[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 22 too old to take up boxing? I don't harbor any illusions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: AIBA-World-Boxing-Championships.jpg (468 KB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
AIBA-World-Boxing-Championships.jpg
468 KB, 1900x1200
Is 22 too old to take up boxing? I don't harbor any illusions of becoming world champ or anything, but I like the physique of boxers and I think it would be a cool way to stay motivated to get and keep /fit/?
>>
I don't think it's ever too late to start doing something just for yourself.
I'm 26 and I'm about to pick up boxing in the near future as well.
>>
>>36781398
Rocky Marciano started at 23
>>
>>36781398
Nope. Go wild, OP.
>>
>>36781398
Enjoy brain damage poorfriend
>>
>>36781398
It's never too late to learn something new, especially something practical like a martial art.
>>
>>36782672
this. altho theres a higher chance your flexibility sucks and you wont be able to do a leg split. you gotta start young for that.
>>
never too late, ignore the fags telling you you gotta start young, do it now and reap the glory in your later years
>>
I am of the understanding you can get good at boxing in a relatively short amount of time.
>>
>>36781452
This. Bernard Hopkins also didn't get serious until his mid twenties when he was in prison. Not too late at all
>>
File: 1446667571508.jpg (25 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1446667571508.jpg
25 KB, 499x499
>>36781398
>I don't harbor any illusions
>>
>>36782653
Pretty sure he's unlikely to be a pro heavy weight with 50 fights under his belt, m8.
>>
>>36783647
You can get good enough to handle yourself in any situation in which you could reasonably handle yourself in 6 months to a year.

Getting "good" in a competitive sense is a lot harder to say.
>>
>>36781398

What is up with brazilian's shorts? Is his dick really that big or are they so loose?
>>
is groin protecter
>>
>>36781398
fag
>>
>>36783647

I'm terms of how to defend yourself if some nigger swung at you on the street, some good boxing coaching can get you up to speed faster than any other style of fighting.

Don't think you'll be a pro though, almost all competitive fighters were in some kind of fight sports / fighting all the time since their early teens usually.

>>36781398

I'd recommend it OP. I did boxing for a year after recovering from a lifting injury for a change of pace from the gym, and whilst I lost some overall strength, it was the most enjoyable cardio I've done and kept me in decent shape. Find a good gym in the area, preferably an authentic one where people actually get hit, and just roll in and ask about lessons.

It's never too old to take up something for fun, though don't expect to be competing in bouts even locally, for reasons I talked about above.
>>
>>36784014
That's honestly not true, you're really overestimating the skill level needed to compete, I box locally for fun and the skill level is horrendous. I trained for a few months and was one of the best fighters there. Even in the pro's there is a lot of people who suck
>>
Big Anthony Joshua started relatively late I think. 18 or something
>>
>>36781398
I like how so many idiots on 4chan start questions like, "Is <some age that is clearly very young> too old for <insert activity/goal>?" The answer to every single one of these questions is that you are a fucking retarded child.
>>
Maravilla martinez started at 20,retired a few years ago,just go for it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.