[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/qtddtot/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: qtddtot.jpg (127 KB, 999x624) Image search: [Google]
qtddtot.jpg
127 KB, 999x624
Lsst thread is already past the limit. I'll start:

Does ab-wheel really works for abs? Should I do before or after lifting?
>>
is honey bad for you?
>>
I just realized I can do 5x chinups but I can't do 5x bodyweight OHP. This makes a kind of sense to me, but at the same time seems kind of weird. I don't really have a question.
>>
File: muh_stats.png (22 KB, 934x641) Image search: [Google]
muh_stats.png
22 KB, 934x641
My lifts are stalled. Starting Strength on a 500 cal deficit. I am a fat fuck and need to lose approximately 20 more pounds.

Is it better to deload 10% and work back up or just keep trying the same weight and failing?

Pic related: muh lifts
>>
>>36770664
>Does ab-wheel really works for abs?
It's an effective ab exercise. If by 'really works' you're asking if it'll help your abs look better then read the sticky.

>Should I do before or after lifting?
After. You need your core intact to perform your compounds safely and stably.

>>36770695
It's sugar. It's not special.

>>36770801
If you fail it twice, deload. I'd recommend up to 20% depending on where your lifts are at. Focus on getting higher quality reps (crisper, more explosive, zero form breakdown) especially when the weight is more manageable.

When building strength, I'd say it's usually best to choose a conservative weight that you know that you can get rather than something you might miss. Failing fucks progression & recovery.
>>
>>36770664
Heavy and compounds first
Light and isolations after

>>36770695
As anon said, it's sugar. Too much sugar is always bad

>>36770713
Pulling and back is always stronger than pushing
Or should be, at least

You are recruiting a lot of big muscles when doing chinups
The deltoids and triceps, comparably, are not big

>>36770801
Read the book
167 lbs is probably too light to cut, unless you're a midget. I would say up the calories

As anon said (which he spoonfed you from SS), if stalled more than once, deload and work back up with good form
>>
>>36770664

I'm a fatty and a beginner to lifting and I'm not really getting any DOMS, is this even possible? I mean, I'm sore as fuck a few hours after the gym but the day after I'm not sore anymore.

Is it cause I'm not lifting heavy enough? because I spend about 10 mins stretching after lifting? what?
>>
Doing SS back squats the way it says in the book, but my lower back feels incredibly tight after. How are you supposed to get your back horizontal and not vertical? Should I be hunching over or sometime? Because I'm holding my back the way I do when I stand up, but leaning forward
>>
>>36770988
What exercise have you been doing?
DOMS doesn't really mean much
>>
>>36771012
Read the book
Post form check

Your back should not be horizontal, just inclined
The angle is a product of how far backwards your hips go while keeping the bar over midfoot
You should be maintaining a strong, natural arch. No hyperextension or rounding
>>
>>36771017
OHP
Squats
Bench Press
Dumbell Deadlifts
Bent-over Rows
Lat Pull-downs (only machine I use, but I really like it lmao)
>>
>>36771117
LMAO SO FUNNY

I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure you have good form and are making progress
>DB deadlift
Why not barbell?
>>
Fatass here.

How much does body fat percentage factor into TDEE calculation?

I don't know what mine is, but I'm pretty sure my percent is very high.
>>
>>36771012
If you have the bar low enough on your back, and squat deep enough, the back angle will be automatic. It's physics.
>>
I'm doing SS plus accessories, one being dumbell curls. How would be a good progression for these curls?
>>
Is c4 pre workout bad for you?
>>
>>36771185
Not necessarily percentage, but total mass numbers (lean and fat body mass)

>>36771247
It can be tough to gauge progression with isolations because doing the compounds first will leave you with different levels of fatigue in these smaller muscles on each day and progression won't be as consistent. What's important is that you just work hard each time and understand what hypertrophy means and how it is caused

That being said, just add a rep or 2 to progress and then add weight once reaching a certain number of reps. Then increase reps again with the higher weight.
For example, you could curl 20 lbs for sets of 10, then 11, then 12. Then go up to 25 for sets of 10
>>
Will lifting shoes help get rid of my butt wink?
>>
Will lifting shoes help eliminate my butt wink?
>>
>>36771441
possibly
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 271x186
Arnie believed in doing every set to failiure.

He believed in variation to keep the body from getting used to his routine.

no 5x5, 3x5, 4x8, shit

When I first started working out, I worked out more this way, and I think I got better results, before i started doing SS, then PPL, etc.

Why don't I see more routines around using Arnie's methods?

inb4 steriods
>>
How far can I get on an LP using a 5 foot, one inch diameter bar before I need to get better equipment? I've never really lifted before. I know some lifts tend to increase in weight way faster than others, is it ok to let those top out and continue training if it gets too heavy for the bar?

5'10 male, 23
>>
>>36771632
probably because arnie was a maniac and used tons of sterons
>>
>>36771632

Arnie was about lifting heavy and doing compounds. for fucking hours and hours every day. That's why he got big.
>>
>>36771632
Steroids can't be the answer, because he did roids and so does everyone else. Arnold has exceptional genetics and probably would have been huge no matter what kind of routine he did.

On he other hand, afaik modern hypertrophy routines are all about volume, and "to failure" gets a lot of volume in, especially for someone as single minded as Arnold.
>>
>>36771726

i'm not denying the need for compounds, senpai

arnie is certainly a huge advocate of compounds
>>
File: IMG-20160411-WA0001.jpg (266 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160411-WA0001.jpg
266 KB, 960x960
How long do external hemmorhoids take to go away, I'm a burger with no health insurance so I can't go to the doctor without it costing a fortune

I just want to lift again fit
>>
>>36771295
Yeah if you take 5 scoops then proceed to do 3hr cardio sessions.
>>
File: 1453545915091.jpg (95 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1453545915091.jpg
95 KB, 640x640
Former fatty losing weight here. I'm currently 5'10" and 210 pounds, so Scooby's Calculator says that I need to eat ~2600 calories a day to lose weight if I to 3-5 hrs/week of moderate exercise. That seems like too much food, so I just wanted to get you guys' opinions or suggestions on it. Also, does that stay the same for days that I don't lift on?
>>
For bicep curls, should it be 3x5 like normal lifts or is it different because it's an isolation?
>>
>>36771784
Lose weight, eat more fiber
>>
File: 1459706729890.png (530 KB, 722x624) Image search: [Google]
1459706729890.png
530 KB, 722x624
Aight,

I can DL lmao4pl8 but only squat 2pl8. I don't think I have weak quads considering I practice jumps on something 5 feet tall, so I'm interested in whether this is normal or not. Symmetric strength seems to peg my squats as my weak point and I'm trying to figure out why they're lagging.

I'm about 5'10" and weigh ~155-160 lbs depending on when you measure it by the way
>>
File: costanza.jpg (66 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
66 KB, 601x601
I've been eating at a pretty big deficit lately. If I eat closer to what MyFitnessPal recommends for daily calories, will that jumpstart my metabolism, or is that just a meme?

