[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I castrate myself emotionally /fit/ ? I want to focus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: tumblr_n4qp6ntopk1t0uaq4o9_500.jpg (90 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4qp6ntopk1t0uaq4o9_500.jpg
90 KB, 500x667
How do I castrate myself emotionally /fit/ ? I want to focus on lifting and work only. I don't want to drink anymore, I'm tired of being 'that guy' or the dude nobody thinks about twice... How do I go about achieving this state of mind, /fit/ ? Any books or movies? Other boards or sites to ask except faggot MGTOW ?
>>
File: cosmic_being_by_scottfacon.png (925 KB, 600x739) Image search: [Google]
cosmic_being_by_scottfacon.png
925 KB, 600x739
>>36794601
Anyone?
>>
>>36794601
Look into Stoic philosophy and also practice mindfulness meditation
>>
File: 800px_2_alte_M_nner__um_1821_23.jpg (453 KB, 800x1793) Image search: [Google]
800px_2_alte_M_nner__um_1821_23.jpg
453 KB, 800x1793
Read the Stoics.
You need prior knowledge of Greek philosophy to understand the stoicism at least to some extend.
Emotional castration is impossible as you're a sociable being by nature. It takes lots of time to convert into asceticism.

You'd also like a famous introductory text into Absurdism:The Stranger by Albert Camus. (Requires no prior knowledge of other existing philosphies)

Remember,we are all lifting for the sole purpose to be able to lift our feelings.
>>
>>36794644
>>36794684
Actually writing this shit down. How about motivation? Will this be enough? There are enough people on this planet that dedicate their life to flipping burgers and changing diapers. I tried to find papers on self manipulating myself in some military discipline and assertiveness. I'm not sure how much of a tard I seem saying all of these but I'm tired of wanting to off myself out of reasons that do not matter. Might as well go out kicking
>>
File: frank_frazetta_death_dealer.jpg (335 KB, 865x1200) Image search: [Google]
frank_frazetta_death_dealer.jpg
335 KB, 865x1200
>>36794738
Motivation must lie within you. If you find others as a source of insatiable thirst for change you're not gonna get far.
I imagine you as either too skinny or too fat,is that accurate? Going to the gym and building a good form requires both mental and physical discipline. Working out will be your escape from everyday life. Working out will be your new drug,especially if you're a broken person.
Believe me,once you start shaping your body the malefic thoughts will **probably** go away.
People WILL notice you more and they will admire your wit and patience to build a body.
It's always rough when starting but don't be dishearted. It will pay off in the long run.
>>
>>36794738
When it comes to letting go of an old habit, such as drinking or whatever, you have to want to abstain more than you want to give in.

It sounds silly, but I've always taken a lot of motivation from DBZ. Goku had a point when he told Gohan that "power comes from a need, and you have to find a way to create that need." You have to train your mind into "needing" improvement. You have to want it more than anything. It's easy to hype yourself up and feel all good inside, but the real test is when you want nothing more than that beer or that cheat meal.

My advice is to take a deep breath, dissect the desire, and resolve your mind into saying no to what it is that is tempting you. Either remove the temptation from your presence, or remove yourself from the situation. Do whatever it takes to succeed, and be honest to yourself when you make an excuse or make a mistake. You have to become brutally honest with yourself, and be willing to love yourself enough to do better.

I honestly believe the hardest fights are with ourselves, but it is a good and noble fight. Don't quit, don't give up. And if you fall, get back up. This can all sound pretty cliche, but it's also true to a large degree.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 500x500
>>36794601
>>36794630
>>36794644
>>36794684
>>36794738
>>36794824
>>36794918
>>
>>36794918
>>36794824
Im writing this down
>>36794933
Nuke yourself kike
>>
Just dont expect nothing from people. Works 4 me all the time
>>
>>36794944
He's literally telling you to watch DBZ it's cringy af kek. Just man up.
>>
>>36794601
>>36794630
just take psychedelic drugs
>>
File: lsd.jpg (59 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
lsd.jpg
59 KB, 600x450
>>36794956
Cringy is being 23 years old and the only ambition you ever had is killing yourself next year somewhere some-when somehow..I just feel empty so yes I'll take advice even from fucking /mlp/ if that faggot board is still up
>>
>>36795036
My friend was 23 and just killed himself. The funeral was yesterday. Wish I had talked him out of it.
>>
>>36794960
No drugs, no alcohol, no weed, no fapping. Gave up TV for a long time because I'm depressed I'd wantch tv 20/24 and basically forget I exist.
>>
>>36795058
watch
>>36795045
Sorry for your loss man
>>
>>36794601
Read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.
Acknowledge when you are becoming irrational and/or undisciplined.
Do math problems in your free time.
>>
>>36795090
Noted. Any people with military/religious background willing to share some advice?
>>
>>36795090
I was actually going to suggest Epictetus and studying a language in his spare time.

