[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to increase bench from 185lbsx 6 to 205lbsx 8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: rookie-mistakes-bench-press.jpg (28 KB, 1188x1028) Image search: [Google]
rookie-mistakes-bench-press.jpg
28 KB, 1188x1028
I have a physical test in early May and I absolutely have to increase my bench. The trouble is that I have plateaud pretty hard at 185lbs. Best and fastest way to increase it to 205lbs x 8?
>>
>>36798088

Gain weight and Bench more.
>>
the fuck is that nigga doing
>>
>>36798135
One way trip to SnapCity
>>
>>36798135
Trying to give himself shoulder inpingement
>>
>>36798088
>early May
Less Than a month to go

You've got to roid man
>>
SS + GOMAD
>>
>>36798280
This
>>
>>36798088

Start benching like a powerlifter, leg drive, biggest arch you can. Brandon Lilly has a good video on how to setup. Other than that, run TM for bench.
>>
>>36798088
Bench 3x per week. Increase weight each time. 3 sets of 4-5 with minimal rest (60sec) in between sets. After bench, cool off completely (5-10 minutes) then do some shoulder isolation work for rotator cuffs. Very light weight exercises(5-10lb) for 3 sets of 10.

Also squats and/or sprints 3-5 days per week to boost test.

Also, calorie count. Never eat less than 5k in a day.

There's still plenty of time. Just depends how much you want it.
>>
Juice it up, cunt
>>
>>36798135
What's he doing wrong?
>>
>>36798404
>with minimal rest (60sec) in between sets
aka how to stay dyel forever
>>
>>36798088
http://www.smolovjr.com/smolov-jr-calculator/
This will help your squat and bench. I made so many gains.
>>
>>36798494
>185lbs
>trying to get fast gains

also
>185LBS
>>
>>36798536
Are you actually retarded? It's relative to the person doing it. Hell i'm willing to bet 185lbs is more than you bench with how retarded your advice is.
>>
Do something other than bench press. OHP, dips, and tricep isolations seem to help me the most.

I used to shit on dips as a shite exercise, but it moved me through my plateau really well when I gave them a chance. It depends partially on your build though. I have long arms so my bench tends to be more tricep dominant.

Honestly I don't understand the love of this lift though. It is basically a parlor trick unless you use perfect form the entire time, and it is extremely dangerous without a spotter if you plan on actually pushing yourself.

TLDR: join the OHP and chest isolation master race.
>>
>>36798088

Bench more volume and do it more often.
Improve your technique
Do more back work - if you're not doing at least as much rowing and chinning as you are benching, you're shortchanging yourself.
Eat more (assuming that gaining weight is a viable option, do that. If not just eat enough to maintain, which'll go up if you're doing more exercise),

This is one time where its acceptable to cut back on the other major compounds.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.