[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
leaning foward in high bar aquat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-04-15-20-58-44.png (227 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-15-20-58-44.png
227 KB, 768x1024
Help /fit, I can't seem to keep my high bar squat form in check with heavier weights, my back just leans foward and I don't know how to fix it. Today I tried 286.6 lbs for one set of five (doing the Texas Method at the moment after a year of SS) and I could only do 3 reps. This is actually the 3rd friday that I tried that weight. Should I switch to lowbar or work in my flexibility, help please....

Also, how long it took you to squat with proper form and to be consistent with each rep and set
>>
>after a year of SS
>a year
>of SS
>Y E A R
I don't think you understand what 'starting' means
>>
>>36797553
A strong confident man makes sure he exhausted all his options. I just delodaded and delodaded to make sure I could still make gains every session

>> weight is too heavy, better switch to a brosplit before I breake my boypussy
>>
>>36797553
I don't think you understand how the program works. I'm sorry you kept failing after lmao 1pl8 squats.
>>
>>36797758
>>36797777
Lel retards. Did you even read the book?
>>
Op here, could someone offer some tips, or a little hope al least...
>>
>>36798152
Core strength. Do weighted planks/ hanging leg raises etc.
>>
>>36797521

Hyperextensions and ab assistance. Make sure you're staying tight and breathing into your belly before you start. You're most likely squat-morning'ing because you lose tightness at the bottom of the squat so you get yourself into a weak position.
>>
>>36797521
adductor strength and hip drive. hips forward our of the hole
>>
>>36797521
it's either too heavy or youre pushing off your heels, letting your butt shoot up fast

if you only get 3 reps with the weight WITH leaning forward i recommend dropping the weight a little. if youre just struggling do 2-3 sets of 3 reps with 286.6
>>
>>36797521
I had a similar problem but I was doing squatmornings for like two months before I really noticed how bad my form was. I took a huge 50lbs deload and worked my way back up 5x5 with emphasis on proper form as well as sitting in a deep squat position for 3 minutes every day. You might not need as extreme of a deload that I did but I noticed I couldn't even do a proper squat with a 25lbs deload
>>
>>36798914
>>36798888

Op here, thanks /fit. Yeah, I actually haven't done anything ab related in almost a year, and my squats felt totally like good mornings with the weight I have done recently. I'll make sure to include some ab work starting next week

>>36799100
>>36799254
>>36799016
Fuck, deloading heavy next week I guess. At least Im gonna work at form and abs too.....
>>
>>36799437
make sure to let your knees travel forward. you dont want to only let your knees forward like in a front squat though, you want to make sure your butt goes back too. basically, butt back and knees forward at same time. keep weight in the MIDDLE OF YOUR FOOT. not the balls of your feet, not the heel. think an even distribution of weight through the entire foot
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.