[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
skinny fat here... Do I cut first or bulk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: mr-writers-block-guy.jpg (72 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
mr-writers-block-guy.jpg
72 KB, 600x418
skinny fat here...
Do I cut first or bulk?
>>
just be yourself
>>
>>36809069
Neither, you recomp.
>>
>>36809069

Cut first
>>
>>36809091
why
>>
>>36809069
Always bulk first (unless morbidly obese).

You can always cut, but your ability to add muscle diminishes every day.
>>
bulk for strength gains
>>
>>36809103
I find it much more encouraging to actually see my gains when I start lifting, personally.
>>
>>36809083
This. Bulking/cutting as a natty is a bullshit meme
>>
>>36809103

Eat tons of protein to keep muscles from diminishing and cut, workout while you're doing this, by the time you reach 15% bodyfat you have a tight body.
>>
>>36809069
I'm 3 months into my first bulk after trying to cut down to 10% for several months and I look significantly leaner than before I started my bulk while also being 10 pounds heavier
>>
whats recomp??????
>>36809083
>>
>>36809192
A mythical process by which one is simultaneously in anabolic and catabolic states.
>>
Cut.

Low body fat gives mad facial aesthetic gains, gives you a good body undressed and gives a firm base to work on building muscle. A cut now means you cut for less time in future unless you do a 8+ month IIFYM bulk. Additionally, cutting teaches you discipline in your diet for future cut/bulk cycles.

Bulking from skinnyfat makes you fat. You might look big and shift numbers, but you're fat. You'll spend the majority of your time on your first cut expecting your gains to go out of the window or stressing over your cut because you've more to lose. You'll also spend a lot of time on your first cut if your aim is get lean.

When you cut, don't just cut as hard as you can to get a super low BF. When you start thinking you can't pull off any lower of a BF, bulk.
>>
>>36809270
do i still do weights?
>>
>>36809192
You simply eat the same amount of calories as before, but lift. You will gain muscle and lose fat. Despite what some here might say, it is possible, especially as a beginner.
>>
>>36809332
Of course. Workout as you normally would. If you fix up your diet, you can retain a lot of your strength during the cut or even make progress depending on how early in your lifting career you are.

I'm currently cutting and smashed out a PR on squats today a few weeks into my cut.
>>
>>36809375
why cant you cut and bulk simultaneously
>>
Just bulk, your gonna look liek fucking shit anyways.

I went from 250 5'7 to 170 5'9 and I still looked like shit. I tried to get down to 10% 150lbs but I could never reach it and my lifts were fucking abysmal, my 5RMs were like 140 bench/ 165 squat/ 205 deadlift.

I said fuck this, started bulking three months ago and went from 170 to 183 or so and now my 5RMs are 190 bench/260squat/325 deadlift and I'm still easily adding 5lbs to my squat and deadlift and 2.5lbs to my bench every workout.

I used to HATE the gym because I made no progress but now I'm addicted to the feel of PRing every other day and every other hobby I have feels boring af now, so much so to the point I started feeling depressed again because I literally cannot derive enjoyment from anything anymore except lifting and Das3.
>>
>>36809386
>why cant i gain and lose weight in the same time
>why cant i walk forward and backward at the same time
>>
>>36809386
>Why can't you eat above and below your TDEE every day?
You tell me. Alternating days is an awful idea. Don't think in "day to day" terms, think in terms of the week as a whole. If you eat more calories than you consume, you put on weight, otherwise you lose it. If you mix and match days, you don't do much of anything beyond eating at maintenance and retaining your size.
>>
>>36809069
LIFT WEIGHTS FIRST YOU FUCKING MONG
>>
>>36809069
>skinny fat here...
>Do I cut first or bulk?
You tell me. Do you want to start out your bodybuilding career as a hungry skeleton and waste months or years losing weight before you even start putting on muscle.
Or do you want to suck it up and accept you are fat and use those calories to get a boost in building muscle and once you have a good frame cut the fat and maybe go otter mode.
>>
>>36810860
>Or do you want to suck it up and accept you are fat and use those calories to get a boost in building muscle and once you have a good frame cut the fat and maybe go otter mode.

fat people actually believe this.

>>36809069
drop the fat, your body will thank you.
Being active in general is good for your body, losing fat is moreso better.
Fat cells have the ability to create estrogen, which is why men who are tend to gain a concentration on their hips, stomach, and chest.
The lower your fat percentage the higher your body testosterone ratio.
This in itself makes gaining muscle insanely easy, while continuing to look good.

Bulking while fat has almost no positives, your estrogen is still too high. Your blood pressure will be higher than normal due to fat restricting the vessels. You are less likely to be able to take a full breath of air because of the fat surrounding your lungs.

Lose the weight first, get your body use to actually moving around and doing physical activities. Do bulking seasons yearly.

You will be aesthetically pleasing, your sex drive will go up, and making gains is easy mode.
>>
>>36809069
cut if low self-esteem
bulk if high self-esteem
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.