Also, doing /SS/ and trying to do Couch To 5K on my rest days. Is this a bad idea for too much leg exercise, or is it good to burn off fat in general?
>>
>>36772415
>cutting
>SS
oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>36772415
>jumpstart my metabolism
all bullshit

>doing both ss and couch to 5k
It's a bad idea not because of too much leg exercise, but mentally and because of how your body will feel. You're already eating a large deficit (already not that recommended) and picking up lifting. Now you want to throw in serious cardio too? This is how people burn out and go back to their old habits. Do something sustainable, get your rhythm going for 2 months with some progress and comfort built, then add something new.
>>
How long is a good time for a plank? Is it cheating if I clasp my hands together during the plank?
>>
If I'm seeing slow gains in muscle mass after 6 months (my lifts are going up though) will drop-sets help me work my muscles to the point where they'll start to grow?
>>
>>36772493
Just keep progressing your bulk will come with more gains.
>>
>>36772178

Eat less. If you're really fucking fat losing as much as 4 pounds a week is really no problem.

Just don't completely starve yourself, take supplements and protein to retain muscle. try to eat a minimum of 500 calories per meal to keep your metabolism rocking.
>>
I got into lifting for a year but since I started university I had to quit. Las time I tried lifting again was like 2 weeks ago.
Thing is that I get this pain after some time not working out. My legs and calves hurt as if I ran for miles the day before. What can I do to get rid of this pain? Lifting again is not a choice since I'm not getting enough sleep and eat like shit.
>>
Should I do squats/deadlifts if I'm still sore from my previous squat day or take more rest days from legs?
>>
>>36772584
Keep lifting. The soreness will go away.
>>
>>36772469
Trying to lose weight and build muscle.

>>36772477
Currently I'm eating around 15-1800 calories a day, MFP says I should be at 2300 to lose weight, so I'm about about a 1k calorie deficit. I've done 3 workouts of /SS/ so far, got my DL up to 135, squat and bench at 85. I'm pretty new to lifting, but I've got 33% bodyfat (estimated by measuring), so I'm trying to lose the weight seriously for once.
>>
>>36772666

Honestly man being that fucking fat don't put too much pressure on yourself to hit the gym hard.

Spend all your energy focusing on your diet.
>>
Is losing ~20 pounds in a month safe?
I was 5'8" 241 lbs when I started about four and a half weeks ago and am down to 219 lbs. I'm eating 1600-1800 cal/day and lifting 3x a week, playing basketball for cardio 3x also.
I'm counting my calories with mfp, making sure I eat a healthy amount but the rate of weight loss is spooking me. Don't feel sick or anything, not tired all the time, not peeing blood.
I should be fine, right?
>>
What's a good way to get body fat % checked? I'm already a fatass, and so calipers aren't much help here.
>>
>>36770664
proper form for sit-ups/crunches? (or something I should be doing instead?)
how can I use random heavy objects as part of exercise?
>>
File: bod_pod_02.jpg (69 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
bod_pod_02.jpg
69 KB, 640x800
>>36772903
The only method worth a damn is the egg.
>>
File: 1460113510042.jpg (282 KB, 1175x1600) Image search: [Google]
1460113510042.jpg
282 KB, 1175x1600
ITT: We post the worst exercises and why.

>1. Deadlift.

This exercise wouldnt be half as popular if we called it by its real name: floor pull. Sure, it feels great pushing 100s of lbs as a beginner when you can only bench 115. But the floor pull carries so many risks its not worth doing. Permanent spine damage and bicep tears to name a few. Itd be worth doing if you were with Matt Rippleton at his gym in Wichita Falls, but youre not there.

Grade: D

>2. Cable flies.

We know why you do this. Because you struggle doing this with dumbells, and because youre an annoying pussy who takes up a 3 man exercise machine with your stupid shit. I bet you feel so cool doing these, you think youre fucking Wolverine. Fuck you cunt.

Grade: F
>>
>>36772940
But the Bench Press has a higher injury rate than Deadlift.
>>
Are cable rows good for trap development
>>
>>36770664
Why do I shake when bench pressing hard?
>>
>>36772940
>>36773051
https://books.google.com/books?id=JOWN_FNViMgC&lpg=PA347&ots=Ilyr2rzPoi&dq=injury%20rate%20by%20exercise%20bench-press%20deadlift&pg=PA347#v=onepage&q=bench%20press&f=false
>>
>>36772940
You forgot to make your own thread m8, you have to close the tab after you ask for beginner help

>>36772930
Google '21st century ab training' and educate yourself

>>36772903
Post a pic
It won't matter though, just start losing weight. People like you are too hung up on numbers. Worry about your weight only if you're fat

>>36772830
At this stage, probably not.
I would say just keep doing what you're doing though. I highly doubt you'll continue to lose weight at the same rate

>>36772584
Read teh sticky
DOMS doesn't mean much

>>36772570
Figure out what is causing it
Get your life in order, you should be able to maintain school, work, diet, exercise and sleep.

Lifting doesn't even have to take that much time in a week
And ahve you tried stretching what hurts? There must be a reason for it

>>36772415
>jumpstart my metabolism
This doesn't make any sense, so probably a 'meme'
>SS
Read the book. You can do cardio on off days, or even after workouts. It's not even that much running and you build into it slowly

>>36772360
Post form checks
Everybody is different

>>36772290
Read the sticky
Isolations should be kept in the 8-12 rep range

>>36772178
Any form of weight change with calorie counting is going to take some degree of trial and error to get it right (both counting and accurate estimation of TDEE, calculators are never 100% accurate)

So just go ahead and start. Then adjust calories as needed based on expected weekly weight change vs real weight change

Keep diet consistent

>>36771425
Shoes should be a tool, not a crutch
Work on general mobility
Get the shoes if you want them. All they provide is added stability and dorsiflexion, you should understand that
>>
>>36773119
>>36772415

Thank you based anon. Answered my questions.
>>
>>36773064
The traps ahve more than 1 function
I don't see why cable rows would be specifically better than any other type of row

Simple answer, yes.

>>36773104
Because you're weak and adapting to new loads
>>
Upper back always seems to round on deadlifts. General consensus seems to be that it's not bad, but I think it makes my form look ugly. What can I do to fix it?
>>
>>36772666
>lose weight and build muscle
That's not how it works, senpai. Not for long anyway.

SS is an intense bulking program for weak ass skinnyfats to put on mass fast, especially when paired with GOMAD. You shouldn't be cutting on SS because you'll burn out fast as hell.
>>
>>36773465
Post from check
Deload and work back up
Engage lats, do upper back work
>>
My friend just said she started doing HIIT workouts. Are there just a sham or are they actually very helpful
>>
>>36773644
good for lookin shredded
>>
File: 1460508964381.jpg (78 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
1460508964381.jpg
78 KB, 500x625
If a muscle feels "loose" and even more "jiggly" after a workout is that an indication that it might be injured?

Sorry I know this is super vague and probably not answerable.
>>
>>36773696
If it doesn't hurt it's probably fine.
>>
When doing dumbbell farmers walks,should I shrug the weight and keep it shrugged as I walk or should I just carry it around without shrugging?
>>
>>36774129
Don't shrug, but maintain a good posture.
Also, make sure you're not setting any mental barriers for yourself with the farmer's walk. It's possible to carry your bodyweight in both hands (after some training of course)
>>
>>36774149
Thanks for the quick reply,breh
>>
>>36771784
Eat more fiber and drink more water... at least for the time being. Poop more frequently but gently so you don't rip them open again. Keep it clean and put on some vaseline.

