[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point in lifting after 3 years? If your gains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1343009790973[1].jpg (32 KB, 490x586) Image search: [Google]
1343009790973[1].jpg
32 KB, 490x586
What's the point in lifting after 3 years?

If your gains stop, it is just maintaining then?
>>
>>36776898
Same point as your brush your teeth or wipe your ass.
>>
Your gains don't magically stop after 3 years. You can still make some muscle gains a lot of strength gains after 3 years of lifting.
>>
It's time to gear, buddy.
>>
File: 89878.jpg (27 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
89878.jpg
27 KB, 640x361
>>36776926

>2016
>wiping your ass

what the fuck is wrong with people today?
>>
>>36776898
Gains don't stop completely, but yes, most of it is simply maintaining what you got.
>>
>>36776975
India go and stay go.
>>
>>36776898
I couldn't fathom losing my gains after working so hard for the for 1.5 years, let alone 3 years.
>>
Most people suffer setbacks during three years so the question might be a bit trivial. How many huge guys do you see on the street? Few. How many people have been lifting for 3+ years? Lots. So don't get ahead of yourself yet.

But my advice would be making lifting fun. If you ONLY do it for muscle mass then, well, either go HC with bodybuilding or get depressed and die. But you can always start a hobby that also works as maintenance. Such as olympic lifts, crossfit, calisthenics, amateur rugby, whatever.
>>
>>36776898
You're not at your peak after three years, especially if you're like 99% of jokers on this board who go from sedentary cocksuckers to spending time in the gym. Maybe, if you've been playing sports for years, or have been doing manual labour for years and stuff, then after three years of lifting on top of a decade or so of using your body you may be reaching your natty peak, but honestly you're going to keep gaining muscle as long as you're not over 30 and you're eating right and training reasonably hard and with consistency.
>>
>>36776898
Very few people ever actually reach their "genetic max". There are different types of programming for every level of experience that will provide gains. Granted after 3 years they'll be a lot slower in many cases, but good a good programming structure will allow you to progress 99% of the time.

The amount of roiders I've met who said they started after they reached their "genetic potential" (because arm/leg/back day meme stopped working) is insane. When a program stops working, there is usually another that'll keep you going.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.