Great minds etc.
>>
>>36795177
Will add some daily minutes on duolingo and Epictetus. This is genuinely good advice brothers
>>
>>36794738
There are some evil people changing old peoples continence aids. If you're a good person, that's going to make a difference to old people.
Burger flipping fills out time gaps in your CV.
Read widely. Learn what a big world it is
Maybe you'll find something that will satisfy you?
>>
>>36795177
"If I were again beginning my studies, I would follow the advice of Plato and start with mathematics." -Galileo

But then again, why not both?
>>
>>36794933
Horrible meme. At least TRY to offend me.
>>36795045
Chances are you couldn't have done anything.
So don't blame yourself.
Suicidal people are immune to any form of reasoning because their modus operandi has shifted away from that of your own. I used to be like that too. I eventually manned up out of sheer will alone.Thing is...that I wanted to recover and that pushed me forward. If you lose your will to live,you can never truly regain it fully and you must be willing to get out of that toxic state of mind.
>>36795135
Be a realist,don't get baited into religion if you have a curious mind.
I received a 2yr military training (Cypriot army).
Military discipline will break you.
You'll have to wake up at ridiculous hours.
Listen to any dumb fucking thing your drill sergeant comes up with.
Jogging for an hour with heavy equipment under the scorching Sun.
Put up with dumb-as-bricks dudes who will get the entire fucking platoon in trouble.
Be exposed to propaganda on a daily basis.
Lots of bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>36795293
Will do.
>>36795256
Nothing does so I might as well sacrifice a few years of my life and just drone away through work, lifts and exams.
>>
>>36795299
>Be a realist,don't get baited into religion if you have a curious mind.
>I received a 2yr military training (Cypriot army).
>Military discipline will break you.
>You'll have to wake up at ridiculous hours.
>Listen to any dumb fucking thing your drill sergeant comes up with.
>Jogging for an hour with heavy equipment under the scorching Sun.
>Put up with dumb-as-bricks dudes who will get the entire fucking platoon in trouble.
>Be exposed to propaganda on a daily basis.
>Lots of bodyweight exercises.

Isnt a life of struggle better than a life of suicidal contemplating?
>>
>>36795379
If you're in the military.NO.
If you're living a normal city life and your escape is the gym. YES.
Struggles create character. People who lived a hard life tend to be more reliable and are much better at handling stress and pain than the average pampered normie. But dude,don't enlist to the military,that's all I'm saying.
>>
>>36795058
But psychedelics work in a completely different way, the cultures that use it call ot 'medicine'.

Try some LSD in a safe environment anon, it can really help you.
>>
>>36795471
This is terrible advice.
>>
>>36795471
see>>36795058
That's what TV series do to me. Why would you think drugs will have a positive effect?
>>36795491
Agree.
>>36795438
Understood
>>
>>36795491
Why so, anon? For me psychs helped me to have a broader outlook on life, and freed me from a lot of irrational fear and anxiety caused by the unfulfillness of today's lifestyle.

Did you have a bad experience with psychs?
>>
>>36795505
Because that's the kind of issues psychedelics help you with. You cant simply label them as "drugs" and pair them with meth, thats disrespectful.

You cant know how it works unless you experience it, I'd suggest you to read a bit about LSD or psychedelics in general and try them, but it's also ok if you don't want to. I'm just talking from my experience.
>>
Dudes i need to sleep because tomorrow I'm going to work. Please for fucks sake if you have any advice please e-mail it to me mseptember at g mail . I thank you all for the good advice and wish you a life worth living. Today was my last day of fucking around and I'll turn the tables round even if it kills me. Good night, anons
>>
File: ride the tiger brah.jpg (132 KB, 588x734) Image search: [Google]
ride the tiger brah.jpg
132 KB, 588x734
>>36795558
Godspeed.
>>
>>36795471
I would say no to trying LSD, but yes to trying mushrooms. LSD Can really fuck you up.
>>
>>36795610
Just avoid all drugs. Especially if you've been mentally unstable in the past.
>>
>>36795633
Homeostasis is a helluva state.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.