Shouldn't take more than a week if you're careful. The biggest problem is when it keeps getting ripped open and never healing in properly.
>>
>>36774186
Use Scooby's FFMI calculator. Also don't rely too much on the numbers.
>>
File: tumblr_llbals9Gkn1qzlnwmo1_1280.png (52 KB, 505x1118) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_llbals9Gkn1qzlnwmo1_1280.png
52 KB, 505x1118
Why the fuck can't I stop farting?
This is bullshit.

I'm taking in 0.7g/lb of lean body mass, 110g/day.

I'm farting like a motherfucker.
All day long.
>>
How long does it usually take for a chest to fill out?

Alternately, is it possible my chest filled out but I'm too fat to see it? Let's say 18 percent body fat to be safe, maybe lower.
>>
I have really tight ankles and it's affecting my squat form. What mobility exercises for ankles have you guys found the most effective?
>>
>>36774426
The best stretch for the squat is squatting.
>>
Will having PE throw off the online body fat calculators?
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 750x1334
I have a little chin fat and no abs but I'm still pretty skinny. Do my hands being veiny mean I have low bf%?
>>
>>36774463
It means you have low hand fat percentage.
>>
>>36774426
The Olympic Squat Shoes stretch
>>
>>36771784
Cleanbnn your ass in the shower, and wipe it with a towel. Also bath your ass in camomile tea. That's what a doctor recommended me apart from pills and all that stuff.
>>
>>36774438
Not unless it asks for a chest measurement. If it does, find another one. Or just use a mirror.
>>
>>36771784
Aside what others have said avoid sitting whenever possible. Standing desk, etc. that helped me a lot cuz I was sitting all the time at school or at desk which aggravated them. Being hygienic will help prevent them from getting infected/worse
Prep H, not vaseline if they irritate you
Try to use body powder in your crack and gooch to keep the area dry
>>
My gym got a smith machine a few days ago, and the rail is slanted a few degrees.

Is that normal?
My old gym had one with vertical rails.

Seems odd to me.
>>
I've decided to add dead hangs to my routine to work on my grip strength and forearms in general.

When I feel like I'm about to lose my grip I tried doing shrugs while I'm hanging, and to do as many as I could before I slip.

Feels good, but what muscles do these hanging shrugs work? Is it even worth doing?
>>
>>36773502
Fuck. I wanna drop my body fat, already cutting, trying to gym 4-5 times a week. Sticky says lifting helps burn a shitload of calories, but so does cardio. I'm conflicted.
>>
Total fat fucking loser here, I just want to lose weight right now and not really care too much about getting gains until I've lost a good few pounds. I understand it'll be a slow process, and am willing to commit once I make a plan.

Besides a healthy and balanced diet (which I'll figure out on my own), how do I cut the weight? Do I just need to run on a treadmill or is there another way to cut the pounds? I understand lifting can help but I want to start small, plenty of people lose weight by just jogging/running.
>>
>>36774769
READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>36774820
The sticky is broken.
>>
>>36774633
Hanging shrugs, flex hangs, and dead hangs, along with negatives and jumping chin-ups are how I went from 0 chins to 1. And once you can do one clean rep you're off to the races, because now you can progress like any other movement. Currently I do 5 sets of 6, trying to work towards 5 sets of 10.
>>
>>36774722
Don't listen to >>36773502 he's only telling the half-truth

Any faggot with no muscle mass can make noob gains on SS. Lifting 3x a week will burn calories. You will plateau early, but that's just how it is. At the very least you'll be losing weight and maintaining some strength.
>>
>>36774827
So it is. You're off the hook this time.

>Besides a healthy and balanced diet (which I'll figure out on my own)
You're ignoring LITERALLY the only thing that matter when it comes to managing weight. Eating at a deficit is the only way to lose weight. Period. No exceptions. Whether that deficit is due to exercise or just fixing your diet.

>Do I just need to run on a treadmill
treadmills are a waste of money, just use your own damn legs and jog

> plenty of people lose weight by just jogging/running.
No, they lose weight by eating right. Jogging is just part of it. Even if they were to eat at maintenance and jog, they'd be losing less than a half-pound per week, which is shit weight loss.
>>
>>36774827
Take this sticky instead https://7chan.org/fit/res/2038.html
>>
who here wears swishy pants, most comfy workout pants ever
>>
I asked about targeting lower abs in the last thread, someone said leg raises. don't leg raises target obliques too? I can't have them get any bigger, looks disproportionate as fuck already.
>>
>>36774951
They still make those?
Time to relive the god damned 90's, I'm off to Amazon.
>>
>>36774225
eating more carbs or dairy than usual?
>>
>>36774993
They do! super cheap off ebay / amazon / thrift stores. You can roII them up easier too if you need to cooI down. Only thing I wear. I have too many
>>
Doing 30mg/200mg EC stack * 3/day. Will I get a tolerance to anything? Plan on doing it for four weeks?
>>
>>36775048
I haven't really had milk in the past few years, but the past week I started putting a cup or two in my protein shakes.

Did my guts forget how to digest milk?
>>
>>36775050
When I was a kid I had a pair that unzipped at the knees, so they turned into shorts.

I thought I was such a fucking badass cuz I had them half unzipped all the time.
>>
>>36775084
might be the milk

might be the protein powder
If so, use a higher quality protein powder. Consume your protein powder with meals. Replace some of the protein powder with real food.
>>
>>36775088
I had a pair like that, lost one pant leg so my mom pitched them. Probably why I buy them so much now

swish swish on buddy
>>
What does /fit/ think of reverse pyramid training?
>>
Those bitches on /r/powerlifting and /r/fitness made fun of me for asking about Starting Strength/Practical Programming by Mark Rippetoe.

What's the deal? The sticky here makes it sound like an excellent program for novices/intermediates.
>>
File: 1450622236639.webm (3 MB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
1450622236639.webm
3 MB, 640x356
Long story...

>Be me, a year ago
>Pretty average looking
>Get horny and text a chick I've known since highschool and want to fuck
>She's got a boyfriend but she was keen
>Only texted her because nofap, 5 days in before she come over
>She comes over and we work up to where she's sucking my dick
>Notice pain as she's attempting to expose head
>Had no fucking clue to that day that foreskin was supposed to go down from head (Fuck you cutfags)
>In pain, continue anyway, blood starts swelling up my head to inhuman levels
>She powers through the 17 years of rancid cum and piss that had been trapped there
>Get to sex eventually, even worse than head
>Was doing missionary for 5 seconds, she switches to start riding me
>As she does I pull out and readjust because of the pain, pull foreskin back up thinking why the fuck did it go down
>Lose erection
>She goes home, wants to try again in like 2 days
>Google why my dick hurts, discover I've got phimosis
>kill me.jpg
>Can't get it 100% hard for her, can't come from head either because to much pain
>Basically helmet is at like 1.5x normal size, rest of penis is like 0.5, looks so retarded
>I tell her I've got phimosis and what it is, she says she wants me to fix it and then we can do it for real
>While fixing it she fucks my mate, (original bf still doesn't know) I told no one about it
>Eventually fix dick but end up masturbating a shit tonne because of new found sensitivity and constant contact with my F spot while fixing phimosis
>Never talk to her again because don't like being cucked
>Hate self, plus parents and sex ed for never telling me about this shit, took 3 months to fix and then couldn't get hard because way to much porn / death grip
>Fast forward to today, jerking off
>Measured length ofc but never girth
>tfw 5.5 inch length and heavy curve :(
>Measure girth today 1min after cumming, 5.5 inches

What an emotional roller coaster

Anyway, What are the dimensions for decent penis size?

