[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I doing wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 1460111943412.png (176 KB, 478x352) Image search: [Google]
1460111943412.png
176 KB, 478x352
Hi /fit/. 209 lb 5'7 fatass trying to lose the fat. currently 28% bf.

TDEE = 2600, eating at 2000 cal/d, but macros are carb 50/Prot 20/Fat 30. Avoiding refined and processed shit.

Also lifting 4xweek and HIIT 1-2xweek

10 days later - no progress, actually gained a lb.

Are my macros fucked up? Do I need to cut carbs for protein? What's happening?
>>
How many grams, specifically, of protein per day? And carbs and fat?
>>
>>36781894
90 g protein
210 g carb
65 g fat

Average daily consumption
>>
>>36781861
Decrease caloric intake
or
do cardio.

>>36781926
you need more brotons op. 1gram for each lbs
>>
I didn't believe you're counting your calories
>>
>>36781939
This, and

Ten whole DAYS??? You god damned savage, that is an incredible amount of time, I personally can't believe that 1 and 1/2 weeks of healthy behavior after a life of shitting on your own health wasn't enough to get shredded, I am stunned truly and thoroughly.
>>
>>36782016
Yeah, might be a short time, but it shouldn't be getting worse right. Better to catch my mistakes early.
>>
>>36781938

Myth. You could do .8g per pound. Haven't you ever thought how ironic it is that the "standard" for protein is 1g per pound?

Most people get way more protein than needed. The benefit of eating more protein is the thermogenesis of it and the satiation. You can build muscle with a lot less protein than your magazines want you to think.
>>
>>36781861
It sounds like you are overestimating your TDEE or underestimating your intake.
>>
>>36782062
Don't give a damn. Better safe than sorry my famalam
>>
>>36781861
so give it a month.
also do 2h walks on "rest days". leave the lightest meal for evening
>>
>>36781861

You're an overweight pig. Eat less and continue to eat less for many months. Owwww but my tummy hurts!!! That's because its used to eating like a pig not a normal man. Get used to it.

Stop exercising so much, its probably making you hungry and causing to stuff your face. 98% of weight loss is just diet.

>counting your calories

Lmfao. Implying youre counting accurately. You arent a bodybuilder getting ready for a show, stop trying to count your calories its an illusion. Eat less and make sure you are losing a few pounds each week and continue to eat less...simple
>>
File: 1350681564956.jpg (61 KB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
1350681564956.jpg
61 KB, 294x294
>>36782121
>don't count calories it doesn't work
>>
>>36782029
>what is water weight
>what is weight fluctuation based on food intake
>I think my body is made of fat muscle bones and nothing else

There could be a gajilion reasons. Just keep going, if it doesn't work by next month you should reduce your intake. AND WEIGH YOURSELF AT THE SAME TIME EVERYDAY. Then take weekly averages. This doesn't remove all errors, but it makes trends visible.

Then again, I'm sure you just eat too much fatass.
>>
>>36782179
>op counts calories
>gains weight instead of losing it

Its not that counting calories doesn't work its that amateurs dunno how to do it, its a waste of time
>>
>>36781861
Could be water gain due to your mussels swelling up for the first time in your life.

If it persists, then it's because you're counting your calories wrong.
>>
File: 1439671336401.png (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1439671336401.png
1 MB, 1024x1024
>>36782179

He never said that
>>
>>36781861
make sure you're weighing yourself at the same time of the day too.

I weigh 3-5kg more before bed that I do in the morning.
>>
>>36781861
Fuck TDEE, doesn't work for me. I use my BMR and eat under it on non workout days, and on it on workout days.

So basically

>BMR 1840
Workout days: I eat 1700-1800 (I do not count calories burned)
Non Workout days: I eat 1400-1500

I am now finally starting to drop weight. I keep my protein at 0.7g/lb and just focus on my deficit. The carbs/fats are unimportant, as long as I'm in calorie deficit and my protein is high enough the weight will come off.

TDEE fucks me. It accounts for my calories burned on top of my BMR, but eating at 300-500 below TDEE I end up maintaining weight or staying around the same. My fitbit also uses TDEE and has the same problem.

Basically TDEE is unreliable and doesn't account (in my opinion) for the variance in metabolism between individuals. Basically TDEE isn't constant between individuals doing the same amount of exercise due to horomonal differences in the body between individuals.

Try eating at your BMR on workout days and 300-500 below on non workout days. You will see the weight come off trust me, it's the only thing that has worked for me. I do not trust the TDEE calculations. I spent the last two weeks doing 1 hour of cardio a day combined with lifting and saw no weight loss whatsoever eating at 300-500 below TDEE. I switched to BMR and I have seen 3lbs come off in the last week.
>>
You are doing something wrong, and only you can really know what it is. If you've read the sticky you should know the basics, so just try harder this week. I've been losing weight for the past 3 months. I had one week where I stayed the same. I thought I ate well, and exercised, and I counted calories, but after I weighed myself I knew I could've done better. Since that week I havn't let myself have another bad week, and I have lost at least 2 pounds a week. Almost at my goal.

TLDR just try harder given you know the basics of nutrition
>>
File: motherofgod.jpg (45 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
motherofgod.jpg
45 KB, 640x352
>>36781861

>50 lbs in one sitting
>>
>>36782338
fake article brah, just some dude crying about weight loss surgery
http://www.snopes.com/man-kicked-buffet-sues/
>>
File: 34HxfX6.png (430 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
34HxfX6.png
430 KB, 1920x1200
>>36781861
You've only lost 1 1/2 lbs of body fat by my math, which is a great start. However your body fluctuates in water weight pretty severely due to have so much excess body weight.

After a month you should have lost lik 4-7 lbs and then you will see a legitimate difference. However it takes 2 months for close friends to notice a difference, and 6 months for qt's to notice a difference. Whatever you do, do not stray from the path of natiness anon.
>>
Sweet, sweet baby.

Welcome to the wonderful world of n00b gainz.

Your body is working really hard right now to carry your hulking bulk around. You have all that extra fat on top of the weights you're lifting. Plus, your legs, core and ass are all gaining muscle at an incredible rate. Eventually that muscle gain will taper off and level out.

So what is happening is you're gaining muscle faster than you're losing fat.

IT MEANS YOU'RE DOING IT RIGHT. YOU'RE GONNA MAKE IT BRUH!
>>
>>36781861
>TDEE = 2600, eating at 2000 cal/d,

You are wrong about one or both of these numbers. There is literally no other possible explanation.

10 days isn't a lot of time. Give it a month and you should see a trend emerge.
>>
Your either miscalculating, or its just natural fluctuation of weight.

I understand your desire to catch your mistakes early, but if you believe your correct about your calorie intake, then just stick with it and the results will come.
>>
>>36781861
10 days isn't a long time anon. Get ready because this road you are on will take you months, probably years. If you are counting your calories correctly then it's impossible for you not to lose weight. But your weight can fluctuate by a couple of pounds throughout the day so just keep going and make sure you weigh yourself at the same time every week and you will start to see progress.
>>
File: 1460507635295.jpg (431 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1460507635295.jpg
431 KB, 3264x2448
Your flame is bright, flame on little candle
Also like the anons said, you are in for the long haul, I didn't start losing weight till two weeks after I started cutting calories and in the it was not till a month or two whenI was losing enough to see progress
>>
>>36781861

Restaurant could probably just delay the trial for 2 or 3 weeks until his heart fails.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.