[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often / heavily does /fit/ drink? Personally, I'm quitting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 21
File: 1459033828202.jpg (17 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
1459033828202.jpg
17 KB, 600x434
How often / heavily does /fit/ drink?

Personally, I'm quitting drinking.
>>
>>36808103
who the fuck caers bruh. it fun

LMAOOOOO

I LOVE BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAVE PARTY¬!!!!! XDDD BOOOOZE IT!!!!!!! LAD!!!! LMAOOOO!!! BOOOOOOZIN!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>36808121
>>
>>36808103
I'm a lot better than I used to be, I can stop after a few beers instead of killing a pint of vodka without a care in the world.

I'd like to quit drinking but it's such a social thing that the lost progress in life is worth it's detrimental effects. I quit for two months a while back, made crazy gains in the gym but ended up a recluse as meeting mates at the pub was too awkward without a pint in my hand.
>>
>>36808103
I finally quit a month or two ago. Still have like eight beers left from my final taper. They's go down really nice right now.
>>
>>36808103
stopped drinking 3 years ago. not a drop since. drank heavily for years.

life is better this way

It's a rough thing to do and it cost me a lot of "friends" (drinking buddies). Hardest thing was sleeping without it.

you're gonna need some hobbies.

I'm bored, i'm lonely, i'm in the best shape of my life at 35 years old and I wont go back to it. not even a taste.
>>
>>36808236
Ya I go out every Saturday night. I limit myself to no more than 5 drinks (usually 3) I make sure it's not beer or any sugary mixed drinks.

Usually just fuck with gin and soda. I make sure that day I eat a less to make up for the fact that I'm gonna be ingesting extra calories. Also never get fast food after the party/bar/whatever. Also make sure to hydrate extra that day.

I never get hangovers or feel shitty the next day.
>>
Get drunk at least once a week, sometimes more. Would like to stop but I enjoy drinking and have low willpower
>>
File: 1460569858088.png (244 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1460569858088.png
244 KB, 500x329
>>36808305
Dude, your post made me feel damn good. I just got out of rehab about a month ago and I know your feels.

Alcohol is a terrible thing to succumb to the way I did. It's a literal gains goblin of the worst kind. Cutting ties with old friends was the hardest part, but I knew it had to be done when I told them I'd be going to rehab for drinking and they still wanted to offer me drinks.

The only thing I allow myself now is an O'douls. One a day.

But fuck drinking. It was never worth it. Figured that out when I finally sobered up and realized how far I had sunk and how many opportunities/life gains I lost due to it.
>>
>>36808103
I stopped drinking just over a year ago and it was one of the best decisions I've made. I save a lot of money and no more hangovers to get in the way of gym / being productive. If I go out then I'll just go sober, although I still drop MDMA (which I find infinitely more fun than alcohol) about once a month or so if I wanna have a fun night out.
>>
>>36808434
>mdma

Smh
>>
>>36808103
Bought to go on a bender tonight. Will probs black out
>>
I used to down jim beam like a fish, then I switched to a 6 pack of lonestar 4 times a week, and now I only really drink on the weekends and its some beer and fernet. Its really nice, though I'm upset I dont have the ol' alchie tolerances anymore.
>>
>>36808451
I know it's unhealthy which is why I don't do it that often but it's no worse than alcohol.
>>
I have no sympathy or empathy for any cuck who's addicted to alcohol.

You cucks have the only "socially acceptable" addiction in existence and everyone loooooooooves an alcuckholic when they put on their cute little "this is how I present myself to the world" mask. None of you cucks give half of a miniscule fuck about your family or your friends, because you cucks are too busy swilling booze. Its okay though because "DUDE ITS LEGAL LMAO" and "DUDE I STARTED DRINKING VODKA AT 14 WHAT ARE YOU A LIGHTWEIGHT PUSSY LMAO"

>tl;dr: if I become a dictator I will euthanize and genocide alcuckholics
>>
I was a big beer fan but I quickly realized that alcohol is completely useless
>>
File: absolutely civilian.jpg (39 KB, 562x600) Image search: [Google]
absolutely civilian.jpg
39 KB, 562x600
>he doesn't enjoy a whiskey night cap.
>>
File: 1451157229526.png (358 KB, 502x419) Image search: [Google]
1451157229526.png
358 KB, 502x419
>>36808539
>>
was drinking 10 beer a day for 7 mos while training. i made gains but they were hindered. just up amd quit 2 weeks ago cause i got tired of wasting my time in the gym, if im gonna work that hard i might as well be getting all i can out of it.

first three nights were hell but its been smooth sailing since then.
>>
>>36808103

have a 3/4 whiskys throughout the day, get smashed at night even if i'm just at home, been at it for about 2 years now prob gonna die
>>
>>36808121
i sense butthurt and projection
>>
>>36808582
Alcuckholic

You cuckold your own body's health for alcuckhol
>>
File: imgonnamisshim.jpg (111 KB, 266x500) Image search: [Google]
imgonnamisshim.jpg
111 KB, 266x500
>>36808412
>when I finally sobered up and realized how far I had sunk and how many opportunities/life gains I lost due to it.

well said

but cut out the o'douls my friend. its time to let it go for good.