Webm unrelated
>>
>>36775118
Link thread
>>
>>36775121
>hookup fucking other people
>cucked
That's not how that shit works faggot.

If you're not in a relationship there's no obligation to be exclusive.
You can fuck whoever, she can fuck whoever.
If you want a bitch to be yours and only yours you need to date the bitch.
>>
>>36775118
Dunno. Those are shitholes just like this one. It looks like the very first program described in the r/fitness wiki is SS so idk. SS is an excellent novice program.
>>
>>36775118

Powerlifters tend not to like the program, at least not as an intro to powerlifting. They have their reasons for it (basically its not intended for that and tends to focus on short term gains over setting you up for longer term results).
>>
It's my rest day and I was suppose to go running but it's going to rain all day. Any good home workout routines?
>>
>>36775145
It's not so much that, I ran out of characters in that post, its just that if I had known about that for phimosis I could've fucked her and not have been "cucked." I was pissed at my self
>>
>>36775152
Edging is good cardio
>>
>>36775121
Also...

>tfw I'm still a fucking virgin after all that
>>
>>36774976
anyone?
>>
>>36774976
Post pics
>>
File: dyel.png (1011 KB, 800x809) Image search: [Google]
dyel.png
1011 KB, 800x809
>>36775214
my phone is broken, I'll have to borrow a cam later today and provide a current pic, this is from before my cut, lost a decent amount of fat already from that
>>
>>36774923
>Eating at a deficit is the only way to lose weight. Period. No exceptions.
I meant in my first post that I didn't need help figuring out my diet, not that I wasn't going to do it in tandem with my own exercise. I already know I should be counting calories and cutting out junk food entirely.
>just use your own damn legs and jog
I want to start out with the machines at the gym because they'd be easier on me (being the fucking fat fucking fuck that I am) so I can pace myself and build up to running 5k. I can just as easily walk/jog outside too, I suppose. Saves me gym membership money.
>No, they lose weight by eating right. Jogging is just part of it.
Like I said above, I definitely plan to try and count my calories from now on. Thanks for the advice.

>>36774929
Oh good, I'll use this.
Why is /fit/'s sticky broken anyway?
>>
I'm cutting and I eat jam sandwiches. Am I gonna make it?
>>
What's a good high-calorie meal for breakfast? My breakfast numbers always say behind my other meals
>>
What's /fit/'s consensus on ICF 5x5?
>>
>>36775329
imo ICF has much more volume than necessary and the selection of supplemental exercises is poor for a beginner. i don't consider it to be an improvement to SL 5x5.

having so many different exercises dilutes the focus on the core lifts. in my eyes, someone learning to bench should use 1 bench grip and learn it well, rather than have that sometimes and close grip other times (i apply the same argument for highbar vs lowbar). i think the tricep extensions and curls are just to appease the masses and make the program more popular. 5x5 rows every workout is excessive. shrugs aren't a terrible choice, but deads do just fine for trap development and the deads+rows should develop grip strength plenty. i think the core's main purpose is to support and stabilize the spine, so training it to flex and extend with shit like cable crunches is shitty, especially for someone who hasn't learned to properly brace yet - if blaha likes the spine to extend with hypers i think it's a poor choice, but if he means a hip-hinged back raise then i think it would be great for beginners.

icf takes much longer than something like SS/SL and gym time when you're starting out shouldn't be that long. gym time can be uncomfortable at first and 2h sessions is a burden in terms of time commitment.

all that said though, i do think the program would be very effective for a beginner. it's not something i'd direct people to though.
>>
>>36773644
I did them once when I over trained and I was still able to train without fucking anything up and keeping my gains. Low volume, high intensity. Has its pros and cons but I wouldn't necessarily say its better than other workouts
>>
I want to workout 5x a week and sleep enough to get through the day.
My problem is, that I need to study 6-8h a day and take up a part time job.
Where do I get the sleep?
How do I make it work?
>>
>>36775622
6h sleep is completely doable. there's no 'how do i make it work' you just schedule as best you can then fucking do it.

back when i was working full time and going to school full time with a commute, i got 8h sleep a night. lifting improved my sleep quality tremendously, and my solid sleep let me tear through the tasks for the day. i made no time for social shit except for saturday mornings. neglected the gf. did all of my cooking in bulk on my lighter days. did as many assignments ahead of time as possible. studied/did other assignments while sitting in slow-paced lectures and between classes.

your time and energy are limited resources but there's a decent amount of each every single day. use them intelligently.
>>
my biceps are acheing,

iv only been doing squaqts, deads and bench press, mon wed and fri

i just started working oul ,like a week and a half in,
>>
I'm doing SL 5X5 and I have some suspicions about my rows form. Is there a different exercise I could do to do alongside rows in order to make sure my back isn't completely lagging behind the rest of my body?
>>
What do girls enjoy the most when kissing?

>inb4 back to r9k/adv
>>
>>36775806
deads & variations
row variations
chins/pullups
>>
>>36775812
Use your hands while kissing to feel body parts that are not the ass/pussy (unless you know each other well, im assuming first kiss). Be active and not passive with your lips/tongue. Move from her lips to neck eventually.

Also, watch youtube videos on kissing, maybe?
>>
>>36775772
6 hours?
Do I just get used to it?
Sounds detrimental to health.
I do not intend to have a nightlife anyway, since I need to relax from the college stress and keep up my schedule.
I remember waking up with 7h sleep and then dozing off again and again, losing more time.
How do I combat this then?
I also wish to stop using caffeine and become less dependant on it.
Sadly I an aware of the withdrawal symptoms: being more tired and a huge catch up on sleep.

How do I work on it?
Sleep off on weekend?
>>
Is an appreciable amount of fat lost from meat during cooking; slowcooking in particular?

I like to eat grassfed beef but as a poorfag I go for the cheapest cut which is short ribs.There is a lot of fat on them, but after slowcooking there is a lot of liquid fat that has rendered from the ribs, although the meat itself is still quite juicy.

