[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do ppl lift in the morning?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: MeILG7N.jpg (58 KB, 703x703) Image search: [Google]
MeILG7N.jpg
58 KB, 703x703
im week as shit and really guddamn stiff in the morning. it fucking blows. if im going to lift heavy it has to be in the afternoon or evening
>>
You don't. Don't start waking up early and fucking up my near-empty gym
>>
>>36785393
Warm up..?
>>
no one works out right when they wake up you dumb fuck
>>
sleep on the floor now you wont be stiff anymore
>>
>>36785424
>>36785437
no shit. im still week as shit compared to lifting later in the day. I have conducted all the broscience
>>
i wake up and make myself a mug of matcha green tea and drink it on my way to the gym. then i do my warm up sets and by then the green tea has kicked in... unless my blood sugar drops too low, then I'm fucked.
>>
They just do. They get their punk ass up and just fucking start and keep doing it until it becomes a habit.
>>36785450
I miss sleeping on the floor sometimes. But I have tiles all over where I live, no carpet, fuck tiles.
>>
>>36785437
i actually know a guy who wakes up naturally at 2 or 3 am and goes to the gym. comes back and sleeps.

>>36785393
yeah i can't work out after i wake up either. need an hour of being awake before i eat and 2 hours after i eat to work out. i used to workout before work when i was nightshift but now i workout when i get home. homegym master race :)
>>
>>36785522
Good god you wake up and green tea is enough to get you going? Are you real? Are your veins already pumping caffeine?
>>
>>36786013
That guy is me.
>>
>>36785522
kek
>>
>>36785393
>wake up
>have shower
>shitpost for 20 mins or so, have PWO and something to drink
>walk to gym, eat some fruit on the way there

obviously if you go to the gym right after waking up you're going to feel like shit. it depends on the person too, every single one of my PRs has been in the morning, i lift like shit past about 4pm
>>
>>36788880
You lift heavy weights in a near fasted state? From what i gathered from the internet it is ideal to work out after atleast your second meal when your energy levels are highest. I don't know the science behind it, cant remember the proper jargon.
I can only run in a fasted, caffeine induced state when im on my cut.
Fuck lifting heavy weights m8
>>
>>36785393
Just lift in the afternoon or evening then, I lift at night and I love it, empty gym and all, but I'm sure a lot of people would hate it.
>>
>>36785393

> wake up
> drink coffee, eat pre-workout meal (usually overnight oats with proton powder)
> go to gym
> set a PR before 8am
> have the rest of the day to feel good about it

you get used to it
>>
>>36789408
Not the same anon.
When i was used to training evening, it seemed impossible to train in the morning.
After three months or so I just wake up naturally full of energy, pour some black coffee into the machine and get pumping.
Actually broken some PRs lately. It takes some getting used to - you can start with some cardio or semi heavy stuff for the first weeks until your body understand when you want it to be pumped.
>>
File: 1377567023004.png (258 KB, 549x560) Image search: [Google]
1377567023004.png
258 KB, 549x560
Somewhat unrelated question question: Does the barbell have any advantage over dumbells? Dums would take up much less space at my home
>>
yeah I don't really get it

my brother has been lifting since 12 (26 now) and he gets up at 4, has 2 cups of iced coffee and goes to the gym for a little over an hour, THEN goes home for breakfast and then to work

I don't understand it. He also still manages to put up 2/4/5/6 that early and without breakfast

I think it honestly is a case of your body's natural tendency to be a night vs morning person
>>
>>36789911
yes and no.
squatting and lunging with dumbbells is the worst.
benching can go either way, but if you lift at home you'll probably bench with dumbbells so you won't die.
never tried dumbbell deadlifts but at some point it's going to be a problem to stack the weight on them if you want to get to big boy gains.
you can get a shorter bar if it's that much of problem.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.