I probably pored out a few hundred dollars in liquor and beer when i decided to cut it. had a nice selection.

Go grab that sixpack of fake beer. Take it outside and pour it on the ground for your homies. Dont forget to hit your chest with your fist.
>>
>>36808612
Dom?
>>
>>36808662
nah
>>
Alcohol lowers natural test production, raises estrogen production, and makes you fat and lazy.

This is why alcoholics always chimp out and throw a little bitch fit when you call them out on their alcoholism.
>>
I drink every weekend but stay within macros

I just basically eat all my protein for the day and then save about 3-500 calories for alcohol.
>>
>>36808612
Is it at least good whiskey?
>>
File: 1438146986079.jpg (46 KB, 680x570) Image search: [Google]
1438146986079.jpg
46 KB, 680x570
>>36808634
>>
File: advanced.png (980 KB, 921x1362) Image search: [Google]
advanced.png
980 KB, 921x1362
>>36808634
>>
>>36808412
this.
no alcohol for 15 months now. best decision ever.
>>
>>36808696
whatever's on offer at sainsburys desu, middle of the range stuff whytes, grants or teachers usually
>>
>>36808705
>>36808711
Spot the cuckolds.

High estrogen feminine cucks strung out on hooch love defaulting to "le witty maymay" when they cant refute facts with facts.
>>
I quit drinking alcohol about 5 years ago. For motivation, search Google for just how bad alcohol is for your body. Alcohol is legal because of the enormous tax profit it draws in and how it keeps the population fat, dumb, and easy to manipulate and bamboozle.
>>
File: 12423246790.png (972 KB, 1195x943) Image search: [Google]
12423246790.png
972 KB, 1195x943
>>36808733
>>
File: 1460507646861.jpg (55 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1460507646861.jpg
55 KB, 720x540
>>36808733
>>
Go through a fifth and a half of vodka thurs-sat here. Need it to sleep. Would like to quit though but I haven't found another method that's as effective.
>>
>>36808779
>tfw used to go through a fifth per day
>>
>>36808738
>Alcohol is legal because of the enormous tax profit it draws in and how it keeps the population fat, dumb, and easy to manipulate and bamboozle.
It's legal because it's one of the oldest and most common substances mankind has ever used.
>>
>>36808103
Right now am drinking heavi
>>
>>36808788
Can't imagine that anon. Can't afford it either. How much did it fuck with your gains? I still make progress with my exercises even with my drinking but sometimes I wonder if I'd be farther without it.
>>
>>36808532
>Once/month is far too often for molly
>Is far worse than alcohol
>>
File: 1458240438277.png (39 KB, 261x358) Image search: [Google]
1458240438277.png
39 KB, 261x358
>>36808733
>>
>>36808755
>>36808762
>>36808843
Low test high estrogen cucks
>>
26 and quit at the start of this year. still slowly digging myself out of the hole i put myself in by drinking daily, for years. also smoked weed for years before that, and did painkillers on top of everything in the last 2 years.

it really does suck how much better everything is when drinking. especially music, but ultimately i felt like i was killing myself and could feel my heart starting to spasm out every time i drank so chose health / living over having more fun. 4 months later and i still have issues sleeping, serious anxiety issues where i think im going to die almost every day from all sorts of symptoms that have piled up over the years. but ultimately im slowly digging myself out of the hole i put myself in. lost 30 pounds, feel much smarter, eat healthier etc etc..
>>
>>36808815
>can't afford it either
Caliber vodka is 6 dollars for a fifth by me
>How much did it fuck with your gains?
Literally gone along with any motivation and happiness

It was bad
>>
File: 1445148827145.png (203 KB, 657x361) Image search: [Google]
1445148827145.png
203 KB, 657x361
>>36808733
>>
>>36808907
Dude you totally BTFOd me with your dank animay meem.

But not as much as alcohol BTFOd your test levels :^)
>>
I was never a heavy drinker but I significantly cut back my drinking these past few months to focus on being a better me. It's messed up my social life which is almost non existent barring the Tuesday mornings I get to spend chatting with a cutie on my porch drinking coffee after she crashes at my place with my friends (who aren't fucking her, but neither am I ;_; )

Every weekend I get asked out for drinks and it's just annoying at this point. All my friends drink excessively. Usually 5-6 nights a week and sleep half the day away until they have to get up and go to their shit jobs at Applebee's. I try to help motivate them to do better but they're just not having any of it.

