[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best feeling in lifting? Is it the mires? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: 1454322922626.png (1 MB, 1349x1600) Image search: [Google]
1454322922626.png
1 MB, 1349x1600
What's the best feeling in lifting? Is it the mires? Is it PRing? Is it looking back and seeing how far you've come?
>>
File: 1433375076661.jpg (200 KB, 1023x639) Image search: [Google]
1433375076661.jpg
200 KB, 1023x639
>>36807613
the envy
>>
>>36807613
>he could
>>
File: a universe of feels.png (740 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
a universe of feels.png
740 KB, 633x758
>>36807672
jesus christ it's been years since I've seen this picture. an old staple on /b/ - years before there even was a /fit/.
>>
In my opinion? Inspiring someone else to get into lifting after seeing your determination and progress, then seeing them progress and show determination themselves, continuing the cycle.
>>
Best feeling is when you zone out and perform slightly above your limit. Those great high energy days at the gym.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 940x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 940x400
Seeing how far I've come, and seeing how far I can push the limits of my own body. There's an irreplaceable euphoria that goes along with lifting. It's truly and awe inspiring and beautiful thing.
>>
>>36807824
And then you get done and think "Holy shit, did I just do that?"
>>
>>36807672
dat cringe
>>
>>36807613
Wanting to do something, and just fucking doing it already, no bullshit, just doing it, being the sculptor of my own body and all that.

Also, the social bonuses are breddy gud.
>>
>>36807881
Cringe is for insecure faggots that can't own whatever they do.
>>
>>36807901
No, it's also for people who recognize autism.
>>
>>36807672
LOL THAT PIC
>>
I've been lifting almost 4 years, and I've had so many fucking setbacks I barely enjoy it anymore. Only reason I continue is to deadlift and to rehab my shoulder for dodgeball twice a week.
>>
>>36807901
>>36807948
You just got btfo.
YOU OKAY WITH THAT?
>>
>>36807948
You can't tell me that Chad Thundercock couldn't pull off anything that you see in those cringe threads
>>
the rise in testosterone.
>>
the sensations in your hips in a heavy atg squat
>>
>>36807613
- More people call your sir.

- Not having to wait in line at the bar, grocery store, etc.

- People get out of your way when walking through halls at work.

- Don't have to pay my tab at small clubs.

- Women blush spill spaghetti when talking to you more.
>>
For me, it's just the feeling when you forget everything shitty and stressful, and just shut everything else outside, the one time when you feel like you're fully in control
>>
>>36808043
If you were really a big man you'd move out of other peoples' way.
The rest is good tho.
>>
>>36808118
Yeah I could get out of their way. I could also bring them back home with me to fuck my wife while I watch but I choose not to.
>>
>>36808413
DECIMATED
>>
Out of all the threads this seemed to most appropriate place to ask. So when bodybuilder "bulk" do they just sit around and eat a shit ton then work it off? Or do they lift while they "bulk"?
>>
>>36808633
they lift while they "bulk", if you stop lifting (or any other exercise) for two weeks you lose conditioning - and they want to be adding strength and mass while they're in a caloric surplus (taking in enough energy to do everything they want - daily activity and muscle-building).

the whole idea is to lift while you're in that state, since that's when you're set up to build muscle - when you have the extra energy entering in. They also lift when they're "cutting" to help maintain the muscle and make sure it isn't used for energy (and only the unwanted fat is).
>>
Felt pretty good to hit 1pl8 OHP yesterday. Then I told my friend and this skinny girl that rejected me said "that's easy, I could do that."
>inb4 she's not wrong
>>
THE
PUMP

Looking at that handsome strong motherfucker in the mirror after a hard lifting seesion. For the next 1-2 hours after the gym, you feel like the greastest male specimen on earth. But then reality hits you. and you need to wait it out before you can get your next fix.
>>
>>36808413
Don't worry. She's fucking Jamal even if you don't bring him home.
>>
I think for me it's that moment where something you've been bothered by for a while disappears into an ether of focus and determination. Right as the bass drops of course
>>
>>36807613
Breaking PRs.
>>
>>36807613
Fuck /fit/ keep this thread going. It's so much more positive than 90% of content. You'd think this thread was full of 14 year olds
>>
>>36807613
I secretly hope I've inspired some one.
>>
>>36809300
I helped a guy with his dead lift form yesterday. He later asked me to spot his bench.

Anybody else have gymbros that you literally only see at the gym and never in a planned way?
>>
File: anime-weight-lifting.jpg (223 KB, 798x458) Image search: [Google]
anime-weight-lifting.jpg
223 KB, 798x458
>>36807613
It's the feeling of the weight budge and move.
>>
>>36807690
iktf :(
>>
>>36807901
No, cringe is for people who look at other people trying hard at something, not necessarily succeeding elegantly, and deciding "wow, I'd rather just sit here and not risk failure than put myself out and risk looking bad, being accused of autism or faggotry, and failing."