Will this rendered fat pose a signifcant loss of caloric value from the meat?
>>
>>36775929
Yes, the fat that renders out will be in the liquid. You could drink it or make a sauce with it instead of skimming if you really want those cals. I'm in the camp that believes it to be unhealthy though especially for low quality meat.
>>
>>36775959
Thank you, family. So should I deduct the fat cals from the nutritional info for short ribs that I find online to get a more accurate cal count?
>>
File: butt routine.jpg (204 KB, 875x650) Image search: [Google]
butt routine.jpg
204 KB, 875x650
hey friends. i really would like a better butt and better legs and all that. unfortunately i had a very serious back injury in which 4 of my lower vertebrae were crushed in the summer of last year, so i can't really do any lifting and i'm just barely able to start running again but i can barely go a mile anymore. i have basically gone 8 or 9 months with minimal physical exertion.

is there any kind of body weight routine i can do that will kind of substitute pic related with less profound results? i need somewhere to start until i get my back back to full strength.
>>
>>36776018
No I'd suggest you use whatever you find online as a best estimate. Despite outside layers of fat rendering out, short ribs and other meats will still be very fat-rich.
>>
>>36776019
First letter of name?
>>
>>36776019
I'm sorry to hear that you've suffered such a debilitating injury and I hope the process of building yourself back up goes smoothly for you. Given the severity of your previous injury, I'd suggest you work closely with a physical therapist who works with athletes to figure out what's reasonable for you and get you on track.

As much as I'd like to dump my own ideas on what lifting would be best for your situation, it isn't something that I'd suggest you take from an online imageboard. Even body weight exercises have the potential to worsen your lumbar condition. Please be safe I hope your road to a bubble butt is fruitful, anon.
>>
>>36776052
Thanks man, may have to reconsider my protons then.
>>
>>36775481
So I shoud continue with this then? It seems very high intensity, but people I know have followed it and achieved results.
>>
>>36776087
if you're asking this, you probably already know. don't be stupid.

>>36776092
i worked with a physical therapist for about two months after getting out of the hospital. we mostly worked with a step ladder and keeping my back straight while doing various things. after that they told me to try not to stress it out and not lift anything over 10 pounds or bend too much.

as of right now i can't afford to see one. what would you suggest?
>>
>>36776140
>after that they told me to try not to stress it out and not lift anything over 10 pounds or bend too much.
Physio student here. This sounds borderline retarded and I would never ever give this "advice" no matter how grave the circumstances.
Telling patients (that's you) this kind of crap is considered very poor practice. It hinders recovery in many ways and causes people to become fearful of movement, which can lead to a host of problems such as Central Sensitization and weight gain (with all the shit that comes along).
>>
>>36776181
so if i am able to withstand the shock traveling up through my legs to my lower back from running and it doesn't really hurt anymore, would you say i am ready for body weight squats and other body weight exercises? my butt is laughable and i really want it to be better but i am terrified for fucking up all the metal in my back by doing something i am not ready for.
>>
>>36776140
>working with a physical therapist
I know that feel, but not nearly as bad as you
Busted my knee and couldn't squat or anything strenuous for 6 months
>>
>>36776198
The FACT is that the forces that act on your body when you run (impact) are much greater than what you experience when you lift weights.
That said, I can't very well tell you what to do without seeing you. You should get a second opinion. But the bottomline is that completely resting is NEVER the answer.
>>
>>36776208
>Busted my knee
How?
>>
>>36776215
okay well, assuming i'm not able to see another professional, what would you recommend? hip abductions would be fine right because i can do them essentially laying down with my back completely straight right?
>>
>>36776140
>they told me to try not to stress it out and not lift anything over 10 pounds or bend too much.
This is just a way for the PT to not take any responsibility for any future injury that you have. People have fantastic recoveries from their injuries and though I don't want to get your hopes up, thinking that you're forever crippled is likely both wrong and a shitty way to lead your life.

>as of right now i can't afford to see one. what would you suggest?
Ah, shit. I'd give you cookie cutter advice that might be ok but might make your situation horribly worse. I have friends who've herniated discs and the general advice seems to be to go very light, do plenty of reps, and slowly increase weight. I'd spend a lot more attention warming up your back before doing any load-bearing exercises too. Barbells are pretty based so I find it difficult to recommend bodyweight stuff as anything beyond a starting point.

That butt routine is awful by the way - looks like someone just slapped together every exercise they could find that might help. Is there any reason why you'd shy away from a full body routine as opposed to just leg/butt?
>>
>>36776245
lets just say i am not a guy and i am pleased with my body other than my butt/hips which i would like to be fuller and nicer ;)))
>>
>>36775233
Not him but do some flutter kicks. I'm just an amateur calisthenicfag but these always get my bottom 2 or 4 abs really burning
>>
>try getting All Stars instead of running shoes for my lifting
>shopkeeper essentially turns me away for having feet wider than his stock can handle
What company makes suitable shoes for lifting that come in wider sizes? I usually go about 11-12.5, closer to 11 if it's an actual wide size.
Not looking for anything fancy, just something that would work well under the bar without getting me thrown out of the gym for wearing work boots.
>>
So currently my maximum weight was 89 kg / 196 lbs with a height of 170 cm / 5'7". Was I to overweight to ever get abs or is it still possible?
>>
I'm looking for a video where they interview some guy/lifter/bodybuilder with serious retardation induced by substance abuse.
I saw it before but can't find it anymore. The reporter basically talks to him while he puts in scoops of something and tells them he fucked himself up genuinely by taking all kinds of anabolica and what not.
He can't talk like a normal person anymore, probalby because some nerve damage but still he can't stop to do what he does and continues lifting and juicing.

Anybody got the link or even knows what I'm talking about?
>>
>>36776225
>i'm not able to see another professional, what would you recommend?
I simply cannot recommend anything without seeing you in person, sorry.
>>
>>36776301
people go from obese to cut. be lean and you'll get abs.

in case in misinterpreted your question, you probably can't be at that height/weight with abs without amazing genetics and drugs.
>>
>>36775233
another question: what targets obliques? I really want them to stop being big.
>>
File: Push_Up.jpg (24 KB, 483x350) Image search: [Google]
Push_Up.jpg
24 KB, 483x350
>>36776338
Thanks.
>>
>>36776221
Running
>>
>>36775888
You're not gonna get off caffeine while still in college, get used to it. You can sleep 6h a day for a long period of time without damaging your health and killing your gains. Yes you will feel more tired during the day but oh well, thats what coffee and preworkout boosters are for.
>>
File: IMAG0012.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0012.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
>>36776371
Pic schematically shows your oblique muscles, you have 2 different ones an external and an internal one. Now as you can see both go diagonally across the stomach. The external oblique on the left side, ends where the internal oblique on the right side starts, so they form a functional unit. Imagine it as one big rope running from your top left stomach to your bottom right stomach. Every time you do a motion that would make the rope shorter, you're training obliques. Now thats basically every time you do anything with your stomach. Especially though if you bring the top left of your stomach closer to the bottom right of your stomach and vice versa. So particularly, but not limited to anything involving turning. Problem is if you take that out you wont be using your tranversal abdominal muscles.
>>
I'm getting enough calories and protein per day but my breakfasts are often very lacking (some toast and a glass of milk) Maybe get to 400-500kcals and then I have lunch quite early.

Is this going to be harmful. Should I try to eat more in the morning and spread out my meals more?
>>
Can anyone provide a link to that study that showed that basically 100% of people who can't lose weight by counting calories were lying about their calorie intake?
>>
Butt wink. I try not to have butt wink even though I've heard a little is ok. What do you guys think?