I wouldn't care so much but they're always bitching and moaning about their problems and I just have no sympathy left.
>>
>>36808887
Damn anon. Well I'm glad you're out of that spot (I'm assuming).
>>
I stopped drinking recently because I'm really bad at it. I've lost a lot of friends and done horrible things while drinking and deserve no sympathy. It got to the point where I went into drinking afraid of what I would end up doing, which told me that it was time to stop. Plus you age quicker and make gains slower.

My life is full of regret, but at least at 27 I have made the choice to attempt improving.

The worst was that I wasn't invited to a good friends wedding because of how i behave when drinking. Rock bottom baby wooo
>>
I literally drink by myself only on the weekend to fall asleep easier. Why does everyone call me an alcoholic for this when they go out to drink and end up fucking strangers/destroying their bank accounts/generally being idiots. Even when I drink I'm still up at 6 am to be in the gym by 7. People are fuckin weird.
>>
>>36808985
>wasn't invited to a good friends wedding because of how i behave when drinking

I didn't get invited to a friends bachelor party because I quit drinking. I get invited to a lot less things now that i'm sober.

well fuck
>>
>>36808999
They just criticize as a social defense because you're behaving outside of the perceived norm which they can't be olay with because it makes them feel insecure about their path. They are idiots.
>>
I'm an indoor drinker and don't really drink socially (I will but not often or heavily to keep me from doing something stupid). I like to drink craft beers and play games after work and the gym. I just like the taste and I only go for a buzz (or I'll drink whiskey).

I probably drink 5-6 days a week. Sometimes all 7. Still make lots of gains. I probably would make more if I quit, but it helps me relax after working 12 hours a day and then hitting the gym for 2.5 hours (4-5 days a week).
>>
>>36809028
Yeah. I told my remaining friends that i can't go out with them for a long time because i need to stop drinking because i cant afford to compromise any more relationships because of my addiction. They are all cool with it and we go to the gym often, but i just can't shake how ive wronged them and they still stick around.
>>
>>36808929
Yea I'm out of it for sure. I only drink a couple beers on the weekend now.

Thanks man
>>
File: 0.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
>>36808924
Pinning will fix that. Little tip: the best way to live life is as a walking chemistry set.
>>
3-4 times a week.

Usually with amphetamine or cocaine
>>
>>36808103
I'll drink once or twice a month but go overboard.
If drinking beer I'll down 2-3 gallons.

If I'm dumb enough to start with hard stuff who knows.

I usually blink awake around 10am on public transit far from my own stop, having lost my phone, bus pass, my dignity of course and other such things.

Woke up in the hospital once.

Another time on my couch looking like Rodney King.

Thankfully I'm cutting since the beginning of the month, and when I cut I don't touch a drop.
>>
>>36808714
I was sober for 12 weeks until last night. I started lifting again when I quit drinking and made all kinds of gains. I'm starting the sobriety count again at one day, but it kind of reminded me of what I'm not missing more than what I am missing. Feels kind of good for that reassurance that I really don't want to go back to my old ways. I drank to ecxess for almost 20 years.
>>
>>36809799
And honestly it isn't even that fun.
Sure as fuck not fun enough to justify how shit you feel after and how much it stunts your gains.

It's to the point that if I binge it takes me two days to recover.
>>
>>36808985
>tfw soon to be 25 and feel this way
So many regrets, so many good things ruined.
It's never too late to change though, as long as you're still alive.
>>
I drink 12-14 drinks on the weekend. That's it. I can't drink on worknights anymore.
>>
I was drinking two thirds to a quarter of a bottle of vodka 6-7 times a week, but I've recently cut it down to just one night of bingingin Saturday. Ideally I'd only drink a bit, but I only have two modes; sober, or fucking annihilated. It's still tough getting through the week without drinking honestly, around Wednesday I really start wanting a brew to destress. I've started the couch to five k instead, so in the evening when I want alcohol I do that or an hour long walk instead.
>>
>>36810123
Two thirds to three quarters of a bottle of vodka, my bad. Tonight is my drinking night so I'm a bit out of it.
>>
>>36808103
Only when I decide to be social, which is at most once a month. I'll smoke pot solo, but I can usually make a gram last a little over a week.
>>
9 month sober
>>
File: 1459407610228.png (18 KB, 509x411) Image search: [Google]
1459407610228.png
18 KB, 509x411
>>36810167
ayy 9 months too, july 18th was my last drunk. Hit it hard for 3 1/2 years and put on near 50lbs because of it. I'm pretty much over alcohol at this point but now 1-2 glasses of juice a day is the new poison I'm trying to quit. Lost maybe 20lbs since I stopped drinking alcohol but I think I've plateaued as far as weight loss goes because of the excess sugar I've been steadily drinking and eating. It's so hard to indulge in anything nice without wreaking havoc on your body
>>
I just smoke weed.
>>
>>36808305
I started drinking fairly heavily about 4 years ago. Started just drinking a few beers per night then it moved up to an 18 or 24 pack of coors light in two days.....then I started drinking vodka or gin about a half gallon every 2 days.