"Smart" people cringe their way through an middle of the way life. Meanwhile autistic / dumb / retarded / faggot people spend most of theirs being absolutely miserable failures, but are occasionally also ridiculously successful.
>>
>>36807860
fucking Greeks knew what was up. physical peaks and brain gains.

does anyone have that /fit/ image about the crazy physical accomplishments of the greeks and the super brogay culture?
>>
>>36809397
what a fucking pussy bitch cant even bench 10kg bumper plates
daily reminder you've only made it until you cop a BAD BITCH
>>
>>36807976
Chad isnt autistic like you tho
>>
>>36807613

>tfw new PR
>tfw your dad says you look good and he's proud of you

haveyoubecomeabiggerman.jpg
>>
The best feeling imo is when you're doing a pr and you zone out and dig down deep for some of that inner strength shit. That feeling when you break your pr, that euphoria, nothing beats it desu.
>>
>>36812938
Idk mayne, did you hear what Arnie said about the pump?
>>
>>36808768
great job man, I can't do that haha

non-lifters think this shit is so easy
>>
>>36809384
yeah, guys I literally met at the gym

Funny.... some guy spotted my bench while I hit a new PR and then later helped me with my deadlift&squat form
>>
>>36807672
I guarantee the guy in that pick has never been in a fight and couldn't slip a punch for shit
>>
File: image.png (73 KB, 1545x422) Image search: [Google]
image.png
73 KB, 1545x422
>>36812202
Same anon you replied to. Got you covered fampai
>>
>>36807685
In single-ply gear.
As a drug using super heavy-weight.

That's babby-weight.
>>
>>36813101
socrates was vegan

sooooo whats up? doesnt that go against Fit/ dogma?
>>
>>36813101
Socrates, as written in Plato’s The Republic (469-399 BC) – Socrates: Would this habit of eating animals not require that we slaughter animals that we knew as individuals, and in whose eyes we could gaze and see ourselves reflected, only a few hours before our meal? Glaucon: This habit would require that of us.

Socrates: Wouldn’t this [knowledge] hinder us in achieving happiness? Glaucon: It could so hinder us in our quest for happiness.

Socrates: And, if we pursue this way of living, will we not have need to visit the doctor more often? Glaucon: We would have such need.

Socrates: If we pursue our habit of eating animals, and if our neighbor follows a similar path, will we not have need to go to war against our neighbor to secure greater pasturage, because ours will not be enough to sustain us, and our neighbor will have a similar need to wage war on us for the same reason? Glaucon: We would be so compelled.

Socrates: Would not these facts prevent us from achieving happiness, and therefore the conditions necessary to the building of a just society, if we pursue a desire to eat animals? Glaucon: Yes, they would so prevent us.

lol /fit/ you guys are so retarded
>>
>>36813609
Is that based on this part of the Republic?

http://www.ivu.org/history/greece_rome/socrates.html

because if so, socrates didn't say that - it's plato using him as a character.
>>
>>36813757
yeah, guess youre right
>>
>>36807613
When you're doing your one rep max and realize you actually got two more reps in you with good form.

Suddenly new triple max.
>>
>>36808768
After stalling hard on OHP I finally fixed my form and have been making good progress, should hopefully hit 1pl8 fairly soon. Congratulations on getting it yourself mate.
>>
>>36808118
how much of a faggot are you?
>being weak is strength
>supplicating is dominance
>putting others first is putting yourself first
you sound like a typical leftist loser
>>
Finishing a heavy set at a weight you've never been able to do before. Puts a smile on my face every time
>>
>>36807672
lol this pic is hilarious. so fucking cringeworthy, especially >LET'S DO THIS.
>>
File: 1402482944026.jpg (517 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1402482944026.jpg
517 KB, 1920x1080
>>36813838

If this picture even helps only one person to start working out or getting fit it fulfilled its purpose. But yeah,it is cringeworthy
>>
>>36813870
>irl bane was 5'7

it only really appeals to manlets
>>
>>36813883
Lol no fucking way.
>>
>>36807976
you're not chad thundercock
>>
>>36807613
PRing, not so much "oh yeah I hit number X" though that's obviously really nice short term. But just seeing hard work pay off, it's great. Just get a general sense of feeling pretty good from lifting desu
>>
>>36813101
A lot of this is bullshit but I still find it kind of inspirational desu.
>>
File: 1418445289513.jpg (1 MB, 1593x2229) Image search: [Google]
1418445289513.jpg
1 MB, 1593x2229
>>36807690
dude that's the first image on my /b/ folder.
now I realize what a load of shit it is. yet still.
>>36807613
it's not looking back and basking in your own ego you faggots. it is the moment of struggle, when you put your hands around the bar the and you hands and arms and back tell you that you can't pick it up.
But you do anyway.
It's not the triumph that's important - it's the will to achieve it. and cultivating that will is why we lift.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 540x787) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 540x787
>>36815936
>when you put your hands around the bar the and you hands and arms and back tell you that you can't pick it up.
>But you do anyway.
>It's not the triumph that's important - it's the will to achieve it. and cultivating that will is why we lift.
>>
>>36807613

The unracking of the big ass weight and making it move.

Also DOMS are goat.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.