[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I recently lost about 60lbs. I have about 40 more to go until
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: loose skin.jpg (18 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
loose skin.jpg
18 KB, 500x375
So I recently lost about 60lbs. I have about 40 more to go until I reach my goal of 170. I have diet, exercise, and endless shitposting on /fit/ to thank for this transformation. I feel better, and clothes fit looser, and all that. Thanks, bros.

However, now I'm worried about all the excess skin I'll have. It feels like a depressing curse - I lose all this weight (it'll be 100lbs when I'm done) and then I'm stuck with the shame of my past fatass self.

Is plastic/cosmetic surgery the only way to go? Isn't that incredibly painful?

My goal is to be able to take off my shirt without feeling like Jabba the Hutt.
>>
mk677 + Coconut butter everyday is your best hope
>>
Surgery or lifting. You can bulk up to fill in the space but depending on how much loose skin you have it may not be that effective

Also not sure if broscience or not but you can also try losing weight at a slower pace
>>
>>36780260
SS + GOMAD
4 scoops of weight gainer 2-3 times a day every day
>>
>>36780260
Don't listen to this faggot >>36780291

Lose skin is where the skin was stretched so far that most of the collagen is gone. Stretch marks are actually scars deep in your skin. Nothing you rub on your skin will actually make it better. It's all anecdotal.

In order for you body to grow new collagen there has to be a real stimulus. The only actual stimulus is laser treatments or skin needling. They both do the same thing. They damage your skin to the point where your body will grow new collagen but not so much that it'll have any lasting effect.

Laser treatments are expensive as fuck. Skin needling can be expensive as well, but you can buy rollers or machines and do it at home your self.
>>
>>36780260
Honestly, there's nothing much you can do about it except get a good job and save for surgery. Moisturizing and taking it slow can minimize the damage but it's mostly genetics.
>>
>>36780373
Skin needling seems like a meme, any firsthand experience?
>>
>>36780260
You'll need surgery. I guarantee you still look better than you were big, even with the excess skin.
>>
>>36780260
how tall are you?
>>
>>36780260
I feel like I should tell you to go get those massages women get to treat cellulite
Your stomach looks lumpy af
>>
>>36780260

Don't sweat it, brah. I'm in the same boat as you, dropped down from 430 and I basically have the same skin situation as the obese to beast guy.

No one really cares. The thing is you can't be ashamed of it - it's a reminder of all the hard work you've done and the negativity you've overcome. You'll rarely be without clothes, even if you live on the coast, and when you do get naked for someone they're generally just as self-conscious as you are. As long as you own it, and you're okay with it, it won't bother the vast majority of other people. Some chicks are weird and they'll play with that shit, for real.

I just tell people I used to sumo wrestle.
>>
>>36780477
Skin needling is 100% proven but advertisers like to blow peoples expectations to shit with wild claims of what it can do.

First hand experience, yes. I've had my arms done and my sides done a few times as well. It's painful. Itchy as fuck afterwards, but I've seen some improvement.

this page does well at managing expectations.

http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermarolling-microneedling-hype-realistic-results/
>>
>>36780545
>it's a reminder of all the hard work you've done and the negativity you've overcome

I hate when people say that I don't need a fucking reminder can't I just enjoy the good times in life for once. Sheesh.

Not OP btw
>>
>>36780545
Im with this guy, lost 50kg, loose skin everywhy but surgery is the only option. Just rock that shit as a trophy
>>
>>36780558

Yeah, totally. You just have to enjoy it wearing a birthday suit that's way too fucking big for you.

The other thing about loose skin - some people get real depressed when they see it, right? Other people when they look down at it, they think, 'there's no fucking way I'm going back.'
>>
>>36780260
Hey OP. good job on the weight loss
Listen the tim ferriss podcast with charles Poloquin

He talk about that and some non chirurgical solution, don't remember exactly what it is but it might be worth taking a look.

otherwise be brave and find a good surgeon.

goodspeed.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.