I plan on stretching my hamstrings until I'm able to go lower. I don't want to make a habit of tucking my butt just to go lower or below parallel.
>>
>>36776976
fuck. why is there this huge difference in size on me then? I never target abs, only do compounds for core, never any turning.

thanks for the explanation, very comprehensive.
>>
>>36777110
Meal timing/frequency don't matter very much. Keep doing what you're doing if you're happy with your progress.
>>
Is spot reduction entirely a myth?
Is there any possible way to reduce one part of your body/make it tighter at all?
I'm down 83 lbs (297 to 214, US size 12, 5'6") and I feel great, my curves are emerging in all the right places, but they're a little _too_ curvy for my comfort. My hips and ass are huge compared to my chest/stomach, I'm a pear shape to the max. And I'm having a really hard time finding pants that fit my thighs and hips without them being stretch, sweat, or yoga pants.
After a few weeks, those lose elasticity in the hips and I can't wear them anymore.
Is there any way to do more/less squats to make my ass fit in a pair of jeans/pencil skirt/short dress or should I just give up and start buying sweatpants from now on?
> ; _; I lost weight to dress like a qt3.14 and clothes still dont fit right
>>
>>36777150
No problem dude.
I've never really seen anyone with abnormally disproportionate stomach muscles, cause its hard to train them specifically and not as a whole, so i don't really know. Maybe target abs as a whole and see if it evens out? My thesis is this: if you have part of your stomach thats underdeveloped and part thats overdeveloped training the abs as a whole would put more strain on the underdeveloped parts, thus training these more. The overdeveloped parts would not be strained as much, and you'd train them less. Over the course of time it would maybe even itself out?
>>
>>36777131
A little is fine. Keep squatting heavy. Stretching is great don't limit yourself to just hamstrings.

>>36777150
Genetics.

There isn't much you can do about it if compounds are the only way you stimulate your obliques. Anon didn't describe this, but there's a huge splashover effect when it comes to muscles. If you're contracting a nearby or group that's tied to the main group you're hitting, those muscles will receive a stimulus too. You could try and bring up lagging parts to a get look you'd be more pleased with but I think it's time to consider oblique acceptance.

>>36777213
>Is spot reduction entirely a myth?
Yep. There are fashionable pear-shaped humans in the world. There's no need to limit yourself to sweats.
>>
>>36777254
I'm aware, but I literally have the 'butt cleavage' problem when trying to pull on a pair of pants most of the time these days unless they're 'stretch' pants, ie. my ass won't actually go _into_ the pants and instead sits over the brim while I try to jump and wiggle it in. The thighs will usually fit, and a size up is too loose. ): It's just really frustrating and I've resorted to mostly loose dresses now
>>
File: 1408115347327.jpg (20 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1408115347327.jpg
20 KB, 211x246
how much weight fluctiation is there actually?
Mine never fluctuates, im cutting atm and ive been at exactly 70.2kg for a week now. Every day.
At some point im gonna drop .5-1kg and stay exactly there for another week or 2. Thats how its been most of the time.
>>
>>36777238
I know the pic in >>36775233 is shit, I'll try getting a better one later today, but am I wrong in saying that they are disproportionately big?
>>
>>36777285
Do you have a normal body shape? If you don't, why are you shopping where everyone else does and expecting things to work for you straight off the rack?

Places that offer other sizings are common but I'm not sure how big the pear market is. Tailors are invaluable.

>>36777314
Congrats, you are very consistent. Tracking things will be easier and more meaningful for you. Hydration/salt and whether someone's evacuated/fed make a big difference. My weight in the mornings after peeing is my most stable but still varies by up to 2kg (80kg bw).

>>36777339
They're beautiful, anon.
>>
Will my bench improve faster, if i do some pushups at home every day multiple times a day?
Im at 55kg bench and can do around 15 pushups.
Progress is really slow on my bench, especially now that i started cutting.
>>
Did anyone notice an increase in the amount of hours you sleep after a long time of taking weight training seriously?

Before I used to sleep a happy natural at 6 hours a night. After about 1+year of training (1/2/3/4 at Madcows atm) a really heavy day can smash me and I can end up sleeping naturally 8-9hours.)

I set my alarm to prevent me from wasting so many hours but I ache if I don't achieve this. I always wake up feeling refreshed sleeping this long so I doubt I'm oversleeping.

I doubt there'll be any conclusive evidence posted on this subject but I'm just wondering anons if you experienced the same thing.
>>
>>36771632
>When I first started working out

You got more glycogen in your muscle and newbie gains. Congrats. Do you think your muscles understand sets and reps, or time under tension and volume? You did more volume, you saw bigger progress. Stick to a program. Arnold made one, and it wasn't arbitrary.
>>
>>36777339
I dont think they're that big. I think it just looks that way cause you have more fat on the bottom right and left on your stomach than right below your chest/over your rips
>>
>>36777387
Yes I need more sleep when I am lifting. My sleep quality seems to be way better too (deeper & more rejuvenating).

I take my sleep needs seriously and wake up undisturbed/fully rested without an alarm, though I still use one as a safety net in case I nap. I generally feel and perform best this way, both mentally and physically.
>>
File: pears everywhere.jpg (177 KB, 1051x955) Image search: [Google]
pears everywhere.jpg
177 KB, 1051x955
>>36777369
Like I said before, it's pretty pear shaped.
Picture for reference, it's about 2 months and 15 lbs ago but it's still pretty similar - I've just gotten a tiny bit slimmer in the waist.
>>
File: 1455942100296.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1455942100296.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
>>36770664
Recently got a gf, very early in to the relo havent fooked yet (btw shes mirin my gains hard thanks guys)

She sucked my peepee today for the first time (her first time ever sucking a dick) and i was extremely impressed with the fact that she wanted me to cum in her mouth and she swallowed it all without hesitation.

Did I struck gold or does every girl do this because I am thoroughly impressed.
>>
>>36777485
>first time
>without hesitation
oh u
>>
File: 2016-04-14 09.55.06.jpg (384 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-14 09.55.06.jpg
384 KB, 800x1200
Am I supposed to feel sore the next day after woking out?
>>
>>36774722
Pick one or the other. If you're fat already (above 18% bf), cut. If you're not fat, bulk. Read the sticky.

>>36774858
>half truths
Eat shit. I told him he could do it, but not for very long. SS is not a cutting program. You will burn out fast.
>>
>>36777505
I understand, but its the truth. She had really ameteur dick sucking form and she couldnt even kiss for shit when we first met. Practically everything she does with me is a first time. Pls answer my question though.
>>
>>36777517
no
>>
>>36777517
If you're training something in a way that you're not used to, yes. I train fullbody with high frequency and do not get DOMS.
>>
>>36777552
How do I fix this?
>>
>>36777517
not if you consistently work out. If it's one of your first 4-5 workouts, then yes.
>>
>>36777387
yes absolutely. I need to sleep a lot more when lifting too; and my sleep reqs get higher the harder I go.

Also, if I don't sleep for a tleast 8 hours, my shit gets all fucked up.
>>
>>36777375
Benching responds very well to increasing volume, so yes. But since you are going to gym anyway, why not just add an extra volume day for your chest instead of doing pushups?
>>
Is it okay to skip just one workout on SS if I have bad back pain after shit form squats? I'm probably gonna reset and fix my form.
>>
>>36777597
yeah, you don't want to be taking any unnecessary risks.

