
>3 times week
>four months now
>>
Inb4 it turns out OP is chubby and his stronk friend is the best wingman ever, challenging him and forcing him to better himself and go to the gym, making it into some sort of game / race, and then he "loses" making OP feel great and continue to go to the gym.

>Great gymbrah or Greatest Gymbrah
>Zyzz Reincarnate, We're all gonna FUKEN MAKE IT
>>
>>36810851
Just do Bicep curls heaps and heaps of em bro, Curls get the gurls, fuck what yore m8 thinks ay
>>
>>36810851
>stuck on 110 bench
T-that's not including the bar, right?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.