[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>At the gym today >See fat, perma bulkers with their bellies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: REEE.png (91 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
REEE.png
91 KB, 500x422
>At the gym today
>See fat, perma bulkers with their bellies hanging out
>See more fat, stronkmen using terrible form and slamming the weights around
>Triggered
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>36755655
Saw some pajeet in my uni gym stretching on the decline bench. There's a calf machine behind it and he put his arms behind him and held onto the machine to try and stretch. All this while his shoes and his socks were off.
>>
File: Ree.jpg (119 KB, 800x764) Image search: [Google]
Ree.jpg
119 KB, 800x764
Explain to me why some guys only lift for strength and don't care about looks or aesthetics.

This has been triggering me lately because I'm one of the few aesthetic guys in a gym full of fat meat heads.
>>
>>36755915
just things fags will never understand senpai.
>>
>>36755915
Some people like 6 packs.
some people like 6pl8s.
looking good is fun.
getting stronger is fun.
some people like one over the other.
>>
>>36755915
As someone who trains for powerlifting exclusively, people that "don't care about looks or aesthetics" are 99% of the time just fatasses justifying why they are fat and look like shit.

If you are a normal healthy bodyweight and you do train for strength properly you will become somewhat aesthetic regardless. If you just be a fatass you will always be a fatass.
>>
>>36755981
Wait, are you saying building the muscle required to lift heavy gives the appearance of having muscle?

Don't you know that you have to train for either strength or hypertrophy and training for one will net you 0 of the other?
>>
Lifting for aesthetics is bullshit. Total waste of time after the first 6 months-1 year if you're not a roid monkey. I still wouldn't want to be a fat strongman because of the health problems that come with that weight but they deserve far more respect than some bodybuilders who let dumb sluts decide how they look.
>>
>at gym today
>finishing up with some preacher curls
>tons of other bros around me in free weight section
>bro comes up to me to ask for a spot
"S-sure anon, no problem"

Went back and proceeded to bust out a fucking epic set

No homo
>>
>>36756062
I would NEVER make such outlandish claims friend

You would have to be an idiot to think you can achieve hypertrophy and strength simultaneously
>>
>>36756090

lifting for sluts is shallow and dumb but i'm still more inclined to do that than to really give a shit about my health and well-being

not that that's not pathetic
>>
>>36756102
you spotted his curls?
>>
>>36756132
>the joke
>your reply
choose one
>>
>>36756170
I'm the guy that made the joke,and i'm pretty sure he got it......
>>
>>36756170
Yeah I think that went a bit over your head lad
>>
File: Jeff Seid.jpg (389 KB, 2048x1951) Image search: [Google]
Jeff Seid.jpg
389 KB, 2048x1951
It has to do with basic human instincts. Looking pretty is supposed to be the women's job. Men are supposed to be the providers.

This is why most guys only concern themselves with practical things like strength and don't think about having a pretty and aesthetic body like Jeff Seid or Zyzz.
>>
>>36756424
kekekekekek keep trying to convince yourself fatty

>being fat and lifting a heavy weight off the ground once is necessary for providing for your family
>>
File: 1441656218414.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1441656218414.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>36755655
>>
>>36755655

>tfw I'm stronger and probably leaner than OP

One of /plg/'s strongest trips is about 10% bf and lifts more than you ever will.
>>
>>36756424
A good provider wouldn't be a powerlifter, he would be a good combination of strong and fast. Being lean is concomitant with those.
>>
>>36756145
someone needed to spot him, that squating rack can be dangerous

nah senpai he was benching desu
>>
>>36756424
so you think if you offered all men an aesthetic physique without having to work for it, most wouldn't be interested?
>>
>mfw seeing these fat ass DYELs walking around the gym with invisible lat syndrome
>mfw they have the nerve to wear beaters in public, forcing people to look at his blubbling mess of a body
>mfw they tries to stare down people in the gym even though they haven't touched a barbell in their life
>>
>>36755964
you can literally do both at the same time if you just cut
>>
>>36755915

i'm a martial artist and powerlifting/oly lifting is way more important than looking good and being super slow.Also,looking good and doing strength training is not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>36755915

I'm a fat train wreck basically but there are 2 reasons for this.

Personally, I've had social success prior to lifting. I had a girlfriend already the day I started working out. Being lean is cool but you can also look like you lift being fat and their aren't many occasions where you go around showing off your abs either.

Second, I love to experiment. This goes out to many facets of my life, but especially to fitness. It's fun trying new strategies and foods in order to get stronger or acquire better stamina.

Getting lean is really easy on the other hand and a lot of people got it figured out.
>>
Oi, its called Greyskull Power Building. Pretty solid program, and will shut up all of you fags.
>>
>>36755915
Some people do things for themselves, as opposed to doing literally everything in your life for the benefit of women
>>
>>36756832

why does it bother you what people wear to the gym

I would wear the same thing if I was a skeleton, because im not insecure enough to care about what people think of my clothing, as long as I like it
>>
>>36755915
Lifting for looks and lifting for strike is the same fucking thing, literally no difference whatsoever.

The only difference is that one group that bothers to diet, and the other group doesn't.

Both groups get laid by hotties and maintain status among their peers, so I'd wager the group that puts in the least effort is the winner.
>>
>>36757171
>he wears basketballs shorts to the gym
Found the DYEL
>>
Interesting. At my gym the fat dyels are usually polite. The fat strong guys that lift the heaviest weights act the most insecure.
>>
>>36756477
Fuck off Randy
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.