Why are you pussying out aready tho? If this happened to me, I'd still go, get my other exercises done and switch to leg press instead of squats for a session/week/however long is needed for recovery.
>>
ive failed my ohp the last 2 times
5/4/3/3/3
5/4/5/5/3
should i lower the weight and build back up or continue failing till i succeed?
>>
>>36777597

'Bad back pain' after squats means an injury is well on its way.

Stop squatting heavy but continue your other lifts. Figure out what's going on with your squats (are you recording yourself?), get more mobile and learn to breathe & brace, and squat from scratch. Do not put heavy weight back on fast. When it gets too heavy for your new and perfect form, you'll naturally revert to where you're strongest. Resist that inclination and build slowly.
>>
>>36777736

From an earlier post >>36770904
>If you fail it twice, deload. I'd recommend up to 20% depending on where your lifts are at. Focus on getting higher quality reps (crisper, more explosive, zero form breakdown) especially when the weight is more manageable.
>When building strength, I'd say it's usually best to choose a conservative weight that you know that you can get rather than something you might miss. Failing fucks progression & recovery
>>
After cardio, I sometimes get the feeling like a pine needle is poking my calves/hamstrings. Are these just mini-cramps or something worse?
>>
>>36777763
Nice palindrome
>>
File: batemanintensifies.jpg (11 KB, 394x295) Image search: [Google]
batemanintensifies.jpg
11 KB, 394x295
>>36777763
very nice
>>
File: zdyiXrm[1].png (38 KB, 940x875) Image search: [Google]
zdyiXrm[1].png
38 KB, 940x875
Will I look nice with these stats if I cut to 175lbs?

I'm currently 6'0'' 205lbs.
>>
>>36777769
calf cancer, quite likely.
>>
How to squat highbar with bony shoulders? I place it on top of the scapula like everyone says but it still but the bar hurts like hell on top of the shoulder bone.
>>
As a newbie gym-goer who goes alone, how do I go about the bench press? Do I just go for it alone or should I pester some random person to spot me every time? Wouldn't that get annoying to people?
>>
I never do OHP because it feels off to me. I do some cable stuff and lateral and front raises instead. Is there another good compound shoulder exersice recommendation to replace OHP with?

Also I have a hard time benching free weights on flat bench. Incline feels fine.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 286x176
How do I stop breathing with my mouth open?

Also, what are the benefits of doing so?
>>
File: ilya confused.png (190 KB, 396x473) Image search: [Google]
ilya confused.png
190 KB, 396x473
Do deadlifts work your entire back or only your traps?
>>
>>36777971
try db OHP
despite what the rippetoe memers on here say it's arguably a better exercise anyway. And incline bench + dips + weighted pushups + flyes should actually develop chest better than bench press.
>>
>>36778075
entire back
a LOT of people with amazing physiques (arnold, zyzz, my man vitruvian physique) have said that deadlifts are the number one exercise for back development
>>
>>36777485
Depends on the girl. My ex didn't wanna swallow at first but let me finish in her mouth. Then after a while of me saying "you might as well swallow it if you have it in your mouth" she started doing that. Current girlfriend doesn't even let me finish in her mouth cause its nasty. So one could get say that you got lucky. But then again there's better qualities in a girl than her swallowing. Like I'd rather have a good bj and not be allowed to finish in her mouth than have a bad one and be finish there. So off topic though
>>
File: mouth breathing.jpg (72 KB, 400x506) Image search: [Google]
mouth breathing.jpg
72 KB, 400x506
>>36777954
Get bigger traps.
>>36777968
As newbie you won't be using big weights so you can always do the roll of shame if you hit failure. But most people won't mind spotting you during their rest.
>>36778029
Lips together, teeth together, tongue on the roof your mouth. Learn to hold this position.

It helps with jaw develoment, keeping teeth and nose straight and raises HGH.
>>
>>36778029
Step 1) close your fucking mouth
Step 2) breathe through your nose instead

Why do these?
Benefit 1 - 1000) You won't look like a slack-jawed retard
>>
>>36778134
I have pretty small nostrils so sometimes i have to breath through my mouth. I'm guessing this is why 99% of people breath through their mouth.
>>
I currently only have a bench and barbell that can go up to 56 kg ( 123 lbs~)
I'm still a novice so it's not a problem yet for my OHP (38) and bench (48) .
But the problem is that I'm only squatting 40 because I don't really feel safe overhead pressing the bar and then putting it on my shoulders , and my dead-lift is maxed at 56 kg , i'll invest in more plate for my deadlift but I won't be able to get a squat rack anytime soon , is there any good exercise that work well with lower weight compared to the other ( like the overhead press for example ) but for the leg ?
>>
>>36778186
The reasons you have small nostrils is because you probably mouth breathed as a kid.
>>
Ok I'm cutting and I got my calorie limit when I was fairly active but now I mostly sit around on the computer. Should I change my limit? I'm pretty sure I'm still losing weight and usually leave 200+calories left.

Or should I just cut more so I can get my swimmer body for summer.

I do plan on hitting the gym and stuff but I do have days where all I do is sit at the computer so I want to make sure I still lose weight.

6'2" at 1900cal a day but usually eat 1700 or less.
>>
File: fat-cat-gMHtT4H.jpg (311 KB, 897x1200) Image search: [Google]
fat-cat-gMHtT4H.jpg
311 KB, 897x1200
>Trying to lose weight
>Been trying since Feb
>Eating clean and working out
>Drinking 5 litres of water a day
>Now middle of April
>Haven't lost a single pound
>Still fat
The fuck is wrong with me? I've been eating at a deficit for months and nothing is happening.
>>
should I train abs/calves everyday?
>>
I've lost 2-3 lbs in the past month or so and have dropped an inch in my waist (skinnyfat from 34 to 33.) I take it I'm losing weight slowly due to gaining muscle also?
>>
>>36778370
you probably aren't actually eating at a deficit. Try eating even less and seeing what happens
>>
>>36778212
If I start breathing with my nose now, will my nostrils grow? Is there an age limit on when they simply wont expand?
>>
>>36778404
>you probably aren't actually eating at a deficit.
I'm eat 1400cals a day...
>>
>>36778370

I call bullshit.

I lost 110 pounds in 6 months by eating clean and lifting weights + cardio

READ the sticky. Stop eating hamburgers and start eating lean meats
>>
>>36778384
Do 4 exercises of abs a week. So if you go to the gym 4 times a week you can do one ab exercise every time you go, or 2 every other time you go. I personally prefer the latter. Calves once a week, doesn't necessarily need to be on leg day

>>36778394
Yes, likely possible. Muscle weighs way more than fat. For example I had to stop lifting for a bit cause of an injury once, stayed exactly the same weight. Muscle just slowly turned into fat. Remember, the scale says one thing, the mirror another.
>>
I want to lose weight for summer, but I don't like tracking every calorie/macro I consume. What I've started doing is just eating less so I basically go the whole day a little hungry, is this a viable method for losing weight?