I decided to cut back and drink only red wine because of all the blah blah about red wine being good for you....drinking about a bottle or bottle and a half a night.

I never had a rock bottom moment, but on New Year's Eve this year, I went to a small house party out of town where everybody stayed the night at the host's place.....Everyone drank from cans except me and I noticed the next day that my pile of empty bottles was way too big compared to the amount of empty cans from the others. Thought a lot about it on the ride back home…..

I just quit a while back and have not been binge drinking ever since. I only have a beer or maybe two if I go out...nothing more, but usually stick with water especially if eating high fat restaurant food.

Sleeping was a little hard at first but I am back to what I consider normal now.

One of my drinking buddies also quit about two months prior to me and that has helped out a lot.
>>
File: 467573391_XS.jpg (49 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
467573391_XS.jpg
49 KB, 1200x630
I used to have a lot of fun drinking in college. We had a beer Olympics as well as other competitions all year. We would dress up as wizards and duck tape our empties together to make staffs.

I'm still friends with these people, they want to drink heavily no matter what weekend activity we chose. If I'm on my own, I drink a few beers once a month or something. I've found that 80% of my enjoyment of beer is the fizziness , seltzer does just fine as a substitute.
>>
Im 2 months off of weekend binge drinking, fri/sat 15+ beers every single weekend. When trying to cut these two nights would negate a weeks progress. It fucked my cardio and probably hurt my muscle gains too

I stopped because i turned in my natty card and some roids + alcohol = pissing blood and fucked liver. Best decision ever, i perform better in school, my gainz have been nutzo, and my mood is a lot more stable. 10/10 would recommend not weekend drinking
>>
I drink around 2 bottles of wine every other day. I'm trying to quit, but the longest i can go is around 4 days. At that point i just stop caring and think that i preferred being a drunk.

I get very little enjoyment from anything while sober. When drinking, i can enjoy games, music, and talking to people. When i'm sober i talk to nobody, and can't even listen to music or play games. The anhedonia of sobriety is probably taking more years off of my life than the alcohol itself.
>>
>>36808103
Literally drinking every Friday and Saturday. Making great Gains though
>>
I stopped drinking when I transferred back home to community college and my social life plummeted
>>
>>36808318

This is kinda what I try to do as well
>>
drinking tonight after I stopped crushing beers about a year ago :-)
>>
>>36810806
I feel you anon...
>>
File: 1460604486687.jpg (324 KB, 1383x1600) Image search: [Google]
1460604486687.jpg
324 KB, 1383x1600
>>36810806
>>36810816
>>
>>36810806
>>36810816
This was me a few weeks ago, although i was on the other side of it. I've been on both sides, it sucks either way, but it's better than sticking together.
>>
What's everyone's favorite beer? I personally like Blue Moon. I rarely get anything besides it. If I were to go to a liquor store, however, to buy a tall can (they dont sell bluemoon tall cans) what would you recommend?
>>
>>36810806
Hide your phone before you get drunk. Nothing you say will help you in any way.
>>
File: the-baxter-backpack.jpg (289 KB, 1024x666) Image search: [Google]
the-baxter-backpack.jpg
289 KB, 1024x666
>>36810873
Almost anything from Baxter is delicious. There are a few good breweries around here. I'm not sure about their distribution.
>>
File: cosy.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
cosy.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>36808103

> tfw high functioning alcoholic
> no blackouts
> no memory loss
> no over the top stupid antics, just regular stupid antics

get on my level
>>
File: Baxter Brewing Window Seat 002.jpg (153 KB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
Baxter Brewing Window Seat 002.jpg
153 KB, 1600x899
>>36810895
currently drinking
>>
>>36810873
They don't have Belgium wheat tall boys. Tall boys are for less satiating beers. Personally the shittiest not as shit beer that ill get is rolling rock. But that's only if you like pale ale. Its dirt cheap and doesnt leave my feeling like i just drank pure shit
>>
File: labatt blue.jpg (22 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
labatt blue.jpg
22 KB, 460x345
>>36810942
my go-to cheap beer
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.