188 at ~95kg here, not really fat but not really fit either D:
>>
>>36778546
Depends on how well you know yourself and how well you eat. I can easily go a whole day being a little hungry and still eat 3000 calories. In my opinion it's therefore not really a good strategy.
If you don't like counting calories and macros everyday just eat the same thing every day. Simple as that. No need to break your head over what you're gonna cook tonight etc. Shopping goes really quick cause you know where all your foods are.
>>
My butt wink is just about as bad as this guy's, will this fuck up my back when the weight gets heavy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu7GkElUryw
>>
>>36772086
But like the product itself. Can it be bad for you
>>
>>36778546
in theory it should work of course. But i would just check out your most common foods and see how much calories they are. Makes estimating a whole lot easier and youll probably realize that counting calories is not work or annoying or time consuming at all.
>>
>>36778612
That's excactly my problem. More often than not I eat dinner at my qt3.14 asian gf's place, where I have no idea what's served (the side dishes at least), and I don't really want to probe into each and every meal asking how much of this and how much of that is in the food.

Tl;dr waaaaah I get served delicious food by my in-laws.
>>
>>36778805
Portion control then

And you don't eat there 24/7 right. So count calories you can like when you fix yourself food at home
>>
I've only been lifting for a few months, but haven't really followed some sort of program. What's a good hypertrophy workout?
>>
I have to skip a workout day.

I go Mon, Wed, Fri and I won't be able to Friday. Should I do all the exercises I missed on Fri but on Monday? Or just carry on as if i hadn't missed anything?

It's not possible to go on Sat or Sun
>>
File: 20160414_113025-1.jpg (621 KB, 1656x3019) Image search: [Google]
20160414_113025-1.jpg
621 KB, 1656x3019
Trying to cut and doing calisthenics.

Is it even worth trying or am I really beyond salvaging?
>>
File: skin.png (36 KB, 2084x1190) Image search: [Google]
skin.png
36 KB, 2084x1190
I'm currently cutting, and wanted an opinion on if I am cutting too fast or not. I measured myself each morning after waking, and after going to the toilet to ensure accurate readings.

The 5 days when it didn't change at all as because I wasn't eating low enough. I still find it amusing that it was always the same to 100g each day.

pic related is the cut in question.

It starts on the day I started cutting, ~4 weeks ago
>>
>>36779022
god damnit i see this type of shit everyday
why are you cutting? theres no fucking muscle under your fat
>>
On 5/3/1, what's the superior bench accessory?
Flat "bodybuilder" bench press, or incline bench press?
>>
Is yohombine worth it?

If so, how can I work it into my schedule? I work full time and exercise 4 days a week. I do HIIT twice a week but I know you're not supposed to do high intensity shit like that in yohombine.

Should I get up, take it, run/jog, then go into work? How long should you go for to get maximum returns?
>>
>>36778970
i would go mon, wed, thurs or mon, tues, thurs if you cant do fri. Then next week continue normally. If you cant go thursday either do whatever youre supposed to do fri next mon then continue with it shifted

>>36779107
depends, how tall are you, how much weight are you looking to lose? Did you take creatine before i.e. do you have water retained? Did you work out before cutting? How much deficit? If you have muscle under the fat you may not want to have too big of a deficit, or you risk losing excess muscle.
>>
>>36779348
I'm 5'11 (181cm), I stopped taking creatine when I started cutting. I've been working out for ~6 months. Around 500-600 deficit. I started cutting because I wanted to make sure I had a good bf % for summer, but I think I got ahead of myself.
>>
>>36779129
I mean I need to do both, so I'm losing the extra lbs before I start really building muscle
>>
File: 20160328_195413.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160328_195413.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>36778612
I am literally considering eating the same thing everyday. Two reasons 1) I cook well and love chicken and salmon 2) I'm sick of trying to figure out what to make everyday 3) I can make an extra serving and take it the next day for lunch

Downside I live with SO and I'm not sure they'd be okay eating the same thing for dinner every night. Dinner is really all I have to worry about, so I think I'm just gonna trade off chicken, shrimp, and salmon or trout with a vegetable and see if they don't notice. If they don't like it they can starve I suppose.

Not really a question, but looking for easy complex carbohydrate sides for dinner that won't get too boring too quick. Also a complex carb for breakfast that won't make me tired. Right now my dinner sides are just sweet potato or quinoa salad.
>>
Is swoleness a thing into which a man is born, ordained even before he so much as gazes upon a weight? Is it something he achieves? Or is it, rather, that swoleness is thrust upon him?
>>
>>36779441
Or am I missing something? Does it really matter what I do first?
>>
>>36779454
Skinnyfats who cut become Hungry Skeletons.
Skinnyfats who bulk become Strongfats.
Most people on /fit/ agree that Strongfat > Hungry Skeleton.

Also, strongmen and powerlifters get a real bee in their bonnet over people who are afraid of getting fat in the quest to getting strong, since it WILL happen unless you're super meticulously autistic about your intake.
Nothing wrong with getting big and strong though.
>>
What is the ideal weight for a 6" or 6"1 guy? Wondering when I should start bulking and lifting. I've been cutting and doing cardio for a few months now
>>
My bench is lagging behind slightly according to Symmetric Strength. Should I just do chest for a session or two?
>>
>>36779496
>Nothing wrong with getting big and strong though.
Nah man thats the end goal, I'm trying to build some muscle while I'm cutting and when I'm done cutting I'm gonna focus in an packing muscle.

I'm hoping to build some strength and endurance so when it comes time to really bulk I have something to work off of.
>>
>>36779640
On packing muscle*
I could also just be showing off my ignorancr here
>>
How legit is

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

How much +/- do you think my real TDEE could vary from the calculation it made (around 2700)?
>>
>>36775084
It's probably the milk. Congrats, you can't process lactose correctly.

If normal whey starts to give you gas, try a whey isolate, if you aren't already.
>>
>>36775233
Try stomach vacuums to tighten up the area?
>>
>>36775812
Ears nibbles and ass grabs breh.
>>
>>36776019
Glute bridges?
Donkey kicks?
Sorry to hear about the injury, that fucking blows.
>>
>>36779661
As long as you put minal/no activity its pretty accurate
>>
How do I become fat?
>>
>>36776296
>thrown out of the gym for wearing work boots
Go to a better gym.
Try to find a garage gym, or a more serious weight lifting gym, that still has the same treadmill from 8 years ago that the owner never replaces, but gets fixed 1-2 times a year.

There may be some oly shoes that have sizes that come in wide.
>>
>>36779441
Just lose about 5-10lbs, and gain it back while bulking on a novice program. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>36779453
You achieve it if you go to the gym and train properly.
It's thrust upon you if you have to work a job that requires manual labor.
>>
>>36779678
I have been doing them on and off, not a big change. I guess I'll have to keep cutting and see what happens.
>>
>>36779453
To know how swoleness becomes associated with someone we must first analyze the nature of it. Is swoleness something active or passive? Is this a matter by which physically gained, or rather a trait or characteristic added on to oneself? Where does swoleness come from and what purpose does it serve? Is swoleness the ability to do an act or an act of doing, or something that enables one to act? If we have the answer to these questions then, by induction, we will know how swoleness comes to be.
>>
>>36779837
Well that sucks.
Good luck breh.
>>
I had to take 2 weeks out of the gym due to illness.
How many gainz can I expect to have lost when I go back Monday?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.